TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

This is the place to discuss all aspects of the TBL Roster Update for Eastside Hockey Manager. Report data mistakes, volunteer to be a researcher or simply discuss any aspect of the TBL Rosters here.
Forum rules
We cannot generally give estimated release dates for the TBL Rosters.

Please do not ask us when the release date will be as we simply cannot say. The update work is undertaken by a small number of very kind users who do the work in their spare time. It is simply the case that the update will be released as soon as the planned work has been completed. For obvious reasons we do not rush releases.

The more people who help with the updating work, the quicker we can get the rosters updated and released. If you would like to help then please post in the Researcher Sign-up Thread. All serious offers of help are very gratefully received.

Useful Links: Find your EHM 1 installation folder locationConverting an EHM 2007 database into EHM 1Logo sizesWhere to install add-onsTBL Rosters Crash Thread
Beukeboom
Minor League
Favourite Team: New York Rangers

TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by Beukeboom » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:05 pm

I really enjoy 2.3 with the toned down players and had a nice game going with the rangers, but it always keeps crashing on 12th of october in the 2nd season. Is this Lidas rosters related?

Merged several threads into one big/Manimal

McQwak
Stanley Cup Winner
Custom Rank: Now with capital letters!

Post by McQwak » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:33 am

No, it's some sort of common bug. Check this thread and post your situation there, incl. link to screenshot and error message.

I'd recommned you these steps:
1) run new game with Lidas2.3 roster and try to get past that date
2) run new game with default roster and try to get past that date

Then tell us in that thread above what the results are.

Beukeboom
Minor League

Post by Beukeboom » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:32 pm

Thanks for your help, in other situations like this simming past always helped. not this time :-(

riz_si
SI Games

Post by riz_si » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:16 am

Typically these have been due to some corrupted staff entries in the DB. If you have the saved game and can upload it somewhere, I could try and take a look at it to see what the problem is.

Beukeboom
Minor League

Post by Beukeboom » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:11 pm

Thanks riz. Thats what i call passion to support a game you dont even work on any more. But i dont want to waste your time, i have given up on the game more or less now and what for the new rosters. Will perhaps come back when it happens with my new save. ;-)

BTW I am donating the time i saved for you on to the EHM 201x realization fund. ;-)

RomaGoth
Fringe Player
Favourite Team: Detroit Red Wings

Post by RomaGoth » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:13 pm

Beukeboom wrote:BTW I am donating the time i saved for you on to the EHM 201x realization fund. ;-)
Very nice. =D>

Tommk
Learning to skate

New database help

Post by Tommk » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:16 pm

Hello everyone, I have been playing ehm for a couple months and just recently bought the full game. I downloaded Manimals database and extracted the zipped file into "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007\data\database". So in the database folder there is another folder titled "LidasDB3.0".

When I start up a new game it goes right to where you pick what league you want to play in (instead of a window popping up where you select a database). When I go to pick a team they are the original EHM rosters.
I have tried running EHM as administrator and tried restarting the computer, no luck.

I have searched through the forums but havent found anything that could help.
If you have any input that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

Post by Tasku » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:29 pm

You need to patch your game. 3.0.4

whatwasthat
Prospect

Post by whatwasthat » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:31 pm

This is how you have your files setup
C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007\data\database\LidasDB3.0

That is wrong, you are suppose to copy and paste the contents of the LidasDB 3.0 directly into the \database folder.

So its suppose to look like this without the sub folder
C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007\data\database

Edit: oh nvm, I think Tasku is right, you probably haven't patched your game yet. Ignore my post :doh:

Tommk
Learning to skate

Post by Tommk » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:44 pm

thanks to both of you on the quick response.

I downloaded the Patch 3.0.4, do I extract it into the database folder as well?

Tasku
TBL Admin Team

Post by Tasku » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:16 pm

When the game is patched you should be given the option to choose your database, you don't need to overwrite the database folder. Just add the Lidas DB folder into the database folder, like you had in your first post. Or, alternatively, you can overwrite, if you feel you won't need the original database.

McQwak
Stanley Cup Winner
Custom Rank: Now with capital letters!

Post by McQwak » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:14 pm

Tasku wrote:Or, alternatively, you can overwrite, if you feel you won't need the original database.
Are you sure with this? I've always thought that the original default database needs to stay unchanged.

Tasku
TBL Admin Team

Post by Tasku » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:21 pm

I think you can overwrite it. But to be safe, I guess it's better to let it be, since you have the option of picking your database anyway. :dunno:

HarryI
Learning to skate

OFFICIAL Lidas roster crash/malfunction thread

Post by HarryI » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:10 am

So my game crashes every time I try to go to July 1st 2007.

Now I did corner the problem as I played a game without making changes to the database and it worked however it crashes when I had made changes to the data. However usually when I made those changes it would work like a charm.

I am trying to move the Thrashers to Quebec to become the Nordiques. Now usually this always works with no problem. At the start of the game after loading the database it says ATLANTA_THRASHERS index not found. I assumed it was nothing as it still worked in the past even with the error message.

I did change the Chairman and the President name as well as the team name. I moved the Flyers to the Southeast, Sabres to the Atlantic and put the Nords in the Northeast. I did put an arena move for August 1st 2007 but in my previous Lidas game it also worked. So I don't know now...

Help? Suggestions?

stone169
Checking Line
Favourite Team: Ottawa Senators

Post by stone169 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Create a team called the "Atlanta Thrashers". You don't have to add them to any league or anything, just create them. In the NHL it's Atlanta and Phoenix that have to be created if you try to move them.

HarryI
Learning to skate

Post by HarryI » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:14 am

stone169 wrote:Create a team called the "Atlanta Thrashers". You don't have to add them to any league or anything, just create them. In the NHL it's Atlanta and Phoenix that have to be created if you try to move them.
wow thanks :-D

patrick3459
Junior League

Update wont work

Post by patrick3459 » Mon May 23, 2011 12:33 am

I have just purchased NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007 and have tried to update with the latest Lindas update.
The update will download and I have moved it to the NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007\Data\database file as told to. The Lindas file is there but I don’t get an option on which database I want to use when staring a new game.
What have I done wrong or not done at all????
Many thanks for any help.
](*,) :rant: :dunno:

Saapas
Checking Line
Favourite Team: RoKi

Re: Update wont work

Post by Saapas » Mon May 23, 2011 1:04 am

Have you patched your game to version 3.0.4? The patch can be found from the downloads section :thup:

hcdfanatic83
Junior League

Post by hcdfanatic83 » Mon May 23, 2011 2:25 am

I had this problem too.

I think i had to Move the Game and the new DB to the Documents Folder.

But i dont remember exactly...

patrick3459
Junior League

Post by patrick3459 » Mon May 23, 2011 3:05 am

Thanks for getting in touch. This is what I have in the Data file.
NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007\data\database

3.0.2 edit
Lidas DB 03
Then all the other files

Do I have to open the files???? :-? I have tried loading the game several times, but I don't get asked which Database I would like to use. ](*,)
Where do I go from here?
I have had this problem with Football Manager in the past so it's something I'm not doing probably! :help:

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Mon May 23, 2011 8:41 am

You need 3.0.4

patrick3459
Junior League

Post by patrick3459 » Mon May 23, 2011 6:53 pm

Now have 3.0.2 and 3.0.4 DB update as well Lidas 3.0 and 3.1 DB updates in the Data\database folder. Still do not get any options when starting a new game. ](*,) :rant:
Any idears what I'm doing wrong????? :-?

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Post by bruins72 » Mon May 23, 2011 7:06 pm

Your EHM needs to be updated to 3.0.4 is what he means. To be able to use the roster update you need to be using the latest patch of the game.

patrick3459
Junior League

Post by patrick3459 » Tue May 24, 2011 12:45 pm

I have downloaded the 3.0.4 patch but it still won't work. The game still runs the original 3.1 ? version.
How do I install the 3.0.4 Patch?

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Post by bruins72 » Tue May 24, 2011 2:49 pm

Maker sure the game is closed. Put the patch file in the same folder as the game. If you're running Windows 7, right click on the patch and choose "Run as Administrator". Otherwise, just double-click it and run it. It should update your game. If your game is updated to 3.0.4 then you should have the option to choose which database you use when you start a new game.

Return to “TBL Rosters”