TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

This is the place to discuss all aspects of the TBL Roster Update for Eastside Hockey Manager. Report data mistakes, volunteer to be a researcher or simply discuss any aspect of the TBL Rosters here.
Forum rules
We cannot generally give estimated release dates for the TBL Rosters.

Please do not ask us when the release date will be as we simply cannot say. The update work is undertaken by a small number of very kind users who do the work in their spare time. It is simply the case that the update will be released as soon as the planned work has been completed. For obvious reasons we do not rush releases.

The more people who help with the updating work, the quicker we can get the rosters updated and released. If you would like to help then please post in the Researcher Sign-up Thread. All serious offers of help are very gratefully received.

Useful Links: Find your EHM 1 installation folder locationConverting an EHM 2007 database into EHM 1Logo sizesWhere to install add-onsTBL Rosters Crash Thread
User avatar
kakashinomi
Junior League
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:22 am
Favourite Team: Vancouver Canucks
Location: North Vancouver

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by kakashinomi » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:52 am

Hey folks,

I'm getting consistent crashes on June 18th, 2019 of v10.1 while playing as GM of the Vegas Golden Knights. The game's not spitting out any sort of error code, just the typical 'Program not responding, please close program' message from Windows.

Not sure what's causing this crash as a result. The leagues I have enabled are as follows:

NHL - Detailed
AHL - View Only
Memorial Cup - View Only

Happy to provide a save if that helps any.

Thanks for listening! :hockey:

User avatar
philou21
The Great One
Posts: 9255
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:15 pm
Custom Rank: 24 cups!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche
Location: Trois-Rivières, Québec

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by philou21 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:51 am

I'm coming cose to this date in my save. I'll keep a look fpr something similar. Though I'm not playing Vegas.

User avatar
Ukko
TBL Rosters Researcher
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:14 am
Favourite Team: Blackhawks, Sharks, Finns, EK65.
Location: Lyon - FRA

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by Ukko » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:21 am

Btw, I noticed my team's colors appear to be "Home" when visiting Vegas (I play Chicago).

Anyone else got the glitch ?

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 18990
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by archibalduk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:31 pm

kakashinomi wrote:Hey folks,

I'm getting consistent crashes on June 18th, 2019 of v10.1 while playing as GM of the Vegas Golden Knights. The game's not spitting out any sort of error code, just the typical 'Program not responding, please close program' message from Windows.

Not sure what's causing this crash as a result. The leagues I have enabled are as follows:

NHL - Detailed
AHL - View Only
Memorial Cup - View Only

Happy to provide a save if that helps any.

Thanks for listening! :hockey:
It might be worth uploading the saved game for SI to take a look. Here are instructions: https://community.sigames.com/topic/345275-ftp-details/

User avatar
kakashinomi
Junior League
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:22 am
Favourite Team: Vancouver Canucks
Location: North Vancouver

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by kakashinomi » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:06 am

Ukko wrote:Btw, I noticed my team's colors appear to be "Home" when visiting Vegas (I play Chicago).

Anyone else got the glitch ?
Yep, I was noticing this in my Vegas save as well. Must be a bug of some kind.

User avatar
A309GFD
Junior League
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:51 pm
Favourite Team: Nottingham Panthers

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by A309GFD » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:58 pm

Hi

I am getting this since the version 10 roster update.

[img]ESHM%20Screenshot.jpg[/img]

Is there any where I can download the previous version database so I can atleast use that to get it running if you dont have a fix?

Thanks

John

User avatar
A309GFD
Junior League
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:51 pm
Favourite Team: Nottingham Panthers

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by A309GFD » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:01 pm

Doesnt look like I got the screenshot to show ... sorry.

The error says in a box saying "Fatal" - v1.4.1 ingame_events.ccp 2830

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 18990
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by archibalduk » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:08 pm

We need more details than that. Did you make any changed to the database? When does the error occur? Have you tried playing with a backup?

User avatar
A309GFD
Junior League
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:51 pm
Favourite Team: Nottingham Panthers

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by A309GFD » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi archibalduk, thanks for replying, no its the standard DB, the error is during early game play. It is on the netbook I have running Win 7 and is strange as it doesn't happen on the laptop running the same Win 7. The previous version of the game worked perfect but I cannot find that db file on these pages to down load it and play using that. Are the pre V10 data bases available anywhere? If you direct message me with an email address I can send you the screen shot.

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 18990
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by archibalduk » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:20 pm

When does the error occur? Have you tried playing with a backup?

You can post screenshots to the forum by uploading via something like Imgur and using [img][/img] tags in your forum post.

Gaindeh
Junior League
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:49 pm
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by Gaindeh » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:59 am

Hey!

Im still having problems with ''Fantasy Draft''. Everytime I choose it, no matter what the options are the game crashes while it loads database. Any advices on that. Does it occur with someone else?

BorjeS
Learning to skate
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:12 pm
Favourite Team: Färjestad BK

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by BorjeS » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:25 am

My game keeps crashing every now and then. When I look in the folder "Games" the save is there, but when i choose "Load game" it doesnt seem to find it.
I bought the game thru Steam and I use the latest patch, 17/18 rosters.

User avatar
Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 7884
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:36 pm
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals
Location: Finland

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by Tasku » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:44 am

BorjeS wrote:My game keeps crashing every now and then. When I look in the folder "Games" the save is there, but when i choose "Load game" it doesnt seem to find it.
I bought the game thru Steam and I use the latest patch, 17/18 rosters.
Sounds like you might have a broken save file. Sometimes that just happens. To avoid that it's recommended you use the umm... save safely or rolling saves mode... not sure which one actually makes the game create multiple save games. I always have them both enabled. Maybe someone else knows (or just use them both!)

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 18990
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by archibalduk » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:20 pm

Tasku wrote:
BorjeS wrote:My game keeps crashing every now and then. When I look in the folder "Games" the save is there, but when i choose "Load game" it doesnt seem to find it.
I bought the game thru Steam and I use the latest patch, 17/18 rosters.
Sounds like you might have a broken save file. Sometimes that just happens. To avoid that it's recommended you use the umm... save safely or rolling saves mode... not sure which one actually makes the game create multiple save games. I always have them both enabled. Maybe someone else knows (or just use them both!)
Rolling saves = Rolling game backups created

Save safely = The game will check there is enough hard drive space before saving (IIRC).

Usually, it's a case of enabling both of the above and disabling the Compressed Saves setting.

isselu
Junior League
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:24 pm
Favourite Team: Detroit Red Wings, Luleå Hockey

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by isselu » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:23 pm

so i am on my 6th year with the red wings with the latest tblroster and i can only simulate a couple days before crashing, here is the error i get
https://imgur.com/VtqTUUf
is there any way i can continue or am i doomed???

User avatar
ItWasJustified
Junior League
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:48 pm
Favourite Team: Skellefteå AIK
Location: Uppsala

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by ItWasJustified » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:14 am

Swedish HockeyEttan
Hammarby, Vallentuna, Wings HC Arlanda and Visby Roma plays in HockeyEttan North everytime I start the game but when I check in the editor they play in their respectively division. Sollefteå, Boden, Östersund should play in the North division but are moved to other divisions.

User avatar
Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 6232
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:01 am
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF
Location: Karlstad, Sweden

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by Manimal » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:49 am

ItWasJustified wrote:Swedish HockeyEttan
Hammarby, Vallentuna, Wings HC Arlanda and Visby Roma plays in HockeyEttan North everytime I start the game but when I check in the editor they play in their respectively division. Sollefteå, Boden, Östersund should play in the North division but are moved to other divisions.
Yes, the league structures are not set up with the correct divisions
It is on our to do-list

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 18990
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by archibalduk » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:54 pm

isselu wrote:so i am on my 6th year with the red wings with the latest tblroster and i can only simulate a couple days before crashing, here is the error i get
https://imgur.com/VtqTUUf
is there any way i can continue or am i doomed???
That's a new one on me. Did you make some edits to your database or saved game?
ItWasJustified wrote:Swedish HockeyEttan
Hammarby, Vallentuna, Wings HC Arlanda and Visby Roma plays in HockeyEttan North everytime I start the game but when I check in the editor they play in their respectively division. Sollefteå, Boden, Östersund should play in the North division but are moved to other divisions.
Please can we just use this thread for crashes and malfunctions.

isselu
Junior League
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:24 pm
Favourite Team: Detroit Red Wings, Luleå Hockey

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by isselu » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:00 pm

archibalduk wrote:
isselu wrote:so i am on my 6th year with the red wings with the latest tblroster and i can only simulate a couple days before crashing, here is the error i get
https://imgur.com/VtqTUUf
is there any way i can continue or am i doomed???
That's a new one on me. Did you make some edits to your database or saved game?

yes i did some small changes, but like it was fine for 5 seasons and then all of a sudden it just started crashing.... oh well i had 2 straight cups so maybe it is just time to move on from that save :p

isselu
Junior League
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:24 pm
Favourite Team: Detroit Red Wings, Luleå Hockey

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by isselu » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:25 pm

ok so this time it worked for a bit longer, i did not make many changes. the only thing i did was raise the cap just a bit. on the 23rd of february 2026 i get this message
https://imgur.com/Yhehm6C
is this saved messed up aswell??

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 18990
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by archibalduk » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:41 pm

Hmm that looks like an issue with the Allsvenskan. We'll need to sim through to the 2025/26 season in a new game to see whether that's a consistent issue with the database. From the error message, it looks like an issue with the second stage of the league (the relegation play-outs).

isselu
Junior League
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:24 pm
Favourite Team: Detroit Red Wings, Luleå Hockey

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by isselu » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:10 pm

archibalduk wrote:Hmm that looks like an issue with the Allsvenskan. We'll need to sim through to the 2025/26 season in a new game to see whether that's a consistent issue with the database. From the error message, it looks like an issue with the second stage of the league (the relegation play-outs).
do you want me to try and see if i can get it to work?? cuz right now i just want this dang game to work for me!!

isselu
Junior League
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:24 pm
Favourite Team: Detroit Red Wings, Luleå Hockey

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by isselu » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:25 pm

or should i send you my save?? maybe you could figure out what is wrong.

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 18990
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by archibalduk » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:11 pm

No there's no need, thanks. It's a case of me using the vanilla v10.1 Rosters to see what happens.

isselu
Junior League
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:24 pm
Favourite Team: Detroit Red Wings, Luleå Hockey

Re: TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Post by isselu » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:46 pm

archibalduk wrote:No there's no need, thanks. It's a case of me using the vanilla v10.1 Rosters to see what happens.
i think the only things i edited were some prospects i thought were underrated and the salary cap, i didn't even touch anything in sweden.

Post Reply

Return to “TBL Rosters”