Manimal Rosters 2011-2012; Mistakes, omissions, tweaks etc

This is the place to discuss all aspects of the TBL Roster Update for Eastside Hockey Manager. Report data mistakes, volunteer to be a researcher or simply discuss any aspect of the TBL Rosters here.
Forum rules
We cannot generally give estimated release dates for the TBL Rosters.

Please do not ask us when the release date will be as we simply cannot say. The update work is undertaken by a small number of very kind users who do the work in their spare time. It is simply the case that the update will be released as soon as the planned work has been completed. For obvious reasons we do not rush releases.

The more people who help with the updating work, the quicker we can get the rosters updated and released. If you would like to help then please post in the Researcher Sign-up Thread. All serious offers of help are very gratefully received.

Useful Links: Find your EHM 1 installation folder locationConverting an EHM 2007 database into EHM 1Logo sizesWhere to install add-onsTBL Rosters Crash Thread
bestrafer7
Drafted

Re: Manimal Rosters 2011-2012; Mistakes, omissions, tweaks e

Post by bestrafer7 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:30 pm

batdad wrote:No offense bestrafer...Seattle is really not very good. And just miss the playoffs? Dude...they had the #1 pick in the draft this year by winning the draft lottery. I believe they were the third worst team in the league even with Pickard in net.
Seattle is not very good, but that is why the challenge would be fun with picking up Barzal in the bantam draft and picking up Overager goaltender Brendan Glover from Calgary.

And they did "just" miss the playoffs as they were eliminated from the playoffs by losing to Portland in their final game of the season. If they would have won, they would have been the 8th seed.
batdad wrote:Yes he was good, but not the best WHL goalie ever. A bit of an exaggeration if ever. I mean how soon do we forget Carey Price, Tyson Sexsmith , Grant Fuhr, even Nathan Lieuwen his last two years, Cam Ward, even Pick's older brother, Leland Irving, Cory Hirsch (look up his numbers) Kelly Hrudey, Trevor Kidd....wow so many guys to make that kind of a statement. Seriously lets be a little less biased. Wow. Those guys took me 2 minutes to think of...and I know there are a ton more. Showing your fandom and isolation a bit there?
That was my very biased way of campaigning to use Seattle in the next Challenge. :razz:

Although, Pickard did break the WHL Record for saves in a career by over 800 saves (7,727).. and holds the WHL Record for Minutes Played (14,025)
batdad wrote:And yes...Seattle, Everett, Prince George, Prince Albert, Lethbridge...should all be good challenge teams. Swift Current as well. Victoria Royals are not very good either.
If not Seattle, Everett Prince George and Swift Current would be fun teams.

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Goalies who break save records do it for one of two reasons:
1. Longevity
2. The team is bad.

Pickard is both.

Anyway...back to what this thread is about? HEy MANIMAL--What the heck are you doing? WHere are the Calgary Hitmen?

:-D

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner
Custom Rank: TIMMAH TEEEEE!!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by timmy_t » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:59 am

Where's Columbus' 1st round pick for the Jeff Carter - Jack Johnson trade?

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:00 am

Oh don't worry Timmy...even if they had it they would mess it up. :-D

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by timmy_t » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:39 am

batdad wrote:Oh don't worry Timmy...even if they had it they would mess it up. :-D
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

You're probably right!

Loosie
Team Captain
Custom Rank: Holy journeyman Batman

Post by Loosie » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:25 pm

batdad wrote:Goalies who break save records do it for one of two reasons:
1. Longevity
2. The team is bad.

Pickard is both.

Anyway...back to what this thread is about? HEy MANIMAL--What the heck are you doing? WHere are the Calgary Hitmen?

Well you see batdad when EHM was created there were only 21 teams in the WHL, now that there are 22 teams in the WHL the worst team from the previous year gets dumped to either the BCHL/AJHL/MJHL/SJHL because the number of teams in the playable leagues are hard-coded. I expect in 5.0 Calgary will be back in the WHL and the Prince Albert Raiders will be moved down.

jon.
Learning to skate

Post by jon. » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:50 am

In the latest update playing as Ottawa, I noticed the Binghamton Senators are in the ECHL when they should be in the AHL.

EDIT: Just saw the post above mine. I guess this kind of the same thing?

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by timmy_t » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:34 am

jon. wrote:In the latest update playing as Ottawa, I noticed the Binghamton Senators are in the ECHL when they should be in the AHL.

EDIT: Just saw the post above mine. I guess this kind of the same thing?
Yeah, the game is hard-coded to have 27 AHL teams. They have to put three in the ECHL to fix it. Also, that's why you get two ECHL teams as affiliates.

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Ladies and gentlemen...PLEASE READ THE GREAT BIG RED NOTES ABOVE THE DATABASE FORUM.

Oh,,,and hey I just wanted to mention: Why on earth are their two ADmirals teams in the game, and why is one of them in the ECHL? :-D

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:59 pm

bestrafer7 wrote: As for the WHL Challenge.. Seattle is perfect.. They just lost the best goalie in WHL history.. Calvin Pickard and they have the #1 overall pick in the Bantam Draft and Top Ten in the Import Draft with some really solid prospects.. It would be a really fun challenge.
The WHL challenge will be with the 4.2rosters so Seattle would still have Pickard and I am not sure I remembered to create Barzal.
timmy_t wrote:Just looking at Seattle in the WHL and their arena lists the ShoWare center in Ohio, not Washington. (Not sure if someone posted this already)
Thanks! I will change this

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by timmy_t » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Some of the NHL Players that went into coaching/office roles are still set to retire.

Joe Sakic, Adam Deadmarsh, and Daniel Laperriere retired after the first day in an Avalanche game I started. (I mean completely retired from the game, not as a player)
Also, Joe Nieuwendyk retired as GM for the Stars.

There may be more. I think it's because they were still players on the first day of some of the older databases.

Manimal
TBL Admin Team

Post by Manimal » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:51 pm

timmy_t wrote:Some of the NHL Players that went into coaching/office roles are still set to retire.

Joe Sakic, Adam Deadmarsh, and Daniel Laperriere retired after the first day in an Avalanche game I started. (I mean completely retired from the game, not as a player)

There may be more. I think it's because they were still players on the first day of some of the older databases.
Yes, of course! Why didn't I think of that?
When we removed the player attributes from non-players then all would retire completely.
To get away from this I urge everyone to delete all retirements from the extra_config file in the editor

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Shall I upload a modified version of the database with all of the extra_config retirements removed?

Manimal
TBL Admin Team

Post by Manimal » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:52 pm

archibalduk wrote:Shall I upload a modified version of the database with all of the extra_config retirements removed?
Let me have a look at it first

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by timmy_t » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:19 am

Manimal wrote:
timmy_t wrote:Some of the NHL Players that went into coaching/office roles are still set to retire.

Yes, of course! Why didn't I think of that?
When we removed the player attributes from non-players then all would retire completely.
To get away from this I urge everyone to delete all retirements from the extra_config file in the editor
That's an easy solution! ;)

Hockey13Playa
Junior League

Post by Hockey13Playa » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:06 am

I just noticed in Manimal v4.1b and v4.2b Steven Stamkos potential ability is glitched. In both of these rosters it is set at "-10" which obviously an error!

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by timmy_t » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:26 am

Hockey13Playa wrote:I just noticed in Manimal v4.1b and v4.2b Steven Stamkos potential ability is glitched. In both of these rosters it is set at "-10" which obviously an error!
No it's not an error. (-10) is a random Potential Ability which gives him between 170-200.

If you would have searched the forums you would have found this thread:

http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/vi ... nge#p79564

Look about halfway down the page. :nerd:

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by timmy_t » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:27 am

Hey guys, I was just wondering: when you removed all of the player attributes for the people that became staff (ie Joe Sakic), did you recreate that player to be regenerated?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:41 am

I can't speak for Manimal with regards to work on the regens, but I can say that those player attributes were completely removed from the DB.

Manimal
TBL Admin Team

Post by Manimal » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:49 pm

timmy_t wrote:Hey guys, I was just wondering: when you removed all of the player attributes for the people that became staff (ie Joe Sakic), did you recreate that player to be regenerated?
No. That is one of the reasons we did it. We want to reduce the number of superstar regens

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by timmy_t » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Yeah, it makes sense. Because you're creating all of these young guys with high PA's. Thanks for getting back to me on it. :-)

NingDynasty
Junior League

Post by NingDynasty » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:11 pm

As a Tampa Bay Lightning fan our now #1 prospect is not in your roster set. JT Brown from Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs and now Tampa Bay Lightning.

Then of course the rerating of our system as a whole no way Alex Killorn's potential is know yet at this point should be a -7/-8 or -14 coming out of college. Cory Conacher as well rookie AHL player wins the MVP should be more of a -14 than a -7. Best info on Norfolk and the rest of the kids in our system is found at BoltProspects.com

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by timmy_t » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:42 pm

NingDynasty wrote:As a Tampa Bay Lightning fan our now #1 prospect is not in your roster set. JT Brown from Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs and now Tampa Bay Lightning.

Then of course the rerating of our system as a whole no way Alex Killorn's potential is know yet at this point should be a -7/-8 or -14 coming out of college. Cory Conacher as well rookie AHL player wins the MVP should be more of a -14 than a -7. Best info on Norfolk and the rest of the kids in our system is found at BoltProspects.com
They use Hockey's Future to rate the prospects. It's probably a little less biased than Bolt Prospects.

NingDynasty
Junior League

Post by NingDynasty » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:21 pm

timmy_t wrote:
NingDynasty wrote:As a Tampa Bay Lightning fan our now #1 prospect is not in your roster set. JT Brown from Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs and now Tampa Bay Lightning.

They use Hockey's Future to rate the prospects. It's probably a little less biased than Bolt Prospects.
Bias has nothing to do with ranking the prospects in your system. Also bias or not at least the information is accurate. Our strengths are not our big physical defenseman or goaltending prospects, as HF states. I'm not saying Yzerman isn't infallible but I'm pretty sure we didn't just trade 2 2nds for the 3rd best goalie in our system either. :-p HockeysFuture is a great idea but they don't do the type of work following all the people in these systems that individual sites do and there for should be taken with even more of a grain of salt than the individual sites.

Manimal
TBL Admin Team

Post by Manimal » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:26 pm

There are a few guys from college that signed with NHL teams after March 1st that does not exist in the database. They will, of course, all be created
Killorn's potential is hard to predict. He was set as -13 this fall
After a look at him and Conacher I am leaning on setting them as -7. I don't think they'll get up to 160 in CA

We did not use HF-ratings last year(some researchers might have, but it was not a rule)

Return to “TBL Rosters”