TBL Retro Rosters 1998/99 (Discussion & correction thread)

This is the place to discuss database or roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager (other than the TBL Rosters). Please note that any queries about the TBL Rosters or data editing should be asked in the TBL Rosters Forum and the Data Editing Forum respectively.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
Post Reply
User avatar
CJ
TBL Rosters Researcher
Posts: 3411
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:34 pm
Custom Rank: Formerly jhcjobpb
Favourite Team: Florida Panthers
Location: Finland

TBL Retro Rosters 1998/99 (Discussion & correction thread)

Post by CJ » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Image

This thread is reserved for the discussion of the TBL Retro Rosters!
Last edited by CJ on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 14 times in total.

domburmeister
Junior League
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Re: 1998-99 CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by domburmeister » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:18 am

any MAC version? I'm itching to play :)

User avatar
batdad
The Great One
Posts: 12612
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:46 pm
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.
Location: Look behind you, you peon

Re: 1998-99 CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by batdad » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:26 am

All Rosters work with Mac.

domburmeister
Junior League
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Re: 1998-99 CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by domburmeister » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:16 pm

When I download the file it only opens as a "text" file. The same thing happens with the 79/80 roster and a couple of the rosters lazion did from the past two or three years. Any input?

User avatar
nino33
Mr. Goalie
Posts: 6021
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:37 am
Custom Rank: Retro Rosters Specialist
Favourite Team: 1970s hockey

Re: 1998-99 CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by nino33 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:29 pm

domburmeister wrote:When I download the file it only opens as a "text" file. The same thing happens with the 79/80 roster and a couple of the rosters lazion did from the past two or three years. Any input?
Weird...both Pens66 and Lazion's rosters downloaded fine for me in the past, and so did CJ's v0.9 just now :dunno:

domburmeister
Junior League
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Re: 1998-99 CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by domburmeister » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:41 am

I'm assuming you use a MAC as well?

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 19536
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: 1998-99 CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by archibalduk » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:07 am

How large are the files when you download them? They should be approx 7mb.

If so. perhaps you don't have the correct software to open zip files?

User avatar
nino33
Mr. Goalie
Posts: 6021
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:37 am
Custom Rank: Retro Rosters Specialist
Favourite Team: 1970s hockey

Re: 1998/99: CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by nino33 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:51 pm

domburmeister wrote:I'm assuming you use a MAC as well?
No, but my understanding from others (http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/vi ... c&start=25) is rosters are "cross platform"

User avatar
nino33
Mr. Goalie
Posts: 6021
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:37 am
Custom Rank: Retro Rosters Specialist
Favourite Team: 1970s hockey

Re: 1998/99: CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by nino33 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:37 am

Hi CJ

I received the database earlier today, and I've already added the young kids "minor hockey leagues" for players age 1-13

Currently I'm going through the Major Junior teams/players (started with the WHL) and I'm deleting all 2006 players who never player pro + I'm moving 2006 players who played pro to the league for their 1998 age (and I'm not touching those players who have already been age adjusted and are already on the correct team)

For example, with the Brandon Wheat Kings I deleted Tyler Strautman, Luke Hewitt, Cole Hunter and Brody Melynchuck.
I adjusted Scott Glennie's age (made him an 8 year old!) and moved him onto the newly created Novice Ones hockey team.
Because I'm working from an old list of 1998 database players I noticed Brayden Schenn had been moved...I found him, age adjusted to age 8, playing with 17 year olds in the Saskatchewan Midget AAA Hockey League. So I moved him onto the Novice Ones too.

Regards :-)

User avatar
CJ
TBL Rosters Researcher
Posts: 3411
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:34 pm
Custom Rank: Formerly jhcjobpb
Favourite Team: Florida Panthers
Location: Finland

Re: 1998/99: CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by CJ » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:34 am

nino33 wrote:Hi CJ

I received the database earlier today, and I've already added the young kids "minor hockey leagues" for players age 1-13

Currently I'm going through the Major Junior teams/players (started with the WHL) and I'm deleting all 2006 players who never player pro + I'm moving 2006 players who played pro to the league for their 1998 age (and I'm not touching those players who have already been age adjusted and are already on the correct team)

For example, with the Brandon Wheat Kings I deleted Tyler Strautman, Luke Hewitt, Cole Hunter and Brody Melynchuck.
I adjusted Scott Glennie's age (made him an 8 year old!) and moved him onto the newly created Novice Ones hockey team.
Because I'm working from an old list of 1998 database players I noticed Brayden Schenn had been moved...I found him, age adjusted to age 8, playing with 17 year olds in the Saskatchewan Midget AAA Hockey League. So I moved him onto the Novice Ones too.

Regards :-)
That's really great! :-) I was gonna ask you about those leagues, but now that you started I don't have to. :-D

And yes it's probably best to do it for euro leagues also, so no future star retires early. :roll: Looking at the minor hockey wiki page you sent in the mail; wouln't it be better to have all the euro minor league named the same. As in U16, U14, U12 etc.? Then it's easier to move players. What if you see a player playing in Germany "Schüler" league, you have no idea what that is. :-D Or we'll just keep those names wiki has suggested? It's up to you. :-)

User avatar
nino33
Mr. Goalie
Posts: 6021
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:37 am
Custom Rank: Retro Rosters Specialist
Favourite Team: 1970s hockey

Re: 1998/99: CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by nino33 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:19 pm

jhcjobpb wrote:wouln't it be better to have all the euro minor league named the same. As in U16, U14, U12 etc.? Then it's easier to move players.
I too think a uniform U16, U14, etc approach would be best (the link was just for general reference/examples)...maybe every 3 years would be better than every 2?

User avatar
CJ
TBL Rosters Researcher
Posts: 3411
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:34 pm
Custom Rank: Formerly jhcjobpb
Favourite Team: Florida Panthers
Location: Finland

Re: 1998/99: CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by CJ » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:51 pm

nino33 wrote:
jhcjobpb wrote:wouln't it be better to have all the euro minor league named the same. As in U16, U14, U12 etc.? Then it's easier to move players.
I too think a uniform U16, U14, etc approach would be best (the link was just for general reference/examples)...maybe every 3 years would be better than every 2?
Or every 4 year? Depends on how much you wanna do... :-D Well you can name the euro junior leagues with the "U" then. :-)
Every 3 years; U20, U17, U14, U11, U8, U5
Every 4 years; U20, U16, U12, U8 ,U4 (has one less than the above)

User avatar
CJ
TBL Rosters Researcher
Posts: 3411
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:34 pm
Custom Rank: Formerly jhcjobpb
Favourite Team: Florida Panthers
Location: Finland

Re: 1998/99: CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by CJ » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:51 am

I've now played my first season with this DB. I'm Ottawa Senators. This is how it looked after the first season.
Image
Image
In the playoff I won Washington 4-2, then I got against Boston and lost 4-1. :doh:
Alfredsson placed second in playoff points. 11 games 22 points. :-D

Dallas won the Stanley Cup (as they did IRL :**) against New Jersey.

gmcfarla
Junior League
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:03 pm

Re: 1998/99: CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by gmcfarla » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:02 pm

Hi CJ,

I would just like to say Thank You! once again for all the hard work you did preparing this database. I've looked at it through the editor, and everything looks great!

The only thing I've found so far is that a couple of Buffalo players have problems in their last name. Hasek has a strange character replacing the s, while Satan's last name started with a fraction. The latter is also true for a few other players, but nobody of note.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to try the database yet. I'm getting an error "v3.0.2 db_files.cpp 1809" when I try to load it. I've gotten this type of message before, but so far I cannot recall how I worked around it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Glenn
Last edited by gmcfarla on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

gmcfarla
Junior League
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:03 pm

Re: 1998/99: CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by gmcfarla » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:02 pm

<second post set by mistake - sorry!>

Glenn

User avatar
CJ
TBL Rosters Researcher
Posts: 3411
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:34 pm
Custom Rank: Formerly jhcjobpb
Favourite Team: Florida Panthers
Location: Finland

Re: 1998/99: CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by CJ » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:27 am

gmcfarla wrote:I would just like to say Thank You! once again for all the hard work you did preparing this database. I've looked at it through the editor, and everything looks great!
Thanks and you're welcome! :-)
gmcfarla wrote:The only thing I've found so far is that a couple of Buffalo players have problems in their last name. Hasek has a strange character replacing the s, while Satan's last name started with a fraction. The latter is also true for a few other players, but nobody of note.
You don't see their names like Hašek & Šatan? Maybe someone else can answer this question. I dunno why your computer isn't registering those letters.
gmcfarla wrote:Unfortunately, I haven't been able to try the database yet. I'm getting an error "v3.0.2 db_files.cpp 1809" when I try to load it. I've gotten this type of message before, but so far I cannot recall how I worked around it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
That I can't answer, but I hope, and I'm sure someone here does know what the problem is, or have a clue what's causing it. :-)

gmcfarla
Junior League
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:03 pm

Re: 1998/99: CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by gmcfarla » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:43 am

Hi all,

I figured it out! I needed to upgrade to the 3.04 patch. Amongst other places, you can find it here: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=a0fa740e ... C5C5%21127.

Let the games begin!

Glenn

User avatar
CJ
TBL Rosters Researcher
Posts: 3411
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:34 pm
Custom Rank: Formerly jhcjobpb
Favourite Team: Florida Panthers
Location: Finland

Re: 1998/99: CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by CJ » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:46 am

gmcfarla wrote:Hi all,

I figured it out! I needed to upgrade to the 3.04 patch. Amongst other places, you can find it here: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=a0fa740e ... C5C5%21127.

Let the games begin!

Glenn
That's great! Have fun! :-) :thup:

JPBeaulieu
Learning to skate
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Re: 1998/99: CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by JPBeaulieu » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:11 pm

Good stuff !

Are you guys using the start date patch and use 1998 as a start date ?
I noticed that if I do so, the age of the players are not real.

Regards

User avatar
CJ
TBL Rosters Researcher
Posts: 3411
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:34 pm
Custom Rank: Formerly jhcjobpb
Favourite Team: Florida Panthers
Location: Finland

Re: 1998/99: CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by CJ » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:08 pm

JPBeaulieu wrote:Good stuff !

Are you guys using the start date patch and use 1998 as a start date ?
I noticed that if I do so, the age of the players are not real.

Regards
No this is without the start date patch. I don't wanna work on two "db's" now. So I'll just continue with this one, as this is the base work of Lazions database. When there's a "stable" version I can pretty easily change all players ages -8 years, so it would match real life. :-)
Last edited by CJ on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
nino33
Mr. Goalie
Posts: 6021
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:37 am
Custom Rank: Retro Rosters Specialist
Favourite Team: 1970s hockey

Re: 1998/99: CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by nino33 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:12 pm

jhcjobpb wrote:
JPBeaulieu wrote:Good stuff !

Are you guys using the start date patch and use 1998 as a start date ?
I noticed that if I do so, the age of the players are not real.

Regards
No this is without the start date patch. I don't wanna work on two "db's" now. So I'll just continue with this one, as this is the base work of Lazions database. When there's a "stable" version I can pretty easily change all players ages -8 years, so it would fit real life (and work with the start date patch). :-)
We'll need to deal with player history too...all the history Lazion did seems to be based on a 1998 start date, while the database itself is based on a 2006 start date - when the time comes we can export the history (to keep what we want to keep), and then delete all the history in the database, and then change the start date to 1998 (the Updater does this too!) and then add in the 1998 history

User avatar
CJ
TBL Rosters Researcher
Posts: 3411
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:34 pm
Custom Rank: Formerly jhcjobpb
Favourite Team: Florida Panthers
Location: Finland

Re: 1998/99: CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by CJ » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:17 pm

nino33 wrote:We'll need to deal with player history too...all the history Lazion did seems to be based on a 1998 start date, while the database itself is based on a 2006 start date - when the time comes we can export the history (to keep what we want to keep), and then delete all the history in the database, and then change the start date to 1998 (the Updater does this too!) and then add in the 1998 history
Yes, the only difference now is that players histories jumps from 1997 to 2006. Nino do you know if it's possible to edit the awards given to players, or are they hardcoded? I looked after the season and there were awards until 2006 I think. So 8 years of them should be deleted, IF possible. I doesn't really make any difference ingame, but still. :-)

User avatar
nino33
Mr. Goalie
Posts: 6021
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:37 am
Custom Rank: Retro Rosters Specialist
Favourite Team: 1970s hockey

Re: 1998/99: CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by nino33 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:21 am

jhcjobpb wrote:Nino do you know if it's possible to edit the awards given to players, or are they hardcoded? I looked after the season and there were awards until 2006
Yes there is (League/Team Records too), but it's not easy as I recall HaHa I'll look into it when we're at the point of looking to use the CSD (i.e. not for awhile!)

User avatar
CJ
TBL Rosters Researcher
Posts: 3411
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:34 pm
Custom Rank: Formerly jhcjobpb
Favourite Team: Florida Panthers
Location: Finland

Re: 1998/99: CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by CJ » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:09 pm

I've been working on a facepack these past few weeks. I'll soon release the first version of it. It will have over 2k faces. I've made a few hundred myself (the 90's guys guys), the newer faces is from some facepack I've downloaded here. If someone recognizes it later on we can credit someone. :-)

The first version won't have ALL faces, but at least a few is better than nothing I guess. :-)

Image

User avatar
CJ
TBL Rosters Researcher
Posts: 3411
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:34 pm
Custom Rank: Formerly jhcjobpb
Favourite Team: Florida Panthers
Location: Finland

Re: 1998/99: CJ Rosters (Discussion & Add-ons)

Post by CJ » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 am

Facepack v1.0 released!

It includes ~2500 faces. I dunno who to credit, as I used a downloaded facepack to begin with. Then I added all those other "older" faces myself into the pack. If someone recognizes who to credit, please tell. :-) There are not ALL NHL players with a pic, but I think at least over half of them are there. It's version v1.0 now, as I will add hotfixes for it with more faces later. :-)

Merry X-mas to you guys!

Post Reply

Return to “Rosters Forum”