[2019-20] xECK29x Premier Pivot Rosters (v4.5) - 10/12/19)

This is the place to discuss database or roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager (other than the TBL Rosters). Please note that any queries about the TBL Rosters or data editing should be asked in the TBL Rosters Forum and the Data Editing Forum respectively.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
StarboardWinger
Junior League

[2018-19] xECK29x Premier Pivot Rosters (v3.14.1 - 12/18/18)

Post by StarboardWinger » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:06 pm

Just want to say this is the best DB for EHM right now. Thank you sir, please continue the great work. :thup:

Marie Tournelle
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: San Jose Sharks

Post by Marie Tournelle » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:48 pm

Hi there,

I try desperatly to keep my saved game and edit it into the EHM editor (v0.2.9).
I tried one thing and succeed to avoid the game crash. Nevertheless, it still give me an error message but game doesn't crash anymore! I gonna try to explain what I did and try to be comprehensible.

In the editor (section Competition/Rules & Structures), I select the league in question (Swedish HockeyAllsvenskan). I went to "Stages" section. At this point, I didn't understand anything, but I tried one thing = I put the stages in chronological order .
It was:
1) Regular season
2) Relegation
3) Championship
4) Playoff League
5) Playoffs

I made :
1) Regular season
2) Championship
3) Playoff League
4) Playoffs
5) Relegation

I don't know if it's a good thing but since I made this change, two things appear :
1 - I had a different error message = "CUSTOM_LEAGUE::setup_next_competition_stage() - trying to draw teams from an invalid stage for stage 2 (Sweddish HockeyAllsvenskan)"
2 - I'v been able to continue to play like all's fine.

BUT, I'm not sure this won't crash later (I tried to simulate until begining of March). I can go (in game) to the HockeyAllsvenskan league to see the championship (between the two first of the regular season) and the playoffs (between the 3rd to 8th of the regular season), but that's all. I don't know if it should be a playouts for the last teams of the regular season but I can't see them.

So, to conclude, I can continue my season with my saved game, but I don't know if there will be any problems again in the future (like the playouts for example).
I hope my proceed could help you to find where the problem is. If not... hmm, well, I would have tried anyway!

Thanks again for your time !! :hockey: =D>

StarboardWinger
Junior League

Post by StarboardWinger » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:34 pm

Small thing I find, Dan Cloutier should be the assistant coach in Vancouver not Director of Personnel.

xECK29x
Fourth Line
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

Post by xECK29x » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:38 pm

StarboardWinger wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:06 pm
Just want to say this is the best DB for EHM right now. Thank you sir, please continue the great work. :thup:

Small thing I find, Dan Cloutier should be the assistant coach in Vancouver not Director of Personnel.
Thanks!! He is listed as the Director of Goaltending, so I wanted to free up that coaches spot for a video coach. Same thing on the Isles with Mitch Korn.

@Marie Tournelle Glad to see you poking around! You are correct, it was an issue with the stages, I believe I have it fixed now on my end (along with HockeyEttan) and if all is well with my testing I should have a fix released tomorrow, along with some other updates. It looks like the exact issue you are having is with the linking of stages, you may have moved them around but not the links.

StarboardWinger
Junior League

Post by StarboardWinger » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:59 am

xECK29x wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:38 pm
Thanks!! He is listed as the Director of Goaltending, so I wanted to free up that coaches spot for a video coach. Same thing on the Isles with Mitch Korn.
I see your point with Cloutier. However, I'm curious to know why you decided to add a video coach instead when a goalie coach would be more important? Also, Ian Clark is listed as a goalie coach now in Vancouver. Appreciate your feedback!

larsson34
Junior League

Post by larsson34 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:19 pm

Elias Pettersson history 17-18, his team Växjö played in SHL not the Sohl as it says in the game. Niko Hischier has
No stats for 17/18 so counts as rookie in 18/19.

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:38 pm

StarboardWinger wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:59 am
Also, Ian Clark is listed as a goalie coach now in Vancouver
To be fair I haven't gotten to Vancouver yet for the yearly staff overhauls, I have added Clark as I had no idea he was hired (not reflected on EliteProspects). Will be added in the next update!
larsson34 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:19 pm
Elias Pettersson history 17-18, his team Växjö played in SHL not the Sohl as it says in the game. Niko Hischier has
No stats for 17/18 so counts as rookie in 18/19.
Fixed in next update

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:55 pm

v3.15: Lots of fixes in this update including HockeyAllsvenskan and HockeyEttan, I've played several sims with these leagues and they appear to functioning properly in year one, I have not done long term testing but I see no issues going forward. Also added my first human playable league the Eastern Hockey League!

General Updates:
- Eastern Hockey League now human-playable! My first league made from scratch, United States junior A league slotted below the NAHL. Adds another path to start your GM career, also adds another pool of generated talent for US Colleges. Similar structure/transfer rules as USHL. More info here: Eastern Hockey League
- WJC U20 updates: Started reviewing all players/staff selected for the tornament, like every year I try to make sure every player/applicable staff member exists in the DB and is updated.
-- Teams completed so far, will complete the rest in the next update: Sweden, Finland, US

NHL/AHL Updates:
- Fixed junior rights for players under NHL contract but assigned to juniors, this will allow them to be recalled and reassigned back to juniors before and after training camp in year 1 of the sim.

United States Junior Updates:
- Drastically lowered reputations of USPHL teams to bring them in line with Junior A/AA levels

Austrian Updates:
- Updated players/staff for EBEL - Thanks ppaalloo!

Slovakian Updates:
- Thanks to ppaalloo for help with the updates below!
- Updated Tipsport team names
- Updated 1.Liga league name to Slovakian St. Nicolaus 1.Liga
- Updated players/staff for Tipsport Extraliga

Swedish Updates:
- Fixed HockeyEttan by just adding a 48th team, as the league will only be 47 for one year, which was causing issues with the league structure, thanks Aalstrom for the help! All stages tested and working.
- Fixed HockeyAllsvenskan error advancing to relegation league ~Feb 25th. Thanks to all those that reported the issue and sent me their saved games!
- Fixed some ratings and other details for Swedish players.

QMJHL Updates:
- Added several players for Blainville-Boisbriand Armada, thanks MrGeeky!
- Cape Breton Screaming Eagles (attendance, retired numbers, club and player records, players and staff) - Thanks MrGeeky!

OHL Updates:
- Guelph Storm (arena, attendance, club and player records, retired numbers, players and staff) - thanks Trajan for helping with player career histories!

WHL Updates:
- Everett Silvertips (club and player records, players and staff)

nxr
Junior League
Favourite Team: Malmö Redhawks

[2018-19] xECK29x Premier Pivot Rosters (v3.15 - 12/28/18)

Post by nxr » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:16 pm

I simmed the Swedish leagues with the new update and ran into a HockeyAllsvenskan/HockeyEttan related crash on 23rd Feb 2026. I believe it's the same issue that was reported a while back in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=117&t=18987
Looks like the schedule for HockeyEtttan is still out of date and that's probably the reason why this happens

xECK29x
Fourth Line

[2018-19] xECK29x Premier Pivot Rosters (v3.15 - 12/28/18)

Post by xECK29x » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:22 pm

nxr wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:16 pm
I simmed the Swedish leagues with the new update and ran into a HockeyAllsvenskan/HockeyEttan related crash on 23rd Feb 2026. I believe it's the same issue that was reported a while back in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=117&t=18987
Looks like the schedule for HockeyEtttan is still out of date and that's probably the reason why this happens
Very likely, I'll take a look and see if I have the updated Ettan schedule, I assume I don't. Easy fix though.

xECK29x
Fourth Line

[2018-19] xECK29x Premier Pivot Rosters (v3.15.1 - 12/29/18)

Post by xECK29x » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:30 pm

Just pushed 3.15.1, it fixes the HockeyEttan schedule so it won't cause issues later in the sim ~2025/2026 also I had to undo all the updates to EBEL, NLA and Slovakian Tipsport/1.Liga due to an import issue, will likely get one more update to fix some remaining issues today as well.

nxr
Junior League
Favourite Team: Malmö Redhawks

Post by nxr » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:44 pm

I was still getting a crash in 2026 on the latest update. So I made the necessary changes in the schedule to fix it and uploaded it here for you to import.

ArZka
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Pelicans, Preds

Post by ArZka » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:27 pm

If you need any help with Finnish Leagues research etc. I'm ready to help you. I have done rosters update (my own use) You doing pretty awesome job. Keep going.

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:07 pm

nxr wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:44 pm
I was still getting a crash in 2026 on the latest update. So I made the necessary changes in the schedule to fix it and uploaded it here for you to import.
Thank you will import in for 3.16!
ArZka wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:27 pm
If you need any help with Finnish Leagues research etc. I'm ready to help you. I have done rosters update (my own use) You doing pretty awesome job. Keep going.
100% please email me xeck29x(at)gmail.com or friend request me on Steam, these are some of the last leagues that need major updates.

Update for everyone: 3.15.1 has been a really disappointing release for me, ppaalloo, MrGeeky, Matee and myself have been really hard at work on this next release. We got a ton of updates done and I am really excited to bring it to you but I do want to spend some more time to make sure it's really well fleshed out.

Example of major things updated for the next release:
- IIHF scores and pools updated
- PZHL human playable and updated
- LNAH human playable and updated
- Massive European financial changes and updates:
-- EBEL, Swiss National League (NLA), Swiss League (NLB), Slovak Tipsport, Slovak 1. LIga, Polish 1. Liga, Czech Tipsport and Change Liga all updated and a ton of logo updates and additions.

salm
Junior League
Favourite Team: Rögle

Post by salm » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:55 pm

Hello,

Great to see someone put his hearth into this game like your doing Topic-Starter and thanks for your updates.

However, I do have some concerns about young players CA and PA, some ratings seems really hmm, strange and i guess in some cases bias. There's various draft rankings out there for 2019, from sportsnet, TSN, ISS, etc etc.
Why not take a look there to make the update more realistic, theres even some ranking for the draft 2020 and even 2021 out there. Because it's very unrealistic seing a guy ranked 157 IRl getting picked at number 6 for example.
Another problem is that several players (mostly USNTDP-players) got their attributes set to around 15-20 in many cases, which would represent a player with 150-170 i CA, but as they correclty are given around 80-100 in CA, their blank skills are around 1-3. It's also quite unrealistic to give a 17 year old prospect around 16-20 in all hidden or even non hidden attributes in my opinion.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2019-nhl-draf ... -rankings/
https://thehockeywriters.com/2019-nhl-d ... -december/
https://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2019/
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/spo ... -december/
https://dobberprospects.com/2019-nhl-dr ... 8-edition/
https://canucksarmy.com/2018/12/31/2019 ... mber-2018/

After the WC-juniors I'll bet there will be even more adjusted draft rankings, as some players really impressed like; Pyotr Kochetkov, Alexander Romanov, Cayden Primeau, Logan Cockerill, Anton Lundell etc etc and some didn't...

Once again, thanks for all your hard work. Don't want to sound like I'm complaining, this is just a tip for a more realistic update.

Peace

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:55 am

@salm you are 100% correct the draft prospects need a re-work. I usually do that around the time the final rankings start to come out. There are some USNTDP and USHL/college prospects in there that definitely need some adjustments, however I would argue we are seeing players taken in the first, and sometimes even the second round more and more regularly that can step right in and play at a high level. But yes the 2019 needs a lot of adjustments and they will be made later in the year. I'm still trying to get a lot of base updates done right now. I am also working on updating all players from the WJC so your notables are on my list as well.

salm
Junior League
Favourite Team: Rögle

Post by salm » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:17 pm

xECK29x wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:55 am
@salm you are 100% correct the draft prospects need a re-work. I usually do that around the time the final rankings start to come out. There are some USNTDP and USHL/college prospects in there that definitely need some adjustments, however I would argue we are seeing players taken in the first, and sometimes even the second round more and more regularly that can step right in and play at a high level. But yes the 2019 needs a lot of adjustments and they will be made later in the year. I'm still trying to get a lot of base updates done right now. I am also working on updating all players from the WJC so your notables are on my list as well.
You're the boss! Can't wait

TBIF
Junior League
Favourite Team: Canucks

Post by TBIF » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:13 pm

Anything I can offer a hand with? Worked through most of the Editor excel sheets so have a decent understanding of what to do,

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:25 am

@TBIF - Definitely, please send me a friend request on Steam or email me xeck29x(at)gmail.com. I could use some assistance with clearing out US and Canadian college clubs of overage players, updating Canadian Junior teams (WHL and OHL) and updating the USHL. There is also a lot of European career histories and club/player records which could use updating as well.

I specifically could use someone who is local/familiar with Norwegian, Danish or German hockey. Those are the only major leagues which are largely untouched.

Thank you to everyone who is/has helped me over the last two weeks, there has been a LOT of updates and 3.16 will be a HUGE release!

xECK29x
Fourth Line

[2018-19] xECK29x Premier Pivot Rosters (v3.16 - 1/16/19)

Post by xECK29x » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:10 pm

v3.16 and Logo Pack v1.10 Released:

General Updates:
- Promoted Kazakhstan to World Championships for WJ20 (will have to be included in WC pool as well, game is strictly based on IIHF score to be added to pool)
- Updated IIHF scores from: IIHF - World Ranking
- Updated IIHF tournament eligibility from: IIHF - Tournaments
- WJC U20 updates:
-- Teams: Slovakia, Kazakhstan, Denmark, Switzerland, Canada, Russia

Database Optimization:
- Removed some of the 2018 forced retirements and moved/removed a bunch of the retired numbers from the extra_config.cfg to the database directly to reduce potential crashes. This file may need further optimization, **if you get a crash at 'Creating Shortlists' let me know**

NHL/AHL Updates:
- Latest notable trades, waiver claims and contract extensions
- HUGE thanks to LegendOFme for helping with adding 2017-18 career histories to NHL/AHL players! These are now complete!
- Colorado Avalanche (attendance, player records, retired numbers, players & staff)
- Colorado Eagles (attendance, player & club records, retired numbers, players & staff)
- Utah Grizzles (player & club records, rivals, players & staff)

Europe-at-large Updates:
- Changed Germany and Finland financial numbers to balance out Europe more realistically - thanks Aalstrom!
- Gave all clubs in EBEL, DEL, Liiga, SHL, Czech Tipsport and Swiss League maximum budgets at start, this is similar to how I have the NHL set. I know it may not be realistic but I believe it will be more fun in the long run if there isn't hard coded parity in the sim. Let desire to spend and financial constraints be limited based on ownership traits, market size and fan support.
- Added European University Hockey League (EUHL)
- Removed Alps Hockey League from human-playability, the league does not seem to function properly, teams automatically drop 90% of the players, have to investigate and re-build. Also I don't think this was very popular with the player-base.

Canadian Updates:
- Finally implemented 2018-19 68 game WHL schedule
- Updated CJHL transfer rules (underage/overage player counts) - thanks MrGeeky!
- Added Ligue Nord-Américaine du Hockey as human-playable again, changed Berlin to St-Jerome and fully updated - thanks Matee!
- Added transactions from QMJHL trade deadline still have to review draft picks - thanks MrGeeky!
- Added player histories to Hamilton Bulldogs, Kingston Frontenacs, Kitchener Rangers + London Knights players - thanks Trajan!

Germany Updates:
- DEL players/staff updated - thanks ppaalloo!

Austrian Updates:
- Re-updated players/staff for EBEL - Thanks ppaalloo!
- Added club history for EBEL clubs - Thanks ESHMfan01!

Czech Updates:
- Updated several club names for all levels and added clubs to Czech Krajské hokejové - thanks Matee!

Finnish Updates:
- Removed Suomi-Sarja from human-playability as a new structure and schedule needs to be created, relegation between Liiga/Mestis/Suomi-Sarja still functions.

Russian Updates:
- Added several future arena moves (Sibir, Avangard, Avtomobilist and Spartak) as well as some other KHL changes - thanks Alessandro!
- Removed Russian National Junior Hockey League from human-playability

Swiss Updates:
- Updated Swiss National League (NLA)/ Swiss League (NLB) players & staff - thanks ppaalloo
- Updated MySports teams
- Renamed Swiss First Division to Swiss 1. Amateur Regio League
- Renamed Swiss Second Division to Swiss 2. Amateur Regio League

Slovenian Updates:
- Updated all Slovenian players/staff in the DB! - thanks Matee!

Slovakian Updates:
- Thank you ppaalloo for all of the following:
- Re-updated players/staff for Tipsport Extraliga and St. Nicolaus League
- Updated club names of several teams
- Updated/retired lots of Slovakian players/staff

Polish Updates:
- Thank you Matee for all of the following:
- Updated Polish club names, added Polska Hokej Liga as human-playable
- Retired a few clubs which are no longer active
- Renamed Polish First League to Polish 1. Liga
- Updated players/staff for PZHL and 1.Liga
- Updated all Polish players/staff in the DB!

Swedish Updates:
- Updated Swedish J20 SuperElit transfer rules removing the foreign player restrictions - thanks Aalstrom!

Kazakhstan Updates:
- Added U18 division and clubs/affiliations

Danish Updates:
- Changed name of Danish First Division to Danish 1. Division
Last edited by xECK29x on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matee
TBL Rosters Researcher
Favourite Team: ottawa

Post by Matee » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:20 pm

Nice!:)

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:25 pm

Pushed a small patch to the Steam version, includes a few fixes (Robin Lehner's contract) and the latest NHL moves.

djskek
Second Line

Post by djskek » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:58 pm

By the way, I have noticed that Relegation (Extraliga) / Playoffs (1.Liga) does not work well in Slovakia.

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:26 am

djskek wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:58 pm
By the way, I have noticed that Relegation (Extraliga) / Playoffs (1.Liga) does not work well in Slovakia.
Will take a look

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:15 pm

djskek wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:58 pm
Just an update here, @Named is going to be helping with rebuilding this league structure.

Return to “Rosters Forum”