Project NHL32 - Seattle Edition (2019-20 Season BETA!)

This is the place to discuss database or roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager (other than the TBL Rosters). Please note that any queries about the TBL Rosters or data editing should be asked in the TBL Rosters Forum and the Data Editing Forum respectively.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
BKarchitect
Second Line

Project NHL32 - Seattle Edition (2018-19 Season)

Post by BKarchitect » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:19 pm

raipeh wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:36 pm
I'm getting random crashes to desktop when a month changes, usually at the start, or during Free Agency, or when a year change happens. I haven't been able to figure out the exact cause though, and it randomly seems to go away if I load up my latest save before the crash and try to continue normally. I'm only a couple of years deep in a save with an NHL team.
What leagues do you have on?

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:26 pm

TBIF wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:17 pm
Couple odd balls:

If I have waivers set on my GM home screen, and click on the header, it crashes the game. Every single time.

I added last place "32" to Seattle under the club section. They don't currently have waiver priority.

L.A. is awful awful.
Hmmm, I added waivers to my home screen and no crash yet although perhaps it only crashes when somebody actually goes on waivers? Not sure what would cause this.

Good call on the last position fill-in, I might go ahead and fill all the NHL clubs in based on current standings for each release.

Yes, LA is awful both in real life and in this DB...they are quite a challenge!

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:28 pm

scafe18 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:30 pm
Hey I am just wondering what leagues I need to select to properly utilize the WHA and the ICC. I have won back to back titles with the Whitetails, signed guys like Tyler Ennis, Michael Dal Colle and Michael Hutchinson, but I have yet to play the ICC..

I was thinking just turn the KHL on, but now I am curious if I need all the European leagues on to get the Champions League going full bore. Confusion!

Thanks for your help!
You basically got it - the ICC is technically a Euro comp like CHL and Continental Cup so to activate it you have to have at least one Euro league selected at start-up. It doesn't even have to be on "enhanced", it can be "view only" if you are trying to minimize sim time burdens and just want to play North American leagues but still have the ICC, CHL, etc. So running KHL as view only is a fine solution that should not increase your game time much.

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:00 am

NHL 32X v3.1 Update

- This is a small update to 3.0 - transactions updated, new signings for 2019 season including prospect signings (to happen on July 1, 2019 in the game) are coded into the config file along with NCAA and U Sport commits.
- Some updates and modifications to NHL depth charts with early results in from trade deadline deals (for example guys like Ryan Donato getting a boost in new situations) and late-season prospect call-ups (for example, an older prospect like Josh Currie actually looking like a useful NHL depth player for the Oilers) - tweaks to ensure relevancy to current happenings.
- Also, current season standings have been input into the database for the NHL for waiver claim order and for expected finish so that as a GM of say a cruddy team like Kings or Wings (who were once good), you are no longer expected by your front office to field a winning team right away. Seattle input as 32nd place of course.
- Finally some graphical updates to of the seven Seattle identities (make sure to grab the 3.1 graphics pack); see below and thanks as always to SparkyChewbarky!

If you are knee-deep in an NHL32X v3.0 game, this update is probably not worth starting over for but it'll keep things fresh if you want to start a new game.

PLAY WITH SEATTLE BUT NO WHA!
- Included in the ZIP file download of the database itself are two new IMPORT files...WHA Deactivate 1 & 2. If you would like to play NHL32X with Seattle but aren't interested in the WHA aspect, simply use the EHM Editor to import each of those files into the database and save.

- The WHA and WHAII will still show up in the league select screen but they will be grey and have exclamation marks next to them. You won't be able to select them now but that's the point - they won't be in the game. You can select other leagues and options as usual.

RECOMMENDED GAME OPTIONS
- I would recommend turning on all the Extra Player Options (Playable Teams, Junior Players, National Teams) - especially if you intend to use the WHA. It will give all the teams a full starting roster and fill some of the lesser national teams represented by the WHA and WHAII clubs with a pool of players. I also recommend turning on Retain All Teams and Add Key Staff.

KNOW BUGS
- The English second tier (National Ice Hockey League) can cause the game to crash. I believe all other leagues function fine without game-ending errors or bugs. Have simmed through 2060 in testing. Do not select the NIHL for now.

DOWNLOAD NHL32X 3.1:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwdatwqgnnc4z ... 1.zip?dl=0

DOWNLOAD NHL32X 3.1 Graphics Pack:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3d6lshza5ivqg ... k.zip?dl=0

Revised Seattle Steelheads graphics:

Revised Seattle Kraken graphics:

raipeh
Junior League
Favourite Team: FIN

Post by raipeh » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:13 pm

BKarchitect wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:19 pm
raipeh wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:36 pm
I'm getting random crashes to desktop when a month changes, usually at the start, or during Free Agency, or when a year change happens. I haven't been able to figure out the exact cause though, and it randomly seems to go away if I load up my latest save before the crash and try to continue normally. I'm only a couple of years deep in a save with an NHL team.
What leagues do you have on?
Every league from every country except the British ones. NHL on detailed and everything else on view only.

Trieu
Junior League
Favourite Team: Oilers

Post by Trieu » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:27 pm

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before how some players have over inflated contracts but the players that are affected as far as I know seem to be the franchise level players (CA: 180+) that are on their ELC. So this includes Marner, Rantanen, Aho, and Point in this scenario. Hopefully this helps in the future!

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:12 am

Trieu wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:27 pm
I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before how some players have over inflated contracts but the players that are affected as far as I know seem to be the franchise level players (CA: 180+) that are on their ELC. So this includes Marner, Rantanen, Aho, and Point in this scenario. Hopefully this helps in the future!
Thanks for the heads up - I thought it was fixed but perhaps during more ratings adjustments it got out of whack again. They key to fixing it is not give them a standard $950,000 ELC but just bump it a tad to like $1,200,000 or something...sure it's a tiny bit more than a real ELC but it prevents their contracts from going crazy. I already did this with Matthews. I'll try to weed out the rest before the next update.

Looks like besides those 4, Brandon Carlo still had an inflated salary so I've fixed all of them. Those are the ones I see at the moment.

Trieu
Junior League
Favourite Team: Oilers

Post by Trieu » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:01 am

Oh yeah I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed but something I noticed after simming a year as Seattle is that even when you're way below the cap the max you can offer a key free agent (Karlsson/Panarin/Bobrovsky) is only like 9.5 mill? Definitely not enough when they want 10-11 mill. Even though you can work around it it still kind of sucks that you can't maximize your cap space. I'm still enjoying this database a lot though!

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:08 pm

NHL32X v3.2 Update

This is another small update to v3.0 - here's some of the changes:

- Latest transfers, extensions and 2019 contracts including a host of high-profile NCAA signings which will occur in the game in the summer of 2019. I am NOT including end-of-season ATO contracts of NCAA players to the AHL/ECHL. Only future full-time contracts for the 19 season and beyond.
- Fixed some errors/bugs from v3.1 (Grundstrom to LA, fixed salary bug on high-profile RFA's like Rantanen, Marner, Point, Aho and Carlo).
- Big cleanup of old, retired UFA players...still not quite done but trying to be accurate here. This will definitely give you even LESS choice of free agents for starting as Seattle GM or a WHA GM but hey, it's realistic. See screenshot below for the top names left in UFA pool...it's pretty sad. It will be a BIG challenge.
- Tweaked NHL Contract limit back to 50 and cap pushed to $90 million to reduce CPU poor judgement. Cap floor lowered to $40 million to help with Seattle team building.
- WHA cap lowered to $40 million to encourage more trading...the CPU was generally not going over $40 million anyways in long-term sims.
- AHL and WHAII max players in squad raised to 32.
- Added some financial info and detail into the WHAII to help create a more realistic GM experience.
- Entire 2003-born USNTDP invite list is in the game and the top 23 rated 2003 born Americans are on the USNT juniors squad..thought they start on loan to their current squads and will only join the USNT for the 2019-20 season. There are also quite a few 2004-born top Americans who will join the USNTDP in the game.
- Continued tweaking and updating of 2019, 2020 and 2021 drafts based on current thinking...plus updates for top 2019 OHL & QMJHL midget draftees and WHL bantam draftees (who are also top NHL draft prospects in the 2021/22 drafts). Like always in my NHL series, I encourage high profile prospects to have pretty good ratings and bright futures from the start and ratings are done to encourage realistic NHL draft results down the road (again, based on current scouting services and info gleaned fro HFBoards).
- Graphics...just a few minor logo updates/additions, nothing major.

PLAY WITH SEATTLE BUT WITH NO WHA!
- Included in the ZIP file download of the database itself are two new IMPORT files...WHA Deactivate 1 & 2. If you would like to play NHL32X with Seattle but aren't interested in the WHA aspect, simply use the EHM Editor to import each of those files into the database and save.

- The WHA and WHAII will still show up in the league select screen but they will be grey and have exclamation marks next to them. You won't be able to select them now but that's the point - they won't be in the game. You can select other leagues and options as usual.

RECOMMENDED GAME OPTIONS
- I would recommend turning on all the Extra Player Options (Playable Teams, Junior Players, National Teams) - especially if you intend to use the WHA. It will give all the teams a full starting roster and fill some of the lesser national teams represented by the WHA and WHAII clubs with a pool of players. I also recommend turning on Retain All Teams and Add Key Staff.

KNOW BUGS
- The English second tier (National Ice Hockey League) can cause the game to crash. I believe all other leagues function fine without game-ending errors or bugs. Have simmed through 2060 in testing. Do not select the NIHL for now.

DOWNLOAD NHL32X 3.2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfvqmv2mrwuig ... 2.zip?dl=0

DOWNLOAD NHL32X 3.2 Graphics Pack:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gl2gnkfy17myk ... k.zip?dl=0

The sad state of a current UFA list you have to start from as Seattle...and some of these guys are only here because they aren't yet "officially" retired. And you can't even sign a bunch of the top college UFA's now either because many have contracts for 2019 with NHL clubs already...nobody said franchise building would be easy!
Last edited by BKarchitect on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:10 pm

Trieu wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:01 am
Oh yeah I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed but something I noticed after simming a year as Seattle is that even when you're way below the cap the max you can offer a key free agent (Karlsson/Panarin/Bobrovsky) is only like 9.5 mill? Definitely not enough when they want 10-11 mill. Even though you can work around it it still kind of sucks that you can't maximize your cap space. I'm still enjoying this database a lot though!
I think I just offered Panarin like $10.5 million is Seattle after the 2018-19 season...but I'll double check. Could have sworn I had to go high to outbid everybody. You are definitely giving them offers as indispensable players?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:10 pm

Would you like me to create some NIHL .ehm files with the fixed structure?

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:37 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:10 pm
Would you like me to create some NIHL .ehm files with the fixed structure?
Thanks archi - but I've kind of created my own single-conference NIHL with promotion/relegation to and from the EHL so I tihnk I'll just try to get it to work. Like a lot of things in my database, it's intended to feel real but with a bit of a twist. I've really paired down the British line-up as well to a level similar to other hockey playing nations of it's caliber. It's probably not the DB to use for people who want the most true-to-life British leagues experience possible. :**

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:08 pm

Got it. :thup: I assumed the NIHL issue was because of out of date structures but I understand now.

Incidentally, it seems the UK leagues will be restructured next season. Effectively the English Premier League will likely come back with some form of relegation/promotion between the NIHL North 1 and South 1. At least that's what I'm reading between the lines of the recent EIHA announcement.

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:14 pm

Speaking of NIHL North & South and a new EPL top tier - I've never been able to get promotion/relegation to work when one or both of the competitions has a split conference/division setup. I can code everything to work properly but the game is unable to understand where to place the teams for the new season in the conference/division structure. This is what stopped my idea for an NHL with promotion/relegation. It's also why in my fantasy NIHL there is just one big conference. Have you ever seen this successfully implemented?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:39 am

I'm doing this from my phone/memory but trying checking out either the TBL Rosters or default rosters from 2015 or possibly 2014. If you look at the NIHL South 2, the league was split into East and West divisions. I think it then had relegation/promotion with South 1.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:40 pm

Heh, as if by magic the new structure has just been announced: https://eiha.co.uk/nihl-new-structure-f ... 20-season/

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:17 am

Quick little NHL32X update...same link as in the last update, still just called v3.2 (no big changes and didnt want to have archi crowd the front page of TBL with a minor update) but added last few days of transactions (a few college signings, future commits), some updated NHL depth charts based on late season performances and some massaging of the top KHL players of this season (which will potentially benefit those playing as Seattle looking to bring a few different names over from Russia).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfvqmv2mrwuig ... 2.zip?dl=0

salm
Junior League
Favourite Team: Rögle

Post by salm » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:28 am

Really nice project, great job man!

But is there a way to play this update with your own db/tbl update? Kakko currently at 150 CA, DeAngelo looks like the best d-man in NHL etc. etc. Can't play with that :)

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:14 am

salm wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:28 am
But is there a way to play this update with your own db/tbl update? Kakko currently at 150 CA, DeAngelo looks like the best d-man in NHL etc. etc. Can't play with that
First thanks for the compliment! :notworthy:

As for Tony DeAngelo, well he is at something like 145 CA and that’s arguably underrating him based on current performance - he’s been by far the Rangers best defenseman the bulk of this year and has been especially awesome since January, one of the top puck moving young defenders in the league. I also make no bones that I supercharge top prospects like Kakko, Hughes, Lafreniere, etc so they make an immediate impact post-draft. For me ratings aren’t about what you did last year (or even earlier this year - that’s the fundamental difference between a ‘now’ db like this and clean, start of season db like TBL) but what you are projected to do from now and into the future.

If you do have a difference in opinion on how ratings should be dealt with that’s totally understandable / I’m not going to change the way I approach them but you can use archi’s Editor to export ratings from say the TBL set and then import them into this db. Not going to say it’s the easiest process in the world but definitely doable and you can save the import file to use over and over if you want to play with this setup but the TBL ratings. If you need more help with this let me know.

bashbros30
Junior League
Favourite Team: Ottawa Senators

Post by bashbros30 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:03 am

BK!

Great job as always with these databases.

Just wanted to point out an issue with 3.2. At least that I've found in the 2 games I've played through it so far (first to 2030 and 2nd starting 2021 season).

Jack Hughes doesn't sign with the team that drafts him. In both games his rights go unchecked and he goes to ufa in 2021.

In the second game I tried to sign him to my team and then give him to the team that drafted him for practically nothing. They didn't want him because he had only recently signed a contract.

Is this something you could maybe look into? Just seems unlikely that a 1st overall pick would stay on the usndt until he is 20... or who knows.. Maybe it's just 2 coincidences.

raipeh
Junior League
Favourite Team: FIN

Post by raipeh » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:48 pm

bashbros30 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:03 am

Jack Hughes doesn't sign with the team that drafts him. In both games his rights go unchecked and he goes to ufa in 2021.
Had this happen to me as well in my current and only save, so probably there's something going on!

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:02 pm

Weird I’ll look into it. Do you notice other top prospects not signing or is this case specifically with Hughes?

bashbros30
Junior League
Favourite Team: Ottawa Senators

Post by bashbros30 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:36 am

Did a check on all 31 other teams last night and the only top prospects not to sign with there original team are Jesper Wallstedt (not worried he's my top prospect and he's starting in the KHL) and all the one who aren't good enough to crack NHL line ups yet.

So far in 2022 season start it's just Jack Hughes.

burglebuber
Prospect
Favourite Team: Penguins, Sabres
WHL Team: New Jersey Devils

Post by burglebuber » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:35 pm

How do you install the graphics pack and new updated db

ZaZooM
Prospect
Favourite Team: Lokomotiv Yaroslavl / NY Rangers

Post by ZaZooM » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:29 pm

Why nhl clubs signs just drafted players at the end of the season and loose 1 contract year?

Return to “Rosters Forum”