NASHMC NHL 40

This is the place to discuss database or roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager (other than the TBL Rosters). Please note that any queries about the TBL Rosters or data editing should be asked in the TBL Rosters Forum and the Data Editing Forum respectively.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Project NHL 40

Post by archibalduk » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:53 pm

nashmc wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:54 pm
I’ll post the new version pretty soon, I’m still testing that one. The error comes out in UK League any other league works fine. I’m still working on some minor issues and I’m adding new players and creating some cut-outs for any important players to create a mega facepack downloadable via torrent if Archibalduk agrees on that.
You're welcome to use any medium you wish as far as I'm concerned. Whilst torrents can get a bad rep, they're a legitimate way of sharing (non-pirated) files.

Ebbisen
Junior League

Project NHL 40

Post by Ebbisen » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:49 pm

Just downloaded this database, and love the idea and look of it, but noticed som AHL and ECHL teams are missing some logos. Guess this isnt so high on the to do list. Keep up the good work!

Ebbisen
Junior League

Project NHL 40

Post by Ebbisen » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:23 am

After playing 41 games i noticed that the game probably calculates the overall standings wrong in the NHL.

nashmc
Junior League
Favourite Team: Columbus Blue Jackets

Project NHL 40

Post by nashmc » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:32 am

Thanks Ebbisen, hope you'll enjoy it. I'm stuck on the draft ranking cause I focused on cutting out players faces for the upcoming draft the link to top100 in my save is below. I've also created all the logos needed for every team and will upload it tomorrow.As I will progress deeper this weekend in the game I will check the standings issue.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lw4l56068s7pf ... s.rar?dl=0

nashmc
Junior League

Project NHL 40

Post by nashmc » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:09 pm

Hello there! I went with another shot with the project, unfortunately I hit into the wall. This time I've prepared my database basing on xECK29x-Rosters-v3.18. Everything looks fine, but the game throws an error on select league screen. Is there anybody who could help me? Maybe Archibalduk?
I've only added 8 NHL clubs, advanced one AHL club to NHL, added 6 AHL clubs, advanced 4 clubs from ECHL to AHL, moved 3 ECHL club to hiatus and moved players after making an expansion draft on an excel sheet.
Here is the database:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5q339xm0xz4w ... se.db?dl=0

nashmc
Junior League

Project NHL32 - Seattle Edition (2018-19 Season)

Post by nashmc » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:51 am

Hello BK!
I've reactivated my project NHL40 this time based on Pivot rosters, but I'm facing a problem that I assume you've met in your projects. Although I do everything the same as I did on your rosters I face the problem of inability to draw teams to the NHL. NHL competition, ruling bodies etc look the same as in yours save but with 40 instead of 36 teams and it still throws up pop-up screens and even If I get into the game the NHL is empty. Is there a way to overcome that?

EDIT: I'm so frustrated since I try to make it work since 3 days. Anytime I try to start a game I'm either thrown away to desktop or enter the game with empty NHL... Please, tell me my master what did you do to make it playable? Did you start your roster from scratch? I've followed every step thoroughly and tried after each one starting a new game and each time I fail miserably. Is there some special magic stuff to cheat the engine and place additional team to NHL?

xECK29x
Fourth Line
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

Project NHL32 - Seattle Edition (2018-19 Season)

Post by xECK29x » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:21 am

That is usually due to the teams not being set in the league structure, make sure you have the divisions set and either manually add the clubs or draw from detailed division. Happy to help via Steam or something else with real-time chat.

nashmc
Junior League

Project NHL 40

Post by nashmc » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:29 pm

xECK29x wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:21 am
That is usually due to the teams not being set in the league structure, make sure you have the divisions set and either manually add the clubs or draw from detailed division. Happy to help via Steam or something else with real-time chat.
It would be nice to have an instant connection - my steam login is nashbeat but I'm not sure is it enough because I've never added any friends before.
If it comes to the database, I'm totally desperate now. I've made a quick db with 32nd NHL team added to Central Division (because of 1 team less in the division than any other). I've created the team from scratch, edited as any other NHL team is edited, edited the league info and structure, implemented new schedules both normal and alternate. I've tried to start the game with and without your config files and in both cases the game crashes and throws to the desktop when initializing data. I don't know what am I missing there in the process or is it simply impossible on your databse somehow, although I could do it on tBl and BKarchitect's db's.
Here is the database:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3wjz4w10kwfs ... VYlFa?dl=0

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Project NHL 40

Post by archibalduk » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:48 pm

I don't know if this is the cause of the issue but there is a mismatch between the end date in the Schedule Dates for the first stage (Eastern Conference regular season) and the end date in your schedule template. Your Schedule Date runs until 5 April but your template runs until 6 April. Trying changing your Schedule Date to 6 April.

I think there is something up with your schedule template too. You have 1,476 games scheduled in your template. I'm assuming you are looking for an 82 game season as you have set this figure in your Max League Games setting on the Comp Rules tab. If you divide the total number of games schedule by the number of teams in your league, this will give you the total number of home games each team will play. E.g. the real life NHL season has 1,271 games scheduled. If you divide this by 31 teams, you get 41 (i.e. each team plays 41 games at home). In the case of your schedule template, you have 1,476 games / 32 teams = 46.125 games. So something appears to have gone wrong there. You should have a total of 1,312 games with a 32 team NHL.

nashmc
Junior League

Project NHL 40

Post by nashmc » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:29 pm

Archibalduk you were right! Indeed it was schedule problems, moreover it is impossible to run the game without ticking retain all teams, don't sure why but finally I can move forward!
In few days I will post the new version of NHL 40 and NHL 36 the project which was discontinued by BkArchitect.

BKarchitect
Second Line

Project NHL 40

Post by BKarchitect » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Go right ahead with your 40 team project, I’m looking forward to it but I’d appreciate it if you don’t redistribute NHL36 at all, even if you are thinking about updating it. I’m not canceling it or giving up on it just taking a break and because of the amount of effort and time I put into it including all the graphics I’m not keen on another user distributing a database called NHL36.

Now if you’ve changed a bunch of teams and divisions and logos and it really is your own database at this point that’s fine but please don’t call it “NHL36”.

Hope you understand.

nashmc
Junior League

Project NHL 40

Post by nashmc » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:28 pm

No problem BK my main idea is to prepare NHL40. Thought It would be nice If I give people option for 36 teams after your discontinuation. Mainly the 36 teams will be the same as my NHL40 but without 4 teams in NHL and in AHL. And of course The database is based on Pivot Rosters

BKarchitect
Second Line

Project NHL 40

Post by BKarchitect » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:00 pm

That’s fine just call it something else though, otherwise it’s confusing. Maybe even drop the NHL prefix and use something else that will identify all your roster sets as being of the same family? Like xECK has his Pivot roster and that’s what people know at is. Just brand it something distinct maybe - it’ll avoid confusion and let people know what your rosters are. It’ll be weird if your 40 team project is known as NHL 40 but as I’m asking you to call your 36 team variant something else more distinctive than the original NHL36 I’ve produced, you’d still want them to be similar...something like NASHMC 40 and NASHMC 36? Whatever you want but just something distinct. :nod:

cleowin
Junior League

Project NHL 40

Post by cleowin » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:15 pm

I tried loading your latest db but it shows “select_league.cpp 114” error when starting new game. I was wondering if you managed to fix it?

Return to “Rosters Forum”