Assistant and Veteran Status

Discuss specific areas of EHM knowledge; such as players, trading, drafting, tactics, training, practice etc. Teach us what you've discovered or ask others for their thoughts.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
Kersus
Junior League
Favourite Team: Montreal Canadiens

Post by Kersus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:07 pm

I tend to have trouble figuring out who is and will become Veterans for AHL (and sometimes ECHL). Yes, I can look at the league info and the rules and sit and figure them out but it often still mystifies me.

Is there a way in EHM Assistant to turn Veteran status off and on?

Why would a 22 year old with 74 games under his belt at the AHL level be considered a Veteran?

I keep trading Veterans away for what I think will not be a Veteran, and poof, they're veterans when I receive them.

Is there an easy way to determine when trading at the NHL level which players will be considered Veterans from the AHL/ECHL level?

Kersus
Junior League

Re: Assistant and Veteran Status

Post by Kersus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:16 pm

I know I can search as an ECHL coach and it shows me in the player's info if they're considered veteran, but I don't see the same for AHL. As well it may be adding Russian minor hockey as pro games.

Kersus
Junior League

Post by Kersus » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:19 pm

Not many answers yet.... So where I run into trouble is with these unexpected players who are Veterans like 20 year old Logan Brown.

I picked him up to play in the ECHL but have had to loan him out because this player who's just come out of the OHL, is on his first entry-level contract, is somehow in the info (only after I traded for him) as having 5 seasons accrued.

Now, unless I'm missing something (which I may be) it could just be a glitch. If so, being able to edit the Veteran status would resolve that.

I have to trade or drop him because the only way to develop him is through loan - currently loaning him to the SPHL.

This is not the only player. This keeps happening to me after trades and such.

philou21
The Great One
Custom Rank: 24 cups!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by philou21 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:29 pm

I don't know much about the vet rules either in the AHL. I thought a player becomes a vet after 150 or 200 games played in the AHL. :dunno: Maybe the age as something to do with it too.

Jykke
Junior League

Post by Jykke » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:07 pm

Pretty sure its determined on professional games played, AHL and other pro leagues combined. For example if you have an second year European AHL player with European pro games under his belt he will turn into Veteran player sooner than some scrub you have acquired from college/junior league.

Not 100% sure about this, but its how I have imagined this.

Return to “Game Knowledge Discussion”