Board won't allow player's contract demands

Discuss specific areas of EHM knowledge; such as players, trading, drafting, tactics, training, practice etc. Teach us what you've discovered or ask others for their thoughts.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
EK65cz
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Ottawa Senators

Board won't allow player's contract demands

Post by EK65cz » Thu May 10, 2018 11:11 am

Playing as GM of St. Louis Blues, right now at FA market before 2022/23 season. I trade for rights for Shane Bowers three seasons ago. Now 23 yo player (Calder Trophy winner, one full season in AHL and two full in NHL - 44 goals, 112 points, 70 +/- in 161 NHL games). Now he is without contract and demanding 2.5M per year (three years contract). Which I would give him, but board will accept only 2.1M per year (even I am at 59M av. club salary). My question is, any way to sign him by his demanding numbers?

Also, I am kinda struggling with first line centers, no matter what, all my centers prospects (NHLers too, traded for lot of centers because of this) are struggling with avarage 6.00-7.00 rating and almost every second match they have 5.0 rating. No matter which one i put there. Wingers in first line are doing great, Tarasenko with 3rd Maurice Richard Trophy in 3 last seasons and Serron Noel (21 yo prospect - also Calder Trophy winner) with 7.80 rating in his first year. Don't know what I need to do there.

Asbeen
Drafted

Re: Board won't allow player's contract demands

Post by Asbeen » Thu May 10, 2018 12:22 pm

What is his status on the team? If he's a core player, make him key then offer anpther contract, the board will permit a higher contract.

EK65cz
Learning to skate

Post by EK65cz » Thu May 10, 2018 1:41 pm

He is still on 'hot prospect' status, but changing it on regular, core or key doesn't change anything, still caped at 2.1m. I can put contract worth 12m on Seguin's table, but can't give my player 2.5m ](*,)

stone169
Checking Line

Post by stone169 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:59 am

Did you check your team finances? The organization might just not have the money to pay.

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Fri May 11, 2018 8:29 am

Have you asked your board for more money?

EK65cz
Learning to skate

Post by EK65cz » Tue May 15, 2018 11:46 am

Team finances were just fine to sign him and more superb. players on FA market. Yes, I also asked for mroe money, but like few months before FA started.

EDIT: I did not had patient to carry his rights and don't sign him. So i traded his rights to Vegas for couple of first rounders. Also, after month into new season. Vegas did not sign him too, don't know, maybe it is just player issue, who know.

Saytham1980
Prospect
Favourite Team: Detroit Red Wings

Post by Saytham1980 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:14 pm

I had this kind of issue, too. When exactly did you offer the contract?

Because I had the issue, that I offered the contract first somewhere between February and April. Later in mid June, once the season was over... and in June my board was totally ok with the money the player wanted in his new contract. You know, maybe team accounting just needed some more time to go through all the numbers and stuff. ;) :D

Return to “Game Knowledge Discussion”