Playing as GM only

Discuss specific areas of EHM knowledge; such as players, trading, drafting, tactics, training, practice etc. Teach us what you've discovered or ask others for their thoughts.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
Chopps4312
Junior League

Playing as GM only

Post by Chopps4312 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:56 am

I'm trying to play only as a GM and leave the coaching, practices, lineups, and tactics to the computer(coach). No matte what team I take, they seem to tank rather quickly however when I play as a different team they succeed. Does anyone play without messing around with tactics and strictly let the computer handle it? Any hints or guides on how to help out with this?

marksbros6
TBL Rosters Researcher

Re: Playing as GM only

Post by marksbros6 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Maybe pore over the match reports/tactics for games and see where things are going wrong?

Sack the coach?

Trade away certain players and thus ‘dictate’ to the coach who gets to play? (If he’s got a ‘favourite’ who’s not performing then get rid of the player?)

Chopps4312
Junior League

Re: Playing as GM only

Post by Chopps4312 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:14 am

I don't see a way to look at the tactics used for a game. Also when I go into tactics it's all default down the middle. It doesn't show what the coach has set up. Am I missing something there? Does it only work with me setting up tactics?

Return to “Game Knowledge Discussion”