The Blue Line

The Official TBL Practice Thread

Discuss specific areas of EHM knowledge; such as players, trading, drafting, tactics, training, practice etc. Teach us what you've discovered or ask others for their thoughts.

Re: The Official TBL Practice Thread

Postby Shindigs » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:13 pm

No need to change what schedules you use in the off-season compared to in the season. There really isn't a difference for most players. If a player needs II Nor during the season, he needs it during the off-season too. I've had two players who needed different schedules in the off-season than in the normal season in my entire time playing EHM, and both of them had very low professionalism. Barring those extreme cases there is no need to make any changes for the off-season as far as training is concerned.
Shindigs
Gone scouting
Fringe Player

Postby jean14 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:21 am

hey guys pls help, I set all training areas as intense, however players skills doesn't increase and condition levels are always 100% ](*,) what's the problem?
jean14
Learning to skate

Postby philou21 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:50 am

Do you set the players with the training though? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but sometimes we can forget some steps. :D
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One

Postby jean14 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:05 am

philou21 wrote:Do you set the players with the training though? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but sometimes we can forget some steps. :D

yes, i had doubts to do training by myself, finally i set "Head coach takes control of practice - No" in GM Options, is it correct?

also, how long should i wait to see players improvements and conditions decreasing? I started to set practises only in the middle of season....
jean14
Learning to skate

Postby philou21 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:27 pm

Condition shouldn't decrease in the season. If it does, your team performances will start to decline. They're pro athletes, they're supposed to be top shape.

As for improvements, it happens in a spam of4-5 months but it's happening more during the off season. Not during it.
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One

Postby jean14 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:08 pm

philou21 wrote:Condition shouldn't decrease in the season. If it does, your team performances will start to decline. They're pro athletes, they're supposed to be top shape.

As for improvements, it happens in a spam of4-5 months but it's happening more during the off season. Not during it.

understood, thank you very much!
jean14
Learning to skate

Postby philou21 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:29 pm

jean14 wrote:
philou21 wrote:Condition shouldn't decrease in the season. If it does, your team performances will start to decline. They're pro athletes, they're supposed to be top shape.

understood, thank you very much!

If I can add more details, I noticed that during the season it's mostly 4-5 months but during the summer, they just do training without playing games, so that's probably why attributes go up faster. Most of the time I notice an improvement towards june-july and the other one before the start of the season or the training camp.
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One

Postby DrEvil » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:11 am

I am training most of my prospects on II Nor and not one of them is significantly improving from October to March. Most improvements happen from March to September, especially during offseason. Not quite sure why this is, but I stopped panicking when no one has improved early in the year.

Another thing I have noticed: I play my AHL team with a second account to improve training conditions there, hire better coaches, etc. About my ECHL team, I read it's mostly for the low-rated players, like fifth-round draft picks, so I sent all those players there who didn't make the roster for my AHL team, but are too old for major juniors. Surprising for me, they are developing quite fast there, two of them might even get a new chance on the AHL team next season. Most of them develop better than my AHL prospects with II Nor or MM Nor. I don't know if this is because they get so much playing time in the ECHL (the roster there is very small) or because they have a certain talent (three stars, good key attributes, well-picked in the drafts), but low current abilities and bad players are able to improve faster than players which have already hit the abililty cap for their age group. Many high rated players I drafted have not significantly improved during their first years in the AHL, despite of playing a lot (and yes, I let them play juniors until they were overaged). I think this might be because they are already too strong? Still don't fully get it.
DrEvil
Junior League

Postby deknegt » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:54 pm

If player are 'too good' for the league they're in, they will indeed improve less in their time there unless they're super professional workhorses who give a 110% whether they'd be on a frosted over pond in northern canada or in the NHL.

It makes sense, the competition isn't there for them so they don't have to go as hard in practice and during games to perform well, so they're not pushed to self-improve because they're already the best. It could also be they've just capped out, a lot of young players can cap out really early because their CA was close to their PA when you drafted them, and they just hit their peak early and their peak is AHL level.

Also it can be that the final bit of improvement just takes longer, you see this in defenders and goalies a lot, where they hit a low-NHL level early but then kinda stagnate despite getting NHL time. And then slowly improve their game year-by-year until they finally hit their peak somewhere in the mid-late 20s.

tl;dr - Yeah, players can stagnate because they're not challenged enough. You can always let their ELC run out after giving them a qualifying offer, and hope they sign at a European (non-KHL) team instead. Or you can always trade them if they're taking too long and there are teams that do want to play them.
deknegt
Drafted

Previous

Return to Game Knowledge Discussion