Challenge #27 - Toronto Maple Leafs - Discussion Topic

Think you're a good EHM GM? Our GM Challenges dare you to take over a team and make it a winner. The Challenge Forum and Centre are the hubs of our Challenges.

Moderator: Challenge Moderators

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Challenge #27 - Toronto Maple Leafs - Discussion Topic

Post by bruins72 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:54 pm

All Challenge #27 talk goes here!

Hiitsdj
Junior League
Custom Rank: Banned - Threat to hack

Re: Challenge #27 - Toronto Maple Leafs - Discussion Topic

Post by Hiitsdj » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:31 pm

A leaf challenge? I'm in this time!

joehelmer
TBL Mod Team
Favourite Team: Djurgården (SHL)

Post by joehelmer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:37 pm

This should be interesting, especially with the horrible goalkeeping quality.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:47 pm

I'm still doing training camp and have yet to play even a preseason game but I can already tell... this team is terrible!

outdooral
Minor League

Post by outdooral » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:03 pm

Wow I just took a look at this team.....terrible doesnt begin to descibe it.Glad we have the new rules so we can make some bigger changes.

francis246
Prospect
Favourite Team: Toronto Maple Leafs
WHL Team: New York Islanders

Post by francis246 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:54 pm

can someone please outline the new rules, because it's still pretty unclear.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:57 pm

Do you have any specific questions about the rules? They've already been outlined in the challenge rules threads. If you're not clear about any particular part of them, we can try to help you.

Beukeboom
Minor League
Favourite Team: New York Rangers

Post by Beukeboom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:23 am

joehelmer wrote:This should be interesting, especially with the horrible goalkeeping quality.
Yeah i had a great start but those goalies just ruined everythign down the road when JvR lost his streak and i couldnt outscore the opponents anymore. And with Phaneuf out 4 months other teams now dominate me at will. Also at a point i want to refuse PPs because i ge tso many shorties--- *sigh*

So..1st season played hot start horrible end, but looks my guys improved rather good and Rynnas was rookie goalie of the year haha, mus thave been a bad year :-D

Beukeboom
Minor League

Post by Beukeboom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:01 am

I have a specific question to the new rules, so if i finished first season i can make one of my 2 trades before the deadline kicks in in mid july or does that still count as season 1 and i cna do my first trade on October 16th?

joehelmer
TBL Mod Team
Favourite Team: Djurgården (SHL)

Post by joehelmer » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:31 am

Beukeboom wrote:I have a specific question to the new rules, so if i finished first season i can make one of my 2 trades before the deadline kicks in in mid july or does that still count as season 1 and i cna do my first trade on October 16th?
As the second season starts on July 1st you are allowed to make a trade, or both, between July 1st and July 15th. If you don't make a trade before July 15 you have to wait until October 16th.

umwoz
Minor League

Post by umwoz » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:57 pm

Can anyone re-up the cheatsheet? I get a 404 error.

Beukeboom
Minor League

Post by Beukeboom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:31 pm

joehelmer wrote:
Beukeboom wrote:I have a specific question to the new rules, so if i finished first season i can make one of my 2 trades before the deadline kicks in in mid july or does that still count as season 1 and i cna do my first trade on October 16th?
As the second season starts on July 1st you are allowed to make a trade, or both, between July 1st and July 15th. If you don't make a trade before July 15 you have to wait until October 16th.
Thanks

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:39 pm

umwoz wrote:Can anyone re-up the cheatsheet? I get a 404 error.

The cheat sheet needs a lot of re-working because the rules have changed quite a bit since then.

smokey
Minor League
Favourite Team: HIFK, Charlestown Chiefs, Flyers

Post by smokey » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:02 pm

It seems like the Leafs mediocrity goes even further than a couple of fumbling crease fillers or a team full of players who rank somewhere between Olli Jokinen (NY Rangers) and Olli Jokinen (Calgary Flames). I was just going to invite some of the unsigned prospects to camp, when I noticed the overall standard of said "prospects". This untalent-pool is a joke and means that GM's have to wait at least three years before getting any help from youth prospects. Not that the signed prospects are any better. Nazem Kadri is like Gomez without the goal scoring ability and Morgan Rielly has a skill-set comparable with that of Bourque. Rene Bourque. On a bad day.

First I thought about giving this a go, with the new rosters and all. However, I think I'll skip this one. It's not for being overly challenging, challenging challenges are good. But seeing how the Leafs have never been among my favorite teams and how ridiculously one of the richest teams in the sport have been managed in the past decades means grinding through at least two seasons with a poor team with very limited youth talent. I just can't find enough motivation for this. P.S. Is Tim Connolly the best puck handler on the Toronto team in real life or are his stats in TBL 5.1 just an ironic mistake reminding of his days playing in Buffalo?

umwoz
Minor League

Post by umwoz » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:32 pm

Wow, Reilly is actually kinda bad in these rosters. A little discouraging.

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:31 pm

What's Reilly PA? What is his CA? He probably has not had any attributes or very few set in the db. So would be random based on CA/Pa. That being said he is an 18 year old. A kid. Who is hardly lighting up the WHL on the last placed team in the East Conference. He did not make the NHL as an 18 year old in real life either ...

If his PA is high that is a good thing and accurate. He will be a top 2-3 and perhaps #1 dman in the league. But not yet. He needs to develop. He would be a top 3/4 guy around 22-23 and a #1 at 25 or 26. Alex Edler type curve. He should not be NhL level at age 18. Because he is not in real life.

So if PA is low than it needs to be edited in a future release. If a top level Pa where he can maybe be a #1 guy is achievable thank that is on the GM coach in EhM to develop him. That's the user job.

Reilly is not a generational talent. He is not Orr Coffey Lidstrom or even Chara. He will be a good pp guy. And maybe if has players around him will be a point per game guy at age 26-28 or so. But in all likelihood he is just goin to be a 55-65 point guy at his peak who is iffy defensively because takes a lot of risks offensively. Very good player with a very good upside but not the next coming.

CeeBee
All-Star

Post by CeeBee » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:16 pm

I'm playing 5.0 and 4 years into the game Morgan Rielly has a CA of 115 and a PA of 148. He's still in the AHL which is not unusual for a dman though he is really lighting it up.... led the AHL in scoring for dmen so I really don't know why the Leafs didn't call him up. Don't have the game loaded at the moment so I'm not sure of their roster/makeup. Anyway looks like he will be a pretty good offensive defenseman soon.

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:21 pm

That looks about right to me. 22 and scoring in AHL. Pretty darn good. Too bad the Leafs are not mismanaging him and rushing him. :-D

umwoz
Minor League

Post by umwoz » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:13 pm

Just finished camp in my challenge. Season Preview of course ranks us 30th in the league, although I feel like Kessel can get up there in points along with JVR.

Goaltending is absolutely brutal on this team.

Beukeboom
Minor League

Post by Beukeboom » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:59 pm

Really having issues with crashes and savegames atm...mostly my PC is to blame i guess...so i will have to skip 2013/14 season a bit , with no being able to rescue enough screenies and data...still hope you can keep me with you somehow in the challenge.

I also have issues with the uploader now i had uploaded my correct 2013/14 correct stats but it kept asking em for them so i now entered the ones i tried to get from the savgaem enxt season and schreenies..had them all ...but now it doesnt want to take them and most strangely it says it cant because it still takes the number si submitted before in PP and PK with aminus in front always ..very strange... so i think thats a sign i have to give up alle against me..just when i had hope thsi would be the first season i wouldnt be dead last..i coudl upgrade Reimer to Bernier via Karrlson by straight trades at least. :joy: ](*,) :cry:

francis246
Prospect
Favourite Team: Toronto Maple Leafs
WHL Team: New York Islanders

Post by francis246 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:01 pm

I almost made the playoffs with this team. Tied for 8th, but ended up 9th due to the devils having more wins. Found some chemistry between my lines. Had I not gone on a 6 game loosing streak mid match, I would have finished 7th.

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner
Custom Rank: TIMMAH TEEEEE!!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by timmy_t » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:34 am

I have everything installed and working on my new computer... I'm ready to play a few seasons!

Beukeboom
Minor League

Post by Beukeboom » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:59 am

Anyone else problems with the upload tool?

jesterx7769
Fourth Line

Post by jesterx7769 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:51 am

Where are the rules posted? the only rule threads I find are from 2010?

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:46 am

jesterx7769 wrote:Where are the rules posted? the only rule threads I find are from 2010?
Those are the rules. We have edited the posts

Return to “Challenge Forum”