Challenge #32 - Belleville Bulls - Discussion Thread

Think you're a good EHM GM? Our GM Challenges dare you to take over a team and make it a winner. The Challenge Forum and Centre are the hubs of our Challenges.

Moderator: Challenge Moderators

totch
Junior League

Re: Challenge #32 - Belleville Bulls - Discussion Thread

Post by totch » Tue May 27, 2014 6:39 am

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS !!!!! :1st:

Malcolm Subban is a beast :notworthy:

sampadz
Junior League

Post by sampadz » Tue May 27, 2014 6:52 am

how did you do that lol ^^

totch
Junior League

Post by totch » Tue May 27, 2014 6:59 am

sampadz wrote:how did you do that lol ^^
I have Malcom "superman" Subban :-D

I will post some screenshots soon ;)

sampadz
Junior League

Post by sampadz » Tue May 27, 2014 7:11 am

goood job dude :P

totch
Junior League

Post by totch » Tue May 27, 2014 9:08 am

Very lucky to have Malcom Subban in my first year, he helped me alot to win de OHL Cup and the Memorial Cup. He's a beast. Now it's time to prepare season two. It's not going to be easy because I lost important players, my "overaged players" (M.Subban , Quine and Worrad). Anyway, I'm happy with my drafted players from the OHL draft and CHL Euro draft

Playoffs http://imageshack.com/a/img838/2711/v20m.png
Trades http://imageshack.com/a/img834/8048/cbam.png
Stats http://imageshack.com/a/img838/4927/cykf.png
Standings http://imageshack.com/a/img835/5201/0y84.png

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Post by bruins72 » Thu May 29, 2014 2:54 pm

So I made it through 2 rounds of the playoffs. Once I hit the 3rd round, I was up against Barrie, who was the top team. They swept me in 4 games.

I have mixed feelings over my draft picks. We'll see how they turn out. For the import draft I took 2 gambles. Both were highly touted players just taken in the NHL draft, Nylander and Karlsson. They're already playing for Swedish teams. My hope is that they get signed by their NHL teams and sent down to us. Fingers crossed!

jesterx7769
Fourth Line

Post by jesterx7769 » Thu May 29, 2014 7:19 pm

That is what I did, I remembered from before basically none of the Import draft guys will sign with you right away not wanting to go to North America which is why I grabbed Treytak in the second round hoping when he gets drafted by NHL they sign him and send him to me. The CHL import draft isn't really dependable.

totch
Junior League

Post by totch » Thu May 29, 2014 11:10 pm

bruins72 wrote:So I made it through 2 rounds of the playoffs. Once I hit the 3rd round, I was up against Barrie, who was the top team. They swept me in 4 games.

I have mixed feelings over my draft picks. We'll see how they turn out. For the import draft I took 2 gambles. Both were highly touted players just taken in the NHL draft, Nylander and Karlsson. They're already playing for Swedish teams. My hope is that they get signed by their NHL teams and sent down to us. Fingers crossed!
But for that I think that you have to sign them first. Or not?

jesterx7769
Fourth Line

Post by jesterx7769 » Thu May 29, 2014 11:58 pm

No, technically they can't have two contracts anyways. If the Bruins sign someone and an OHL team owns the rights the Bruins send them to the OHL team instead of the AHL due to age restrictions (I believe). Many CHL imports will say they will not want to move to North America so you can't sign them.

edit: Looked up the age restriction, you have to be 20 by Dec 31st of that season to be sent to AHL, otherwise the team sends you to your junior team who has your rights. This is why many NHL teams do not sign players for a few years since they will be playing in Junior hockey anyways.

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Fri May 30, 2014 12:10 am

jesterx7769 wrote:No, technically they can't have two contracts anyways. If the Bruins sign someone and an OHL team owns the rights the Bruins send them to the OHL team instead of the AHL due to age restrictions (I believe). Many CHL imports will say they will not want to move to North America so you can't sign them.

edit: Looked up the age restriction, you have to be 20 by Dec 31st of that season to be sent to AHL, otherwise the team sends you to your junior team who has your rights. This is why many NHL teams do not sign players for a few years since they will be playing in Junior hockey anyways.
That rule does not imply for players drafted from Europe. The can be sent to the AHL even if they have CHL-rights
Don't remember how often the game sends those Euros down, as I haven't played the game in a long time. I get upset when I see things that needs to be edited and goes and do that instead of actually playing the game.

jesterx7769
Fourth Line

Post by jesterx7769 » Fri May 30, 2014 5:07 am

My bad I thought it was for everyone since I was thinking of all the CHL guys that have been under contract and playing n CHL in real life.

jesterx7769
Fourth Line

Post by jesterx7769 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:06 am

So my team is doing better through Q2 in Season two (5th place) but my second line Center is just not happening for whatever reason. Here are the guys I have played at second line center and their rating (other line mates on line two are doing fine)

Jonahtan Ang, 19 GP, 5.58 rating
David Tomasek, 9 GP, 6.22 rating
Niki Petti, 7 GP 5.86 rating
Adam laishram, 4 GP, 4.75 rating

Not. Happening.

edit: Well it doesn't matter anyways, first line center just tore his ACL :rant:

kabbott50
Drafted

Post by kabbott50 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:33 pm

I cut my roster down to 17 players in season one, and have been having some better results because the fourth line no longer exists, so the more important (and better players) get most of the playing time!

totch
Junior League

Post by totch » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:15 pm

Do you still play the challenge ?

Leeman14
Top Prospect
Favourite Team: Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Leeman14 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:30 pm

I'm still playing but had a couple of trips out of town over the last few weeks so I'm only into the playoffs of Season 2. I'll catch-up.

totch
Junior League

Post by totch » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:20 pm

Leeman14 wrote:I'm still playing but had a couple of trips out of town over the last few weeks so I'm only into the playoffs of Season 2. I'll catch-up.
;)

And GO NICS GO !!! :joy:

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:46 pm

I'm still playing too. I've just been busy and haven't been able to play as much as I'd like to. I'm in the season 2 playoffs.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:15 pm

So I finally finished my second season the other day. We won the Memorial Cup! We had some trials and tribulations along the way (injuries to some key players, players leaving the team before the Memorial Cup) but we pulled it off. We also had both of our goaltenders go down with injuries during the playoff run and when they weren't injured, they weren't very good. I brought up Connor Hicks from the farm team and he took over the starting role, carrying us all the way to the end.

During that period of time between the end of the playoffs and July 1st, I saw that William Nylander was interested in playing Major Junior hockey! I planned to sign him in July, since I had his rights. Unfortunately during that time he was signed by the Maple Leafs. I ended up dropping his rights because with his skill level I knew he wasn't going to be sent down to us, especially because he's considered a European player even though his place of birth is Canada. I believe they could send him to the AHL even though he is 19. Oh well! I had already dropped the rights to Anton Karlsson because he showed no interest in coming over. I needed the reserve list spots.

I did fairly well in the draft this year, I think. I went with almost all big guys. All but two were 6 feet tall. One of those two was a goaltender and the other was a 5'10" winger in the 11th round. My best move was picking Drake Lafontaine in the 13th round. He was a gamble because despite his skills and excellent potential, his info said that he was interested in playing college hockey and not Major Junior. Well after July 1st, I was signing my draft picks and saw that he was now interested in playing Major Junior! I signed him right up! Scouts project him to be like Backes. He looks like he'll make a very good junior player. He'll be slotted into my 1st line on the right wing but he also plays center (he's actually a natural center). In the import draft I was able to grab a big, strong, and nasty Czech defenseman named Tomas Jindra. He's 6'4" but only 198 lbs, so he's got to add some bulk. He's already got an 18 strength though. He's a skilled defensive defenseman that my scouts compare to a poor man's Tim Gleason but with a bigger frame. He'll fit nicely into my lineup. I drafted a Slovakian goalie in the second round and despite his info saying that he wants to play Major Junior hockey, he doesn't want to leave home. That's a little contradictory. So I won't have him backing up Hicks this year. I had to sign most of my draft picks this season because I really had a lot of hole to fill on my roster. I had 7 players that were overagers and I can only use 3, so 4 of them were sent down to the farm club. That included goalie Guigovaz (who had 37 starts last year), Tyler Hore (a decent defenseman, who was who I used my trade to acquire last year), Harper (a 3rd/4th line winger at best, no big loss), and Aaron Berisha (my top line RW for both seasons). I kept Marchment, Raycroft, and Graham as my overagers on the roster.

I don't know how far I'll get with this third season but I'm going to give it a start.

Return to “Challenge Forum”