Challenge 39 Rebuilding the Bruins - Discussion

Think you're a good EHM GM? Our GM Challenges dare you to take over a team and make it a winner. The Challenge Forum and Centre are the hubs of our Challenges.

Moderator: Challenge Moderators

stone169
Checking Line
Favourite Team: Ottawa Senators

Re: Challenge 39 Rebuilding the Bruins - Discussion

Post by stone169 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:04 pm

Thanks to the Pens losing, the Bruins have clinched a playoff spot for the second consecutive season. This time it only took them 81 games to do it. ;)

titi21
Junior League

Post by titi21 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Hey guys. I started this challenge, already did my trades and the draft, how do i post the sreenshots of that? another question, my roster is bigger than what is allowed, can i put players on the waiver list so that i can send them to Providence after they clear waiver list?

Peter_Doherty
Hall of Fame
Favourite Team: New York Rangers

Post by Peter_Doherty » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:59 pm

Just upload the screenshots somewhere and link them. Yes, you can waive players :) Good luck.

leafsrock67
Junior League
Favourite Team: Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by leafsrock67 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:02 pm

This is an awesome idea! Another cool idea would be to take a team with a lot of young talent (like Edmonton) and Have to trade everyone under 24, only for people over 26 or something like that.

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:33 pm

60 games in. Worst quarter I have had in a LONG time. 8-7-5. 2015-16 Canucks style record. CAnnot win in OT or SO if my life depended on it. Well actually..2-5 in that spot winning once in OT and once in SO.

Goalies are still just okay.
Forwards have all but stopped scoring COMPLETELY.
Defense is defence.

THe last 5 games I have had Irwin, Miller, Ferlin, Cross, Hayes and Rinaldo on Berserk Encouraged because I am ticked off with the slackers on this team.

The slackers....are horrible and well...the 6 guys above? STill WILL NOT FIGHT ANYONE. No fights in 5 games with this set up or the 5 before that with them all on allowed/aggressive save Rinaldo bers/enc

Anyway...not a great quarter not a HORRIBLE one but my worst one in a long time. I almost gave up three goals per game, and I was just barely above 2 goals per game.

Need to get these guys going.

Marchand-Spooner-Connolly
Beleskey-Horvat-Toffolli
Klimchuk-Khoko-Pastrnak
Rinaldo-Kempainnen-Hayes
Randell/Ferlin

Krug-Morrow
Cross-Pokka
Zboril-K Miller
Irwin

Subban
McIntyre

Subban is taking the #1 job.

He has played 27 games now, McIntryre 25 and the guy I sent down (Smith) has played 11.

cecede123
TBL Rosters Researcher
Favourite Team: Montreal Canadiens

Post by cecede123 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:58 pm

So I jumped in this challenge too !
San Jose won the Cup 4-0 vs TBL
Trades :
Krejci Rask Eriksson vs Saaros, Kamenev and Jarnkrok in NAS
Chara vs Culkin + Klimchuk in CGY
Bergy, McQuaid Seidenberg vs Hicketts and Larkin in DET

Draft
15th : Dante Fabbro
30th : Michael McLeod
52th Brandon Saigeon
75th : Esmeli Visuri
Rest : Sebastian Ahola, Tyler Soy, Hayden McCool, David Henley, Vojtech Budik

Saaros just got a 4 month injury in pre-season :rant: Looks like Subban will start in Boston this year lol

Marchand-Larkin-Pastrnak
Kamenev-Jarnkrok-Connolly
Beleskey-Koklachev-Hayes
Rinaldo-Grtiffith-Randell

Krug-Morrow
Irwin-Miller
Zboril-Trotman

Subban-McIntyre

Injured : Spooner(3wk) and Saaros(4months)
As soon as Spooner come back, Rinaldo or Randell will go out of the lineup

axepig
Prospect

Post by axepig » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:41 pm

Just finished my 4th season, Fitzpatrick split games with Makarov and we reached playoff! I was even the 6th best defensive team and 5th best offensive, what a contrast!

I lost the playoffs in round 1 against the Sabres, I lost 3 1 goal games so that kinda stinks. Game 6 was pretty intense it finished 5-4 for the Sabres, I tried everything to get a goal in the 3rd period but Lehner has been very clutch.

I had two prospects join my roster this year, Clayton Keller who leads rookies in points, 65 pts in 77 games and 25 goals. He was my 1st liner and a PPG player for a few months but he got injured and couldn't get back to PPG after that. My other rookie is Fitzpatrick who obviously leads in rookie goalies with 26-15-2 being his record, 2.33 GAA, 0.917 sv%. I think he lowered his sv% in late season because I remember him being at 0.922 for a long time. I think they will be the top 2 candidates for the Calder.

I had actually a game where Karabacek was crazy and scored like 15 goals in 10~ games but I crashed and the last save file was in June... I did almost everything the same way but this time it was Keller who was crazy good and Karabacek was pretty quiet, he ended up with 21g, 25a so he wasn't really bad though.

Pretty darn happy about this season, hopefully we reach the playoff again next year since we lost no roster player and most of the team is between 22 and 25.

Asher413
Challenge Moderator
Favourite Team: Pittsburgh Penguins

Post by Asher413 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:14 am

Half of the first season down. My biggest challenges with hidden attributes are filtering who to scout (so many are 3 stars its hard to do a lot with that), and assigning PK guys. (Which is showing with my terrible PK).

We're in the fight, with some top end stuff going well (Ratenen is 5th in the league in points, Vasilevskiy is doing pretty well considering his defense, and Spooner is already past the scouts projections for points.). Landeskog was out for 9 games, but I do have 4 guys at a point a game or better. Krug is down for most of the year, leaving me with Morrow and... well... um... bodies on the blueline. Skutar (a late 22 year old pick) played well while filling in, so he'll probably get a shot near the end of the year.

Current lines:
Landeskog- Spooner- Rantanen
Marchand Khokhlachev-Randell (3rd in rookie scoring)
Rinaldo-Kemppainen-Connolly
Beleskey-Phillips-Hayes

Morrow- C. Miller
Irwin-K.Miller
Cross-Trotman

Vasilevskiy
Subban

Hopefully we can either stay in this playoff race, or start sucking for Patrick :)

visualdarkness
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by visualdarkness » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:58 am

I am looking forward to get back into the challenge after the next patch, which according to Riz is going to fix the errors.

Or maybe not after checking the Challenge stats. I am in the last two spots in almost every category. Wow I suck at EHM:EA.

m0fownz0r
Checking Line
Favourite Team: Red Wings
SBHL Team: Philadelphia Flyers
WHL Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by m0fownz0r » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:15 am

visualdarkness wrote:I am looking forward to get back into the challenge after the next patch, which according to Riz is going to fix the errors.

Or maybe not after checking the Challenge stats. I am in the last two spots in almost every category. Wow I suck at EHM:EA.
Any idea if it will require to restard the challenge or this fix will work with save games (unlikely)?

m0fownz0r
Checking Line

Post by m0fownz0r » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:15 am

visualdarkness wrote:I am looking forward to get back into the challenge after the next patch, which according to Riz is going to fix the errors.

Any idea if it will require to restard the challenge or this fix will work with save games (unlikely)?

edit: nvm, I went over th SI forums and found my answer:"With the next update, you should be able to continue the earlier save." :notworthy:

Waiting anxiously to rejoin the challenge as well! :joy: =P~

edit.2: wating even more anxiously to get my trade at Minstrel Hockey League approved :roll:

edit.3: After 3 edits in one post, I'm not sure how I ended up double posting!?

visualdarkness
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by visualdarkness » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:31 pm

Apparently we are "rare" m0fownz0r!

Asher413
Challenge Moderator

Post by Asher413 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:51 am

For the SI FOrum: Does anyone happen to have a save around July 5-15 that did not sign Matt Grzelcyk? If so, do you get a wrong rights message? Riz wants a save and I don't have one close.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread ... ts-message

Peter_Doherty
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter_Doherty » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:51 pm

Crazy end to season 3, Bruins went all the way to win the Cup, 4-0 against Sens, 4-2 against Sabres, 4-0 Caps, 4-0 Ducks, insane. Mrazek was great and carried us through the first 2 series, ended up with a SV% of .926, then something happened before the ECF, Max Jones got injured so i needed a top-6 winger, didn't feel comfortable just promoting someone from within the lineup so i went down to Providence to get Clayton Keller who had a great rookie season in AHL with 29+45 in 69 games. In the ECF and SCF he produced 6+10 in 8 games with an 8.63 Av R, that sure is one way to step in to the NHL.

Now that i've won the cup i will change my strategy a bit, will try an all out offence tactic to try and get some players over PPG in the regular season, i will also trade away my veterans to give all my kids the chance in NHL.

Next up is trade season, draft and awards season :)

CJ
TBL Rosters Researcher
Custom Rank: Formerly jhcjobpb
Favourite Team: Florida Panthers

Post by CJ » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:36 pm

Peter_Doherty wrote:Clayton Keller who had a great rookie season in AHL with 29+45 in 69 games. In the ECF and SCF he produced 6+10 in 8 games with an 8.63 Av R, that sure is one way to step in to the NHL.
That's insane! :-D Congrats!

Peter_Doherty
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter_Doherty » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:00 pm

jhcjobpb wrote:
Peter_Doherty wrote:Clayton Keller who had a great rookie season in AHL with 29+45 in 69 games. In the ECF and SCF he produced 6+10 in 8 games with an 8.63 Av R, that sure is one way to step in to the NHL.
That's insane! :-D Congrats!
Yeah, i was not expecting that at all, he wasn't even on the #1 PP unit.

m0fownz0r
Checking Line

Post by m0fownz0r » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:21 pm

any idea how to deal with taht? Did I already lost Subban for nothing?

Peter_Doherty
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter_Doherty » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Made a few trades before the draft, first off i sent Torey Krug, Brad Marchand and Joe Morrow to Sharks for their 1st rounder, Gustaf Franzén and Emanuel Vella, shortly after i get the good news that i won #2 in the draft lottery! :) After that i sent Kevin Hayes, Oscar Lindberg and Tyler Randell to Islanders for 2x 1st rounders (#12 & #17). In the final trade before the draft i sent Brett Connelly and Colin Miller to Oilers for Goalie prospect Illya Samsonov, my goalie depth was terrible.

WOW, Sharks just made a HUGE deal with Coyotes, they sent Logan Couture for Dylan Strome, Jakob Chychrun, 1st 2019 and 1st 2020, crazy deal from Coyotes.

On to the draft :)
#2: Juhamatti Tuokkola RW/C, Checking forward who all my scouts compare to Voracek.
#12: Tomas Blanchard LW, Goal-scoring forward who my scouts say is a more talented Artemi Panarin.
#17: Charles Grant LD, Mobile defenseman, compares to Brady Skjei and Chris Tanev.
#30: Witt Lemay G, Compares to Steve Mason and Matt Murray.

After that i just took who the scouts wanted and got in order; Stefan Santini C, Luke Stevens LW, Jan Eklund C/LW, Tristan Beck RW, Thomas Ford C, Per-Olof Lindström LD, Jordan Lepage RD.
After the draft i immidiately signed Tuokkola, he will get a shot to make the opening lineup.

Then Awards season came, in Bruins news Vitaly Novikov came in 2nd in the voting for Selke Trophy and 3rd for Calder Trophy. In the Lady Byng voting Zachary Senyshyn won and Ryan Spooner came in 3rd! Claude Julien won Jack Adams and Petr Mrazek won Conn Smythe with Max Jones as the runner-up, even after he missed 4 games.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Post by bruins72 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:05 pm

m0fownz0r wrote:any idea how to deal with taht? Did I already lost Subban for nothing?
I have never had that happen to me. I have no idea what to do there. :-?

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Post by bruins72 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:05 pm

Peter_Doherty wrote: WOW, Sharks just made a HUGE deal with Coyotes, they sent Logan Couture for Dylan Strome, Jakob Chychrun, 1st 2019 and 1st 2020, crazy deal from Coyotes.
Coyotes go robbed! :\

m0fownz0r
Checking Line

Post by m0fownz0r » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:10 pm

bruins72 wrote:
m0fownz0r wrote:any idea how to deal with taht? Did I already lost Subban for nothing?
I have never had that happen to me. I have no idea what to do there. :-?
On the bright side, my scouts don't think anything special of him..

Peter_Doherty
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter_Doherty » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:13 pm

bruins72 wrote:
Peter_Doherty wrote: WOW, Sharks just made a HUGE deal with Coyotes, they sent Logan Couture for Dylan Strome, Jakob Chychrun, 1st 2019 and 1st 2020, crazy deal from Coyotes.
Coyotes go robbed! :\
Yeah i know, Chychrun seems to develop nicely aswell, Strome is struggling however, but still, 2x 1st rounders too, crazy...

Asher413
Challenge Moderator

Post by Asher413 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:59 am

I can't recall what version (could have even been 2007), but I have had guys sign contracts from free agency when they hate me. So if you can get him to be an RFA, he might sign. No promises. Are you far enough to use him as your underage trade?

Out of curiousity, what did you do to have that happen?

m0fownz0r
Checking Line

Post by m0fownz0r » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:08 am

Asher413 wrote:
I can't recall what version (could have even been 2007), but I have had guys sign contracts from free agency when they hate me. So if you can get him to be an RFA, he might sign. No promises. Are you far enough to use him as your underage trade?

Out of curiousity, what did you do to have that happen?
Not much, at least I thought so. I sent him down to Providence after 4-5 regular season games, where he performed subpar.
Anyway, Subban is now back, and even finished of the season for me. Some games he performs very well, others not so much, I just can't decide whethter to trade for a goalie or not.

m0fownz0r
Checking Line

Post by m0fownz0r » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:01 pm

Image\

Hey guys, I think I'm going slightly mad here... Take a look at the screenshot above, do these trades appear only for me? I don't think I ever went on vacation, so the AI can sign random people. Also, I can't even open the profile of this player, I guess he retired, yet "I traded* two picks away for him.

Now check this other SS, I can't click on any of the players below Chad Krys1?!?! WHat did I do? Can I continue the challenge, considering I accept the loss of two picks? Should I restart?

Return to “Challenge Forum”