Challenge 41 - Djurgårdens IF - Discussion Thread

Think you're a good EHM GM? Our GM Challenges dare you to take over a team and make it a winner. The Challenge Forum and Centre are the hubs of our Challenges.

Moderator: Challenge Moderators

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Challenge 41 - Djurgårdens IF - Discussion Thread

Post by bruins72 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:18 pm

All Challenge 41 talk here!

Philly48
Junior League

Re: Challenge 41 - Djurgårdens IF - Discussion Thread

Post by Philly48 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:28 pm

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:38 pm

Hmm... I'll upload it elsewhere and edit the announcement post. Sorry about that!

EDIT:

That should be fixed. Just make sure to refresh your browser. :thup:

MWE
Challenge Moderator
Custom Rank: #1 Tom Sestito Fan
Favourite Team: Sheffield Steelers

Post by MWE » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:13 pm

We upload our stats after 13 league games? or every 13 games as there are CHL games as well

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:17 pm

I'm going to say league games. Those are what is counted for league position, right? Those are the ones that will decide who goes to the playoffs, as far as I know.

MWE
Challenge Moderator
Custom Rank: #1 Tom Sestito Fan
Favourite Team: Sheffield Steelers

Post by MWE » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:33 pm

Ok just wanted to clarify

Do we get to sign ufas as well?

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:01 pm

Yeah, whatever the league itself allows you to do is allowed in the challenge. This is an introduction to this league and European leagues in general for many users, so we just want to keep things simple. If the challenge goes over well with people and we decide to do another challenge like this, we can look at possible rules to add in.

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:11 pm

Ah, Djurgårdens IF! The team I've always rooted for and always will.
The Pride of Stockholm!

I remember the spring of 1985. I was eight and me and my dad had been to watch speedway racing. On the way back home we listened to the final game on the car radio. Unfortunately, Djurgården lost to Södertälje but I still remember sitting in the car, drinking the last of our (now not so)hot cocoa.

I remember Djurgården winning the championship three years in a row 1989,90,91. In 1991 they became the first non-Eastern bloc team able to call themselves top in Europe after winning the European Club Championship.

I remember the fall of 1994. The NHL had a lockout so Mats Sundin came back to play for Djurgården. He had only played one season for Djurgården but was a cult star for being the first European-born player getting drafted first overall.
I was in the stands for his first game back, against our hated rival AIK. The crowd chanted his name through most of the game and returned the favour by scoring the game-tying goal(Tied games! remember those?) and then coming back out from the lockerroom after the game to celebrate the fans.

I remember always travelling to Malmö when Djurgården played there in the 90s. It felt like we few Djurgården fans were louder than the big home crowd.

I remember the spring of 1998, being new to the region I now live in and Djurgården playing the local team, Färjestad, in the finals. I had just spent a year in a boarding school, first year away from home. That year I grew a lot as a person but Djurgården lost the decising game in overtime.

I remember 2012, the year Djurgården was demoted to the 2nd league for the first time since 1977(my birthyear)

I remember 2014 when Djurgården was promoted again.

I hope I get to remember winning the championship with them in this save.

braeden
Top Prospect
Favourite Team: Canucks

Post by braeden » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:27 pm

bruins72 wrote:I'm going to say league games. Those are what is counted for league position, right? Those are the ones that will decide who goes to the playoffs, as far as I know.
So, every 13 games we upload our stats? ](*,) I'm confused. you're saying league games yet it's in the rules as after every 13 games.

Euro Cup Champion games count? Or just the SHL league games? Those are the ones that count, not exhibition/ECC games?

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:38 pm

braeden wrote:
bruins72 wrote:I'm going to say league games. Those are what is counted for league position, right? Those are the ones that will decide who goes to the playoffs, as far as I know.
So, every 13 games we upload our stats? ](*,) I'm confused. you're saying league games yet it's in the rules as after every 13 games.

Euro Cup Champion games count? Or just the SHL league games? Those are the ones that count, not exhibition/ECC games?
SHL league games

Peter_Doherty
Hall of Fame
Favourite Team: New York Rangers

Post by Peter_Doherty » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:56 am

This should be fun, lost motivation to play EHM during the last challenge so something new like this (yes i'm Swedish but i don't watch SHL and i don't play EHM in SHL either :P) should be fun.

Kopi
Fourth Line

Post by Kopi » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:58 am

hehe it is tempting for sure but decided doing long time career. But will follow you guys!

Kiekkomestari
Junior League

Post by Kiekkomestari » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:17 pm

Nice! Keep more European challenges coming! ;)

braeden
Top Prospect

Post by braeden » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:03 pm

I'm absolutely dominating the Euro Cup Playoffs...

Can't say so much about the SHL season :-p How's everyone doing so far?

Philly48
Junior League

Post by Philly48 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:42 pm

What exactlly do we screenshot? Only the standings every 13th games?

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:40 am

Sorry I haven't been around to respond since yesterday when I launched the challenge. There's been a nasty bug going around and I've been home in bed.

Screenshots just come at the end of each season. You need to take screenshots of the standings, player stats, and playoffs. There's no trades in this league. I don't know if we really need to bother with screens of our transactions.

Every 13 games you need to make sure you log your stats on the stats upload screen.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:58 pm

Well I'm finally getting some playing in on this challenge. This is definitely different for me. I ended up making a signing due to needing a player for a position. I got Matt Corrente for a RD. I'm in the process of getting a center to help out. I'm looking to buy Jack Connolly from Rogle. He's small but seems to have decent speed and skill compared to many of my players. I tried for a couple other UFAs but didn't have any luck. I think I still could use a RW. My defense doesn't seem that great but goaltending sure is. My forward lines are okay on the first two lines and then there's a dropoff.

All of the different type of games is really taking some getting used to. There's ECC games, exhibition games, and then our SHL games. There's also players leaving for tours and then players visiting the NHL on loan. I also lost RW Matt Anderson to a broke foot. He's out for 4 months.

So how do you add young players to your team? There's no draft. Are you just able to offer young players contracts? What's the minimum age? Is it 18? Younger?

Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

Post by Tasku » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:24 pm

bruins72 wrote:So how do you add young players to your team? There's no draft. Are you just able to offer young players contracts? What's the minimum age? Is it 18? Younger?
I don't think there's a minimum age, you just offer contract like any other, then you can send them down to your junior team to mature, and call up as you wish. If you're lucky you get them under junior contract, which are very cheap. But if they know their value, they might demand a pro contract, in which case you might want to reconsider.

Asher413
Challenge Moderator
Favourite Team: Pittsburgh Penguins

Post by Asher413 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:54 pm

bruins72 wrote:So how do you add young players to your team? There's no draft. Are you just able to offer young players contracts? What's the minimum age? Is it 18? Younger?
At least a patch or two ago, in the pre-season the AI would add a large amount of prospects to the U18/U16 teams (can't remember which) to teams in Scandanavia. I'm assuming the quality was distributed based on the rep, facilities or something else like that.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:36 pm

But each season, you just sign any young players that aren't already under contract to another team?

sjgoglin
Junior League

Post by sjgoglin » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:24 pm

I thought of a great way to cheat. Have an NHL GM going simultaneously, acquire the rights to all the players on your SHL team, and let them play out their four year eligibility after being drafted.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:27 pm

No NHL GMs allowed in a SHL challenge. ](*,)

braeden
Top Prospect

Post by braeden » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:24 pm

sjgoglin wrote:I thought of a great way to cheat. Have an NHL GM going simultaneously, acquire the rights to all the players on your SHL team, and let them play out their four year eligibility after being drafted.
I mean if you really want to cheat why bother playing? :dunno:

Unrelated note to cheating, I've accidentally simmed past 13 games played in the SHL twice... And 26 Games. I need to pay attention to the games played marker haha.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:31 pm

braeden wrote:
sjgoglin wrote:I thought of a great way to cheat. Have an NHL GM going simultaneously, acquire the rights to all the players on your SHL team, and let them play out their four year eligibility after being drafted.
I mean if you really want to cheat why bother playing? :dunno:

Unrelated note to cheating, I've accidentally simmed past 13 games played in the SHL twice... And 26 Games. I need to pay attention to the games played marker haha.
Exactly!

Oh and I agree that the difference in number of games is taking some getting used to. I'm closing in on 13 now and I've got to pay attention.

Is anyone else really doing poorly? I'm at the bottom of the league. I don't think I really understood early on that I'd need to start right off working towards acquiring players. I kind of waited until around the start of the season.

Just in case this happens to anyone (and it looks like it could happen to me)...

If your team ends up being demoted, you are not kick out of the challenge. Once you've been demoted you should enter your record (W-L-OSW-OSL) as 0's and your position as 15th. You can enter other stats as normal. If you make it back to the SHL, then you can proceed as normal.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:17 pm

Also please note that since our stats upload tool only has spots for W-L-OSL, you should add your OSW to your W when entering your stats.

Return to “Challenge Forum”