archibalduk and bruins72 clarified some basic updates on the rules in our last couple of challenges and since the 2010 list was published. I suggest the following:
1) We may add a GM for our AHL affiliate, the Laval Rocket, if we'd like to control them as well.
2) Fog of War should be enabled
3) We'll be starting the game with the standard U.S. start date. (August 13th, 2017)
4) At this time, you are allowed to hire and fire any non-player staff that you have. You may also offer contracts to any players that you own the rights that aren't currently under contract (shown under "Unsigned Prospects/Players"). You can also re-sign your players and staff that you have under contract already. Feel free to move players between your NHL and minor league rosters as you see fit.
5) There will be no trades, waiver claims, or UFA signings in the first season! The second season starts July 1st.
The following rules with be enforced from this point...
1 for 1, 1 for 2, 2 for 1, and 2 for 2 deals allowed.
You'll be allowed a total of 3 trades per season.
Any players involved in trades must be under contract. No "player rights" trading allowed!
There will be no age restrictions on players traded this time. In the past we limited it to younger players.
Draft picks are allowed as components of the deal, except 1st rounders. Only picks for the upcoming draft are allowed.
Example : Player for a 2nd round pick, 2 players for a 2nd and a 3rd round Pick, or Player for Player, and so on.
We're not dealing with a budget this challenge. Just stay within the NHL salary cap and whatever budget the board gives you.
No waiver claims allowed!
UFA signing is allowed. Either 2 players for $850k or less OR 1 player for $1.6M or less allowed each season. (Updated from $525K & $1M from the past)
You may run your AHL affiliate. You don't have to coach the games for your affiliate. You can even "Go On Vacation" with your AHL GM and check in occasionally. What you do there is totally up to you.
You must coach your NHL games and you may NOT go on vacation with your NHL GM.
It's recommended that you keep backup saves in case you have to go back. I usually have a save for every quarter.
Standard stats logging and screenshots will be required!
Go to [url]https://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/challenge_upload.php[/url] to upload your stats each quarter.
Go [url]?[/url] to post your screenshots at the end of each season. Look at some of the other users screenshots from previous challenges if you're not sure what you should be taking screenshots of.
Canadian Passport wrote:I didn't bother checking the forum because Archi said he needed help and it didn't look like he was going to get it so I thought I'd wait awhile to check back.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest