About to start Y2 and my team is still patchy as hell. Draft first.
31. Adam Boqvist, OFD 1-2 potential, poor man's Gio (He was a better version or him and Suter on draft day..) 1/5 star.
50. Barrett Hayton, Offensive playmaking C, like Mitch Wahl which is unfortunate but he has good scout reports and decent attributes for a 18yo, 1/3 star
61. Mitch Messner, defensive LW, like Alex Killorn/Lucic, he's 19yo and might be ready for NHL already, if not he's top AHL LW, 1/4 star
62. Austen Keating, 2-way C, like Jordan Schroeder, another overager tried to get NHL ready guys, 2/4 star
93. Marko Ojanen, Goal scoring C, like Kuznetsov, a McDavid-ing gem, might get a shot at my currently empty 2C spot, 0/5 star
155. Yan Aucoin, 2-way LD, like Nate Prosser, decent for the position imo, 0/4 star
I made sure to get players who had lenghty reports and no bad decisions, no bad consistensty and I verified they had decent turnover/giveaway and other stats. Fairly happy with how it went.
I signed Mark Barbeiro for 2,1 x 5. Needed a powerplay specialist and he had a great year on Col's PP.
Players out: Carr, Davidson, Deslauriers, Mitchell, Terry, Hemsky, Jerabek, Plekanec, Eisenschmid, Parisi. Would have kept Hemsky and Terry since they were good respective 3rd line and AHLer but they didn't want to re-sign.
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Drouin
Byron - VACANT - Gallagher
Hudon - Holland - VACANT
de la Rose - Danault - McCarron
Potential 2Cs: Daniel Audette, Jake Evans, Marko Ojanen, Lukas Vejdemo.
Potential 3RW: Lehkonen, Evans, Max Friberg, Martin Reway, Andrew Shaw(he sucked for me so likely my trade target)
Mete - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Morrow - Barbeiro/Benn
Morrow sometime played 2nd LD he's been good for me.
I am likely to waive Montoya and use Lindgren as backup this year. Schlemko has been ass so he's in my AHL.
Edit: Also only 1 trade is allowed per year right? Except S1 ofc.