Challenge #47 - Vegas Golden Knights - Discussion Thread

Think you're a good EHM GM? Our GM Challenges dare you to take over a team and make it a winner. The Challenge Forum and Centre are the hubs of our Challenges.

Moderator: Challenge Moderators

sao.phim
Drafted
Favourite Team: Flyers

Post by sao.phim » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:17 pm

Asher413 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:12 pm
Tobias Bjornfot- LD/RD Djurgarden U18, 6'1", 200 lbs. At this point I'm down to the best ratings on someone 19 and under.
I grabbed Bjornfot in 5th round of 2019, he is developing quite ok. Hopefully 3rd paring D/PP2 in the future.

Asher413
Challenge Moderator
Favourite Team: Pittsburgh Penguins

Post by Asher413 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:41 pm

Well friends, as this winds down, a few quick questions/feedback items for MWE and I please:

- What went well in this challenge that you want us to do again?
- What would you change about this challenge (please keep it constructive)?

Thanks in advance!

sao.phim
Drafted

Post by sao.phim » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:08 pm

Can this be extended for a few weeks?

sao.phim
Drafted

Post by sao.phim » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:24 pm

Just finished 3rd season winning cup to my surprise. Two loses during cup run. Wahlstrom is a beast - 15G + 10A, most goals and point during playoffs, AvR 8.67, not bad for a rookie. :notworthy:
Other rookies:
Glass (2nd C) most points (75) in regular season, 8+8 in playoffs
Suzuki (3rd C) 22+34 r.s., 5+7 sc

Last summer traded best scorer Neal to Philly for Gostisbehere, who had 7+36 in regular season and monster playoffs 3+16 (2nd on the team), AvR 7.89 =D>
Brannstrom - 13+37 in regular season, only 0+4 in playoffs due to injury

Good in playoffs were also Byron (6+10), Marchessault (7+9), Tuch (3+11) and Elvenes - just signed in May, 3+2 in 8 games (Conf. finals + SC finals) playing on 3rd and 4th line

For next season will not extend Fleury and Lindberg, they were both more than decent, but I would like to give more playing time to young players.

On the other side - candidate for trade is Perron, who declined drastically and still has contract for 3 seasons..

Asher413
Challenge Moderator
Favourite Team: Pittsburgh Penguins

Post by Asher413 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:30 pm

I'll have to ask questions about extending- never done this before :)

kenbauer
Junior League
Favourite Team: Oilers

Post by kenbauer » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:26 am

This is my first attempt at a challenge. I've had the game for years including old versions dating back to 2005.

Thanks for these, hoping to try more. I'm currently early into the first season.

jesterx7769
Challenge Moderator

Post by jesterx7769 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:29 pm

Decided to give it a go for something to do while watchign playoff hockey

Love Vegas as a challenge team, good enough to win but kind of random parts

Started by firing just about all staff and scouts. Hired Boucher as head coach.

Signed just about all UFA/RFA as cap not really an issue.

I liked being able to start at the draft. "Fell" to 3 but was able to draft Dahlin which is pretty golden here, was expecting to grab Zadina/Svech. 2nd round was ugly as no one was standing out. C is the weakest on this team but McLaughlin/McShane/Wise/McLeod all have obvious holes. Some defenders looked good but they take forever to develop and don't really need them if you grab Dahlin. Try to draft players wit high determination and good scout comparisons, so going against everything prior I just said I grabbed Xavier Bouchard. Feels like a weird pick, but I figure he will be my 3rd line D in a year or two as a lock down PK guy (hopefully) and if none of the C's don't stand out (and Vegas has Glass and Suzuki) I may as well wait as a poor C doesn't help. 4th round once again going against my no D pick to grab DJ King, another Defensive D. Didn't love the pick but good mentals and scouting report. I prob won't draft D really after this first draft as they take so long to develop, so grabbing 3 D in 3 picks to start seemed okay.

Not fooling myself into thinking I'm drafting high potential guys in late rounds so usually start looking at already developed guys to fill in. Grabbed Semyon Koshelev, Enar Emanuelsson, and Alexander Polunin. Finished the Goalie Dostal as last pick who can maybe develop to be my AHL goalie as I like that team to do well.

Return to “Challenge Forum”