Challenge Questions & Feedback Thread

Think you're a good EHM GM? Our GM Challenges dare you to take over a team and make it a winner. The Challenge Forum and Centre are the hubs of our Challenges.

Moderator: Challenge Moderators

kennec
Top Prospect

Re: Challenge Questions & Feedback Thread

Post by kennec » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:28 am

dwillms wrote:Hi, pretty new to the Challenges so not sure if this has been asked earlier...

I feel like the max UFA contract value should be adjusted. The rules for Challenge #44 allow 2 UFA signings at $525 K, which is actually below the minimum contract of $575 K.

I think it should be adjusted to 2 UFA signings at somewhere between $750K - $1 mil, or 1 UFA signing at somewhere between $1.5 - $2 mil.

I played Challenge 43 just for fun, the contract rules seemed perfect. You could sign two depth guys or one useful player for those amounts, but the cap of $34 mil was basically half of what it is in Challenge 44.

It's a struggle to sign even an NHL-calibre player for $1 mil, let alone someone useful. A washed-up fringe player like Shawn Thornton, Brooks Laich, Chris Neil or Steve Ott is about all I can find.
agree with this.

I play with 1.4.1 engine with 9.1 roosters. Find it very hard find a player who can play in NHL under 1m. Only ones is overage unsigned european players who didnt sign for the team who drafted them.

Minimumum for an NHL players seems be around 1,7m. And then we speak about 3rd line winger 5-6dmen or an back up keeper. 2line forward 3-4 dmen cost like 2.9m or around.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:40 pm

Just posting this here because I came across it on Reddit and it sounds kind of interesting (especially as there are so few rules it would involve): https://www.reddit.com/r/EHM/comments/7 ... w/dshb3yv/
PrimisClaidhaemh wrote:Back in the freeware version of EHM... no trades, no free agents, no waiver claims, and no RFA compensation (no exceptions) was called the Roke EHM Challenge, and it remains the gold standard for those wanting a challenge out of the game. It can be refreshing to have so much riding on just your own draft picks, with absolutely no possible hope of ever trading up or stockpiling them.

I still do those form time to time both in the freeware and in EHM 1, and I did them in EHM 2007 as well.
From the Reddit username, I'm guessing this is from Primis.

OldGregg
Prospect
Favourite Team: Montreal Canadiens

Post by OldGregg » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:44 pm

If you don't use your 5M free agent signing in season 4, can you use it in the following offseason?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:16 am

No I'm afraid you cannot.

OldGregg
Prospect
Favourite Team: Montreal Canadiens

Post by OldGregg » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:57 pm

archibalduk wrote:No I'm afraid you cannot.
Didn't think so. Ended up getting really lucky and got Simmonds for 4Y/5M in the last week of August.

Return to “Challenge Forum”