Challenge Questions & Feedback Thread

Think you're a good EHM GM? Our GM Challenges dare you to take over a team and make it a winner. The Challenge Forum and Centre are the hubs of our Challenges.

Moderator: Challenge Moderators

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Re: Challenge Questions & Feedback Thread

Post by batdad » Tue May 19, 2015 12:08 am

It is fairly clear..by the no more moves in season 1, however I am half asleep. :-D

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Post by bruins72 » Tue May 19, 2015 3:27 am

:rant: Wake up. B-Diddy!

Vadim10
Top Prospect
Favourite Team: Adler Mannheim / VER Selb

Post by Vadim10 » Wed May 20, 2015 2:35 pm

Short question ... what if one of the players I marked as a core player won't reach his minimum games because he was injured a few months at the beginning of the season and I calculated wrong? What would be the penalty for this?

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Wed May 20, 2015 3:29 pm

Screenshot of injury, and how long out for.

Vadim10
Top Prospect

Post by Vadim10 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:39 pm

That's the problem. I would have posted a screenshot if I had calculated correctly. But now he is healthy again, plays as usual and won't reach the minimum games. Hasn't there been a function to show injuries in the past or was this a feature in an other game? :-?

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:45 pm

Just got to the player's history tab and change the view to injuries.

Vadim10
Top Prospect

Post by Vadim10 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:17 pm

](*,) Of course ](*,) ... I knew it was somewhere. Thank you

Vadim10
Top Prospect

Post by Vadim10 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:43 pm

Ok, next problem ... I run EHM:EA in windowed mode and no matter what I try, it won't let me take screenshots. Even with Fraps running I couldn't get one. Is there a trick or maybe a better programm to do so?

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Wed May 20, 2015 5:07 pm

Out of windowed mode, best way to go.

Peter_Doherty
Hall of Fame
Favourite Team: New York Rangers

Post by Peter_Doherty » Wed May 20, 2015 5:13 pm

i just use the print screen button on the keyboard then paste it in paint and cut it out there then save it, that's in windowed mode...

Vadim10
Top Prospect

Post by Vadim10 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:20 pm

Peter_Doherty wrote:i just use the print screen button on the keyboard then paste it in paint and cut it out there then save it, that's in windowed mode...
Aaaah, thank you very much, Peter_Doherty. :notworthy: :notworthy: Fullscreen mode hurts my eyes badly on a 23"-monitor with this low resolution, but your way works fine

Peter_Doherty
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter_Doherty » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:14 pm

I think we should add a cap of players we can send out in one trade for the next challenge, maximum of 3 players in one trade seems good to me. Seen alot of guys in this challenge package 5 or more overage players to get a young stud, that's hardly realistic at all.

visualdarkness
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by visualdarkness » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:30 pm

Vadim10 wrote:Ok, next problem ... I run EHM:EA in windowed mode and no matter what I try, it won't let me take screenshots. Even with Fraps running I couldn't get one. Is there a trick or maybe a better programm to do so?
Gadwin should work. http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Peter_Doherty wrote:I think we should add a cap of players we can send out in one trade for the next challenge, maximum of 3 players in one trade seems good to me. Seen alot of guys in this challenge package 5 or more overage players to get a young stud, that's hardly realistic at all.
Yeah, 3 or 4 seems sufficient for a challenge, even one like we've been doing where we're dealing tons of players.

Peter_Doherty
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter_Doherty » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:46 pm

Yeah, if you allow infinite players to be involved in one trade it gets a bit too easy to get young studs. I saw someone get Barkov for their scraps, that shouldn't be possible :P

Unknown User
Prospect

Post by Unknown User » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Well it wasn't scraps. I traded 1-2 goalies Markstrom and Eriksson. Sbisa, Weber, Conacher and Stanton were all useful the other few were scraps. But I said we should be limiting trading before the challenge started... Either way though I will find a way to make the best use of my resources lol... I could of just traded everyone for draft picks and have some studs from that... I really think trading needs to be more limited though...

Peter_Doherty
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter_Doherty » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:20 pm

Unknown - I meant no disrespect, just picked that Barkov trade as an example :), there have been several others similar to it. I just brought it up so we can make the rules better (harder) for the next challenge.

Edit: I think a maximum of 3 players out in 1 trade would make it alot better, maybe even 2 maximum.
Last edited by Peter_Doherty on Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:21 pm

Unknown--that is scraps. :-D Not saying you did anything wrong ... you did not as this is fine, but I would not have made that deal as nobody would do it in real life. Well...okay maybe in this challenge I would of. It is not a criticism of you....in the context of the challenge great trade.

However....we are lookin to tighten things up for this type of challenge if we blow another team up in the future.

The success of your team...Barkov and Tarasenko...if you trade all for picks you do not have that, and would not do nearly as well. I thought about doing that, but then my competitive instincts took hold. LOL>

kennec
Top Prospect

Post by kennec » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:54 pm

Peter_Doherty wrote:Yeah, if you allow infinite players to be involved in one trade it gets a bit too easy to get young studs. I saw someone get Barkov for their scraps, that shouldn't be possible :P
i agree

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Hi all,

I got this by PM. Please ask questions in the forums on how to do things, no need to really PM me. Just extra steps for me or someone else to respond. IT will not be any faster. Thanks

I
am trying to post my stats to the thread post your screen shots. I dont want em to look like unkown unkown posts. i want it to be standings and then click on it to open the link.

standings - yes!
http://s725.photobucket.com/user/Mikael ... f.png.html no!

How do i fix it to be like that? i have not been active in forum or challanges for yours so i have forgot most things but i love this game.

Use the url box up to. [color is bleu] whatever you want to say [/color]

Mispelled bleu and used is for color instead of = so that you would see what the format is, hope that works

I think that should work

jesterx7769
Fourth Line

Post by jesterx7769 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:42 pm

Wanted to give my early feedback on this as I always try to give feedback

-First of all, I love love LOVE simming through the first year and starting at the draft. Without being able to make any moves the first year is usually a throw away and standings can come down to alot of lucky breaks
- Really like the approach of actual rebuilding challenge (giving away vets early to young guys)
- love the simple trade rules (any over 29 goes, anyone under 24 comes in, etc)
-I like the no UFA signings for this. Once again just makes it simple not worrying about tiers/cap money
- I agree with the above guys, I think there should be a player/asset ratio for trades. I dont think you should be able to trade 3 players for 1, its not very realistic

We usually view challenges as starting with a bad team but I think it may interesting to do the opposite of this challenge also. Start with a team where you have to trade away young players and only bring in guys over 35 (win now mode), just for the opposite specturm but similar simple/restrictive rules

Asher413
Challenge Moderator
Favourite Team: Pittsburgh Penguins

Post by Asher413 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:14 pm

I couldn't put in a 0 plus minus for my leader- so I did -1. Ideas for the future

microkilla
Junior League
Favourite Team: Detroit

Post by microkilla » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:29 pm

jesterx7769 wrote:We usually view challenges as starting with a bad team but I think it may interesting to do the opposite of this challenge also. Start with a team where you have to trade away young players and only bring in guys over 35 (win now mode), just for the opposite specturm but similar simple/restrictive rules
I like this idea as well. It would be an interesting challenge to be a contender at the deadline, trying to find that rental to help make a run, or trying to keep a cap-crunched dynasty (ala Chicago) together. It would be neat to see what different GMs come up with.

Smylie
Junior League
Favourite Team: Edmonton Oilers

Post by Smylie » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:26 pm

So last night I am going thru season 2 of the Sharks challenge thru the training camp and then a few days after. As you know most teams start sending waiver players to the minors and all I do is look at who's listed on that page and not even go to the waiver page. Well low and behold I get a screen wanting to know what Status James Reimer is going to be on my team as I'd claimed him on waivers...... I immediately saved the game at that point and I'm going to send in an bug report to SIG. but how do you want me to handle it in the Challenge? Just send him packing and take the financial hit?

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:46 pm

Yes, just waive him and see if he gets claimed. If he doesn't get claimed, release him. It's a known bug.

Return to “Challenge Forum”