GM Attributes & Career History - Discuss/Brag in here!

Think you're a good EHM GM? Our GM Challenges dare you to take over a team and make it a winner. The Challenge Forum and Centre are the hubs of our Challenges.

Moderator: Challenge Moderators

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

GM Attributes & Career History - Discuss/Brag in here!

Post by archibalduk » Sun May 16, 2010 6:32 pm

Use this thread to discuss the GM Attributes and Career History. Bragging about your attributes can also go in here!! :D

As mentioned in the new site announcement, all users now have a GM Profile and Career History. You can quickly access them by clicking on the Control Panel link in the navigation bar. Then from the UCP page you will see links to your profiles in the top right corner. Alternatively, you can follow the links below:

Your GM Profile: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/profile_gm.php
Your Career History: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/pr ... llenge.php

If you want to view another user's GM Profile or Career History, there are a number of ways of doing this:

1) When reading a user's post, click on the Profile button located under a their avatar.
2) When viewing a Challenge Stats table (i.e. the overall leaderboard, entire season stats, etc), click on the username from the table.
3) Find the user in the Member List: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/memberlist.php
4) Usually wherever you see a username on the site, you can click on it to access that user's profile.

Career History
This page is really self-explanatory. This details season-by-season every single Challenge that you have taken part in. It shows you totals for each type of Challenge (i.e. NHL / North America / Europe) as well as an overall total.

GM Profile
Like the Career History page, the GM Profile also shows your career totals for the Challenges (it just shows the overall total rather than a break down of season by season). In addition, it shows your season average based on an average season being 82 games (i.e. the equivalent of an NHL regular season).

This page also shows how far you made it in the NHL Playoffs. It details how far you have made it in the Playoffs and how many times.

The most interesting part of the GM Profile is probably the General Manager Attributes section. This rates your average Challenge performance using EHM-style attributes. In order to improve your attributes you must improve you average Challenge performance. The following stats categories affect your GM attributes:

PIM (the lower the PIM the better), wins, win%, goals scored, goals against, PP%, and PK%.

Most of the stats and attributes are inter-related so you will need to improve more than just one category of stats to see your attributes increase.

The maximum attribute you can achieve depends on your potential ability. Just like in EHM, as you raise your potential, the maximum attribute you can achieve will increase (up to 20). Your potential rises as you complete more seasons in EHM (note that they must be complete seasons; incomplete seasons don't count). When you start off, you will see that you potential will rise quite sharply initially (so as to encourage our newer users). After this initial boost, your potential will rise more steadily. Once you have completed 20 seasons you have achieved a potential ability of 200. Whether your attributes will be this high of course depends on how good your stats are. It is very possible to have a potential ability of 200 but have attributes that are only at 1 if your stats are low enough.

Your current ability rating will rise as you improve your stats. Like the attributes, this is also limited by your potential ability. As you complete more seasons you should see this rise and then plateau. Then to improve it you have to improve you stats (i.e. your Challenge averages).

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:11 am

Could this in some way be used with real-life staff? Sort of a shadd-sheet?

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Post by bruins72 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:12 pm

That's an interesting idea. Maybe Archi could translate this to use real life stats? I know I sure don't have the math/statistics skills to pull it off. LOL!

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:41 pm

Manimal wrote:Could this in some way be used with real-life staff? Sort of a shadd-sheet?
So do you mean that you enter the staff member's stats into Excel and it provides you with his attributes?

I suppose you would need a Shadd-sheet for each type of non-playing staff (e.g. Head Coach, GM, Scout, etc). The maths formulae I used for calculating users' GM attributes are really quite simple - I'm not sure they'd be suitable for reflecting real-life performances. It might be interesting to check out however... :-k

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:43 pm

bruins72 wrote:That's an interesting idea. Maybe Archi could translate this to use real life stats? I know I sure don't have the math/statistics skills to pull it off. LOL!
Heh Calv might be able to though! I believe he's considering doing some crazy maths PHD at UCLA, California. People with such a high level of maths knowledge scare me! :-D :-o

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:57 pm

archibalduk wrote:
bruins72 wrote:That's an interesting idea. Maybe Archi could translate this to use real life stats? I know I sure don't have the math/statistics skills to pull it off. LOL!
Heh Calv might be able to though! I believe he's considering doing some crazy maths PHD at UCLA, California. People with such a high level of maths knowledge scare me! :-D :-o
Look at the big brain on Calv! :-p

I suppose his math degree could actually be of use to our fun instead of just being of practical use to his career.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:47 pm

How high is everybody's Current Ability rating at the moment?

I can see Batdad's is 158 (click here) and Bruins72's is 150 (click here). Can anybody beat these guys?! :D

You can view your own Current Ability rating here: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/profile_gm.php

By the way, your CA and attributes are updated every time you upload more Challenge stats.

Loosie
Team Captain
Custom Rank: Holy journeyman Batman

Post by Loosie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:11 pm

87! ](*,)

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Keep in mind that Batdad has played 28 seasons and I've played 37. We participated in quite a few challenges, so that's helped. Plus, I think the challenges used to be easier, so it was easier to get better results, which also influence your GM abilities. These last few challenges have been much more difficult!

joehelmer
TBL Mod Team
Favourite Team: Djurgården (SHL)

Post by joehelmer » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:06 pm

113! :joy:

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:18 pm

bruins72 wrote:Keep in mind that Batdad has played 28 seasons and I've played 37. We participated in quite a few challenges, so that's helped. Plus, I think the challenges used to be easier, so it was easier to get better results, which also influence your GM abilities. These last few challenges have been much more difficult!
Yeah, but no matter how easy they were B72...I still kick your butt! :-D Which is all that really matters.... :-p

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Yeah yeah yeah... :roll:

Loosie
Team Captain
Custom Rank: Holy journeyman Batman

Post by Loosie » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:19 pm

Just looking through my career history. I noticed my 1st season with Saint Jon Sea Dogs (Challenge 11) only has 17 games. and then it has a partial second season.

I just went through the old stats recording thread and noticed why. My second segement of the first season was accidentally labelled 11.2. So I don't think the rest of the season stats got added in. Also if there are partial seasons included with the history then the half seaons of 10.2 is not added in either.

Return to “Challenge Forum”