Uploading Your Stats: Questions / Problems / Mistakes

Think you're a good EHM GM? Our GM Challenges dare you to take over a team and make it a winner. The Challenge Forum and Centre are the hubs of our Challenges.

Moderator: Challenge Moderators

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Uploading Your Stats: Questions / Problems / Mistakes

Post by archibalduk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:00 pm

Please use this thread for any of the following:
  • If you are unsure how to use the Challenge Stats Upload Tool;
  • If you have encountered and error or difficulty with using the Upload Tool;
  • If you have realised that you made a mistake when uploading your stats.

From Challenge 18 onwards, uploading your Challenge stats has become a whole lot easier. With the introduction of the online Challenge Stats Upload Tool you can upload your stats directly into the site and they will appear instantly in the standings tables (please details further below). To access the tool click on the "Upload Your Challenge Stats" link from either the EHM Challenges or Control Panel menus located in the navigation menu (the nav menu can be found at the top of every page of the site).

There is no longer any need to your stats in a thread and wait for a Moderator to input them into the site. This is a really big improvement to the way the Challenges will run and will makes things significantly quicker and easier. You just enter you stats into the boxes on the site. :cool:

The introduction of the Upload Tool means that you no longer need to use the Challenge Stats Recording Spreadsheet. Instead, you simply enter your stats directly into the Upload Tool. The Upload Tool will calculate your stats for each quarter - you do not need to do this yourself. So when you enter you stats, enter the totals you have accumulated so far. For example: When you enter your stats after 40 games (i.e. Quarter 2 of an NHL Challenge), enter your team stats accrued during the entirety of the 40 games - not just those accrued during that quarter. The Upload Tool will then calculate your quarter's stats and upload them for you.

To help avoid mistakes, there are a number of checks the Upload Tool performs when you click on the "Calculate Statistics" button. It will check things such as the number of games played (based on your number of wins plus losses plus OT losses), PP%, PK%, any negative numbers, blank fields, etc. The Upload Tool will alert you if there are any anomalies in your stats and will give you the opportunity to correct these.

When you click on the "Calculate Statistics", the Upload Tool will show you your season totals stats and stats for the current quarter. Please take time to check your stats before clicking on the "Submit" button. Although the Upload Tool is able to check for some mistakes, it can't check the accuracy of your stats. You must therefore double-check what you have entered before clicking on "Submit". If you see any mistakes then click on the "Modify" button. If you later realise that you made a mistake then please immediately notify a Moderator by posting in this thread.

Once you have clicked on the "Submit" button your stats will be uploaded for approval by a Moderator. A Moderator will review and approve your stats. You may be asked for verification and/or screenshots before a Moderator approves your stats - this does rarely happen but sometimes we need to check - please don't take offence if we ask you. With regards to any end of season screenshots or any other screenshots which the rules require you to post, we will be unable to approve your stats until you have posted your screenshots in the Screenshots Thread.

When you upload you stats, they will be instantly visible on the overall standings table, entire season standings, and improvement % table. They will be visible even if your stats have not yet been approved. There will be a small number next to your username in those tables to indicate that a number of your quarters are awaiting approval from a Moderator. However, your team and player stats will not be visible in the quarterly stats tables until your stats have been approved. If you stats are not approved, the relevant stats will be deleted from the database - we would of course first notify you if we are unable to approve your stats.

One final thing to note is that the Upload Tool will not allow you to post stats after the stats deadline. Please make sure that you post your stats in advance of the deadline. To help you keep track of time, there are full details of the deadline date and time at the top of the Challenge Centre. You will see at the top of the Centre it says in bold exactly when the Challenge closes (in your local time zone - make sure you have set the correct time zone in your user settings). It also says in bold how many days, hours and minutes there are until the Challenge closes:

I'm very sorry for this long post. I just want to fully explain the new procedure so that users fully understand how this is all going to work. Basically, there is very little change other than that you now post your stats using the Upload Tool rather than in a thread.

If you have any questions then please post them in this thread and I'll do my best to help. :)

Loosie
Team Captain
Custom Rank: Holy journeyman Batman

Post by Loosie » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:07 pm

I love this tool. It's easy to use and you don't have to worry about C'n'p from the Excel document. That being there may be one wording you want to change. In the spreadsheets it was PP goals against, but on the Stats recording tool it's listed as Shorthanded goals against. Two VERY different stats :)

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:19 pm

Thanks for the comments. I'm glad it's making things easier for you! :)

That's a good point about the difference between shorthanded and powerplay goals against. I'll correct it this weekend. :thup:

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:08 pm

When posting mistakes in this thread please ensure you state what season and quarter in which the mistake was make. :thup:

Círyatan
Leading Scorer
Custom Rank: Eagle eyes!

Post by Círyatan » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:49 pm

Sorry for bothering, but what should I put in the "Payroll" stat in the Updater? Averaged Club Salary? Total Annual Player Salaries? Something else? Just about to post 1st Quarter stats and I'm just not sure.:-k

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Post by bruins72 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Averaged Club Salary.

Círyatan
Leading Scorer

Post by Círyatan » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:07 pm

I thought so, but I wanted to stay on the safe side. Thanks, B. :thup:

Lazion
Second Line
Favourite Team: Flyers

Post by Lazion » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:17 pm

bruins72 wrote:Averaged Club Salary.
Ouch.. I used total annual player salaries.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Was there much of a difference? If you can, post the correct # here and for what segment of stats it was mis-reported. Then maybe Archi can go into the database and change it.

Lazion
Second Line

Post by Lazion » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:48 pm

Season 1, quarter 1.
I typed in payroll $4x.xxM and it should be around $33.00M. Actually I'm not sure what the correct number was, but now in end of second quarter it is 33M. I recalled/assigned all players in my rosters what I had in quarter 1, then payroll is $34.00M.
IMHO I don't see any point in this payroll thing.. :-?

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:51 pm

Honestly, in the case of your stats for season 1 quarter 1, it doesn't matter. The only thing the finances matter to in this challenge is that you're not allowed to go over your team's budget. That might come into play in later seasons.

Lazion
Second Line

Post by Lazion » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:39 pm

Now I'm little confused. Doesn't that mean that Total Annual Player Salaries can go over team budget? TAPS is more quatraded with team budget, right?

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:57 pm

We've always gone with Averaged Club Salary since this seems to be the figure that they use to determine whether or not you're under the salary cap.

utedass
Junior League

Post by utedass » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:09 am

So, as I'm about to post my screenshots after season 2, i just realized that i forgot to make a screenshot of my trades on July 1st. ](*,) I actually made one together with my other screens in late June, but deleted it when I realized that it's supposed to me taken on July 1st. Problem was though, that when July 1st came along, I was so busy looking at UFAs and possible trades that I forgot about the screenshot. It's now around July 15th in my game, and I just wondered if it was possible to take the screenshot now? Hope you can be lenient with me, since this i just my 2nd challenge. Great initiative by the way! :thup:

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:01 pm

Go ahead and take a new screenshot now at the point you're at in the game. Follow the directions for it where it tells you to click back so that it shows the trades for the previous year. It should pick up the same info.

utedass
Junior League

Post by utedass » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Ok. Thanks mate. Will upload the screens ASAP! ;) Once again, thanks to everyone making the challenges and Lidas rosters possible! =D>

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:46 pm

I just noticed that the PIM field is limited to 3 digits. I had a player with 1053 PIM, so I just entered 999.

eternium85
Drafted

Post by eternium85 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Could you delete my last screenshot post because I forgot to include the season and the tier I used. I'll just repost all the screenshots with the right information.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:15 pm

eternium85 wrote:Could you delete my last screenshot post because I forgot to include the season and the tier I used. I'll just repost all the screenshots with the right information.
Done!

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Re: Uploading Your Stats: Questions / Problems / Mistakes

Post by bruins72 » Mon May 23, 2011 6:20 pm

tinyheed wrote:SO last night i uploaded Season 1 Q3 stats, then saved my game all good. Try and load game today, its saying file corrupted!, so obviously having to go back to beginning of Q2, can my stats be reset?

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner
Custom Rank: TIMMAH TEEEEE!!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by timmy_t » Wed May 25, 2011 6:16 am

Mark Fistric has 1053 PIM this season and the input box only allows 3 characters. What to do?

Círyatan
Leading Scorer

Post by Círyatan » Wed May 25, 2011 9:03 am

timmy_t wrote:Mark Fistric has 1053 PIM this season and the input box only allows 3 characters. What to do?
link
bruins72 wrote:I just noticed that the PIM field is limited to 3 digits. I had a player with 1053 PIM, so I just entered 999.

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner
Custom Rank: TIMMAH TEEEEE!!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by timmy_t » Wed May 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Thanks Cirytan! I'm an idiot; that was three or four posts above mine. :oops:

tinyheed
Prospect

Post by tinyheed » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:08 am

Have a problem. My season 4 screengrabs where on my now dead laptop before i could post them. Got new laptop and restored my saved games ok but have no copy of screenshots, whats the procedure for this?

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:22 pm

And none of your saved games go back far enough to re-take your screenshots?

Return to “Challenge Forum”