Challenge 19: Atlanta Thrashers (Discussion Thread)

Think you're a good EHM GM? Our GM Challenges dare you to take over a team and make it a winner. The Challenge Forum and Centre are the hubs of our Challenges.

Moderator: Challenge Moderators

CeeBee
All-Star

Post by CeeBee » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:19 pm

I have not done challenges probably for the reasons you are parking it but I have tried playing along on occasion and it's a challenge. lol When it comes to tactics I've found that what works for others usually does not work for me. I've spent plenty of time reading through every bit of information and over the years have taken a bit here and a bit there and found what usually works for me. I guess what I'm saying is the game should be fun, no matter how you play so keep on truckin :)

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Post by bruins72 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:34 pm

Flying_Buffalo26 wrote:
bruins72 wrote:I'd offer a 5 star player looking for a 4 star in return and I'd get denied. Or sometimes they'd say they'd have to think it over and then they'd come back looking for just a little bit more. They'd want that player plus something, either a pick or a player. Sometimes they'd just want a 2 or 3 star player added to the mix. But we can't do that. I just don't understand why these teams can't just make a 1 for 1 deal with me!
I noticed that the star rating hasn't got to do with their real trade value necessarily. Often a promising prospect (even a Forsberg regen or similar) is only rated with 3 stars, but he is still much more worth than a 5 star rated Ladd or Antropov. I guess it has a lot to do with their potential abbility. The AI seems to have a magical eye for that. Their needs are also a not to underestimate reason why other teams are willing to trade or not. Especially the last sentence: "looking for young players", "looking for veterans" - if they "try to maintain their team" it's pretty hard to get a trade done with the advantage on your side ...

As umwoz mentioned, there are still some ways to "trick" the AI, even in 1 vs 1 trades. I really understand that you are having such difficulties getting a goalie. I was looking for one every single season but wasn't able to get one. They are somehow valued differently from the rest of a team's roster. Maybe you end up picking your future franchise goalie in this year's draft. For me it was the only way to get one.
Good point about them not showing the true value. Still, you'd think that if they say they're looking to deal for a top 2 defenseman and you offer one with 5 stars, they'd bite. Oh well!

I really don't want to "trick" the AI. That's not my style. I definitely won't try trading for a guy on Long-Term Injury. I'm heading into the 3rd draft and that's where all of the European regens show up, so maybe I'll get lucky with finding a goalie.

jesusrocks150
Top Prospect

Post by jesusrocks150 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:35 pm

CeeBee wrote:I have not done challenges probably for the reasons you are parking it but I have tried playing along on occasion and it's a challenge. lol When it comes to tactics I've found that what works for others usually does not work for me. I've spent plenty of time reading through every bit of information and over the years have taken a bit here and a bit there and found what usually works for me. I guess what I'm saying is the game should be fun, no matter how you play so keep on truckin :)
You're right...the challenge is just that...a challenge!! Although, for others it seems to be really easy!!

Right now, I'm trying to find what works for me, but I can't seem to find anything that works for this team. Once I have a little fun doing what I like to do (being the GM), I'll come back to it - I'd like to atleast finish 2 seasons.

On another note - To date I've spent around 36+- hours on the challenge and I haven't even completed 2 seasons yet....How in the world do some of you play 6, 7, or more seasons??!! Are you not actually playing the games? In a typical season, I don't play the games, but for the challenge I have been b/c I thought we were required to....

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:39 pm

You can play the games but have it skip highlights and go at fast-forward speed. By doing this the game doesn't take long. I do this but it still takes me a long time to play because I don't have the fastest computer. The part where the game sims from one day to the next and sims all of the other teams' games takes a lot longer for me. And to make matters worse, I get bored of waiting for the game to sim to the next day and while I'm waiting I start doing something else (surfing the net or whatever) and I don't always get right back to EHM.

jesusrocks150
Top Prospect

Post by jesusrocks150 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:57 pm

bruins72 wrote:You can play the games but have it skip highlights and go at fast-forward speed. By doing this the game doesn't take long. I do this but it still takes me a long time to play because I don't have the fastest computer. The part where the game sims from one day to the next and sims all of the other teams' games takes a lot longer for me. And to make matters worse, I get bored of waiting for the game to sim to the next day and while I'm waiting I start doing something else (surfing the net or whatever) and I don't always get right back to EHM.
I currently have it set-up the same way - When I first started the challenge, I wanted to actual watch the games...that lasted all but 5 minutes I think before I set to fast forward....So I guess I technically am not "playing the games", but I am viewing them at warp speeds!!

My computer is pretty fast at simming while viewing games as well as day to day...but it still is taking forever to play a full season. I've played 2 full seasons with the Pens and began a third in half the time it's taken me to play one and a half seasons in the challenge - I suppose just because of viewing every game and having the minor teams enhanced....

Ippo
Prospect

Post by Ippo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:48 pm

I had a chance to snatch Zherdev from waivers just before 3rd season started, but Phoenix got him, darn it. Even the draft was kinda meh, couldn't get anyone who would feature in the top two lines nor did I get any decent goalie either.

Season 3 is well on its way and we are doing even better than last season, 18 wins from 30 games and we're currently in 5th position, 7 points behind Tampa Bay who has played two games more than us. Our scoring line has been great so far, Antropov is leading the way with 20 goals and 37 points, but what's even better is that Pavelec is finally starting to look like a winning goalie. 9 wins from 13 games isn't too shabby at all, hopefully he can keep it up.

Here are the lines I'm going with at the moment:

Kane-Antropov-Bergfors
Ladd-Burmistrov-Little
Eager-Slater-Cisse
Klingberg-Thorburn-Aliu

Hainsey-Bogosian
Oduya-Burns
Valábik-Byfuglien

Yasin Cisse has been a positive surprise, 7+7 in 22 games from 3rd line and 2nd PP unit with an AvR of 7.59.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:52 pm

Ippo wrote:I had a chance to snatch Zherdev from waivers just before 3rd season started, but Phoenix got him, darn it. Even the draft was kinda meh, couldn't get anyone who would feature in the top two lines nor did I get any decent goalie either.
That second draft is just horrible.

outdooral
Minor League

Post by outdooral » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:28 pm

Finished season 2 in 7th place and are headed for our first playoffs.Im glad we get to face Buffalo and not Washington who have completey crushed us this season. As long as Ryan Miller doesnt get really hot we have a chance in the first round.We beat the sabres 2-1-1 during the season outscoring them 18-12.

Im not sure why everyone has been so hard on Enstrom. While he does give the puck away (32 times) he finished +21, with 15 goals and 29 assists ( 6G 9A on the powerplay).
Pretty solid numbers here.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:46 pm

Have I mentioned how I hate the way the NHL does it's playoff seeding? We're not done with the season yet but after 71 games we're the 2nd team in the league to clinch a playoff spot. Washington (with their over-rated players!) was the first. So we're the 2nd team to clinch a playoff spot, we're got 100 points in 71 games so far... but we're ranked 4th in the conference behind teams with 96 and 88 points. That's just not right.

jesusrocks150
Top Prospect

Post by jesusrocks150 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:55 pm

bruins72 wrote:Have I mentioned how I hate the way the NHL does it's playoff seeding? We're not done with the season yet but after 71 games we're the 2nd team in the league to clinch a playoff spot. Washington (with their over-rated players!) was the first. So we're the 2nd team to clinch a playoff spot, we're got 100 points in 71 games so far... but we're ranked 4th in the conference behind teams with 96 and 88 points. That's just not right.
I agree wholeheartedly - It's typical for the 4th and sometimes the 5th seed to have more points than the 3rd seed....

That's kinda how the NFL played out this past season too, with the Seattle Seahawks winning their division with a record of 7-9, while other teams in the league, who didn't win their division, but had a better record than 7-9 missed the playoffs....Wouldn't you know the underdog Seahawks ousted the Saints in the first round!

outdooral
Minor League

Post by outdooral » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:44 pm

Playoff update.
We opened with a great 2-0 shutout win in Buffalo,then won the next two as well 4-2, and 4-2 to go up 3 games to none.
We were then beat pretty soundly in game 4 , 5-1. game 5 saw a 2-2 tie go deep into the 3rd period when Ben Eager score with 3 mins to go to give us the series win.
Now we get the Caps who pretty much embarrased us in the regular season.

jesusrocks150
Top Prospect

Post by jesusrocks150 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:03 pm

outdooral wrote:Playoff update.
We opened with a great 2-0 shutout win in Buffalo,then won the next two as well 4-2, and 4-2 to go up 3 games to none.
We were then beat pretty soundly in game 4 , 5-1. game 5 saw a 2-2 tie go deep into the 3rd period when Ben Eager score with 3 mins to go to give us the series win.
Now we get the Caps who pretty much embarrased us in the regular season.
I'm pretty sure the Caps embarras everyone during the regular season and then somehow manage to blow it in the playoffs...just like in real life! :ha!: :joy:

Seriously though, in the seasons that I've played in the challenge as well as other non-challenge seasons, the Caps have dominated in the standings and the player stats, but they keep losing in the first or second round of the playoffs. I'd say in about 4-5 full seasons I've played to date, they still have not won the cup (they only made it that far once).

Ippo
Prospect

Post by Ippo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:50 pm

jesusrocks150 wrote:Seriously though, in the seasons that I've played in the challenge as well as other non-challenge seasons, the Caps have dominated in the standings and the player stats, but they keep losing in the first or second round of the playoffs. I'd say in about 4-5 full seasons I've played to date, they still have not won the cup (they only made it that far once).
In my game they have won the cup in both seasons, crazy I know!

outdooral
Minor League

Post by outdooral » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:56 pm

jesusrocks was right , we beat Washington 4-2 to advance to the eastern finals against Tampa......and now we're done. Eliminated in 4 straight including 2 shutouts.Seems we regressed to early season form and couldnt score.

So all in all a big improvement from the first season but still some glaring weaknesses.

On to what i understand isa terrible draft and hopefully a few roster moves to help us improve again next year.

Ippo
Prospect

Post by Ippo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:56 pm

So I made a trade, Yasin Cisse for Chris Stewart. I was trying to offer the likes of Bergfors first, but Avalanche wanted Cisse only so I had to give up our best future prospect. Oh well, next draft is going to be quality, so I'll be sure to find a similar, if not better player than Cisse.

outdooral
Minor League

Post by outdooral » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:54 pm

The 2nd year draft was horrible as expected. I tried to move either Peverly or Byfuglin but couldnt find anything I liked in return so took a bit of a gamble and moved Hainsey and his large salary for Zack Kassian. He's only played 28 NHl games between buffalo and florida and managed 5pts his first 2 seasons but i really like his attributes and size. The scouts compare him to Shane Doan so if he gets anywhere close to that I'll be happy.
No free agent pickup this year I'll be trolling through the waivers.

Ippo
Prospect

Post by Ippo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:11 pm

Stanley Cup is ours, my first ever! Canucks were our opponents in the final, but we didn't give them a chance and finished the series in 4 games. Antro and Mason were our leading players as expected, without them we couldn't even dream about winning. Chris Stewart turned out to be a great fit for our 1st line and will be ever so important for years to come.

Oh right, Chicago Wolwes finally claimed the AHL title after two disappointing losses in the final, although this year's team was weaker than before. Go figure.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:50 pm

We've made it through the first 2 rounds of the playoffs in season 3 so far. We beat the Penguins in 5 games in the first round. Then we beat the Lightning in 4 games in the second round. We had been without Koivu for the last couple weeks of the regular season but we got him back in time for the first round. Peverly had been injured since the end of March but we just got him back for the last 2 games of our series with the Lightning in the second round. Boulton was out for 6 weeks (starting mid-March) with a fractured shin but we didn't put him back into the lineup again once he was healthy. Johan Harju had stepped up his game and was playing well in his place, so he stayed in the lineup. Bogosian went out for a couple weeks in mid-April, so he essentially missed most of the first two rounds. He played the first game against the Penguins and the last game against the Lightning. While he was out, we moved Enstrom into his place on all of the lines and them put Valabik into where Enstrom had been (since Enstrom plays both sides and Valabik just plays left). Valabik has been a beast! He's had an 8.44 average rating. So when Bogosian came back from his injury, I took Enstrom out of the lineup and put Bogo back into all of his lines. Enstrom had low morale and needed to sit. I'll put him back into the lineup if we have any defensemen get low morale or injuries.

Now I've just got to wait for Boston and Washington to finish up their series. They're tied 2-2. Once they're done, I'll know who I'm facing in the Eastern Conference Finals.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:23 pm

And Washington took me out in 4 games. I had a couple injuries (Bergfors and Stewart) but I don't know that it would have made a difference if I had a full squad. Washington is just too tough at this point. They've got Giggy in net with Varlamov backing him up. In addition to Ovechkin, Semin, and Backstrom all being god-like, they've also got Erik Cole, Pahlsson, Hejduk, and McCabe. Plus they've got all of their regulars that they start with. Oh and Laich looks like a star as well. They've just too much!

I've got to think that my roster suffered because I was unable to pull off a trade this season. I also didn't make a UFA signing or a waiver claim. I've also been re-signing almost all of my players. I think I'm going to end up having to waive a few guys to make room for youngsters. If the waived guys don't get claimed, they'll be buried in the minors. I'm still hoping to trade Enstrom. Maybe for season 4?

I'm still happy with the way my team performed this season. I had both Antropov and Ladd with over 100 points. Antropov had 127 points (good enough for 4th in the league) and Ladd had 102. Also, Antropov scored 50 (exactly 50) goals this year. That made him the first 50 goal scorer during my tenure. Ladd (47) and Bergfors (48) came close! Dawes (33) and Kane (32) both topped 30 goals but what's really impressive about Dawes doing that is that he played just 55 games for us, having started the season in the AHL.

Now I've just got to wait through the rest of the playoffs so I can get to the draft.

outdooral
Minor League

Post by outdooral » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:14 pm

40 games into season 3 and we are sitting 5th in the East. Not bad cosidering all the injuries. No one has been out long but most have been out a week or two. One game we were missing Byfuglien, Antro, Ladd, Koivu and Kane.
Despite plugging holes and playing with a short bench our PP is the best its ever been at 15.5 %
Zack Kassian our trade pick up has been decent 5G 9A, 7 rating but has been spending most of his time on the 3rd or 4th line.
Speaking of trades Ive been getting tons of offers for Bogosian and then one from Boston which suprised me . Enstrom straight up for Tyler Sequin. If I hadnt made my earlier trade I would take that in a heartbeat. I'll have to see if theyre still interested in that next year.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Ooooh! Enstrom for Seguin? Straight up? Yes please! I wonder how Kassian would do if you bumped him up to the 2nd line and maybe gave him some PP time? I was looking at him at one point in my game.

So the Caps beat the Flames in the Stanley Cup Finals, 4 games to 2. Our AHL affiliate in Chicago made it all the way to the Calder Cup Finals but got swept by Charlotte.

Awards Time!

Antropov - Masterson, 3rd place for Plus-Minus Award
Craig Ramsey - 3rd place in Adams voting
Bergfors - Plus-Minus Award, 2nd place in Byng voting

So we didn't exactly clean up at the awards ceremony but that's because we had a deep and balanced team.

So draft time is here. This draft is so Euro-heavy. The Top Ranked Skaters report came out and the top 5 Europeans are the top 5 in the whole draft. That's not such a big deal. What's more telling is that the top North American skater is ranked 7th and the next top ranked NA skater is ranked 49th. Can you say "Regens!"?

I also got my team's pre-draft analysis. I found it odd what they said about Chris Mason. They say he's dependable and can steal games. That's fine. But then they say we should be set in net for some time. Seriously? What, maybe a season if we're lucky? He's 37 years old! The other mentions (Ladd, Kane, Koivu, Antropov) are right on point with the exception of Enstrom. That's who they talk about as my key defenseman. I've been trying to get rid of him for a couple years now because he doesn't perform as well as he should. Go figure!

For the 2009 Entry Draft (the 3rd draft in our game), we had the 24th overall pick. Before our pick, something interesting happened. The Blue Jackets, who had the 1st overall pick, drafted a Norwegian 1st overall for the first time in NHL history (to my knowledge). He was ranked 3rd. His name is Sverre Jacobsen. He's a center described as a playmaking offensive forward with 1st line potential. He's compared to a slower but more talented version of Marc Savard. I don't know if I would have drafted him that high though. He's got a 6 for Determination and his defensive attributes/potential is horrendous! He does have a 20 in Stickhandling, a 17 in Passing and Strength , and an 18 in WorkRate though, so he could still turn out to be a star. Also interesting was that the guy ranked 1st was drafted 5th and the guy ranked 2nd was drafted 4th. With such wide field of talented players, it seems that many team's scouts have different opinions on players than the ISS. The Ducks picked the guy I wanted with the 6th pick. I knew I had no chance at him but I had visions of him being the future of my team. He's a 6'5" Swedish C/LW with a 20 in Flair, 19 in Anticipation and Workrate, 18 in Teamwork and Speed, and a 17 in Strength. Most of his technical attributes were already "yellow" numbers too. Also, that North American that was ranked 7th? He was drafted 21st by the Blackhawks. I don't know he was ranked so high. I wouldn't even had drafted him at 21st.

Now back to my 1st round pick. 24th overall. I'm kind of in a dilemma. I really should draft a goalie. I found 2 in this draft that looked pretty good. One is ranked 19th and the other is ranked 29th. Both are still available. Obviously, I'd pick the better of the two (which is the one ranked 19th). But I see a few other players that too good to pass up. The 19th overall goalie, Kniksts, has a 20 in Recovery and Reflexes, 19 Strength, and 17 Bravery. Determination is okay at 13. Workrate is 8. Glove, Blocker, Passing, and Forecheck are all "Yellow". Positioning and Rebound Control are "Orange". The problem areas are Balance (6) and Stickhandling (2). He's also got a couple other "Red" attributes but they're ones that really don't matter for a goalie. So that's the goalie.

Then there is the guy my staff recommend, Ludvig Holmgren. He's a 6' center from Sweden. His Acceleration, Strength, Teamwork, and Positioning are "Green". All of his other physical attributes are "Yellow". Almost all of his technical attributes are "Yellow" too, except Deflections, Hitting, and Slapshot, which are "Orange". His Anticipation is okay at 13 and the rest of his mental attributes are "Orange" or "Yellow" (with the exception of the previously mentioned Teamwork being "Green). The one thing that troubles me is his Aggression, which is a 2!

Then there were the 2 guys that I saw and really liked. First was Miroslav Herman, a 6'5" Czech LD, ranked 17th overall. He's a total stay-at-home defenseman but I think he'd be an elite shutdown guy. He'd also add quite a physical element. His "Green" attributes are Bravery, Checking, and Hitting. He's got several "Yellow" attributes that are just shy of "Green". His only "Red" attributes are Anticipation, Creativity, Faceoffs, and Wristshot. None of these are really important to a shutdown defenseman. My scouts say he's got 1-2 potential. If his slapshot improves, could he be like a Chara for us?

The other guy I spotted was a 6'1" Swedish C/RW named Joachim Fagemo. Mentally and physically, he's THE MAN. He's got "Green" ratings in Acceleration, Agility, Speed, Strength, Anticipation, Bravery, Flair and Teamwork. None of his attributes are "Red". His technical attributes are all "Yellow" or "Orange" and pretty close to each other (9-13). My scouts say he's a power forward with 1st line potential. They compare him to a more talented version of Mike Richards. A couple compare him straight up to Jonathan Toews.

So I'm torn here. As a matter of fact, as I'm typing this (epic length) post, I still haven't made the pick. I've been going back and forth trying to decide who to pick. To be honest, the goalie just doesn't measure up to these other guys at this point. And in my opinion, Holmgren just isn't as impressive as Fagemo (to me) if I'm looking at centers. So it's between Herman, the big dman that could be a future Chara and Fagemo, the Swedish center with super impressive physical and mental attributes. Another thing to consider is that Fagemo is under contract to the Kitchner Rangers. He just signed a contract a couple weeks ago. Herman is playing for Litvinov and is in the last year of his contract. No CHL team owns rights to him. In the end, I think I'm going with Herman. I may regret it, because I really love the "toolbox" on Fagemo, but I think Herman has attributes that really suit his role. Maybe in a couple years I'll trade Oduya and bring him in to replace him?

Rd1 - 24th - Miroslav Herman LD 18 years old 6'5" 198lbs CZE

And in round 2, there is another big dilemma! I still need a goalie. My scouts all agree that Rudolf Beck is the best still available. He's ranked 64th and he probably won't still be around in the next round. He's got a 20 in both Flair and Reflexes. He's Czech, so maybe he's the Hasek regen? None of his other attributes really stand out at the moment but maybe he still has to grow into them? My scouts say he's a starting goalie with an acrobatic style. The other two choices are guys my staff have suggested. One is Olech Balicki, a 6'2" 200 lbs RW from Poland. His skating attributes, Flair, and Wristshot are all "Green". The scouts say he's a skilled forward with 1st line potential and compare his game to a Phil Kessel with a bigger frame. Let's hope he doesn't have the same personality! And the other guy my scouts recommended was Gleb Kommisarov, a 6'5" 211 lbs Russian LW. He's a defensive power forward that my scouts compare to some guy I've never heard of named Myles Stoesz, but bigger and better. He's a tough and mean SOB. He's got "Green" ratings in Stamina, Strength, Aggression, Checking, Hitting, and Pokecheck. In the end, I had to go with Beck, the goalie. It's a "need" pick and what if he is the Hasek regen? I can't pass that up.

Rd2 - 54th - Rudolf Beck G 18 years old 5'11" 163 lbs CZE

Rd3 - 84th - Toste Petersson C 18 years old 5'10" 174 lbs SWE
Petersson was a safe pick. Skilled forward with 3rd line potential. He's an all-around player. Nothing really stands out as special but no glaring weaknesses either. My scouts compare him to MA Pouliot.

Rd4 - 114th - Bohomir Shevchenko RW 17 years old 5'10" 165 lbs UKR
A quick forward with 4th line potential. Like Brunnstrom with a smaller frame.

Rd5 - 144th - Erik Tatar C/LW 17 years old 5'11" 176 lbs SVK
A 2-way forward with 3rd line potential. Like a more talented Maxime Talbot.

Rd6 - 174th - Jaroslav Kraus G 18 years old 6'4" 202 lbs CZE
I can always use another goalie. This guy is projected as a backup with a stand-up style. Like a bigger, better version of Petri Vehanen. Has very impressive physical attributes.

Rd7 - 204th - Jesse Bohling RD 18 years old 6'1" 167 lbs FIN
A stay-at-home defenseman with 3-4 potential. Scouts compare him to Andrew Ference.

And that completes my draft. Lots of talent at the top and it was a little harder to pick them out after the first couple rounds. Now that I've wrapped up this epic post, I'll have to get to July 1st so I can get my trades screen and post my stats.

Círyatan
Leading Scorer
Custom Rank: Eagle eyes!

Post by Círyatan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:11 am

I haven't played a day since the last time I posted, haven't had time. But what can you do, eh? :dunno: I wish they paid me for playing EHM, but sadly that doesn't seem too probable. Still, I hope to get back to this Challenge before it wraps up.
bruins72 wrote:Olech Balicki, a 6'2" 200 lbs RW from Poland.
I have never met a Pole with the name "Olech", nor heard of one. The closest thing I can think of is "Olek", which is a diminutive form of "Aleksander" (Polish version of Alexander), seldom (if ever) used officially. Something for you to look into, Manimal. :-p

And a Norwegian skater going first overall? Yeah, EHM sure is full of surprises. :-D By the way, Bill, that Swedish 6'5" centre you passed instantly made me think of Sundin... That would be my dream replacement for Antropov when he finally hangs up his skates.

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:56 pm

Círyatan wrote:
I have never met a Pole with the name "Olech", nor heard of one. The closest thing I can think of is "Olek", which is a diminutive form of "Aleksander" (Polish version of Alexander), seldom (if ever) used officially. Something for you to look into, Manimal. :-p
First names can't be changed or removed in the editor. Only added

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Círyatan wrote:I haven't played a day since the last time I posted, haven't had time. But what can you do, eh? :dunno: I wish they paid me for playing EHM, but sadly that doesn't seem too probable. Still, I hope to get back to this Challenge before it wraps up.
Often, I am paid to play EHM. Well, they don't pay me specifically to play EHM but the only time I ever seem to get to play EHM is when I'm at work. Anyhow, we've still got the rest of March to work on this challenge. Is anyone else still playing? This thread seems to have gone quiet except for my ramblings.
Círyatan wrote:
Interesting. I just went to a first name origins website and looked it up. Olech was not found in their database. Maybe it was a "unique" name that somebody in the original database had. The website did suggest "Olek" as an alternative and said it was the Polish version of Aleksander, as you said.
Círyatan wrote:And a Norwegian skater going first overall? Yeah, EHM sure is full of surprises. :-D By the way, Bill, that Swedish 6'5" centre you passed instantly made me think of Sundin... That would be my dream replacement for Antropov when he finally hangs up his skates.
Yeah, I thought about that Swedish center being Sundin but I don't know. I may kick myself later but that mean and nasty defenseman just called to me.

I've got 2 days left in the July trade window and St. Louis made me an offer for Esposito. He's been looking pretty good down in the AHL and I've been considering bring either him or Cormier up to center my 4th line. Anyhow, they offered me a 20 year defenseman that I wasn't too interested in but just on a whim, I countered their offer, asking for Zach Kassian instead. They'll accept it. But do I really want to spend my trade on a minor move like this? Also, I'm right up against the salary cap right now (actually, on July 13th, my Averaged Club Salary is $400k over the cap). I've been re-signing most of my roster. Maybe I should finally deal Enstrom instead? I'd like to take Kassian but I'm going to have to reject it for now.

blueshirtnParis
Prospect

Re: Challenge 19: Atlanta Thrashers (Discussion Thread)

Post by blueshirtnParis » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:59 am

Im still here. Like you I play mostly at work but its been pretty busy lately.

I forget what season I am in but I'm going all out for the cup this year. My team plays good hockey in the regular season but seems to not be able to get over the playoff hump.

Just passed the trading deadline. Got Patrice Bergeron for 2nd line duties. Had to give up my regen of Roneick for him but it's a win now attitude.

Return to “Challenge Forum”