Challenge 24: Swift Current Broncos (Discussion)

Think you're a good EHM GM? Our GM Challenges dare you to take over a team and make it a winner. The Challenge Forum and Centre are the hubs of our Challenges.

Moderator: Challenge Moderators

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Re: Challenge 24: Swift Current Broncos (Discussion)

Post by bruins72 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:35 am

I just wrapped up my third season with the Broncos. I think it will be the last one I do for the challenge since we've barely got anyone who has completed the second season. I think I'll still play according to challenge rules but I'm going to actively try to get a job in the NHL. I don't know if I want to try for an AHL job. It seems like you can get stuck there and the NHL keeps shuffling the same coaches between the teams. We'll see.

We didn't do as well in the third season as we did in the second. I lost some real talent due to their age and NHL interest. We ended up making a decent playoff run with this team though. We won a 7 games series in the first round, then swept the second round, but lost in five games in the third round. Lethbridge, the team who beat us, ended up going on to win the President's Cup and the Memorial Cup, so I guess that's some consolation. We had a bunch of guys drafted in the later rounds (5 - 7) of the NHL draft. Chase, our top player, wants to be traded because he think he needs to be on another team to succeed. We'll see what happens. Oh and that draft order glitch is still in effect. We selected first in both the Bantam Draft and the Import Draft. I got a killer goaltender in the Bantam Draft and a goal-scoring winger in the Import Draft.

It should be interesting to see where things go!

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:43 pm

THat draft glitch...we should work with that in the future for challenges. When I play in this league on my own...I check where I SHOULD be...and then will not let myself draft any player ranked higher than where I SHOULD have picked. So if I finish 1st, I will not draft anyone ranked higher than 21st in the draft. I actually carry that though the whole draft (calculation of where I Would be picking) but would not do that in the challenges. Too confusing. Just the first round.

In the CHL import draft...I do the same in the WHL, but again too much to deal with in the challenges.

If you just do it for first round of WHL draft a screen shot of where your drafted player was ranked is the only thing you need extra.

JUst a thought.

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:35 am

It's something to consider.

visualdarkness
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by visualdarkness » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:48 am

Dang! I probably won't be able to finish the third season despite being 46 games in and doing good. :doh:

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:31 pm

Do you think you'll be done soon? I can extend for another day but I think we are launching a new challenge on Tuesday (if all goes according to plan).

bruins72
TBL Admin Team

Post by bruins72 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Well... this one is wrapped up! On to the next challenge!

visualdarkness
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by visualdarkness » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:27 pm

bruins72 wrote:Do you think you'll be done soon? I can extend for another day but I think we are launching a new challenge on Tuesday (if all goes according to plan).
Oh, I missed your message and I would have made it but on to the next one instead.

Return to “Challenge Forum”