How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay, online gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
Koekenbakker
Drafted

Re: How's it going in EHM:EA? What team are you?

Post by Koekenbakker » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:48 pm

Oh yeah sorry! I can't find the paragraph about aggressiveness. Did find out however that level of discipline hAsnt got much the do with how good a coach is in training fitness. It says something about how much a coach is in control. As in: is he able to hNdle steve downie ;)

StealthB2X
Top Prospect

Post by StealthB2X » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:17 am

SO, had a *terrible* second season with the Senators, which involved personnel changes aplenty, trading Anderson for Crawford to the Sabres, BUT, the brightside, which I didn't quite realize until the draft lottery is, while I was stockpiling draft picks in every trade I made (had 3 first round picks, includling my own). Well, the Panthers won the draft lottery, moving their pick up to 2nd overall. I now own the 2nd (Panthers, won the lottery), the 3rd (Sabres, part of the huge Crawford/Anderson deal) and the 4th overall picks (my own pick). Now, I noticed the Jets (whom I'd made a few trades with during the season, basement dwellers help each other out I guess! LOL) Anyway, I wanted that first overall pick, and noticed Corey Crawford was unhappy (which was news to me) So, I offloaded him and the 4th overall pick, to the Jets for Michael Garnett and the 1st overall selection.

I'm now selecting 1st, 2nd, and 3rd overall in 2016, which I mean, that's just straight up insane, I'll probably flip a couple picks for a starting goalie and a top Dman. I mean, this was straight up luck (aside from well, trading for the 1st overall selection, and sucking enough to get the 4th overall selection. LOL)

Koekenbakker
Drafted

Post by Koekenbakker » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:03 pm

StealthB2X wrote:SO, had a *terrible* second season with the Senators, which involved personnel changes aplenty, trading Anderson for Crawford to the Sabres, BUT, the brightside, which I didn't quite realize until the draft lottery is, while I was stockpiling draft picks in every trade I made (had 3 first round picks, includling my own). Well, the Panthers won the draft lottery, moving their pick up to 2nd overall. I now own the 2nd (Panthers, won the lottery), the 3rd (Sabres, part of the huge Crawford/Anderson deal) and the 4th overall picks (my own pick). Now, I noticed the Jets (whom I'd made a few trades with during the season, basement dwellers help each other out I guess! LOL) Anyway, I wanted that first overall pick, and noticed Corey Crawford was unhappy (which was news to me) So, I offloaded him and the 4th overall pick, to the Jets for Michael Garnett and the 1st overall selection.

I'm now selecting 1st, 2nd, and 3rd overall in 2016, which I mean, that's just straight up insane, I'll probably flip a couple picks for a starting goalie and a top Dman. I mean, this was straight up luck (aside from well, trading for the 1st overall selection, and sucking enough to get the 4th overall selection. LOL)
Lol, what were your 1st round pick trades? Looks a bit strange to me that so many rebuilding teams give away their picks ;)

Koekenbakker
Drafted

Post by Koekenbakker » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:05 pm

I've just managed to get hold of an old windows laptop for the moment, while I await my Mac arrival. Started a game with the Pens and it's going great (LOL, not!)

Lost first 2 games (2-3 Ducks, 0-4 Leafs), then came back from a 0-4 to 5-4 in OT against Stars. And ofcourse the Isles game ended up being a goalfest (8-4 win).

I'm not going to trade or sign anyone this season, the roster is as it is now. Having quite some difficulty with not trading Scuderi, but luckly he ended up on IR for 4 weeks and Harrington took his place. Fluery is doing a mental breakdown with 4.27 GA, Crosby has just 1 points in 4 games, so yeah, rough start I believe.

Sushamiboy
Top Prospect

Post by Sushamiboy » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:53 pm

I am the Habs now but will do an Edmonton games.

Is there a place on this forum for Dynasty stories? It was one of my favorite things in the SI forums back in the day.

Peter_Doherty
Hall of Fame
Favourite Team: New York Rangers

Post by Peter_Doherty » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:55 pm

Sushamiboy wrote:I am the Habs now but will do an Edmonton games.

Is there a place on this forum for Dynasty stories? It was one of my favorite things in the SI forums back in the day.
http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=90

T6salt
Junior League

Post by T6salt » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:20 pm

I'm not really sure where to ask the questions on the forum, I tried to look it up on google and whatever but I couldn't find anything. How do I train a player in another position? (So he can play LD and RD.) I did the fantasy draft and just chose what my head scouts chose to make it more interesting so now I have about 6 LDs and only 3 players that can play RD, so I want more cover on RD.

Peter_Doherty
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter_Doherty » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:24 pm

T6salt wrote:I'm not really sure where to ask the questions on the forum, I tried to look it up on google and whatever but I couldn't find anything. How do I train a player in another position? (So he can play LD and RD.) I did the fantasy draft and just chose what my head scouts chose to make it more interesting so now I have about 6 LDs and only 3 players that can play RD, so I want more cover on RD.
Go to your practice screen, change the player you want to train in another position to another schedule and setup that schedule as you want, there is a "new position" tab...

T6salt
Junior League

Post by T6salt » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:32 pm

Peter_Doherty wrote:
Go to your practice screen, change the player you want to train in another position to another schedule and setup that schedule as you want, there is a "new position" tab...
http://imgur.com/ALTF0AM Like that?

Peter_Doherty
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter_Doherty » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:46 pm

T6salt wrote:
Peter_Doherty wrote:
http://imgur.com/ALTF0AM Like that?
Yup, it also helps if they play the position you are training them in, makes them learn it faster :)

T6salt
Junior League

Post by T6salt » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:07 pm

Peter_Doherty wrote:
Yup, it also helps if they play the position you are training them in, makes them learn it faster :)
Ah alright, I'm only in pre season so I can do that with little issue, do you know how much faster or is it random?

ClassicSwarley
Checking Line
Custom Rank: Wheel envy
Favourite Team: Philadelphia Flyers

Post by ClassicSwarley » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:39 pm

I drafted 2nd overall, got Eichel and then traded him up to get CMD but I now have the problem of tactics and lines.
I would truly appreciate your effort if you could help me with my ''issue'' that's stated here : http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/vi ... 77#p183477
Thank you!

Jondeez
Junior League

Post by Jondeez » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:42 pm

Ah, finally I made it. Ässät is now one of the Europe's best teams, including stars like Malcolm Subban, Jyrki Jokipakka, Nicklas Jensen, Julius Honka, Mikhail Grabovski, Jussi Jokinen, Pontus Åberg.. and the list goes on and on. Craziest thing is that I spend only 1,8M€ to salaries, which is 4th in league. Three consecutive titles with about 1,4M€ budget.

Daelh
Drafted

Post by Daelh » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:55 pm

Pretty good. On the way for a third run for the cup.

Carey Price UFA 2018 - 6.250 000 *5
Juuse Saros for Nick Merkley 2017

Roman Josi and 2020 Preds 2nd round pick for Nicklas Hjalmarsson, 1st round pick 2020, 2 prospects.
John Moore UFA 2020 - 1 550 000 *3
Nick Ebert UFA 2019 - 775 000*2
John Klingberg Waiver wire 2016
Justin Schultz for Mark Boroiwecki and Clark MacArthur 2016

Justin Abdelkader, Riley Sheahan and Darren Helm for Marc Methot, Erik Gustafsson, Tobias Lindberg, 1st rnd pick 2016, Adam Lowry and Nathan Noel
Brad Marchand, Torey Krug and Ryan Spooner for Mika Zibanejad and Milan Michalek 2015
Brock Nelson UFA 2020 - 2. 250 000 *2
Nick Spaling UFA 2019 - 2. 250 000 * 3
Derrick Brassard UFA 2020 - 3. 570 000 *5
Luke Glendening UFA 2017 - 1. 250 000 *1
Jordan Nolan UFA 2018 - 1. 800 000 *1

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:34 am

First year as GM of Arizona Coyotes. Currently sitting 14th in the Western Conference.

Trades so far:

Shane Doan to FLA in exchange for Vincent Trocheck

Connor Murphy + Prospect to the Wild in exchange for Darcy Kuemper

Anthony Duclair to Oilers in exchange for Brad Hunt and Ben Scrivens

Mike Smith, Anton Karlsson + prospect to Flyers for Brayden Schenn and Luke Schenn

Max Domi, Christian Dvorak, Mark Arcobello to Senators in exchange for Victor Bartley, Alex Chiasson and Mike Hoffman (The board wasn't too happy)

Basically a rebuild is in motion. Gave up some promising prospects for young roster players, but I have a plan in place to get this team back into the playoffs (Assuming board doesn't fire me before then)

I'm also willing to move my 1st round pick of this year. Not that interested in either McDavid or Eichel. Team's bigger need is a top two defensemen. So if I can get a young potential top six forward and a top ten pick, might pull the trigger.

Animal31
Fourth Line
Favourite Team: Abbotsford Heat

Post by Animal31 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:47 am

So my game crashes august 7th 2017

Amazing Kreiderman
Prospect

Post by Amazing Kreiderman » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:20 am

Here's my story so far. Finished my 1st season.

I started off quietly and tried to acquire Patrick Kane. Funny enough, I managed to pull it off! He was injured for another 4 months, and a package of Cam Talbot, Danny Kristo, Ashton Sautner (free agent acquisition) and a 1st round pick (2017).

After that, I got Devan Dubnyk from Minnesota for a 4th round pick.

I then traded my 2018 and 2019 1st round picks, Mike Kostka, Tanner Glass and Matt Hunwick to Arizona for the 2015 1st round picks from them and Chicago. I will worry about the 1st rounders in 2018/19 later on. I just wanted some more picks in the 2015 draft.

I sent McIlrath and a 6th to Minnesota in exchange for Sean Bergenheim.

Free agent signings included:

Austin Czarnik (Miami Redhawks)
Steve Eminger (Providence)
Maxime Fortunus (Texas Stars)

I was ready to go to war with this team:

Lundqvist
Dubnyk

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein
Fortunus, Eminger

Kreider-Stepan-St. Louis
Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Hayes-Bergenheim
Sheppard-Moore-Miller
Czarnik

Then I started thinking... Could I acquire Evander Kane as well? I noticed players with long-term injuries are cheaper and possible to acquire, so why not try it? Well, the following package got me Evander Kane:

Miller+Summers+Tarnasky+Bergenheim+Zamorsky

So, now I had 2 elite wingers, still out for months. What have I done? I was not winning and was ranked 10th for most of the season. In January, both Kanes were ready to join the team and man, what a difference did that make! I won 16 in a row, and Patrick Kane scored 34 goals and added 30 assists in just 42 games!

Lundqvist
Dubnyk

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein
Fortunus, Eminger

P. Kane-Stepan-St. Louis
Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Hayes-E. Kane
Hagelin-Moore-Sheppard
Czarnik

I got into the play offs, won the division even! And got to the conference finals. I lost those to the Canadiens, but my team is ready for another year!

I am getting ready for the draft now. Not sure yet what it will bring, but I will let you guys know

PS: I am working on a facepack for NCAA players now.

umwoz
Minor League

Post by umwoz » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:34 am

CanucksFan1993 wrote:First year as GM of Arizona Coyotes. Currently sitting 14th in the Western Conference.

Trades so far:

Mike Smith, Anton Karlsson + prospect to Flyers for Brayden Schenn and Luke Schenn

Max Domi, Christian Dvorak, Mark Arcobello to Senators in exchange for Victor Bartley, Alex Chiasson and Mike Hoffman (The board wasn't too happy)

Basically a rebuild is in motion. Gave up some promising prospects for young roster players, but I have a plan in place to get this team back into the playoffs (Assuming board doesn't fire me before then)

I'm also willing to move my 1st round pick of this year. Not that interested in either McDavid or Eichel. Team's bigger need is a top two defensemen. So if I can get a young potential top six forward and a top ten pick, might pull the trigger.
Rather curious that your rebuild starts with trading away your top 2 prospects. I'm sure you've got a plan in mind though.

I agree with you about McDavid and Eichel though. In this DB they are rather underrated, neither one is an NHL quality player by the second season. The draft as a whole could use a bit(and I'm sure is getting a bit) of work. Guys like Marner and Strome don't really even look like NHL prospects.

umwoz
Minor League

Post by umwoz » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:37 am

T6salt wrote:I'm not really sure where to ask the questions on the forum, I tried to look it up on google and whatever but I couldn't find anything. How do I train a player in another position? (So he can play LD and RD.) I did the fantasy draft and just chose what my head scouts chose to make it more interesting so now I have about 6 LDs and only 3 players that can play RD, so I want more cover on RD.
From my experience if you are going to have 6 left handed defensemen, regardless of if they "can" play the position the game will burn you for it.

Marmoset
Junior League

Post by Marmoset » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:08 am

I decided to try playing as the Maple Leafs and get the rebuild going. This has the added benefit of immediately removing Dave Nonis as Leafs GM.

Aside from the draft issues I mentioned in another thread (trade scenarios to move up don't seem realistic), I thought the deals I was being offered for key players seemed quite reasonable. I ended up moving Phil Kessel to Nashville for Ryan Ellis, Jussi Saros, and there 2016 first-round pick. That deal and a similar one from Anaheim were the only ones that made sense.

My season was derailed by my defence being ravaged by injuries - Phaneuf missed 3 months, and after the Kessel trade Ellis got hurt in his second game and missed most of the rest of the year. There were others as well. Kadri had a poor season, which I've seen other people mention to, but it could be coincidence. Joakim Lindstrom actually ended up being very good and I got a nice collection of picks for him at the deadline.

Most Leafs prospects are following their real-life path. Nylander, Connor Brown, Percy all did well, while Ross, Biggs, etc. didn't do much. Only Matt Finn really stood out as different , but maybe he did much better simply because he wasn't injured.

Amazingly, after a full season I ended up with the 4th pick in the draft (where the Leafs currently sit in real life) and I had to choose between Marner and Strome, also just like many people are expecting. I ended up choosing Dylan Strome based on 'mental' attributes being a little higher, but it was very close.

The thing I'm most curious about is what happens with Nathan Horton. He's now "healthy", although I was warned somewhere that his injuries may be chronic. If he can play like the Horton that earned $6 million a year, this rebuild might be a little quicker than planned.

Daelh
Drafted

Post by Daelh » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:14 am

umwoz wrote:
CanucksFan1993 wrote:First year as GM of Arizona Coyotes. Currently sitting 14th in the Western Conference.

Trades so far:

Rather curious that your rebuild starts with trading away your top 2 prospects. I'm sure you've got a plan in mind though.

I agree with you about McDavid and Eichel though. In this DB they are rather underrated, neither one is an NHL quality player by the second season. The draft as a whole could use a bit(and I'm sure is getting a bit) of work. Guys like Marner and Strome don't really even look like NHL prospects.
Yeah I thought the same thing. Why do you start your rebuild by trading away perhaps two of the best prospects in the game? Domi is a beast in my save and racking up 80 points every season and has 20 in Speed, stickhandling, passing, deking, creativity and so on. Duclair is a 0.80 point per game producer as well. Hoffman and Chiasson is pretty rubbish, I know, I had them with Senators for years. Hoffman has spent the last 4 seasons in the second division in Russia with Lokomotiv Yaroslav reserve team. Chiasson is 0.50 point per game on the same line as Crosby.

Max Domi

Koekenbakker
Drafted

Post by Koekenbakker » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:17 pm

2 months into regular season and 4 head coaches have been fired (Jets, Sens, Sabres, Colorado). LOL! :-D

Koekenbakker
Drafted

Post by Koekenbakker » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:43 pm

:'(

9th in conference, can't get the team going and Fluery is failing. Lost like 7 OT games already. Quite often we're behind in 1st and 2nd.. not going well.

And now:

Jondeez
Junior League

Post by Jondeez » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:14 pm

Maybe too OP team to Liiga.. you guys have any suggests for next project? Europe? NHL?

CeeBee
All-Star

Post by CeeBee » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:47 pm

Koekenbakker wrote::'(

9th in conference, can't get the team going and Fluery is failing. Lost like 7 OT games already. Quite often we're behind in 1st and 2nd.. not going well.
I'm finding out that what worked very well for me in EHM07 is not working very good at all in EHM EA. That includes my tactics, my lineup and pretty much my whole judging of player talent. Right now I am flat out terrible. Went from middle of the playoff picture in the west to 8th place with 12 straight losses and nothing I do, including letting the coach do all the tactics, lines and game stuff is working. Most of the team has really bad stats and ratings so I'm going for McDavid. Maybe getting him will make me feel better :oops:

Return to “General EHM Chat”