The Blue Line

How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Useful Links: EHM 2005 GuideEHM 2007 GuideEHM:EA ChangelistEHM:EA User Manual

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby Rono » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:25 pm

I'm in 2087 with Flyers.
Only six or seven seasons I didn't play for Flyers. Between 2038-2046 I think.
I dnd't want SC in only 4 seasons.

Do you want any screenshots from this carrer? For example most carrer games etc. If yes, tell me.
User avatar
Rono
Junior League
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:20 pm
Points: 0.37

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby Filip Croatia » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:14 pm

Rono wrote:I'm in 2087 with Flyers.
Only six or seven seasons I didn't play for Flyers. Between 2038-2046 I think.
I dnd't want SC in only 4 seasons.

Do you want any screenshots from this carrer? For example most carrer games etc. If yes, tell me.


Yes, how many leagues you have selected ? Give me medalist from IIHF World Championship :)
User avatar
Filip Croatia
Minor League
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:55 pm
Points: 2.32

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby Rono » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:01 pm

Only fives. I don't care for Europe leagues.
NHL - enhanced
CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL, Memorial Cup) - view only

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Rono
Junior League
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:20 pm
Points: 0.37

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby philou21 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:24 am

17-18 season is over, my first has the Montreal Canadiens GM!

We finished 9th in the east, lost the playoffs spot to the Wings at the very last game of the season but anyway it wasn't my goal to make them. The team did better than I expected (offensively) and of course that darn Price stole games all by himself for 3/4 of the season before I traded him close to the deadline. Just before the draft I also traded Pacioretty away, he joined his old friend Subban in Nashville. :-p

I forgot to take a screen cap of the player's season before hitting july 1st so here's the top 5 for the team:

Drouin: 40-49=89 in 75 games
Pacioretty: 35-49=85 in 72 games
Galchenyuk: 26-41=67 in 69 games
Gallagher: 22-28=50 in 78 games
Lekhonen: 20-26-46 in 82 games

Drouin did pretty well alongside Galchenyuk and Pacioretty. Only Galchenyuk had troubles with his performance ratio though with a poor 7.03. He managed to be more than a PPG most of the season before february than fell behind until the end of the season.

Sent back to London before the season, Victor Mete had a stunning year! He won CHL defenseman of the year and went 10-48=58 in 61 games with a 7.97 ratio. :thup:
User avatar
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One
 
Posts: 9,218
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:15 pm
Points: 92.25

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby CJ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:44 am

What did you get for Price?
User avatar
CJ
Formerly jhcjobpb
TBL Rosters Researcher
 
Posts: 3,390
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:34 pm
Points: 54.93

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby philou21 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:29 pm

CJ wrote:What did you get for Price?


I didn't wanted to get players for Price since I thought at his age nobody would want to give young prospects for him. So I tried my best to balance how many picks a guy like Price could land. IIRC I asked for two first rounder, 1 second rounder and a third or a fourth rounder.

To my surprise, the fans and the board didn't cared at all! :D Maybe because it was the Olympics nobody noticed the trade. :ninja:

When I traded Pacioretty though...oh boy what a pants storm I did.
User avatar
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One
 
Posts: 9,218
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:15 pm
Points: 92.25

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby Jetstone » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:01 am

I think that's the first time I have ever heard of the phrase "pants storm"
Jetstone
Junior League
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:12 am
Points: 0.12

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby philou21 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:18 am

Pants is the swear filter for, well, Adam Oates. :D

Edit: What? It's Adam Oates now? Awesome. :-D
User avatar
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One
 
Posts: 9,218
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:15 pm
Points: 92.25

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby CJ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:14 pm

philou21 wrote:Pants is the swear filter for, well, Adam Oates. :D

Edit: What? It's Adam Oates now? Awesome. :-D

Was the word changed between your two posts? :-D
User avatar
CJ
Formerly jhcjobpb
TBL Rosters Researcher
 
Posts: 3,390
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:34 pm
Points: 54.93

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby Tasku » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:34 pm

It seems that saying the word in a certain way will result in "pants" and other way will result in "Adam Oates".

I'm happy we got that cleared. :-D
User avatar
Tasku
W-WPoTBLfaSaD
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 7,835
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:36 pm
Points: 100.09

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby CJ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:00 pm

Tasku wrote:It seems that saying the word in a certain way will result in "pants" and other way will result in "Adam Oates".

I'm happy we got that cleared. :-D

https://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/oatesface-angry.jpeg
Didn't wanna post as JPEG as the pic is so big.. :-D
User avatar
CJ
Formerly jhcjobpb
TBL Rosters Researcher
 
Posts: 3,390
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:34 pm
Points: 54.93

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby philou21 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Let's get back on topic now. :D
User avatar
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One
 
Posts: 9,218
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:15 pm
Points: 92.25

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby philou21 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:51 am

18-19 season is about to start and we're ranked dead last in the NHL in the season's preview. I did my job it seems. :D

During the summer I signed Marchesseault to a 4 years deal worth 3.8 millions per years. He wanted something like 6 years but there was no way I was gonna give him that. I decided to sign back Pleckanec, mostly to save me from having fines related to the salary floor but it wasn't enough. So the only player available that was speaking french was Roussel, which I signed for one year worth 3 millions. He was asking four years but I wasn't interested at all. Maybe he'll be gone at the deadline. :D

Some young players did really good at the training camp, so I hope they'll develop well. Among those I have Adam Boqvist (#37 at the draft), Ikonen and Filip Zadina (4th overall). Despite their still weak attributes they really did well. Juulsen also was pretty good and during the summer his defensive stats got quite better but his lack of speed is playing against him.

So here's my superb line-up for the season:

Lekhonen-Galchenyuk-Drouin
Marchesseault-Danault-Gallagher
Roussel-Froese-Byron
Deslauriers-Plekanec-Carr

Alzer-Weber
Mete-Schlemko
Jerabek-Girard (I aquired him when I shipped Pacioretty to Nashville)

Lindgren
Montoya

So let's say I'm going to sim this one quickly but I will scout carefully for the next draft. The prospects looked interesting but I don't really aim at the 1st overall pick. If I pick top 5 I'll be happy. Let's get this over with. :D
User avatar
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One
 
Posts: 9,218
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:15 pm
Points: 92.25

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby uknownick » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:16 am

When you trade players, before you click on "confirm", set the player status as "no longer needed". I found the board and fans won't care at all if I change these guys' status before trading them away. Sometimes they even celebrate different "steals" with me (traded Yandle for Tampa's first rounders in 2019, 2020, 2021 since I found a cheaper and younger replacement in Tyson Barrie).
User avatar
uknownick
Junior League
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:49 am
Points: 0.29

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby uknownick » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:19 am

philou21 wrote:18-19 season is about to start and we're ranked dead last in the NHL in the season's preview. I did my job it seems. :D

During the summer I signed Marchesseault to a 4 years deal worth 3.8 millions per years. He wanted something like 6 years but there was no way I was gonna give him that. I decided to sign back Pleckanec, mostly to save me from having fines related to the salary floor but it wasn't enough. So the only player available that was speaking french was Roussel, which I signed for one year worth 3 millions. He was asking four years but I wasn't interested at all. Maybe he'll be gone at the deadline. :D

Some young players did really good at the training camp, so I hope they'll develop well. Among those I have Adam Boqvist (#37 at the draft), Ikonen and Filip Zadina (4th overall). Despite their still weak attributes they really did well. Juulsen also was pretty good and during the summer his defensive stats got quite better but his lack of speed is playing against him.

So here's my superb line-up for the season:

Lekhonen-Galchenyuk-Drouin
Marchesseault-Danault-Gallagher
Roussel-Froese-Byron
Deslauriers-Plekanec-Carr

Alzer-Weber
Mete-Schlemko
Jerabek-Girard (I aquired him when I shipped Pacioretty to Nashville)

Lindgren
Montoya

So let's say I'm going to sim this one quickly but I will scout carefully for the next draft. The prospects looked interesting but I don't really aim at the 1st overall pick. If I pick top 5 I'll be happy. Let's get this over with. :D


I think 2019 is a weaker draft compared to 2018 (Dahlin) or 2020 (lafreniere)
User avatar
uknownick
Junior League
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:49 am
Points: 0.29

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby philou21 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:51 pm

The top 3 so far definitely looks weak compared to the one of 2018. I'll try my best to make the right decisions.
User avatar
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One
 
Posts: 9,218
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:15 pm
Points: 92.25

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby braeden » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:50 am

philou21 wrote:The top 3 so far definitely looks weak compared to the one of 2018. I'll try my best to make the right decisions.

You should join us for the new challenge. It's with the Habs! 8-)
braeden
Top Prospect
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:12 pm
Points: 5.30
Trophies:  1   2

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby philou21 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:57 am

braeden wrote:
philou21 wrote:The top 3 so far definitely looks weak compared to the one of 2018. I'll try my best to make the right decisions.

You should join us for the new challenge. It's with the Habs! 8-)


I never did the challenges here. I prefer to play at my own pace and with my own rules. I'll be pretty occupied in the upcoming weeks on top of that. :D
User avatar
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One
 
Posts: 9,218
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:15 pm
Points: 92.25

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby philou21 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:42 am

Second season with Montreal is over and I'm proud to say it's my worst season in my EHM career as long as I recall. :D We finished dead last in the east and equal with Calgary as the worst team in the NHL with 64 points. Our record stands at 29-47-6. It's not THAT bas but Galchenyuk and Drouin gave us some lucky wins because Lindgren and Montoya were a-w-f-u-l.

Here's the team stats:

Image

With Pacioretty gone I put Lehkonen on the first line and it helped him boost his stats alot because his attributes never went up. Galchenyuk finished second overall in the NHL for points and Mete had a pretty good first NHL season IMO.

At the draft we lost the lottery but still managed to pick at the 4th spot. I decided to go with Alex Newhook despite his high agression. In the second round I took a random shot at a good rated goalie in hopes he ends up good but only the futur will tell.

In the off-season I will probably don't have much options but to resign random people to boost my cap floor if I don't want any troubles. I'll probably keep Plekanec again so he can maybe finished his career with us without really playing. :D
User avatar
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One
 
Posts: 9,218
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:15 pm
Points: 92.25

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby mush » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:54 am

Roster 10.1 taking over for Vancouver Canucks GM in 2017/2018 season. Wanting badly to win their first cup for one of the best cities in the world . Exciting rookie brock boeser had 46 pts in 42 gp mid january just like in real life. My expectations as gm were to make the playoffs with the roster i have and my god the nucks were first in the west by mid december and never relinquist their spot on top for the rest of the regular season.
Notable stand outs on the roster for 2018:
Brock Boeser put his stamp on the nhl in his rookie year establishing himself as one of the most dangerous wingers in the league. With 42 goals and 44 assists for 86 pts in only 68 gp he owns the best AVR In the nhl at 8.32 as well as the best goals per game and points per game average. All this in his first year of playing hasn't been done since alex ovechkin in 2006 . Boesers season was so good that he finished 2nd in league scoring with only 68gp behind only seguin on the stars who had 94 poonts. Boeser has gotta be a hart trophy candidate and he will take home the calder as best rookie.

From the rookie too 37 year old twins . henrik sedin last year had 50 points his lowest since 2013 /2014 had a great surprise season finishing 18th in league scoring with 28 goals (his second highest goals in career) 45 assists for 73 pts in 81 gp.
Brother daniel recorded 26 goals 40 assists 66 pts 22 more pts than last year .
Alex edler finished top 5 in defense scoring with 51 pts
Starting line up for playoffs:
Goldobin- Horvat - Boeser
D.Sedin - h. Sedin - Erickson
Bartschi- Sutter - Dorset
Vanek - Granlund - Gagner
Defense.
Hutton - Tanev
Del Zotto - Gudbranson
Edler - Stecher
Goalies
Nilsson
Demko

Regular season record
82 - 54 -19 - 9 (291gf) (221ga)
mush
Junior League
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:57 pm
Points: 0.50

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby mush » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:02 am

can anyone telll me how to post in game screenshots on the forums ?
mush
Junior League
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:57 pm
Points: 0.50

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby mush » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:44 am

start of playoffs we had to battle the avs in first round defeating them in 6 games . Our leading scorer was Henrik Sedin with 9 points . other teams to advance were washington , ottawa, New jersey, PIttsburg, minnesota, los angelas, winnipeg . we face off against the kings second round!
mush
Junior League
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:57 pm
Points: 0.50

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby philou21 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:51 pm

mush wrote:can anyone telll me how to post in game screenshots on the forums ?



When I'm taking screenshots I upload them to Imgur and use the "Img" icon in the tool bar. Then you can place the direct link between it.
User avatar
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One
 
Posts: 9,218
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:15 pm
Points: 92.25

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby CJ » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:10 pm

philou21 wrote:
mush wrote:can anyone telll me how to post in game screenshots on the forums ?



When I'm taking screenshots I upload them to Imgur and use the "Img" icon in the tool bar. Then you can place the direct link between it.

And to take a picture of your screen, use the "print screen" button if you're using Windows.
User avatar
CJ
Formerly jhcjobpb
TBL Rosters Researcher
 
Posts: 3,390
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:34 pm
Points: 54.93

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Postby archibalduk » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:06 am

You can also press Alt+Print Screen to just capture the current window rather than your whole screen (it saves you having to crop the picture).
User avatar
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 18,866
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:44 pm
Points: 199.89
Trophies:  1   2   1

PreviousNext

Return to General EHM Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests