How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay, online gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.

Useful Links: EHM 2005 GuideEHM 2007 GuideEHM 1 ChangelistEHM:EA User Manual
SadSleeper
Prospect
Favourite Team: New Jersey Devils

Re: How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

Post by SadSleeper » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:26 pm

any possibility to get TBL rosters updated with affiliates for 2018/2019 (Vegas,Colorado,Blues)

Admin note: Please do not take this thread off topic.

SadSleeper
Prospect

Post by SadSleeper » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:42 pm

great thanks for help

philou21
The Great One
Custom Rank: 24 cups!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by philou21 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:53 pm

SadSleeper wrote:great thanks for help
For any demands for the rosters update go to the Roster Thread for your questions. It's pretty easy to find it. :dunno:

alexob18
Second Line

Post by alexob18 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:33 pm

Well, I'm in the 2021-2022 season, having won the Cup in 2019, 2020 and just losing in 2021 to Vancouver.

Notable changes:

Calgary couldn't sign Matt Tkachuk, so naturally I was there to swoop in, trading my top goalie prospect and a roster player (can't remember who at the moment) for his rights, signing him to a 2 year deal worth 5M/year. He's been re-signed to a 7 year, 8.25M deal after putting up 48 and 49 goal seasons on the 2nd line.

Tampa couldn't come to terms with Sergachev, so out went 2 2nds and another really good prospect. Cue the most disgusting D corps in the NHL.
Victor Rask, Jaccob Slavin and Brett Pesce were offloaded for a boatload of picks due to cap constraints.

Lines look like this:

Aho - Staal - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Wise - Teravainen
T. Weiss - Filpe - Chaisson
Jenner - Necas - Comtois

Dahlin - Faulk
Hanifin - Sergachev
Martynov - Lauuonen (sp)

Dell
Varlamov

Prospect pool is LOADED. Last year, Wise, Weiss and Dahlin were in the top 3 for the Calder. Somehow, Dahlin beat out Wise (71p) with only 39 points, but now that Dahlin is on the top pair, he has 21p in 16gp.
Staal continually farms Selkes, Aho has won the Bing 2x and the Art Ross once, and Tkachuk is always in the running for the Rocket.

Faulk and Hanifin have won the Norris every single year they've been under my control, but it's Dahlin's to lose now. I have 4 1st rounders in this draft due to some futures trading, Slavin bringing back 3 himself. There was just no room with Dahlin and Sergachev coming in - I think Hanifin will have to go soon to make room for the new wave of draft picks.

I have 2 kids in Sweden at the moment that are looking like they may become 2nd liners, their technicals are absolutely off the charts, but their physicals leave something to be desired. Might be pushing Wise to 1st Line, goodbye Staal, hello new wave of kids!

Here's to a successful cup run again!

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:58 pm

Glad to see Wise has some success for you too! I really like him so far.

alexob18
Second Line

Post by alexob18 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:47 pm

philou21 wrote:Glad to see Wise has some success for you too! I really like him so far.
Jake Wise is excellent - I have to say, 71 pts as a rookie and NOT winning the Calder was a slap in the face to the kid. I tossed Victor Rask aside (partially for $4M in cap savings and someone offered a 1st and change for the guy) to let Wise get some more ice time. With Filpe and my other prospects knocking on the door, I think Staal will be gone very soon. Same with Jenner and likely Tkachuk.

Grentroz
Junior League
Favourite Team: Edmonton Oilers

Post by Grentroz » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:36 am

4th season is over

And this screenshot sums it all :-D :-D :-D :-D :

Yep, my first Cup ! Although it took 7 games to take care of Columbus, I can say that the team dominated the rest of the playoffs. Had a 9-2 game vs Edmonton and an 8-1 against Pittsburgh. Team finished with a 4.00 GA in the playoffs. Top player were Drouin, Eberle and Hall (25-26-27 pts respectively).

During the season, Nugent-Hopkins had 81 pts, Hall and Drouin both had 83 and Eberle finished at 93. Team had 119 pts, 8 more than second most (Winnipeg).

Now standing right in front of the draft and free agency. What to do with Gallahger. He wants 6 millions, but he's on the 3rd line and had only 37 pts. I'll probably trade him...which bothers me 'cause I like the guy a lot. Otherwise, I made no trades nor free agent signing during the season. I mean...why risk screwing up the chemestry when the team is crushing everything on its path :-D

Onward to the draft and free agents!

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:48 am

Is your goal to make MTL the Oilers of 5 years ago with that line-up? :D

Grentroz
Junior League

Post by Grentroz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:45 am

philou21 wrote:Is your goal to make MTL the Oilers of 5 years ago with that line-up? :D
Dunno what you are talking about :razz:

Should I mention that the 2 FA I submitted some offers are Yakupov and Duclair :joy: More Edmonton rejects!

EDIT : Yakupov signed with me and Duclair went...somewhere else. So yup, more Edmonton rejects :razz:

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:30 pm

After dealing with some sickness and some baby tasks, I've finally been able to sit down a play a bit in two weeks or so. Fifth season is about to start in MTL and we finally left the bottom of the season's preview ranking! We're now pointing at position #22!

During the summer I made a new addition, even though it wasn't required but I couldn't left a good frenchie in the UFA. Julien Gauthier wasn't resigned by the Hurricanes and despite some shady mental attributes and a small lack of speed, I decided to sign him to a four years deal with an average of 4.5 millions per year. It's a small risk IMO and if it doesn't work out for him, I've got plenty of prospects to take his place next season. At that value, I shouldn't have any problems trading him either. We got also approched by Trushkov agent and I decided to sign him since there wasn't any options for me in the net. Langford is developping very well but there's no way I'm taking him in the NHL at 19 years old.

So this year the line-up gets even younger! With the exception of 9 players, the rest of the team is under 25 years old! I've got 5 players in their second NHL year and 2 new rookies who will break the ice. (Maybe even more who knows) So here's the line-up for the upcoming season:

Drouin-Galchenyuk-Gauthier
Zadina-Wise-Marchessault
Newhook-Danault-Wahlstrom
Carrier-Ikonen-Lemieux
Deslauriers

Girard-Weber
Alzner-Boqvist
Mete-Barron
Jerabek

Lindgren
Trushkov

It took a bit of time but here are the screenshots of most of my top prospects if you guys are curious:

Zadina https://i.imgur.com/DaYllHS.jpg Still lacking some defense but they're going up slowly.
Wise https://i.imgur.com/v3I95yY.jpg Looking good so far. Nothing to say bout him!
Newhook https://i.imgur.com/DklM6t3.jpg Newhook is predicted to be top line material but I'm not sure. He'll sure do a fine second/third center though but he hasn't stop growning yet.
Wahlstrom https://i.imgur.com/tVaQTCn.jpg Horrible defense stats and purely offensive. I'm trying him despite that but I'm not sure I'll keep him for long. Especially with Hellgren and Hemsky coming.
Hellgren https://i.imgur.com/47cyTes.jpg He keeps improving but not his speed. So I'll have to check that out closely. Could be a problem.
Hemsky https://i.imgur.com/lOmXz6N.jpg My 4th or 5th pick in 2019. Looks good for a late pick!
Boqvist https://i.imgur.com/BrSo1nC.jpg Like I said before, Boqvist defense is horrible but the rest seems to compensate. He's an untouchable for me and he hasn't stop growing anyway.
Barron https://i.imgur.com/MEppNSb.jpg 2nd overall pick in 2020. Predicted to be a Seth Jones/Joey Morrisson clone. I have high hope for this big guy.
Stevens https://i.imgur.com/M1qhHQn.jpg Another top-d prospect. Needs to improve his defense but he's starting to look solid already.
Langford https://i.imgur.com/LDYY1A4.jpg My top goalie prospect. When I drafted him, he barely had any green attributes. So he's developping very fast so far. Played 3 pre-season games and killed it. Starting to dominate the AHL as well.

Futur looks bright enough. :)

Grentroz
Junior League

Post by Grentroz » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:00 am

Starting season 5. Will Montreal have back-to-back Cup? Lost Gallagher to the free agent market. He wanted way too much for a 3rd liner (in my line-up) and refused my 5 millions offer. He signed for 9.2 millions in Edmonton :-?

I signed Nail Yakupov during the off season. Moar Edmonton rejects in Montreal! Gonna rename that team soon I guess. Also traded Xavier Ouellet for Madison Bowey on a 1 on 1 trade. Got a better defenseman for less money and younger to boot!

Below is my lineup before 2021-2022. Replace Kislin for Mete and McCarron for Hudon. Both guys are injured

Is there any way to dictate how a prospect develops? Like when he plays in the junior or american university? Is it possible to tell a prospect to try to work on a particular area? Or that's only possible if they are with the NHL team through practice?

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:23 am

If you want your prospects to develop the way you want. You would need to take control of the team they're playing with at each level. :-p

Zavier
Junior League
Favourite Team: Vancouver Canucks

Post by Zavier » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:43 pm

I think I need a new challenge

https://ibb.co/hfx0AH

I did the fantasy draft. I think I'm going to try to work my way up from juniors now after winning 13 of 14 cups.
I didn't lose a game in the playoffs this season after losing my Art Ross centre, Joey Veleno to free agency in the off season and being decimated with injuries.

Key players I've had through the years:

Goalies: Ben Bishop > Vitek Vanecek
Defense: Best Player in the History of the NHL: PK Subban*
Slater Koekkoek, Mackenzie Fraser
Forwards: Tyler Seguin > Joey Veleno, Gustav Nyqvist > Andrei Burakovsky

*Subban has won 9 Hart Trophies, 11 Norris Trophies (Finally beaten by Mackenzie Fraser the past two seasons), 1 Conn Smythe, 1 Pearson, and 1 Art Ross trophy.

KWPower
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Washington Capitals

Post by KWPower » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:11 am

First seasons appears to be over in my journey to an NHL dynasty save file for the Nippon Paper Cranes. We won first in the league with 86 points (23-9-7-3) and were 6 points ahead of the Oji Eagles. https://imgur.com/a/VbvYM
Former AHLer Dave Bonk has carved out a nice niche in the ALIH as a star scorer, picking up his 7th straight point per game season and first ever leader in goals, assists and points. At age 35, he may already be thinking about retirement though.

Here are the individual player stats for the team: https://imgur.com/a/zTyW8
And lastly the team lines: https://imgur.com/a/ywnEN

Overall this year has been pretty boring. I'd like to move to a higher tier league but to no avail have my numerous job inquires landed me another team. I've nothing left to prove in this league, bringing a team ranked 5th out of 6th to first in the league without making any moves (player budget was right against the edge and tbh I didn't think I'd be with the team long anyways) to the lineup by just hiring a better albeit still horrible Japanese coach to replace the initial one. I imagine I'll let most players walk to free agency (the entire roster is up for this year ugh) only re-signing a couple players due to management being extremely stingy and not letting me put the funds towards our best players. I'm thinking a second tier european team might be interested in giving me a chance at their front office job given my reputation improving to good from OK over the year so it's only a matter of time before the next post about my new team.

SadSleeper
Prospect

Post by SadSleeper » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:01 am

any idea when new update of 10.1 database wil be released?:

Admin note: Please do not take this thread off topic (again).

SadSleeper
Prospect

Post by SadSleeper » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:40 am

I just need to get answer not send my post to other room.

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:14 am

SadSleeper wrote:I just need to get answer not send my post to other room.
We have multiple section for all kind of questions. This thread here is for people who likes to tell what's going on in their game. If you have questions regarding the roster, post it in the TBL Roster thread section.

Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

Post by Tasku » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:18 am

... and with this particular question all you need to do is go to the TBL Rosters forum and see the big red box at the top of the page.

KWPower
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Washington Capitals

Post by KWPower » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:42 pm

Well, I have a new team now. After a good season placing third in the Allsvenskan, MODO must have had their general manager signed to a better team or fired. The ladder is really unlikely I'd say. Anyway, the team looks pretty good, here's the report: Image

Grentroz
Junior League

Post by Grentroz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:50 pm

Season 5 is over. Finished 4th in the East and got beaten in 6 games by Toronto in the first round. Tampa Bay won the cup against Nashville.

2021-2022 is an Olympic year. Canada decided to go with someone else for the Olympic team, so I offered my services to the enemy THE USA!! I hoped to win against Canada to spite them...and got taken out in quarterfinals...by Canada ](*,) They ended up winning the tournament.

Pretty short summary. Not much happened. Gonna trade/release a truckload of players before July 1st because I have too many contracts and too many naff prospects...Time to remake the prospect pool

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:52 pm

Season 5 is over for me too. We clinched the President Trophy with a record of 55-19-8 good for 118 pts. I've never such a good record with goalies that bad. Thanks team tactics! :D We lead the NHL with 325 goals scored and Winnipeg is behind us with 288! They also finished one point behind us. We lost in the Conference Finale against Philly who went to win the Cup against the Jets.

Here's the team stats for the season:

Has you guys can see, offensively it's been a succes. Five players over a PPG, two 40 goals scorer and three over 30. Girard and Weber both got the best season of their career. Gauthier's signature alsor turned out pretty good for us.

Laval got an amazing season too but couldn't win the Calder Cup for a second year in a row. Like I expected, Langford dominated the AHL. Finishing with a record of 39-8-2, 2.03 GAA, .917% and 7.70 of average performance. His growth slowed down a bit during the season but he's definitely ready for the NHL. Justin Barron started the season with us but when he turned 20 I sent him down, he did alright but I doubt he'll start the next season with us, is growth was pretty slow too. Now Basem Stevens and Anton Hellgren, those two dominated the AHL and will certainly play for us next season. Both were at their first pro season. Stevens finished with a record of 15-48=63 in 76 games with a ratio of 7.58. Hellgren stats are 47-32=79 in 72 games with a ratio of 7.89. Both also improved their attributes alot so it's encouraging.

Now for the off-season we'll lose some players. With Stevens emergence, Alzner will not be resigned, despite him been sad by the situation. Jerabek will be free too and Marchessault decided that he wanted to test the UFA market, probably asking for a 8-10 millions contract. Anyway Hellgren will gladly take his place! I still have one spot left in defense though but I noticed a certain PK Subban hasn't resigned yet with Nashville. Would be fun to bring him back for a couple of seasons.

uknownick
Junior League
Favourite Team: Detroit Red Wings

Post by uknownick » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:53 pm

philou21 wrote:Season 5 is over for me too. We clinched the President Trophy with a record of 55-19-8 good for 118 pts. I've never such a good record with goalies that bad. Thanks team tactics! :D We lead the NHL with 325 goals scored and Winnipeg is behind us with 288! They also finished one point behind us. We lost in the Conference Finale against Philly who went to win the Cup against the Jets.

Has you guys can see, offensively it's been a succes. Five players over a PPG, two 40 goals scorer and three over 30. Girard and Weber both got the best season of their career. Gauthier's signature alsor turned out pretty good for us.

Laval got an amazing season too but couldn't win the Calder Cup for a second year in a row. Like I expected, Langford dominated the AHL. Finishing with a record of 39-8-2, 2.03 GAA, .917% and 7.70 of average performance. His growth slowed down a bit during the season but he's definitely ready for the NHL. Justin Barron started the season with us but when he turned 20 I sent him down, he did alright but I doubt he'll start the next season with us, is growth was pretty slow too. Now Basem Stevens and Anton Hellgren, those two dominated the AHL and will certainly play for us next season. Both were at their first pro season. Stevens finished with a record of 15-48=63 in 76 games with a ratio of 7.58. Hellgren stats are 47-32=79 in 72 games with a ratio of 7.89. Both also improved their attributes alot so it's encouraging.

Now for the off-season we'll lose some players. With Stevens emergence, Alzner will not be resigned, despite him been sad by the situation. Jerabek will be free too and Marchessault decided that he wanted to test the UFA market, probably asking for a 8-10 millions contract. Anyway Hellgren will gladly take his place! I still have one spot left in defense though but I noticed a certain PK Subban hasn't resigned yet with Nashville. Would be fun to bring him back for a couple of seasons.
Time to improve the defense and goalie. Offense looks very solid. Those +/- look not bad either.

uknownick
Junior League
Favourite Team: Detroit Red Wings

Post by uknownick » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:59 pm

Grentroz wrote:Season 5 is over. Finished 4th in the East and got beaten in 6 games by Toronto in the first round. Tampa Bay won the cup against Nashville.

2021-2022 is an Olympic year. Canada decided to go with someone else for the Olympic team, so I offered my services to the enemy THE USA!! I hoped to win against Canada to spite them...and got taken out in quarterfinals...by Canada ](*,) They ended up winning the tournament.

Pretty short summary. Not much happened. Gonna trade/release a truckload of players before July 1st because I have too many contracts and too many naff prospects...Time to remake the prospect pool
Gotta watch those contract spaces. I have ran into similar problems a few times. :-(

Grentroz
Junior League

Post by Grentroz » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:05 am

uknownick wrote:
Grentroz wrote:Season 5 is over. Finished 4th in the East and got beaten in 6 games by Toronto in the first round. Tampa Bay won the cup against Nashville.

Gotta watch those contract spaces. I have ran into similar problems a few times. :-(
It's so easy to just sign everybody...

Anyway, I didn't want to bother with those numerous contracts. Plus I made quite a few mistakes when grooming my prospects that I had basically nothing good in the system. Soooo, after going through Shindigs (Hope I didn't screw up the spelling) topic on scouting, I decided to restart my career.

Still with the Habs, I'll also take control of the AHL affiliate, Laval Rocket.

Therefore, during the off-season before the 1st season, I did nothing drastic within the line-up. I simply claimed Curtis Lazar off the waivers from Calgary. At 22, there's still hope to make something good outta him.

The training staff was replaced in most parts...about 70% of the staff is new for the next season. Hoping this new career will be much better than the first one!

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:24 am

uknownick wrote:
philou21 wrote:Season 5 is over for me too. We clinched the President Trophy with a record of 55-19-8 good for 118 pts. I've never such a good record with goalies that bad. Thanks team tactics! :D We lead the NHL with 325 goals scored and Winnipeg is behind us with 288! They also finished one point behind us. We lost in the Conference Finale against Philly who went to win the Cup against the Jets.

Time to improve the defense and goalie. Offense looks very solid. Those +/- look not bad either.
My defense is already where I want it to be. Only Weber's getting old a bit but with Stevens and Barron coming up I'm not worried at all. :)

Return to “General EHM Chat”