Feedback on the simulation

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay, online gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
krownroyal83
Minor League

Re: Feedback on the simulation

Post by krownroyal83 » Sun May 24, 2015 4:36 am

Not sure if this should go here but i don't want to start a new thread but in regards of the World Championships. I notice teams are dressing 8 dmen with 12 forwards. I don't recall ever seeing that in real life. Also for some reason the Bronze medal game was played after the Gold medal game. That should be switched.

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Sun May 24, 2015 5:07 pm

I believe in IIHF rules you can dress 22 players. 12-8-2 or 13-7-2 is quite often what teams choose.

lafontaine83
Prospect
Favourite Team: Ottawa Senators

Post by lafontaine83 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:36 pm

I've rush simmed through 1 season in full.

Just to see how things work and to help me get used to it all..

Noticed Duncan Keith was traded to FLA for two 2nd round picks and a 3rd.

Not realistic at all. A puck mover like Keith with 50 point upside shouldn't go for that. No matter the age and cap hit and term.

If it was a 1st, 2nd and 3rd maybe I could live with that, that would work but two 2nds and a 3rd for Keith?

Something is wrong with that. it's not a horrible deal, but its bad

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:39 pm

lafontaine83 wrote:I've rush simmed through 1 season in full.

Just to see how things work and to help me get used to it all..

Noticed Duncan Keith was traded to FLA for two 2nd round picks and a 3rd.

Not realistic at all. A puck mover like Keith with 50 point upside shouldn't go for that. No matter the age and cap hit and term.

If it was a 1st, 2nd and 3rd maybe I could live with that, that would work but two 2nds and a 3rd for Keith?

Something is wrong with that. it's not a horrible deal, but its bad
May not be a great deal for the Hawks, but trades like that happen. A franchise goalie like Luongo was dealt in exchange for a third line player and an unproven goalie.

lafontaine83
Prospect

Post by lafontaine83 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:07 pm

that's a little different though, luongo had a "contract" and Markstrom was just 2 years ago a top 5 prospect in the world. he's fallen off, but killed the AHL this year...

so that Luongo deal isn't that bad.

But yes I get what you're saying, it wasn't horrible and stuff like that happens, but the Hawks would never let Keith go for that price.

maybe 2 2nds and a prospect already ready

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Sun May 24, 2015 10:11 pm

Not much different. Getting rid of an older guy with a big contract when you are in a cap crunch.

Anyway lafontaine have you read much stuff here? I ask because you continue to post about 100 things that well...we already know.

Ai does not handle salary cap issues well, and sometimes the trades the AI makes are a bit questionable, but are a far cry better than when game first came out. Huge improvements in this area.

So yeah

WE know....there are questionable AI decisions being made re cap crunches, and trades. We get it.

So does Riz and SI and they have made many changes and are still working on it.

I do not mean to sound mean, but this is really something everyone knows now.

lafontaine83
Prospect

Post by lafontaine83 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:30 pm

You clearly have a sense of entitlement to this forum.

I'm new, and no I don't read everything.

I've read about Keith getting claimed or sent down.

I just thought I would post that it was for two 2nds and a 3rd. I figured that hasn't happened.

I'm a big suppporter of the game, and yeah.. you were pretty rude and you're activity borders on scary. So relax dude.

I was just pointing out some things.

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Mon May 25, 2015 12:27 am

No I do not. Just this point is beaten to death. No need for any more talk about lafontaine. THat is all.

And lol, no it does not, please do not make personal comments--no need for them. If you have issues with people take them to PM.

Maybe you should have a read around, and you will find all sorts of information.

I get you were pointing something out, something that has been pointed out ad nauseum. People do not like the trading ai in some cases, nor do they like the way AI deals with the cap, and it has improved twenty thousand fold since day 1 and will continue to.

I am glad you support the game, seems to me there are alot of people like us out there that do.

I have read every post on this forum...how do you think I gained as much knowledge as I have? Probably best for you to read at least most of them. if you choose not to and continue to repeat things that have been said 10000 times, it will not just be me growing tired of it.

I will give you credit where credit is due....you do not swear, and you do not start a bunch of new threads with bad titles. At least as far as the forum guidelines go you are doing well. That so far is well above others who are new.

I wrote a piece in a welcome thread. People who care about the site, and want to be involved and want to get to know those who have been around for a long time, go in there and actually intro themselves instead of just coming into threads, creating new ones and not learning how things work or the culture of a place they go to.....I like those kind of people and they get all kinds of time from me. Those who just post random complaints...do not.

Seems fair to me. Not like I am personal about it. Just tell people what I think. If you do not like that, I am okay with that lafontaine. No skin off my nose.

of all the newbies here, I would say about 5-10% will stick around for any length of time. And the ones that are putting time in researching, working on the site, introducing themselves and following the guidelines without taking commentary about a game persoanlly and lashing out at others for what they perceive as rude, because it runs counter to their opinion, or does not jibe with how they feel....well not my problems.

some people invest in the personality of the site they go to as a new registrant, just as if they walked into a new workplace, or new environment...they get to know the lay of the land, and are polite. Others...not so much. Not saying you are not polite, saying you are making personal comments about me, when you have no clue about me.

Yes I Grow tired of the same type of posts over and over and over about things. If people were invested they would read before posting and realize what they were thinking or seeing has already been posted 10000 times and is being looked into.

lafontaine83
Prospect

Post by lafontaine83 » Mon May 25, 2015 3:07 am

No problems man. It is what it is.

Have a nice night man.

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Sun May 31, 2015 7:08 pm

Just a slight note on what I am seeing in FULL SIM MODE

1. Good to see some of the bigger dmen (Weber Josi Seth Jones) getting little better ratings than before. At least all are in 7s in my game right now. ALthough still low 7s. Weber and Josi in 30 point range in 60 games.
2. Morale issue--Gradually better, but still alot of low and okay, not a lot above okay.
3. Dmen shots are still not down...still 38 of top 50 are Dmen.
4. Hits--still absolutely dominated by forwards.
5. Shot blocks-dominate by D which is good. Top guys averaging just over two per game (Justin FAulk 139 in 60)
6. Giveaways-Top guys in general (most) at 1 per game. Not bad. Save Andy MaCDonald 78 in 59 games. LOL. He sucks in the game so bad. 9 of top D are dmen which is good (Voracek)
7. Takeaways-Dominated by Dmen, should this be the case? 1.24 per game or so is leading.5 forwards in top 50 all Centres.
8. Fighting---seems decent, but the game misconduct and suspensions are outrageous? TOO MANY INSTIGATORS.
9. Starting goalies--too many AI teams still with starting goalies playing great majority of games. Most teams in 60 game range and there are 9 goalies who have played 49 or more games, 7 who have played 46 or more games. Maybe cut each group in at least half.
10. Save percentages-OTher than my goalies, the AI Goalies are not bad...Bishop at .929 leads the way, maybe a bump for this but slight at best.
11. GAA-AGain other than AI goalies not bad, Bishop at 1.84 and then Quick at 2.01....NExt 11 starters between 2.15 and 2.36. Not bad.
12 average goals per game...5.8 *just in this season* both teams.

So really getting somewhat close as we move along.

Trade deadline for this game? Biggest deal was

Turris back to Phoenix for Domingue, 3 picks (Highest was 2nd)
Jaskin and Tennyson from SJ for Craig SMith and an average prospect. This one questionable but SJ is top of conference and Jaskin is a good prospect.
Bodker and Anton Karlsson to NYi for Adam Pelech and rights to Michael Del Colle. Pelech 3-4 dman, Del Colle top line prospect, and Karlsson is nothing in my game. Even steven.

Peter_Doherty
Hall of Fame
Favourite Team: New York Rangers

Post by Peter_Doherty » Sun May 31, 2015 7:10 pm

Interesting read. Shouldn't forwards (especially wingers) top takeaways? Think that's how it is IRL with Stone, Datsyuk and Nash being near the top from my memory.

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Sun May 31, 2015 7:49 pm

I have not looked that stat up so maybe. :-D

Jykä_90
Learning to skate

Post by Jykä_90 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:24 pm

"2. Morale issue--Gradually better, but still alot of low and okay, not a lot above okay."

Must be fixed.

When you win the presidents trophy, score most goals, least goals against, few players under 6.70 AVR everyone else over 7.00 going into playoffs and see your teams morale is very low, low and ok. I'd like if you could ask players "whats wrong with you?" You have no way knowing whats wrong with them. Not enough time on ice? wrong practice? more PP time? dont like someone on the team? wants to play in another line?

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:28 pm

Yeah I do not ask those questions anymore. Guys still play well even with the low morale. I do not even look at that whole column now. It is irrelevant to me. My only question is if morale affects development and that is why or one of reasons why the players are developing slower than in EHM 2007, and I feel just a little too slowly. Not much of a tweak for development as do not want overnight like in 2007, but should be a little better. That being said....guys need to try players with weaker attributes on their teams a little more. Some of them play really really well.

Back to the morale--if it is having a negative effect on development it makes a morale tweak important. If not...then I do not care as it is irrelevant to the game, and can just remove the column. :-D

bruins72
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Challenge Guy
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Post by bruins72 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:34 pm

I'm feeling lazy and haven't searched to see if this has been mentioned yet but what's the deal with getting 2 separate message about player suspensions? It seems like you get one immediately after the game and then another a half a day or a day later, without playing another game? I just had that happen and I got one appeal dismissed and then on the next message they agreed with me and revoked the suspension. The player is still suspended for 1 game though. Is this supposed to be additional discipline? If so, the new item really needs to reflect that.

Also, when I have a scout watching my "next opposition" I get one news item saying he didn't find anything and then the next news item is his scouting report for the game. It seems like it's generating an extra empty report or something.

visualdarkness
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by visualdarkness » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:42 pm

Players are slumping way more than 2007, that's extremely good!
The only big beef I got with the game so far is that it doesn't punish overplaying players enough. A forward playing 30+min three games in row should pretty much equal a deadbeaten player.

visualdarkness
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by visualdarkness » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:46 pm

bruins72 wrote:There really seems to be some problems with the way the teams decide who to waive. A couple of games into the 2015-2016 season and the Stars waive John Klingberg, who just won the Calder.
Yeah, teams are way to happy when it comes to waiving, they really should try to trade first. Also nobody claims my players but gladly pay me quite the ransom when I ask around if anybody is interested in trading after the waiving is over.

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:24 pm

bruins72 wrote:I'm feeling lazy and haven't searched to see if this has been mentioned yet but what's the deal with getting 2 separate message about player suspensions? It seems like you get one immediately after the game and then another a half a day or a day later, without playing another game? I just had that happen and I got one appeal dismissed and then on the next message they agreed with me and revoked the suspension. The player is still suspended for 1 game though. Is this supposed to be additional discipline? If so, the new item really needs to reflect that.

Also, when I have a scout watching my "next opposition" I get one news item saying he didn't find anything and then the next news item is his scouting report for the game. It seems like it's generating an extra empty report or something.

I think on the suspension one it is supposed to represent the league review of the incident. Most of the time I get them it is for too many instigators and the accumulation of game misconducts. Is there an actual rule in the NHL now about this? If guys keep getting instigators do they get increasingly longer suspensions? If not...then Riz needs to fix it. If so, he needs to tone down the instigators and game misconducts big time, because they are not being given out with the regularity this game is. Yeah I Know...setting on berserk/encouraged results in this in the game for your own team. But....it should not happen as often on aggressive/allowed and I had a guy get supsended on calm/allowed. He had three fights, three instigators and was suspended for a game. Too much.

ON the scouting next opponent..same thing. Needs to be fixed, plus if you leave the guy on it in the off season you get reports every day even when there is no game.

Filip Croatia
Minor League

Post by Filip Croatia » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:11 pm

Little bit off topic...my friend wants to buy game but he is not sure if he has graphic card good enough...he has VGA card but his PC configuration is following:

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1610 @ 2,60 ghz 2,60 ghz

4 GB RAM DDR3

64 bit OS

comatose
Prospect
Favourite Team: Calgary Flames

Post by comatose » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:12 pm

Filip Croatia wrote:Little bit off topic...my friend wants to buy game but he is not sure if he has graphic card good enough...he has VGA card but his PC configuration is following:

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1610 @ 2,60 ghz 2,60 ghz

4 GB RAM DDR3

64 bit OS
You don't need anything much to run this game. I run it with a $400 laptop with worse stats than that, runs fine.

w0ngt0ng
Junior League
Favourite Team: Habs

Post by w0ngt0ng » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:56 pm

Hey guys, just reporting an issue in my games.

Some junior players that play in either 3 leagues of the CHL (Q, WHL, OHL) tend to accept offers from other teams in the CHL.

Example : Logan Brown (2016 Prospect) just accepted a contract offer from Halifax (Q team) as he was originally playing with the Windsor Spitfires (OHL). He was also still under contract, so it's not like he was a free agent.

That's it, I just wanted to report it, I don't know if it has been already.

Thanks guys

EDIT : Just happened again (3rd sept. 2016) to my prospect Thomas Chabot (2015 Draft) playing for Acadie Bathurst in Q , being offered a contract by Red Deer (WHL)

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

YEah we have it, so does SI. Posted in bugs threads in both where it should be.

Alessandro
Olympic Gold
Custom Rank: TBL Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Team Russia
WHL Team: Calgary Flames

Post by Alessandro » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:34 pm

krownroyal83 wrote:I notice teams are dressing 8 dmen with 12 forwards. I don't recall ever seeing that in real life.
With all the due respect, how can you say such a thing?

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:36 pm

Non NHL teams do that all the time. It is a North American thing for the most part to only go 12-6. Some Euro leagues have done it, but alot are still 12-8-2

krownroyal83
Minor League

Post by krownroyal83 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:47 am

Alessandro wrote:
krownroyal83 wrote:I notice teams are dressing 8 dmen with 12 forwards. I don't recall ever seeing that in real life.
With all the due respect, how can you say such a thing?
Because i don't watch hockey outside of North America.

Return to “General EHM Chat”