Feedback on the simulation

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay, online gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.

Useful Links: EHM 2005 GuideEHM 2007 GuideEHM 1 ChangelistEHM:EA User Manual
krownroyal83
Minor League

Re: Feedback on the simulation

Post by krownroyal83 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:32 am

Every time that I get an email about a player on a point streak or a goal streak it's always broken the next time they play. How is this even possible unless the game outcomes are already pre-determined? I almost want to test this. Next time I get an email about a player on a streak I should take control of the team they are playing and have my goalie pulled the whole game. No way the player on the streak doesn't keep it going with the goalie pulled the whole game unless something is seriously wrong with the game dynamics.

Epic
Prospect

Post by Epic » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:55 pm

krownroyal83 wrote:Every time that I get an email about a player on a point streak or a goal streak it's always broken the next time they play. How is this even possible unless the game outcomes are already pre-determined? I almost want to test this. Next time I get an email about a player on a streak I should take control of the team they are playing and have my goalie pulled the whole game. No way the player on the streak doesn't keep it going with the goalie pulled the whole game unless something is seriously wrong with the game dynamics.
I wouldn't say it happens every time, but it does happen too often.

krownroyal83
Minor League

Post by krownroyal83 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:37 am

I assumed it happened every time. Either way when I get an email that a player is on a streak it's generally as a death sentence for them haha.

philou21
The Great One
Custom Rank: 24 cups!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by philou21 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pm

I know we got through this a hundred times but.....I hope one day the AI will be better at managing their cap and contracts! With the new DB it's worse than the last one. It's septembre 23th in my game and here's the list of big names that don't have any contracts (and no interest from teams too) Normally I'm used to see one or two big names available at this date but not over ten guys!

Brobovski, Wheeler, Pacioretty, Skinner, Simmonds, Varlamov, Fleury, Bouwmeester, Nilsson, Kinkaid, Johnson, Rinne and Hjalmarsson. Those names are only the one in the first pages. The other names aren't as "big" but plenty of good plumbers are there too!

OldGregg
Junior League
Favourite Team: Montreal Canadiens

Post by OldGregg » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:41 pm

The AI does seem a bit weird about waiver pickups. I'm playing the Habs challenge right now and I have Danault signed at 2.5M, I don't need him at that salary so I waived him but nobody took the offer. I was curious to see if any team wanted him so I did "Offer to All" and I got 5 or 6 teams offering me a 3rd and 4th. I couldn't accept those trades because it'd be against the rules of the challenge but it's just strange to me that they'd be willing to give up a 3rd and 4th for a guy but not pick him up for free from waivers.

I know in real life that does sometimes happen, Calvin Pickard was on waivers and the day after he cleared the Leafs traded for him because they could send him to the AHL to keep developing as a starter instead of sitting on the bench, but I don't think that makes a ton of sense with Danault who's a decent 3rd line center, and the teams that offered me draft picks need a 3C.

NJDCAT
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: New Jersey Devils

Post by NJDCAT » Wed May 09, 2018 3:21 am

philou21 wrote:I know we got through this a hundred times but.....I hope one day the AI will be better at managing their cap and contracts! With the new DB it's worse than the last one. It's septembre 23th in my game and here's the list of big names that don't have any contracts (and no interest from teams too) Normally I'm used to see one or two big names available at this date but not over ten guys!

Brobovski, Wheeler, Pacioretty, Skinner, Simmonds, Varlamov, Fleury, Bouwmeester, Nilsson, Kinkaid, Johnson, Rinne and Hjalmarsson. Those names are only the one in the first pages. The other names aren't as "big" but plenty of good plumbers are there too!
Seriously still a huge problem. 17th of November of 2022 and Seguin, Hall, Trocheck, Reilly, and Simmonds all don't have contracts. Seguin, Hall, Trocheck, Reilly, Simmonds, and Turris were all fantastic last year (Seguin, Hall, Trocheck PPG, Reilly 70 pts, Simmonds 60 pts, Turris 50 pts). It really takes away the realism that I love so much about EHM. Teams are awful at extending big time players.

pretzalcoatl
Junior League
Favourite Team: Capitals

Post by pretzalcoatl » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:55 am

I'd love to see star players demand a trade if their team sucks

some way of representing whoever's gonna get Erik Karlsson on a below-market trade this off-season

coasterholic14
Top Prospect

Post by coasterholic14 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:28 am

Minor issue, but I've noticed it consistently across multiple saves/games, even databases...

...maybe it's just me, but it seams like in training camp (NHL) Team Red will beat Team Blue about 90% of the time. I even played an NHL-heavy Blue vs AHL-heavy Red roster and Red still won like 4-0. Again, not a huge issue, but it can make evaluating prospects more difficult (and makes training camp worthless)

Return to “General EHM Chat”