Eastside Hockey Manager - Wishlist

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay, online gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
MacPhal
Prospect

Re: Eastside Hockey Manager Early Access - Wishlist

Post by MacPhal » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:11 pm

I would like to be able to make an expansion team.

I also back the idea of more then 2 lines of pk units and ot units.

Asbeen
Drafted

Post by Asbeen » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:47 pm

Editor:
I'd like an Editor that would let us add or modify a team or league structure within a current season (saved game).
Being able to retire a jersey number.

Also possibility to edit Online gaming and no player limit.

Trading:
Able to add a compensation clause in a trade. (ex.giving an extra pick if the player included in the trade doesn't resign with new team or team doesn't qualify for playoff etc..) (IF..AND..OR..easy computer code)

French traduction would be nice (like EHM2007)

Tonait
Junior League

Post by Tonait » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:03 pm

Awesome work! EHM is finally back!

But something more.. :)
- More leagues
- Option to buy arenas in order to expand it and option to build a new arena, choose the capacity, arena name etc.
- Media interaction, press conferences and player chats etc.
- Be able to retire jerseys
- Champions Hockey League

Animal31
Fourth Line
Favourite Team: Abbotsford Heat

Post by Animal31 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:27 pm

The real draft lottery isnt currently implemented in the game, dont know if thats been mentioned

AdamOates
Prospect

Post by AdamOates » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:59 pm

I'm so glad this game is back! The thing that most annoyed me with the previous version, and is still the same in this one, is Add to Shortlist. You have to click on every single player, select Add to Shortlist, then verify it by clicking OK. That is just too many steps. I think there should be a check box next to each player on certain screens and you could select the players you want (or a Select All option), then you could add all to shortlist. There may be other uses for this system, but I haven't come up with any yet. If not that, then have an option in Preferences to turn off the verification part.

Other Ideas that I most agree with:
1. Hall of Fame selection isn't too great
2. NCAA - there are so many players going to the NHL and other leagues from college. It's about time this gets set up better. I'm not saying it even has to be playable at this point, but at the very least, Division I needs to be a league that contains all of the conferences and not have them all separate. That makes it impossible to scout and to really get a sense of who is good in the league by comparison. Also, the junior leagues need to be more populated so the college teams can have enough players to choose from (USHL, NAHL, BCHL, etc.). I could go on and on about this one, so I'll let it go for now until someone else wants to have a more thorough discussion.

AdamOates
Prospect

Post by AdamOates » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:03 am

I haven't gotten far enough in the season to check this yet, but can anyone verify if this bug has been fixed from the 2007 version:

Let's say it's June 15. I sign a young player to an entry level NHL deal. When July 1 hits, they lose one year of their contract without having played at all. I don't remember the exact specifics, but this always happened to me.

Franck
Fringe Player

Post by Franck » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:26 am

Higher resolution is a must.

Better UI, like being able to select multiple players or staff in a list to send down to the AHL, terminate contracts etc, not having to swap between so many screens to do everything, not having the team depth chart hidden away as it is now. More sorting options, ability to customise views, more columns etc.

More information on the tactics screen, like infobox pop-ups on the tactics screen with brief explanations of all the formations, what gap control and puck pressure are and what the different settings actually do. Football Manager is really good at that, the EHM tactics screen is confusing even for long-time fans of both the game and the sport like me. The captains should be moved away from the tactics screen as well.

Addition of something like the assistant report from Football Manager, so you can get the same sort of knowledge of your own players that scouts give you of others.

Being able to loan Europeans on ELCs back to their European club.

A better training set up, though I'm not sure exactly how it should look.

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:45 am

Animal31 wrote:The real draft lottery isnt currently implemented in the game, dont know if thats been mentioned
That changes for 15/16 so I say wait until you(SI) turn the game towards that season
RhinoHaHa wrote: 2. NCAA - there are so many players going to the NHL and other leagues from college. It's about time this gets set up better. I'm not saying it even has to be playable at this point, but at the very least, Division I needs to be a league that contains all of the conferences and not have them all separate. That makes it impossible to scout and to really get a sense of who is good in the league by comparison. Also, the junior leagues need to be more populated so the college teams can have enough players to choose from (USHL, NAHL, BCHL, etc.). I could go on and on about this one, so I'll let it go for now until someone else wants to have a more thorough discussion.
I'd love to see this as well.
We have been short on researchers for the NCAA and US Jr. Easier to get researchers for playable leagues, I guess.
We're gonna make a request for more reseachers soon. Let me know if you're interested

AdamOates
Prospect

Post by AdamOates » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:48 am

RhinoHaHa wrote: 2. NCAA - there are so many players going to the NHL and other leagues from college. It's about time this gets set up better. I'm not saying it even has to be playable at this point, but at the very least, Division I needs to be a league that contains all of the conferences and not have them all separate. That makes it impossible to scout and to really get a sense of who is good in the league by comparison. Also, the junior leagues need to be more populated so the college teams can have enough players to choose from (USHL, NAHL, BCHL, etc.). I could go on and on about this one, so I'll let it go for now until someone else wants to have a more thorough discussion.

We have been short on researchers for the NCAA and US Jr. Easier to get researchers for playable leagues, I guess.
We're gonna make a request for more reseachers soon. Let me know if you're interested
Yeah, I was the guy doing it a few years ago (USHL and college commitments at least). I just forgot my login so I had to make a new one. Not sure if I'd be up for it again, but maybe. Depends on my available time how the editor is working these days. I haven't seen it lately.

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:09 am

RhinoHaHa wrote:

Yeah, I was the guy doing it a few years ago (USHL and college commitments at least). I just forgot my login so I had to make a new one. Not sure if I'd be up for it again, but maybe. Depends on my available time how the editor is working these days. I haven't seen it lately.
You'd be working with the EHM Updater. With that we export/import spreadsheets. Check it out

StealthB2X
Top Prospect

Post by StealthB2X » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:24 am

Possibly a customizable quick-menu at the top of the screen, to quickly be able to switch between screens. Maybe have 5-7 different interchangable buttons.

robotco
Junior League

Post by robotco » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:08 am

only thing i've ever wanted is a notepad on the general manager home screen. i like to make notes, but i don't want to make them on specific players and/or staff. it gets confusing where everything is. just give me a general all-purpose place i can type notes into on the home screen.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:44 am

Completely agree about the NCAA needing to be better represented in game. This is something I would love to see playable in game. Particularly as I've recently added many additional high school teams to the DB.
Manimal wrote:You'd be working with the EHM Updater. With that we export/import spreadsheets. Check it out
I'm going to write a guide on this today. It's pretty simple stuff - just list what you want to change and then send the spreadsheets to us.

leblanc98
Learning to skate

Post by leblanc98 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:47 pm

Would like to have a more interactive financial control. Because right now I'm always running out of cash even when I am way under the team budget. Would be nice to control ticket price and merchandises.

Xvash2
Prospect

Post by Xvash2 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:19 am

Would love to see an option to force the coach to scramble the lineup during pre-season exhibition games. After TC ends, he just puts in starter players. I'm too lazy to craft rosters for each game :P

sTeeL86
Junior League

Post by sTeeL86 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:38 am

When asking for a coaches report on a player, I would like to get their thoughts on their potential to develop into a player for your team rather than just for how useless they are now. Especially for my training camp tryouts.

m0fownz0r
Checking Line
Favourite Team: Red Wings
SBHL Team: Philadelphia Flyers
WHL Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by m0fownz0r » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:25 am

Franck wrote:Higher resolution is a must.

Better UI, like being able to select multiple players or staff in a list to send down to the AHL, terminate contracts etc, not having to swap between so many screens to do everything, not having the team depth chart hidden away as it is now. More sorting options, ability to customise views, more columns etc.

More information on the tactics screen, like infobox pop-ups on the tactics screen with brief explanations of all the formations, what gap control and puck pressure are and what the different settings actually do. Football Manager is really good at that, the EHM tactics screen is confusing even for long-time fans of both the game and the sport like me. The captains should be moved away from the tactics screen as well.

Addition of something like the assistant report from Football Manager, so you can get the same sort of knowledge of your own players that scouts give you of others.

Being able to loan Europeans on ELCs back to their European club.

A better training set up, though I'm not sure exactly how it should look.
Some pretty good points here. I'd like to add something pretty minor though - a way(easier) to change the saving path other than typing the whole C:\Program Files (x86)... etc

hockeysauce
Junior League

Post by hockeysauce » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:36 pm

robotco wrote:only thing i've ever wanted is a notepad on the general manager home screen. i like to make notes, but i don't want to make them on specific players and/or staff. it gets confusing where everything is. just give me a general all-purpose place i can type notes into on the home screen.
Yeah I like this idea a lot ... I keep pages upon pages of notes outside EHM, it'd be nice to have a place to organize them within the game itself.

The individual player notes is a good thing, so perhaps we could add a "tag" feature to the notepad idea, to help with organization/reminders.

NessFreaK
Prospect
Favourite Team: Carolina Hurricanes
WHL Team: Ottawa Senators

Post by NessFreaK » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:20 pm

Just finished my first full year (Ludqvist stood on his head and single-handedly elimintated my Hurricanes from the semis). Basically the gameplay is identical to 07, which is great because that game was amazing, but I was expecting a few new features at least. A few things I would love to see:

-Standings displayed in wildcard format
-Modified no-trade clauses / player negotiation to waive
-Relocations / expansions / lockouts / restructuring affiliates (rare league structure events)
-Player death / legal issues / career ending injuries (rare player events)
-Winter classics
-More media interaction, whether it be players or GM
-Voting on jersey retirement / hall of fame induction

sluice
Top Prospect

Post by sluice » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:44 pm

An expansion team!
With all the talks about a new franchise in Las Vegas, Quebec or Seattle, it would be great to decide and be in control of that new expansion.
Have a All NHL team protect X amount of player, and let you select players that are unprotected.
It would be a nice challenge considering expansion teams takes years to build up.

hockeysauce
Junior League

Post by hockeysauce » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:16 pm

Another idea that's been in my head for years... being hired for a job other than General Manager.

I might be alone on this but I always thought it would be cool if you could get hired as Head Coach only. You'd have input, but not control, over the roster but would be in full control of the bench and tactics for games. Sometimes you'd have a GM that would override you on who dresses or tactics, but hey, that's life as a Head Coach, right?

Asst Coach wouldn't really be necessary since there's really not much to do, unless practice is expanded enough to keep you occupied as Asst Coach.

Scout could be interesting. GM/Coaches could assign you to a country, continent, or league, from which you'll be given a list of games you could "watch". You'd have to manage your schedule to watch as many games (or as many of the top players) as you can, or be assigned specific teams/players to watch by management. You're recommendations would affect how the team signs/drafts, and your performance would build your reputation, allowing for better jobs in the future.

Again, not really a necessary addition to the game, just an idea I've had that I thought I'd share.

TexasDemon
Learning to skate

Post by TexasDemon » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:03 pm

- Copy and Paste the Lines
- Decide how many Lines you want, no Team plays with 4 D-Lines
- Sorting Function #FootballManager
- Editor

Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

Post by Tasku » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:07 pm

TexasDemon wrote: - Decide how many Lines you want, no Team plays with 4 D-Lines
That fourth defensive pair is there just in case it's needed. You can leave it empty, and play only 3 pairings, or dress a 7th defender if you like, like many European teams do.

Tonait
Junior League

Post by Tonait » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:09 pm

"OneColoured" wallpaper would be good couse font may not be clear at every point

There are many good ideas in this topic! :joy:

Peter_Doherty
Hall of Fame
Favourite Team: New York Rangers

Post by Peter_Doherty » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:10 pm

Tasku wrote:
TexasDemon wrote: - Decide how many Lines you want, no Team plays with 4 D-Lines
That fourth defensive pair is there just in case it's needed. You can leave it empty, and play only 3 pairings, or dress a 7th defender if you like, like many European teams do.
Tampa did that alot last season aswell, not sure if they still do....

Return to “General EHM Chat”