Most Challenging team in NHL to try and win Stanley Cup

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay, online gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
Sid.DefensiveD
Junior League
Favourite Team: Toronto Maple Leafs/Boston Bruin

Most Challenging team in NHL to try and win Stanley Cup

Post by Sid.DefensiveD » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:27 am

Hi Guys,

So far I have been playing with Toronto in my EHM save. The first year was slightly challenging, but the prospect pool for them is amazing and so after 5 seasons in the save, I am starting to think if for my next save, I should try another team. Basically I am looking for a team where I can rebuild from scratch or at-least have the chance to play a big part in rebuild (so teams like Lightning or Hurricanes, where the main objective will be to maintain the roster and build incrementally is out for now)

So what will be your suggestions? Oilers? Sabres? or some other team.

Cheers,
Sid

Bam_Margera
Top Prospect
Favourite Team: Edmonton Oilers

Re: Most Challenging team in NHL to try and win Stanley Cup

Post by Bam_Margera » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:07 pm

Sid.DefensiveD wrote:Hi Guys,

So far I have been playing with Toronto in my EHM save. The first year was slightly challenging, but the prospect pool for them is amazing and so after 5 seasons in the save, I am starting to think if for my next save, I should try another team. Basically I am looking for a team where I can rebuild from scratch or at-least have the chance to play a big part in rebuild (so teams like Lightning or Hurricanes, where the main objective will be to maintain the roster and build incrementally is out for now)

Cheers,
Sid
I don't think that the Oilers are that challenging. Quite some young talent in the team and you can get rid of overpaid players like Ference, Nikitin, Scrivens, Sekera rather easy.

watts555
Minor League
Favourite Team: Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by watts555 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:02 am

Cheers,
Sid
How about the Devils? Canucks? Jets? Just some suggestions !

leafsrock67
Junior League
Favourite Team: Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by leafsrock67 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:56 am

watts555 wrote:

Cheers,
Sid
How about the Devils? Canucks? Jets? Just some suggestions !
Jets have a top 2 prospect pool in the league and already have some good players (Byfuglien, Wheeler, Little, Scheifele). They wouldn't be too hard. I would say that 'Nucks would be pretty tough, Sedins are getting old, Miller is getting old, and they don't have a very strong prospect pool for how bad of a team they are.

Rough Neck
Junior League

Post by Rough Neck » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:55 pm

Blue Jackets. I suck at the game so that doesn't help, but they are a difficult team I find.

Statsman1
Junior League

Post by Statsman1 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:26 am

I am starting a league that begins with a draft, including prospects, as opposed to beginning with a team. I will hit the "Randomize Draft Order" 30 times, then I take whichever team is drafting #14 (only because 14 is my favorite number). That way, I get whatever that team's draft choices and ownership is, and that's it.

Maybe not what you're after, if you want to start with an actual 2014-15 team, but this should give me a bit of a headache...um, challenge.

Return to “General EHM Chat”