How's it going in EHM2007? What team Are You?

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay, online gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
Kris
Top Prospect

How's it going in EHM2007? What team Are You?

Post by Kris » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:04 pm

I am Phoenix Coyotes.

1: St. Louis - Drury - Doan
2: Nagy - Brylin - Saprykin
3: Dingman - Ricci - Scatchard
4: Laraque - Betts - Rheaume

1: Ballard - Timonen
2: Gaucher - Morris
3: Seidenberg - Helmer

1: Niittymäki
2: Morrison

At first I struggled a bit and after about 40 games I was last in my conference. I decided to change some things and brought in St. Louis, Brylin, Gaucher and Timonen and it worked for some time and I climb the ladder but started to struggle again. I totaly changed my tactics and from round 61 to 82 I advanced from 15th place to 6th and got to the playoffs.

We faced Blackhawks and in the first game Doan got injured, two months... and we lost the game 4-5. The next game we however won 3-2 in OT and we followed up with a 6-4 victory at home. In game 4 the scores were reversed as we were defeated 4-6. But we won two straight games and got through to the semifnals were we faced 1st seeded Flames. We won the first game 6-3 but lost 3-5 the next one. At home we won first 6-2 then 5-3. In game 5 we lost 2-1 but we managed to secure a place in the Conference finals with a 6-1 at home. Unfortunaly both Nagy and Betts got injured in the middle of the series with Calgary. In the Conference finals we go sweept by Dallas 0-4, but it was close calls most of the time (2-3ot, 0-3, 1-3, 4-5ot) and with Doan, Nagy and Betts fully fit I think we could have made it to the Stanley Cup final.

Shane Doan was outstanding in the regular season.
He finished 6th in goals, 23rd in ass, 4th in points, 21st in PIM and 1st in SOG (he actually fired 100 shots more than the 2nd placed)

His record:
GP G A P +/- PIM SOG SH% Av R
82 53 43 96 23 213 516 10.3 7.40

However, St. Louis finished with highest points in the league, 104 (!).

Now we have some problems as these key players have expiring contracts and refuse to sign new ones:
Unfortunly Drury and Doan refuses to sign new contracts :(

Notable trades:
Me: Drury
Sabres: Reinprecht, rights to Matt Cullen, 2nd Round Pick 07 (Phi), 4th Rnd pick 07 (BOS and MTL)

Me: Niittymäki
Flyers: Rights to Chris Summers, 5th Round Pick 2008 and 2009, 6th round 2009.

Me: Betts
Rangers: 5th and 6th Round Picks 2007.

Me: St. Louis
Tampa: 2nd Round Pick 2008 and Ed Jovanovski

Me: Timonen
Nashville: Zbynek Michalek

I love the St. Louis trade, I got rid of underperforming and highly overpayed Jovanovski, plus 1 million in salary and got a scoring speedster that did wonders to my offence. The Timonen/Michalek-trade was instigated by the Preds and Kimmo took over the duties of Ed and did it much better.

All the other players were taken off waiver.

Kris
Top Prospect

Post by Kris » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:10 pm

The team for the new season has taken shape:

Whitney - Leino - St. Louis
Nagy - Brylin - Saprykin
Dingman - Ricci - Scatchard
Laraque - Betts - Fitzpatrick

Ballard - Timonen
Gaucher - Morris
Seidenberg - Helmer

Niittymäki
LeNeveu

I aimed for both Kariya and Friesen to take the number one LW-slot but Paul went to Ducks and Jeff to Nashville so I had to go with Whitney, at first I offered him a 3 year contract, not aware of his age (35) but changed it to a one year.
In the draft I picked Dmitri Schetinkin as my number one (and only) pick. He looks really good so I planned to play him as number one center but he signed the contract 2 days after the International Transfer Window so he will arrive next season instead :(

flea
Team Captain
Custom Rank: NASCAR Racer!

Post by flea » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:01 pm

I decided that I will start at the NHL only when the unfaking and the new patch are out.....hope it doesnt take too long...

So right now Iam managing the Prince Albert Raiders from the WHL.
Its my first job because I choosed to start unemployed and I was quite surprised that my first job was already in such a good league!!!

I think Iam doing a pretty good job because when I arrived the team was a total chaos and they were dead-last with a winning percentage of only 25%!!
In the last 20 games of the first season I finished with a respectable 55% winning perc. and I even passed the team ahead of me!!!
So I diI decided not to manage any NHL team until the unfaking and the new patch are out.
d some trading, added some interesting free agents and right now I have finished the second regular season, finishing second overall!!!
Iam in the playoffs and I managed to beat Brandon 4-0 and Iam ahead of Moose Jaw 2-0 in the series!!!
I hope that I can report a victory in my next report!!!

Greets

noctambulist
Minor League

Post by noctambulist » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:13 pm

I'm playing the Bruins.

Sturm, Savard, Murray
Kessel, Bergeron, Boyes
Axelsson, Primeau, Donovan
Collins, Stastney, Ellison

Mara, Chara
Alberts, Stuart
Ranger, Jurcina

Thomas
Toivonen

I'm only 12 games in and am 5-5-2. Thomas just got injured and will be out for 3 weeks with a strained rotator cuff. I brought up Jordan Sigalet and already he's unhappy with his ice time :roll:

At least I'm doing better than the real Bruins right now ](*,)

miked1991
Prospect

Post by miked1991 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:04 pm

I am playing Coventry Blaze in the EIHL. First season won the regular season by 1 point. Played Sheffield (2nd place team) in the penultimate game and lost, dropping a point behind them. Then went and beat Cardiff in my last game, whilst Sheffield went and lost the last placed Manchester 8-1! So that was the league won. Won the Challenge Cup, beating Sheffield comfortably in the final. Got the the playoff final, but then lost to Basingstoke.

Into my second season now. I'm in the Challenge Cup semi final, and am winning the league by 9 points. Season is about halfway through (24 games). I have an 80% winning record, far better than last season

mark_htfc
First Line
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Post by mark_htfc » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:38 am

I have managed to get the game now so that is all good. :thup:

I will probably use Panthers in the EIHL first. I will then move upto the NHL with the Bruins, when I feel im comfertable using the game.

Thundercleese
Minor League

Post by Thundercleese » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:56 am

Calgary Flames, four straight Cups! Some good drafts have me managing the cap even though I have big contracts going out to Iginla, Tanguay, Phaneuf, Regehr, Kiprusoff and Derek Morris. I qualified for the playoffs with 15 games left to play in my current season (all it took was 100 points ;)).

Kekkonen
Fringe Player

Post by Kekkonen » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:52 am

Kings here. I'm nearing the draft of 2010 and have made the play-offs every season except the first. Unfortunately, I have only one series win to my name.

The team looked like this most of the season:

Grabowsky - Thornton - Stewart
Picard - Esposito/Tavares - Kopitar
Sutherby - Tavares/Esposito - Fehr
Hollweg/Worrell - Halpern/Repkin - Tootoo(/Worrell)

Kulyash - Hannan
Lyamin - Nelson (i.e. Jack Johnson)
Smaby/Yonkman - Wilson

...and Niittymäki and Marek Schwarz in goal.

Things looked good until about mid/late January, when I lost Nitty for a month. Schwarz wasn't half bad in relief, but he wasn't great like Nitty had been up to the point. Unfortunately, Nitty couldn't regain his early/mid-season form after nearly a month and a half away from the rink (there's an Olympic break in February 2010). At the same time, the production from Kopitar, Thornton, and especially Grabowsky (who led the league in goals just before Christmas) waned, so instead of contending for the #1 spot along with the Jackets, the Flames, and the surprising Blackhawks, I had to settle for winning the Pacific division about 6-8 points ahead of the Ducks who just barely missed play-offs.

So, in 2010 the Pacific division was weak but in the end I could only get together the 4th- or 5th-best record in the East, which didnt' bode well for the play-offs -- especially since I had to face the Oilers, who were on a huge late-season tear. In sum, I wasn't all that surprised that I lost in the 1st round; what was surprising and more than a little embarrassing was the fact that I got swept. Yes, two of those games went into OT, but a sweep is a sweep, and a definite downer for the end of the season. The good news: I have 2 picks in the top 8 in what looks like a fairly good draft year (one from the Wings, which cost me a good bit early in the season, and one from the Devils, who for some reason have been going steadily downhill for two seasons; their 1st-rounder was cheap 2 seasons ago).

In this universe, the Cup migrated to Canada in 2008 and is apparently happy up there; the Sabres won it in 2007, but after that, it's been the Flames, the Flames again, and now the Sens.

Kekkonen
Fringe Player

Post by Kekkonen » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:18 am

There's also another bit of good news: I'll be about 8 million under the cap on July 1st, and both Kovalchuk and Heatley are going to be unrestricted free agents...

Powerslave
Junior League

Post by Powerslave » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:02 pm

I'm in 2015 with the New York Rangers

Picked up Crosby and Nash from free agency, with a few draft picks playing top minutes

Sheppard-Crosby-Timofeev
Starchenko-De Rouville-Kopitar
Nash-Werner-Dauvagins
Ancona-Laniel-Grant

Pitkanen-Belanger
Cullen-Hecht
Lyamin-Sanguinetti

Lundqvist
Caron

You might not recognize many names on the roster because Timofeev, Starchenko, De Rouville, Werner, Ancona, Laniel, Grant, Belanger, and Cullen are drafted prospects. Timofeev, De Rouville, Werner, and Cullen are around 21 yrs old with superb reputations and Belanger is my first drafted star, though Timofeev will probably be there soon coming off his first 100+ point season with Crosby and Sheppard. Hopefully solid sophmore performances from De Rouville, Laniel, and Belanger as well as good rookie outings from Werner, Cullen, and Starchenko can lead the team to a repeat Cup performance.

Alex the Tall
Minor League

Post by Alex the Tall » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:07 pm

I am at my first years whit the Quebec Remparts, it's going well i am 3rd in the league... But my coach do my tactics and it seem that he have some problems whit the goalies... He always put my 2nd goalie for some games and i lost 3 games in row...

3nigm4
Junior League

Post by 3nigm4 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:30 pm

Playing the penguin and im in 2010 season. Made playoff first 2 years and won cup last 2 years

Ovechkin-Crosby-Boyes
Prucha-Malkin-Grabovski
York-J.Staal-Armstrong
Vanek-Stone-Collins

Bouwmeester-Gonchar
M.Staal-Van Ryn
Wilson-Green

Niitymaki
Rask

Got Ovechkin and Bouwmeester while on IR for 4 month but it worth the wait...

inSTAALed
Stanley Cup Winner
Custom Rank: Back From The Dead

Post by inSTAALed » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:50 pm

I am the worst team in the worst league in the game!

Wightlink Raiders or something like that.

So far off to a slow start but I'm just gelling my 24 (!) free agent signings together!

B. Stinson
TBL Admin Team
Favourite Team: Philadelphia Flyers

Post by B. Stinson » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:05 pm

My EHM2007 experience isn't going so well, so the game I started a few weeks ago is the best game I have going, and is the only one where I've actually seen the end of year one). I spent the first two years unemployed with no good jobs opening up(I try to play as realistic as possible, so real-life local teams are "good teams" to me in the game) but finally last night a great job opened. Reading Royals of the ECHL(Reading is only about 45 mins. west of where I live, and I go over there every year for their WWII Weekend). I didn't expect it to open, so when it did, I jumped on it with excitement.

As for my time with the team... there hasn't been much yet. It's only been a few in-game days, and I know none of my players yet. Though, off-season will be coming soon so I should be able to do some work with the team then.

flea
Team Captain
Custom Rank: NASCAR Racer!

Post by flea » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:51 pm

inSTAALed wrote:I am the worst team in the worst league in the game!

So far off to a slow start but I'm just gelling my 24 (!) free agent signings together!
Where the hell does the Wightlink Raiders play if I may ask??? :-D

....Iam pretty sure they would beat our spanish champion though....lol!!!

Greets

inSTAALed
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by inSTAALed » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:56 pm

flea wrote:
inSTAALed wrote:I am the worst team in the worst league in the game!

Where the hell does the Wightlink Raiders play if I may ask??? :-D

....Iam pretty sure they would beat our spanish champion though....lol!!!

Greets
The EPIHL in England.

The EPIHL and Denmark are the two work leagues in the EHM playable leagues world repwise.

Minstrel
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Minty
Favourite Team: Chicago Blackhawks

Post by Minstrel » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:37 am

Heh Challenge 7: Wightlink Raiders :-p

munky
Minor League
Favourite Team: Montreal Canadiens

Post by munky » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:12 am

Minstrel wrote:Heh Challenge 7: Wightlink Raiders :-p
:shock:

That's just sadistic.

inSTAALed
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by inSTAALed » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:34 am

That's basically what it is.

Except it isn't sponsored by your friendly TBL admins. ;)

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:55 am

munky wrote:
Minstrel wrote:Heh Challenge 7: Wightlink Raiders :-p
:shock:

That's just sadistic.
Sadly, not as sadistic as what Challenge 6 would have been had we picked the Hawks, and been forced to fire Yawney, hire Savard as head coach, Dudley as Assistant GM and play Salmelainen and Hamilton on the first line. All with a budget of $27 mill. Phew. I so feel for Minty and all Hawks fans. Now if the Canucks could score a frigging goal.

This Wightlink thing does intrigue me...but I never have enough time to deal with something like that. darn.

Minstrel
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Minty
Favourite Team: Chicago Blackhawks

Post by Minstrel » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:21 am

Honestly if people want to do it then we'd gladly set it up for you but it will probably be a better fit for a little something we have "in the works" for later this week or month (depending on if I get some design time blocked out here sometime soon....)

Oh, and batdad while Savard is worthless as a coach (rightfully) in EHM Yawney usually can be kept on as an assistant to work with your D... it's everyone else you'd have to fire and/or trade :roll:

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:10 am

I know..Yawney rocks. I have hired him as an assistant 4 times already. It is amazing how true EHM is to real life. 3 times he was fired in November, once in December. Beats out Snow alot.

Systemfel
Leading Scorer

Post by Systemfel » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:28 am

Once again, I'm managing the Sabres.

My line-up:

Vanek - Crosby - Pominville
Briere - Connolly - Hossa
Stafford - Drury - Afinogenov
Paille - Gaustad - Roy

Tallinder - Staal
Vlasic - Campbell
Sekera - Sarich

Miller, Noronen

On the farm I have Ryan Parent, Bobby Ryan, Derick Brassard and Aaron Marvin. The latter has incredible technical attributes, not a single one below 14 He probably needs more seasoning in the A to further develop his physical skills.

I also had Forsberg who I landed at the '07 deadline. Re-upped with him for '07/'08, but let him walk as a UFA after that.

How they were aquired:
Crosby | Landed at the 2008 draft in exchange for: Kotalik, Janne Lahti, the rights to Patrice Cormier, Jordan Hickmott, Chris Doyle and Brian Arnold, 2nd round pick, 1st round pick. Sid's tearing it up for me with 98 points in his first 60 games.
Hossa | Landed in February of 2008 in exchange for Novotny and Upshall. The board/fans celebrated a steal. :) Re-signed to a $9M, 2-year deal in December of 2008.
Staal | Was playing in juniors with low trade value, aquired for Butler, Dennis, Ryan and a 2nd.
Vlasic | Landed whilst playing in the Q. Gave up M.A. Bergeron and Paetsch.
Sarich | Got him from the Rangers in exchange for Lydman, who was expendable due to the emergence of Staal.
Noronen | Signed as an FA in 2007.

Won the Cup in '07 and '08 and looking for a third straight championship in the 08/09 season.

Joe
Checking Line

Post by Joe » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:09 am

Just started as the Wings, about 20 games into the season, and I'm going back and forth between 1st and 2nd in the whole league.

I made some key trades and got rid of some garbage.
Heres my lines

Zetterberg Marleau Hejduk
Modin Handzus Bondra
Clark Allison Holmstrom
Franzen Schremp Filppula

Lidstrom Morris
Vaananen Van Ryn
Kronwall Chelios

Hasek
Osgood

I signed Bondra and Jason Allison, who've played very good especially Bondra.

Trades...

Clark from Washington for Maltby

Morris from Pheonix for Schneider and Even McGrath

Rights to the Canucks Mikko Jokela for Stefan Liv (signed for next season)

Florida's Van Ryn for Lilja and Lebda

Rights to Nashvilles Kulyash for rights to Jeff May (signed for next season)

Rob Schremp for rights to Logan Pyett

Columbus' Modin for Markov, rights to Grigorenko and some other lousy prospect

Madden for Robert Lang

Handzus for Madden

Picked up Buffalo's 2nd and 3rd picks for Draper

Marleau for Datsyuk, Joey McDonald, and some other lousy prospects

Then 15 games into the season I got Hejduk and Vaananen for Samuelsson, Williams, Fischer, Rights to Nick Oslund and some draft picks.

The board and fans freaked out about the Marleau and Hejkuk trades, give me a break...

Zetterberg has been tearing it up, hes usually in the top 3 for points in the league, and Lidstrom is only a few points back from him and leads all Defense man for points.

Hasek has played very well and our PP and PK are near the top of the league.

Our payroll is a little over $41M so we still have some wiggle room to pick up another solid player.

Powerslave
Junior League

Post by Powerslave » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:50 pm

The board and fans freaked out about the Marleau and Hejkuk trades, give me a break...
Ya, they'll get over it. They freaked on me when I traded a 37 yr-old Scott Neidermeyer for Aleksei Emelin and a high first and second round picks. They also went beserk when I traded up for the first overall pick with a solid young defenseman, who I didn't really want to trade but the first overall pick was too good to pass up and if my team has nothing else it is defensive depth. I also just won the Stanley Cup for the 2nd straight year and my farm team won the Calder, dammit people, I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!!

Return to “General EHM Chat”