How's it going in EHM2007? What team Are You?

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay, online gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

Re: How's it going in EHM2007? What team Are You?

Post by Tasku » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Reedy12 wrote:Only recently got into NHL as a whole and was delighted to find that there was a Sports Interactive game, so of course I proceeded to acquire it (Being a massive fan of the Football Manager series). I had a little play around season with the new jersey devils where we won the president and stanley cup but I will admit to saving and reloading several times.
For me that's a big no-no. If you can't reach your goal with fair play it's not much of an accomplishment, I think. [-(

Welcome to TBL! :-)

Reedy12
Junior League

Post by Reedy12 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:41 pm

I am of the same opinion, but as it was just a mess around to get used to the game mechanics I'll let myself off :P

And thanks!

Reedy12
Junior League

Post by Reedy12 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:30 pm

So just finished my first season and unfortunately I had a bad spell at the end of the regular season (5-4-1) that allowed the Rangers to pip me to 2nd spot in the conference (Sabres finished top). Got the Senators in the first round of the playoffs and was beaten 4-2 after losing Brodeur to injury during the 2nd game. The Sens were then beaten by the Sabres who went on to win the Stanley Cup. Now looking forward to fixing my defensive frailties! (Traded Colin White for Hannan before the deadline which was a good trade seeing as Hannan finished with an average rating of 8.35 :D)

gazzw87
Prospect

Post by gazzw87 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:29 am

However bad your first season is - Don't feel bad!! Many years ago when i first loaded up EHM 2007 as my fav Boston Bruins, having no idea what I was doing and thinking 'it's just like football manager this! easy!' I ended up losing 62 games! I then proceeded to get sacked... moved to Buffalo, tried to build an Euro only team around Vanek and got sacked shortley after :dunno:

CJ
TBL Rosters Researcher
Custom Rank: Formerly jhcjobpb
Favourite Team: Florida Panthers

Post by CJ » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:24 am

gazzw87 wrote:However bad your first season is - Don't feel bad!! Many years ago when i first loaded up EHM 2007 as my fav Boston Bruins, having no idea what I was doing and thinking 'it's just like football manager this! easy!' I ended up losing 62 games! I then proceeded to get sacked... moved to Buffalo, tried to build an Euro only team around Vanek and got sacked shortley after :dunno:
I didn't know you can get sacked in EHM, I've never experienced that. :-D

Reedy12
Junior League

Post by Reedy12 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:54 pm

gazzw87 wrote:However bad your first season is - Don't feel bad!! Many years ago when i first loaded up EHM 2007 as my fav Boston Bruins, having no idea what I was doing and thinking 'it's just like football manager this! easy!' I ended up losing 62 games! I then proceeded to get sacked... moved to Buffalo, tried to build an Euro only team around Vanek and got sacked shortley after :dunno:
I wouldn't say it was particularly bad, at least for most of the season. I just started letting goals in like nothing towards the end, even with the legend that is Brodeur in net! Still think we would have got past the Sens had he not got injured.

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:44 am

Currently in my 20th season with the Florida Panthers and have begun the rebuilding phase. I led the Panthers to their first ever Stanley Cup 14 years ago, since then we haven't once made it passed the second round. So after years of underachieving, I've decided this team is at its limit and must get younger. So I've traded away majority of the teams veterans for younger minor league players and draft picks. Three years ago I drafted Eric Wideman (23rd overall), he's a 23 year old goalie that according to my scouts and coaching staff is expected to be a starting goalie in the near future. My plan is to build around him with a gritty defensive team. Within my first rebuilding season the team missed the playoffs as the 10th seed, however we managed to get the 4th overall pick in the upcoming entry draft. The good news is, this team has a lot of young talent and I expect them to help the team into the playoffs within a few seasons. The bad news is the fans are asking for my head lol. The board isn't too happy either, they're starting to get pushy.

The team's captain is Nakeh Walters (24 years old), he was drafted 3rd overall a couple seasons back. I recently signed him to a 7 year contract extension.

He leads the team in goals, assists, and shot blocking.

Eric Wideman has been pretty decent in his first season in the NHL, have played 63 games and recorded 3 shutouts and a .902 SV%

The PK was ranked 4th in the league at 89.1%

The PP was utter rubbish, last in the league at 9.7%

I don't know what the cause for that was, maybe I'll have to make some changes to the coaching staff. Because I believe the PP could've been a lot better since the team has some decent players.

Reedy12
Junior League

Post by Reedy12 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:11 pm

There's a good guide on here for powerplay tactics, among others. I used that and it improved my PP quite a bit.

frisland
Junior League

Post by frisland » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:34 pm

Just finished my 14th season with NYRangers, poor goaltending and a bad penalty kill left me in 7th in the east, my worst finish ever in those 14 years. Around January i traded my backup goalie and called up a former 1st rounder - he finished 1-5-2 as backup. My starter (3rd round regen from 2011) recovered somewhat from his 3.1 gaa and .890 sv% year to beat the islanders in 7, then he gets hurt in first game vs washington. not having much faith in my current backup, i recall swedish regen from hartford and he goes 4-1 to win the series. Now starter is healthy, torn what to do i put him back in and lose to boston in 5. Third year in a row we lose in the conference finals.

No idea which of the three is my starter next season.

frisland
Junior League

Post by frisland » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:39 pm

Another weird thing from this game: Tampa was doing the thing where the only staff they have is a GM (no coach/no scouts) so after i get eliminated I add the TB GM for a week to hire some staff then retire for them to hire someone new. Mid week the game tells me TB is over reserve list limits, for some reason its counting restricted free agents under contract elsewhere against my 50 contracted players, had to release the rights to 8-10 guys.

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner
Custom Rank: TIMMAH TEEEEE!!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by timmy_t » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:49 pm

frisland wrote:Another weird thing from this game: Tampa was doing the thing where the only staff they have is a GM (no coach/no scouts) so after i get eliminated I add the TB GM for a week to hire some staff then retire for them to hire someone new. Mid week the game tells me TB is over reserve list limits, for some reason its counting restricted free agents under contract elsewhere against my 50 contracted players, had to release the rights to 8-10 guys.
Yeah, that happens sometimes. RFA's do count against your "rights," but I've never seen them count against your roster 50. :dunno:

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:34 pm

I have. you have to get rid of guys completely (or get rid of other players you have rights to) If you have rights to a guy,in EHM that was under contract but is no longer (RFA playing in Euro) that is against your 50 in the game. Annoying and buggy but true. Game still considers them under contract if at any point in time you did have them, even if you do not currently.

Animal31
Fourth Line
Favourite Team: Abbotsford Heat

Post by Animal31 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:55 am

timmy_t wrote:
frisland wrote:Another weird thing from this game: Tampa was doing the thing where the only staff they have is a GM (no coach/no scouts) so after i get eliminated I add the TB GM for a week to hire some staff then retire for them to hire someone new. Mid week the game tells me TB is over reserve list limits, for some reason its counting restricted free agents under contract elsewhere against my 50 contracted players, had to release the rights to 8-10 guys.
Yeah, that happens sometimes. RFA's do count against your "rights," but I've never seen them count against your roster 50. :dunno:
Really? They ALWAYS count against my 50

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by timmy_t » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:58 am

Animal31 wrote:
timmy_t wrote:
Really? They ALWAYS count against my 50

You're absolutely right... I never noticed this before because the reserve list was always so jumbled but I organized it by contracted and saw the RFA's there. :oops:

outdooral
Minor League

Post by outdooral » Thu May 02, 2013 8:47 pm

Weather is getting nicer by the day and will have less time to spend gaming so wont enter the Sabres Challenge . Im going to continue on with the Leafs from the challenge.
Going into season 5 I will relax the rules just a bit for a few more transactions but will keep it pretty tight overall.
I want to see how Barkvov turns out as well as a few other of my draft picks....I also want to finally get Kadri off my roster.

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by timmy_t » Thu May 02, 2013 10:38 pm

I'm torn about the Sabres challenge too. I have 4 or 5 saves from other challenges that I want to mess with, but there's only so much time in a day...

Animal31
Fourth Line

Post by Animal31 » Thu May 16, 2013 12:29 am

Tyees wrote:No real playable league structure changes.

Made 3 new non playable leagues, the NHL Development League (All 30 teams get a farm team), a Sr Mens Division (30 Teams affiliate with 10 Teams) and another private league to "challenge" the NHL.

With all that, the AHL and ECHL should be more challenging to play as now you get the slim pickings of whats left. Pretty much my whole goal
Do your ECHL teams work with their farm teams?

Like do they send players down?

helmespc
Top Prospect

Post by helmespc » Fri May 17, 2013 12:00 am

My best player is "looking for another challenge".... does this ever go away or do I need to start looking to move him?

philou21
The Great One
Custom Rank: 24 cups!!!

Post by philou21 » Fri May 17, 2013 12:49 am

helmespc wrote:My best player is "looking for another challenge".... does this ever go away or do I need to start looking to move him?
Happened to me with Kovalchuk a long time ago after 7-8 winning seasons and 2-3 Cups. It can vanished for some times but it will just come back weeks/months later. I even tried to make my team suck just for keeping him with me but that didn't worked.

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Sun May 19, 2013 12:08 pm

So uh... what do you do when your team is at risk of missing the playoffs after winning the Stanley Cup the previous season?

This is the same team I won the cup with last season as well. I didn't make any significant trades... WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO, GAIZ?

timmy_t
Stanley Cup Winner

Post by timmy_t » Sun May 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Change up your tactics or lines. Shake it up!

Other teams will figure you out eventually. 8-)

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:20 am

Welp, my team pooped and missed the playoffs as the 9th seed.

Does anyone know how I can get a player to waive his No-Trade Clause?

Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

Post by Tasku » Mon May 20, 2013 4:03 am

CanucksFan1993 wrote:Welp, my team pooped and missed the playoffs as the 9th seed.

Does anyone know how I can get a player to waive his No-Trade Clause?
You could try offering him a new contract -- without NTC. :dunno:

Animal31
Fourth Line

Post by Animal31 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:33 am

Im playing in Sweden with the Nybro vikings, trying to get them an Elitsarien Cup, but im having difficulty getting out of 7th in the ALL

Im basically forced to overpay for prospects and good players, and spam weaker players to fill my rostor, holding on to what sticks. Its pretty difficult.

Im not sure how to get players other than buying them, will regens show up on Nybro J18?

Kopi
Fourth Line

Post by Kopi » Mon May 20, 2013 9:09 am

Animal31 wrote:Im playing in Sweden with the Nybro vikings, trying to get them an Elitsarien Cup, but im having difficulty getting out of 7th in the ALL

Im basically forced to overpay for prospects and good players, and spam weaker players to fill my rostor, holding on to what sticks. Its pretty difficult.

Im not sure how to get players other than buying them, will regens show up on Nybro J18?
yes they will! Every year you should get some new youngsters in your youth team.

How to get players...sign them on free transfer or loan some of them from top division. For Canadians or Americans wait till the start of the season or even a bit late and maybe try to pick some of the NHL/AHL players..

Return to “General EHM Chat”