How's it going in EHM2007? What team Are You?

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay, online gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Re: How's it going in EHM2007? What team Are You?

Post by batdad » Tue May 28, 2013 12:05 am

Tasku wrote:
CanucksFan1993 wrote:Welp, my team pooped and missed the playoffs as the 9th seed.

Does anyone know how I can get a player to waive his No-Trade Clause?
You could try offering him a new contract -- without NTC. :dunno:
Randomly discipline him a couple to three times. Fine him 1-2 times. He will get peeved and ask for a trade. Careful though if his teammates like him you may end up with bad morale and another trade or two you will need to make.

outdooral
Minor League

Post by outdooral » Tue May 28, 2013 6:05 pm

Slowly, and I mean slowly getting into Season 5 with my defending Cup champion Leafs team from the challenge.
Off season moves, we finally parted ways with Komisarek after 4 solid seasons. he missed only 4 games in 4 years and was a solid 7.2-7.4 rating, he signed with Anaheim for a lot less then he wanted from us.
I also lost Gunnerson on waivers so lost a bit of depth on defense.

I signed 2 free agents. My #1 signing was Steve Downie for 3 years at 2.2 mil/season, staying in challenge rules. I also signed Jeff Petry for 2 years for 575,00,(so still pretty fair) to bolster the defense.Training camp was good as was the preseason ( always).

Morgan Reilly was still not ready to move up so will be staying with the Marlies for another year at least.
I really want to give Barkov a solid chance to make the team so played him in the preseason and 6 games so far as my #2 center with Grabovsky and Kulyomin on the wings. 6 games so far and he has 2G 2A +1 and a 7.67 rating. Im going to give him 4 more games then decide if he stays up or goes down for another season.

so 6 games in we are 3-2-1 and in 11th place great Pk 89.7%, lousy PP 13.3 % ( I still cant get that fixed )
Start of season lines look like this

JVR-Bergeron-Kessel
Grabovsky-Barkov-Kulyomin
Lupul-J.Thorton-Downie
StevenHarper ( my 2nd pick in the Barkov draft)-Colborne-Orr

Kadri, MacArthur,
Kostka

outdooral
Minor League

Post by outdooral » Tue May 28, 2013 6:13 pm

forgot my d men Alzner-Phaneuf,Liles-Franson,Schultz-Petry, And still have N. Backstrom and Brian Elliot in goal

Wroom
Drafted

Post by Wroom » Fri May 31, 2013 11:59 pm

Planned on giving it one last year to win Chara a SC. Well. At lest the insurance was in order.

And, with Nashville. I managed to trade Steven Stamkos and a 5th round pick to my team for Nikolai Zherdev(1st/2nd line winger), James Wisniewski(4th/5th/6th d-man) and Bryan Little(currently 3rd line center). What a steal that was.

JI123
Learning to skate

Post by JI123 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:12 am

Look at this gem I selected 2nd overall in 2022 (or 2021). He scored 80 points in 82 games in his 18 year old rookie season. (his first game he was 18 years 30 day old!) and as you can see he is doing very well in 1st/2nd line duty so far this season. He is a top defensive player along with him being the top hitter on my team.

thego86
Learning to skate

Post by thego86 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:08 am

Been playing this series since 2006 or something and never really had any succes. I think it took me years (in real life :D) before I even won my first cup. Was on a break for a long time before a couple of months ago I started playing again.. And I just don´t know what the hell is happening here! I started with Ducks (I just love Teemu) and got knocked out in the first round of playoffs on my first season. But after that:

This is just so weird :D I usually win about about one cup per 50 seasons of NHL but now I´ve won eight out of nine! At the moment I´m also managing Team Latvia and just advanced to World Championship Semi Finals. I even won the Qualifying Group :dunno:

I got all the latest rosters and updates etc from here befaure I started playing with Ducks and I was wondering if anything had changed in the updates or something or am I just being this lucky or something? :-? Oh and here are my regular season records:

Mikus1111
Learning to skate

Post by Mikus1111 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:17 pm

My 2012-2013 Blackhawks season got off to the rockiest start possible. I decided to start one real career after dabbling around with different databases and teams, but this wasn't the start I had in mind. My Lines:

Offense:
Sharp - Toews - Kane
Stalberg - Bolland - Hossa
Frolik - Handzus -Shaw
Bickell - Kruger - B. Smith
Olesz, Carcillo

Defense:
Keith - Seabrook
Hjalmarsson - Rozsival
Oduya - Leddy
Montador

Goalies:
Matt Zaba
Alec Richards

Never heard of my goalies? Not surprised. I obtained Zaba because he had an impressive showing in the training camp on his try-out and Richards has been in the Blackhawks system since dinosaurs roamed the Earth, but never had a shot of cracking the Blackhawks line-up. They were forced to play after my 1st, 2nd and 3rd string goalies all got injured. First to go down was Emery(2nd string). In the final preseason game he tore his UCL. Gone for 4 months. Next was Crawford(1st string). Fractured wrist. 3 weeks. Then we have Carter Hutton, my 3rd string goalie. Groin strain, 3 weeks as well. Since I always play a mostly offensive game, I need my goalies to contribute. Zaba had been a career minor leaguer with one NHL game. He had played in the Italian league for two seasons. He came on to a try-out and was really good in the training camp. I gave him one pre-season game and we shut out the Devils 2-0. I was sold, the more good goalies in the system, the better. Or so I thought. After just a couple of games I understood that he was not ready for the NHL. I am currently 3-4-4 and 11th in Western Conference. Zaba's record was 1-5 and a pathetic 6.29 GAA with 5.40 MR. Really hope that we can turn it around, because I am currently nowhere near what the real Hawks achieved this season. My skaters have done their best. Toews currently second in scoring with 20(7+13) points. Team is leading league in PP%(29.8%) and last in PK%(73.6%). Just 11 games in the season, but so much to say.

Paralelly, I am managing Dinamo Riga of KHL and we are struggling, just like we were in real life. 18 games in, 4-13-1-0-0 and 1-9 in the last 10. 18th place of 19. Trying to find those right tactics and line combinations, but haven't been able to do so just yet. My goalies have had equal status and all have been equally average. My lines(very likely to change):

Offense:
Giroux - Schremp - Ņiživijs
Cipulis - Johnson - Indrašis
Bukarts - Szczechura - Karsums
Podziņš - Skvorcovs - Ankipāns
Biezais, Ivanāns

Defense:
K. Rēdlihs - Carle
Galviņš - Reķis
Cibuļskis - J. Rēdlihs
Laviņš - Sotnieks
Andersons

Goalies:
Tellqvist(1-6, 3.46GAA) - Jučers(1-3, 3.94GAA) - Gudļevskis(2-4-1, 3.68GAA)

Although struggling, I am really enjoying the battle so far. More updates to potentially come.

outdooral
Minor League

Post by outdooral » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Still continuing with the Leafs.I finally managed to trade Kadri in Oct for Darren Helm, Not as capable offensively but a better fit for my 3rd or 4th line and some Pk duties.In 37 Games he has just been ok with 7G 2A +1 with a 6.84 rating.

I kept Barkov up and have been giving him consistent 2 nd line duties with occasional PP. He had a bit of a letdown recently but in 50 games has 8 G 22 A ,-1, 7.16 Rat. He won rookie of the month on Oct and Dec.

Overall its been a bit of an up and down season so far. We are leading the league in G for Avg at 3.89 and are 11th in GAA at 3.06.
But after 54 games we are 4th in the east with 68 pts (29-15-10). Way behind Montreal who are 38-14-5 and have 81pts.
Weakness is special teams PP is a miserable 13.4 % (27th) and PK has dropped to 85.7% (8th)

Niclas Backstrom started the year as my #1 goalie again, but was giving up a lot of goals. when I looked at his attributes all his physical ones are down in single digits other then Balance (19) and Agility (12) at 38 I think he is getting old and slow.
I then started giving Brian Elliot the majority of the starts but it took him awhile to get some consistency. He has now started 37games and has a GAA of 2.81 and a 90 sv %

I think we are really missing Komisarek, and the defense other then my 1st pair of Karl Alzner and Phaneuf are struggling. I might have to split them up.
None of Holzer, Jeff Petry or Nick Schultz are very dependable. Ive been thinking of bring up Morgan Reilly to see how he does but would prefer for him to get the whole season in the AHL and bring him up next year at 23 years old

Dadonov63
Junior League

Post by Dadonov63 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:00 am

I have played one season with Phoenix.. 6th in my conf, and conf final loss against Kings.. Overall im happy with the season.
I traded Kunitz to the team and signed free agent Samsonov.. Klesla missed the whole regular season due to knee injury. Hanzal was voted to 2nd place by the players in the league. Doan reached 40 goals and 85p total. Boedker was my best player in the playoff! This is how i played the most of the season:

Kunitz-Hanzal-Doan
Vrbata-Vermette-Boedker
Samsonov-Macmillan-Korpikoski
Bissonnette-Gordon-Moss

Yandle-Michalek
OEL-Morris
Summers-Rundblad

Smith
Labarbera

I drafted Eric Roy with my first pick, and i had two first round picks so i also picked Josh Morrisey.
In the offseason i traded Kunitz, two 2nd round picks for Milan Lucic. Laperrie was my only FA signing and I managed to pick Beleskey from waivers also! The team looks the same but Samsonov, Kunitz and Gordon is not apart of the team any more.

deknegt
Drafted

Post by deknegt » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:08 pm

I came across an interesting trade opportunity and I am really unsure if to go through with it or not.

I am playing as the Carolina Hurricanes in the first season with the newest database.

Hurricanes trade - Alexander Semin -
Rangers trade - Marc Staal -

Now I am left with a tough decision.

I am currently in mid-january, and Semin has not yet given any interest in signing a new deal. He is dominating the NHL with 66 points though and he is #2 on the point list, 1 point behind Ovie.
I am not sure if he is going to want to sign a new contract, and even if he does - it will probably cost me an arm and a leg to get him to sign a multi-year deal. I am under the cap, so it's not that big of a deal, but it's still a lot of money.

Marc Staal on the other hand is an elite defender who is no doubt a franchise defender. He will have 2 years left after this season on a very nice 4M deal. It will put me even deeper under the salary cap, but that gives me a lot of leverage in free agency and also towards my RFA's like Skinner and Jordan Staal.
Not only the money and the skill, he will also complete the family in the Hurricanes organisation, and I can have a team that has all the Staal brothers ready to write history.

So I either keep an elite scorer who scores like it's nothing and maybe face resigning woes, or I trade him away for the 4th Staal who is a top class defender with a better contract for the future...

I would love some ideas from the rest of you on this, because I am really in a pickle here.

Also here is the current lineup as it is...

Semin - Eric - Mikkel Bodker (traded for Ruutu)
Skinner - Jordan - LaRose
David Booth (Waivers) - Boychuck - Cheechoo
Samson - Brent - Westgarth

Pitkanen - Gleason
Bergeron - Corvo
Gragnani - McBain
Last edited by deknegt on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

philou21
The Great One
Custom Rank: 24 cups!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by philou21 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:14 pm

I would certainly reunite the Staal brothers! :-D

deknegt
Drafted

Post by deknegt » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:18 pm

And do you have any other reason for that other than the fact that reuniting the Staal brothers is absolutely amazing?

philou21
The Great One
Custom Rank: 24 cups!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by philou21 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:06 pm

In all honesty no.....I don't really like Semin and I think the Staal brothers all have great talent, except for Jared maybe. Eric is a good scorer, Jordan is a nice defensive foward and Marc is a pretty solid d-men. You have three key players for different tasks and them being the Staal brothers is even cooler IMO. :-D

diag
Junior League

Post by diag » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Had a quite funny story about my Calgary Flames save with the 5.3d rosters.
We were going in to the second season with a playoff spot as the seasons goal, as we missed it the previous season. The new rosters additions was Sven Bärtschi, and Iginla making his return to Calgary. Both getting top 6 minutes.

The season started and it didn't went as good as I had expected. Our position varied between 12-14 during December. Some of the players really preformed (Mikael Backlund had a stunning 9 avg rating and was in the Art Trophy race. He was the part of a topline of Cammalleri-Backlund-Iginla. They were fantastic)
But they, together with Kipper, was the only ones actually preforming, the rest of the teams (Especially the d) had a hard time during this season.
I decided to go on vacation for a while to rebuild the team for another season. As I left the computer during the vacation, the most unexpected happened: I got fired.
I didn't really bother re:add myself since they've already made some stupid trades etc, so I just started up with another save.

It was a few days later, when I was utterly bored, when I decided to make another try with the Calgary Flames. I loaded the game from the last autosave, which were around where I went on vacation the previous try.
This time I changed some tactics, hoping it would work out, since I still though I had a change for a playoff spot. I sure went better, but it wasn't enough. I saw both my powerplay and boxplay struggling, so I felt it was time to check out the market. I started off landing Jared Cowen to get a shutdown role as my 3rd dman pairing aswell as top boxplay minutes. My other trade was one of the best trades I've ever made.

I saw an unhappy John Moore playing bottom minutes in NYR, Moore who had been one of their best prospects, now he wanted out. I was able to land him with the cost of an overrated AHL player + 4th round pick.
Moore instantly got 1st paring minutes and 1st powerplay minutes, both together with Mark Giordano. Oh boy he was an impact player for the Flames...
As he would end up 10 goals and 26 assists in the last 35 games, with an avg rating of almost 9 while in Calgary (compared to the 6.XX he had in New York)

This season ended in the last possible way I thought it could. The Flames was one out of four teams competing for the Presidents Trophy, together with Chicago, Vancouver and the Bruins. A race we would unfortunately loose, only to end up as the 4th seed in the west.

Backlund would end up as the runner up for the Art Trophy with an 100+ point season. Iginla would hit 40+ goals with Cammalleri having sub 40 aswell.
Sven Bärtschi also preformed well, as he won the Calder.
If only John Moore had been with us the whole season, he'd been a lock for the Norris.

Anyway as the playoffs started, we had an quite easy matchup as we faced the Avalanches in the first round, a team we'd dominated during the regular season.
Five games later it was time for the Blues. I expected a hard matchup which most likely would go to seven games, but they were lucky that they weren't sweeped, as they won two OT games. But after those 6 games, it was the time for the WCF against the Chicago Blackhawks. Probably the best team this season.
After a hard fought series we won it in seven, with 3 games going to OT. Now the moment the whole city of Calgary had been waiting for, Iginla and the flames second shot at the Stanley Cup.
This time it was against the Flyers. This might have been the easiest series during the whole playoffs, the first line absolutely KILLED Philly. It ended up a 4-1 series with the Flames on top! Backlund voted MVP with Iginla and Kipper runnerups.

So it was quite an incredible season. Going from almost last in the league to the SC winners. Something I'd never expect :)

TLDR; Calgary Flames, second season -> Not going well -> Vacation -> Kicked from the team -> New try same save -> Won the SC

maikgianino
Junior League

Post by maikgianino » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:56 am

I'm playing with Toledo Walleye in the ECHL, very fun!
Having problems with the salary cap, and some player from NHL that were released and i lost them. I need players for my roster :-k

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:45 pm

maikgianino wrote:I'm playing with Toledo Walleye in the ECHL, very fun!
Having problems with the salary cap, and some player from NHL that were released and i lost them. I need players for my roster :-k
Try signing guys from the CIS(Canadian Interuniversity Sports). They usually come cheap

ExxonPirate
Junior League

Post by ExxonPirate » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:05 pm

After years and years of playing managing NHL teams, I decided I have to change it up. With the 2012/2013 roster update, I started with the AHL's Toronto Marlies, and the ECHL's Reading Royals. I decided, instead of trying to win the cup - which gets monotonous after a while - I'll try to build Toronto's farm system. I've hired capable coaches, and scouts, and have picked up many a fine prospect, but unfortunately, I have no control over the parent club. I picked up Alex Saulnier as an FA, and on my third line he's running a steady 7.40AvR, with 15 points in 15 games. But the Leafs management seems to forget I exist. I really want them to sign Alex, but I don't know how to encourage that. Also, the last time I signed a promising FA, the Panthers leaped in and stole him.

Currently, the Marlies are second in the North with an 11-2-2 record. The Royals are 3rd with 6-2-1. The Marlies have lost the last three, and I'm tinkering with the lineup to fix it.

Most importantly though, I'm trying to increase revenue so I can invest in better practice facilities. Though my coaching tandem is exceptional for an AHL team, my players are not benefiting wholly due to our poor facilities. I'm hoping a deep playoff run will help with this goal.

outdooral
Minor League

Post by outdooral » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:39 pm

Well ,finally finished season 5 with a 2nd consecutive Stanley Cup.
We ended the regular season in 4th place in the East with 103 points. Montreal finished 1st with 108.
Kessel led the league with most goals (55) and points (110).Phanuef had another solid year with 17G 40A and 8.4 rating.Barkov had a good but not great rookie season as my #2 center, but didnt get much PP action. He had 11g 32A 7.19 rating in 72 games .Elliot took over from Backstom as my #1 goalie and went 30-19-8 with a 2.98 GAA, .903 SV % and a 8.10 Rating. My PP got a bit better but was still weak at 14.2%. Im still surprised at this , after all we were the top scoring team with 320 Goals., PK was 85.7%. I played a lot more of an offensive game to hide the weakness of my D. They really drop off after my top pair of Phaneuf,& Alzner . Liles and Franson are ok offensively, but arelacking defensively. None of Holzer, Kostka,Nick Schultz or Jeff Petry ever really established themselves.
We went up against the Rangers in the first rnd and won the first 3 games easily 3-0, 5-3,8-3, then lost game 4 , 4-3 in OT then the next 2 ,1-3 and 4-6 as Corey Schneider found his game. We won 6-3 in game 7 to get out of the first round. Next up was Pittsburgh with MA Fleury out injured and their goaltending left to Patrick Killeen and Curtis McElhinney.Won in 6 games .The East final had us up against the surprise 8th place Tamapa, who beat #1 Montreal and #3 Washington.Their luck ran out against us and we won the series in 5 games.
The Cup final had us in against the Presidents Cup winning Kings. (115pts). A great but nerve wracking series went to game 7 which we won 3-1, for our 2nd Stanley Cup.
Lots of awards came our way. Kessel won the M. Richard,Art Ross,and Con Smythe and came 3rd for th Hart.
J.V.R Came 2nd in the Con Smythe and Lady Byng,Randy Carlye 2nd Jack Adams, and to my ( and eveyone elses suprise) Colton Orr won the Selke...no Adam Oates
Barkov came 2nd in the Calder behind a fantastic season by Columbus’ Jake Virtanen (33G 25 A)

smokey
Minor League
Favourite Team: HIFK, Charlestown Chiefs, Flyers

Post by smokey » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:20 am

maikgianino wrote:I'm playing with Toledo Walleye in the ECHL, very fun!
I had a game, where i started out in the 'dub', and after three seasons with the warriors, I ended up with the Toledo Walleye. Won the Kelly cup in my first season with them, after which I moved onto the AHL. However, I noticed that coaching in the ECHL really is loads of fun, and it does put the managerial skills to the test with a low cap and with some of the other teams sporting lots of NHL-contracted players. This might be old news to you, but I found that a good place to find some untapped talent willing to play in the ECHL are the over-aged players from the canadian junior leagues, who aren't signed by an NHL team. With season 3 onwards there's a good selection of those skilled 21-23 yo players, who usually won't break your bank. Also, I deployed a three line tactic, with whatever leftover players i had on the fourth line, playing a few shifts here and there. So you should be fine even with only three (solid) lines.

As for my current games, I just started a new game as unemployed and got a job managing rivere-du-loup 3L (LNAH in real life) in the CHL. I also have one recently started game with Sudbury in the 'O' and one with the Blades. The only NHL game at is the Buffalo challenge, where I'm still in my first season.

thego
Junior League

Post by thego » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:08 am

thego86 wrote:This is just so weird :D I usually win about about one cup per 50 seasons of NHL but now I´ve won eight out of nine! At the moment I´m also managing Team Latvia and just advanced to World Championship Semi Finals. I even won the Qualifying Group :dunno:
Won two more cups which brings it to total of ten in a row. Funny thing is that I'm not even close to bored yet, I just want to see how many I can win :D It's really a constant battle to keep a team on top for so long. Here is my lineup at the moment (Carey Price, my starter, is injured at the moment):

Keep in mind that it's year 2023 so Getz, Malkin and Perry are all 37-38 years old. Kane is Evander NOT Patrick. I've only traded up on the draft twice (I really hate doing this). First I got Barkov in 2013 and I did have him for 9 seasons but he never really lived to my expectations. Best season was 46p with 7.56 rating and +18. That just wasn't enough for me. Second time was when I got Harlan Rajotte (3rd overall in 2016). He was no Crosby or whatsoever but a big, nasty and brave Power Forward (my favourite type) and I just had to have him :D He was a first line prospect for many seasons but I just couldn't train him well enough and now he is a 3rd line talent. Now that I think of, I think only his stamina has risen about ten points :dunno: But he gets 250+ hits, about 50 blocked shots and around 15 fights per season so I'm happy with him. He has had 91 fights in total with 60 wins.

I got the 3rd overall pick for three picks (1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders), good back-up goalie and a good (5-6) defence prospect. I don't think it really was a steal or anything.

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:44 pm

Picked up this guy late in the 6th round (178th overall) of the 2016 NHL Draft. Currently entering my fourth season with the Carolina Hurricanes.

Not sure how good he's gonna be, but he looks like a late round gem. A potential top six player?

ExxonPirate
Junior League

Post by ExxonPirate » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:05 am

I finished the 07/08 season with Vasteras as a Elitserien relegation team. We finished second in the Allsvenskan behind Sodertaje. It took 10 games to decide who would be promoted and who would not. To win, we had to win the final game, and the 2nd place team Malmo had to lose. We won, 5-3 against Rogle, and Malmo tied against Sodertaje. I nearly cried, one goal away from promotion. But then I realized. The final scores left me with a 6-3-0-1 record, and Malmo with a 5-1-0-3 record. We tied in points, but I had one more win! So it ended with both Vasteras and Sodertaje (Alls teams) being promoted, and Skelleftea and Malmo being relegated.

Over the offseason I signed a defenseman, Viktor Wallin. My budget is set at $660,000, a very limited cap. I am unable to sign many players, and as such, I find myself behind the rest of the league. While my board has very modest expectations (avoid relegation), I believe it'll be a challenge. Each year the budget has improved, and with TV rights this year, I definitely believe the budget will soar. At least I hope...

In my first ever Elitserien game, my coach (to my ire) started my backup, who skipped practice last year and went AWOL for a third of the season - and who only returned because we were promoted (I assume). However, we won against Mora. I lost the next two, including a 5-0 blowout to Frolunda. Relegation here we come...

--

As an side:

I took the job as GM to team France. Knowing Huet was French, I figured I could shape up a decent club, however, pickings were slim. In a small tourney, we managed to beat Belarus 2-0 and Ukraine 2-0. We lost to Latvia 1-0 as well. The upcoming Olympic Qualifications pose a much greater threat as I will be with without Huet because he is playing in Montreal. I expect to lose though Group C is lacking in skill: Romania, Great Britain, France, and China. I could pull away with a victory, but it's really anyone's game.

Kopi
Fourth Line

Post by Kopi » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:41 pm

In my EHM05 im atm at start of 2013/13 season as Phoenix Coyotes and after two very successful seasons (once champs once finalist) several of my players retired...among them Peca and Modin. As Slovenian i try to bring Anze Kopitar as he finaly left LA but he accepted deal of Dallas even i offered him better contract. In my team already play Mursak and i draft some Slovenian goalie and is atm in ECHL. I wont buy anyone for this season as i need a room money and try to renew contracts with Ovechkin, Lecavalier and Oli Jokinen..will be hard so my goals are playoffs and then we will see what happen.

With Slovenian national team i manage to qualy to Olimpic games and looking forward to it. Few of the Canadians with Slovenian passport (due to roots i gave them in save game editor..noone special and all play in Europe) doing very good and really help me to achive that spot.

Anyway still enjoying a lot the game but to be honest thinking maybe after this season to leave Coyotes and go to some other NHL team or even back to CHL and making NHL prospects...or even Europe.

Animal31
Fourth Line
Favourite Team: Abbotsford Heat

Post by Animal31 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:42 pm

I fluffed up my goalie situation so hard

I have Jack Campbell as my started, and I have my brodeur regen training in lowell. I have a 7th round pick for a backup, and I have a 6th round pick as my backup in lowell

the problem is the 6th round pick is really good, but ive never given him a chance, so im trying to give him to a team that will give him a chance, but no one wants him.

In the mean time I signed a kid with high influence to develop into a johan hedberg type, a guy good in the locker room to help with the goalies I bring in. While he's developing, I signed an older goalie to do the same thing

so I have like 8 million goalies

Kinda like the real devils...

Im ok with 3 goalies in the AHL, ones a vet anyway, so he would cut in to some of my older prospects playing time, but I really need to get rid of my 6th rounder. He's good enough to be a 1A if someone would give him the chance, but he's rotting away behind Marty Brodeur

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:48 pm

I'd put that 6th rounder in the ECHL. Good depth is never a bad thing

Return to “General EHM Chat”