How's it going in EHM2007? What team Are You?

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay, online gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
Animal31
Fourth Line
Favourite Team: Abbotsford Heat

Re: How's it going in EHM2007? What team Are You?

Post by Animal31 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:52 pm

Id rather not have him, which is the problem. I had another really good goalie that I traded away fro a couple of picks, he ended up winning the calder, or at least close to it. I was trying to do the same with him, but its not working out. Guys just dont need goalies and im loaded with them

Animal31
Fourth Line

Post by Animal31 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:12 am

Managed to get a scrub and a 6th for him. I sent him to Ottawa where they have 6 goalies, but he's already third on the depth chart

Kopi
Fourth Line

Post by Kopi » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:21 am

I have 5 goalies under contract...two in NHL, 1 in AHl, 1 in ECHL and 1 in CHL. I just want them to play and get icetime. They always seems to play infront of players that are signed by their teams.

khriztian
Junior League

Post by khriztian » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:57 pm

I'm new to the game, so I'm getting used to everything. Reading tutorials and guides more than anything actually.

Kopi
Fourth Line

Post by Kopi » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:37 pm

EHM 05...still coyotes and its season 2015/16 and im going probaby to win stanley again. Before the season i got Kopitar finaly...he was free agent and 10 teams offer him contract including me...he picked NYR and after a week they put him on block :-D so i trade for him 2nd round pick in next draft and Fata =D>

Funny thing is in my 5th season (3 Stanleys one loss in final) now and i dont trade at all...i do have luck with picks i guess or tactic and kinda feel bad to leave PHO after this season. But i need Challange!!

BTW with Slovenia i was a big surprise in Olympics a season before...lost to USA 4:3 to reach semis. Really had a great tournament!

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:55 am

I'm entering my second year as the manager of the New York Islanders and the first major trade I made was acquiring Brian Elliot and a second round pick from the Blues in exchange Nino Niederreiter. I also traded away Thomas and DiPietro for draft picks and prospect depth. Another move I made was in early December, acquiring Drew Stafford from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for a second round draft pick and a 7th round draft pick.

The first half was going fine, we were 6th in Eastern Conference. However during the trade deadline, I assumed we were going to be a playoff team and I felt we were short on depth on left wing, so I traded our third and fourth round pick of 2013 to the Sharks in exchange for Raffi Torres. I also acquired Kyle Clifford from the LA Kings in exchange for a career AHLer. I thought moving forward the team would make the playoffs, until we went on this RIDICULOUS losing streak. We missed the playoffs as the 11th seeded team. :thdn:

I honestly don't know what went wrong, Tavares and Grabner for the most part were healthy and on paper the team was looking like a team that could do some damage in the postseason. :dunno:

This game can be pretty frustrating at times and now I have some salary cap problems to deal with and I also have to figure out who I should resign and let go.

Animal31
Fourth Line

Post by Animal31 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:12 pm

CanucksFan1993 wrote: New York Islanders
You know what you did

Kopi
Fourth Line

Post by Kopi » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:48 am

Hmm after a long time i had 2 enforcers in the team yet got two big injuries on top players just before playoffs (both from hits)...Vincent Lecavalier 8 months out and Maxim Afinogenov 4 months out. Now if i win a Stanley with this team that would even surprise me. Must say its pretty strange season so far for me as had also injured Ovechkin twice this season for 1 to 3 weeks. Never had so many injures but ok..that makes game even more interesting!

Coz of injuries i lost regular season championship in last game...i did pass the 1st round of playoffs against SJ Sharks 4:3.. :roll:

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:34 pm

I ended up making the playoffs in my second season with the Islanders as the 7th seed only to get swept by the Rangers in the first round.... Figures. :thup:

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:02 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!

Kopi
Fourth Line

Post by Kopi » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:30 pm

I made it to finals and lost 4:2 in series against TBL. Was really weird last 15 games of the season and playoffs as during playoffs i lost 2 or 3 D players on 10-20 days injuries and the shock came just before the finals that doctors advised Vincent Lecavalier to retire (8 month injury). ](*,)
During off season i sign Jordan Staal to be center in my 2nd line and promote Kopitar on 1st due to Vincents retirement.

coombs14
Top Prospect

Post by coombs14 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:03 am

Kopitar and Staal down the middle is a pretty good one-two punch. I find that Staal works really well on the second line but can't really cut first line duty.

Kopi
Fourth Line

Post by Kopi » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:20 am

coombs14 wrote:Kopitar and Staal down the middle is a pretty good one-two punch. I find that Staal works really well on the second line but can't really cut first line duty.
Yeah i think i have pretty good team and again was predicted to be 1st favourite to win the Stanley:

G: Miller G2: Montoya
DL: Colin White DR: Orpik LF: Ovechkin C: Kopitar RF: Jokinen
DL: D`Orazio DR: Hickey LF: Mursak* C: J.Staal RF: P.Kane
DL: Spiller DR: Zimin (regen) LF: Pance** C: Lehman RF: Afinogenov
LF: Fedoruk C: //// RF: McMorrow

Since im Slovenian i do try and bring good SLO players in our organization (have two in AHL as well that i drafter in 6th and 7th round).
* Mursak wasnt even drafted in my game yet i gave him a chance and he play very good.
** Pance is also Slovenian..he was drafted by NY Rangers and spend like 4-5 season in AHL then i sign him and doing pretty good in 3rd line. I guess he had random PA as he never in any game before was drafted to NHL. On the other hand Mursak was always drafted but not in this game.

Afinogenov and Jokinen are getting old but still get me great numbers.

After this year i will for sure have to bring guys from AHL as only J.Stall, P.Kane, Lehman, Orpik, Hickey, Miller and Montoya have contracts for next year and we are just under salary cap!

Edit:
update 5 day later:
Checked Pance PA and its 80 and he was drafted in 1st round by NYR as 26th. :doh: This season he is struggling and will leave my team after the season...

I started season very good was leading the league after 25 games...yet i started to struggle big time..J.Stall just started to suck so i had kinda 1,2 mil in my salary cup still available and kinda funny at new years Malkin accept to join me for 2 seasons at 1,1 mil per season. :joy:

My atm 7th in the conference (after 60 games) but will for sure make it for playoffs as i just got playing better and better..

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:07 pm

In my third season as the GM of the Islanders, we made it to the second round. Defeated the Rangers in OT2 of Game 6 to clinch the series, Erik Gudbranson with the game winner.

In the second round, we ended up facing the 2nd seeded Washington Capitals and we won both games on the road, leading the series 2 - 0. However after that our top penalty killers couldn't shut down Washington's powerplay and they totally dismantled us, winning 4 straight games.

Washington had the best powerplay in the regular season, hovering around 23%

In the playoffs their powerplay was hovering around 30%

Probably could've won the series if their powerplay wasn't clicking.

mAcy
Junior League

Post by mAcy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:35 am

When i saw the Updated Unfaking DB v6.0 i jizzed in my pants and i havent moved from my couch after that. :beer:

I started with the Caps and for the first time really sat down and thought about the tactics for my team. I wanted 2 Offensive lines, third was the ultra-checking line and in fourth i had couple youngsters and my hero Mr. Donald Brashear (who had 550 penalty mins in the season; half my all penalty mins and 280 mins more than the second guy in the league :joy: )

Well general manager expected me to improve the team during the year and i reall did. Cant remember the first lineup i had but after the trade deadline it was:

Ovechkin - Forsberg - Zednik
Semin - Fedorov - S.Kapanen
Axelsson - Zubrus - J.Ruutu
Brashear - Laich - Fehr (Also Fleischmann played 55 games in top 2 lines)

Pronger - Green
Wesley - Streit
Morrisonn - Chelios (Eminger)

Aebischer
Markkanen

Well, i finished 4th in regular season and Ovechkin won the Rocket trophy. He also would've won the Ross but he injured in 78th game and Lidström(!) went ahead. :rant: Ovy had 118 points, Semin 94, Fedorov 82, Zednik 57, Fleischmann 32 and Forsberg/Kapanen had about point per game in their games.

Well, when Ovechkin injured i thought that i had no chance to win a single game in playoffs. Well Rangers led the first series 3-1 but then i Ovechkin returned to light practise. He had 2 Hat tricks and i won the series 4-3. After that i won Canadiens and Sabres and reached to Finals with Flames. Funny thing, Markkanen had become my starting goalie. In the finals games went reeeeally equally. Two games went to 3rd Overtime and two were 1 goal wins. An then it happened, in the 5th game AGAIN Ovechkin injured. ](*,)
Well you can guess the rest....no happy ending. But who knows, maybe newt year with Bäckström and Varlamov.... ;)

diag
Junior League

Post by diag » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:12 pm

So I started a game with the caps myself, using the UUDB 6.0. And oh god Ovechkin is good.
Didn't do any major trades other then getting Visnovsky at the deadline, other then that I had pretty much the original roster.
So running a kinda run and gun offense, on a line with Zubrus and Clark, Ovechkin ended up with 80+76 in 77 games, winning everything possible. Lost against Buffalo in the ECF tho...

Playing season two now. Had one huge FA signing in Bertuzzi + having Bäckström arriving from Sweden. These two forming the first line together with Ovechkin, with Zubrus and Clark moving down one line to play with Semin.
So 49 games into the season, Ovechkin has 54+50 in 43 games, Bäckström 18+70 in 49 and Bertuzzi 31+42 in 49. Having a power play % of 24% which is one of the best I've had, and thats with Green out for 4 months...

So to summarize this: OVIE IS A GOD IN THIS GAME :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Ozzman
Junior League

Post by Ozzman » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:35 am

Yesterday night I went into the Stanley Cup-finals in my first season as the Blues.

My cup-lines are mostly like this:

Leopold - Pietrangelo
Stuart - Shattenkirk
Russell - Polak

McDonald - Backes - Stewart
Steen - Berglund - Oshie
Sobotka - Helm - Langenbrunner
Stålberg - Porter - Tarasenko

I cant wait to get off work and get the finals going. Rangers are my opponents.

Update: Lost in game seven. Rats. And Matt Cooke won Selke Trophy.

XenHL
Minor League
Custom Rank: Retro Rosters Star!

Post by XenHL » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:55 am

This is where I currently am in my long-term game using the 1974 DB (v2.0). The only change I made before starting was to swap out the Seattle Totems with my favourite WHA team, the Cincinnati Stingers...

I'm set for a while with this team, I think!

Took a while to break that Habs dynasty!

XenHL
Minor League
Custom Rank: Retro Rosters Star!

Post by XenHL » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:01 am

I should mention that that 08/09 Finals appearance was a total fluke, and the Habs just /destroyed/ me! :D

One more screenshot:

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:41 am

LOL. Vancouver Canucks 2006-07 with the UUDB 6.1 DB that was put out there. Canucks finish 3rd in conference, out in 2nd round to Anaheim. Drafting 27th overall, plus have LA Kings 2nd round pick and an extra 4th round pick from trades b4 game starts.

During season moves:

1. Picked up Weinhandl on waivers in ex season to see what would happen if played with the twins. Wienhandl 75 games 18-22-40. So not bad
2. Picked up Byron Ritchie on waivers, as 4th line on this team sucks. He hardly played because he sucks. Did not resign him.
3. Nearing the deadline traded (only deal I made) MIchael Grabner's rights, Bliznak and a 5th to Nashville for SCOTT HARTNELL. Good deal for me as is good young RW who will fit in with Nazzy and Mo for now and Twins later.
4. Also traded at end of season Julien Ellis and Jozef Balej to Boston for BRAD MARCHAND. LOL.

Marchand is not yet signed.

NHL ENTRY DRAFT--This is the funny part.

Round 1--27th Kevin Shattenkirk LD
Round 2-40th-Ryan McDonugh LD
Round 2--54th Colby Cohen RD

Three D...but what is even funnier is that I did not notice this before I drafted but in this Database....Colby Cohen and Shattenkirk are listed as Favorite staff for each other. They are going to Uni together too.

So why 3 D right off...

Here are the Forwards that went after them

Shattenkirk--Carl Hagelin. Not reporting well with my scouts. 3-4 line, vs Shat all 1-2 dman reports
McDonough--MIchael Backlund--mixed 1-2 line, but just did not like his stats. Maybe an error here.
Cohen--all no names. 4 picks later Thureson, 8 picks later Aliu. THERE WERE NO FORWARDS

4th-109 ben Smith--college bound kid
4th-COrey Tropp--college bound kid
4th-back to the dmen with Nathan Martine (looks really good, but may not develop)
5th-Aaron Pulashaj. Forwards suck.
6th--some Russian sieve
7th-Some useless Russian forward

So yeah...I am set for defense for awhile. Just thought the 3 in a row were funny.

Lazion
Second Line
Favourite Team: Flyers

Post by Lazion » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:38 am

batdad wrote:4th-back to the dmen with Nathan Martine (looks really good, but may not develop)
I remember this kid from one of my saves.
He won Calder trophy and developed to good and cheap 5-6 dmen.. I think that he logged nearly 8 averages every year.

CJ
TBL Rosters Researcher
Custom Rank: Formerly jhcjobpb
Favourite Team: Florida Panthers

Post by CJ » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:21 am

Glad you guys are enjoying UUDB. :-)

Hipster_Cubone
Learning to skate

Post by Hipster_Cubone » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Started with the Atlanta Thrashers, default game, from the 06-07 season, now in the 15-16 offseason.
Won the Stanley Cup 3 times, President's Trophy winners once.
Missed the playoffs once, won the Southeast Division 8 times.
This is without Kovalchuk, I couldn't clear cap space to resign him in 08-09, and he left.. for Russia. ](*,)
But lines as of now consist of:
fwds

Sundstrom-M.Koivu-Hossa<A>
Bergeron<A>-Kaidorov-Weinhandl
Neal-Little-Gow
Simard*-Kulemin-Grabovsky
*Simard is a rookie, just came in this year, but although his attributes are good, he still has two years of junior eligibility. thing is, i don't have depth at all on the left wing, nor in Chicago. do i keep him.?

D pairs
Sekera-Montgomery
Emelin<C> -St.Jacques
Tanabe-Scheffelmaier

Luongo
Horcicka

I usually have my tacts set at run and gun, but i've switched to a physical off. type this year, due to the fact that Bergeron, Hossa, Simard and Scheffelmaier are the only ones that have speed and acceleration ratings at 14+.
Thoughts.?

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:53 pm

Finished my third season now with the Canucks in UUDB 6.1
Some very very interesting results.

Season 1--finished 2nd overall, lost in 2nd round of playoffs.
Season 2--finished 2nd overall, lost in 1st round of playoffs. What was interesting here was that the teams that advanced past the first round were the 5 through 8 seeds in the Western Conference.
Season 3-Won the President Trophy, and the Stanley Cup.

Here is what was CRAZY

Played the Blackhawks first round

Game 1 Vancouver 4 Chicago 3 4th overtime-winner Stempniak (more on him later)
Game 2 Vancouver 2 Chicago 1 2nd overtime-winner Ohlund
Game 3 Vancouver 4 Chicago 2 2nd overtime-winner Morrison
Game 4 Vancouver 4 Chicago 1

2nd ROund played the LA Kings and we won in 7 games. Road series, until game 7 road team won every game

Game 2 went to Double overtime, LA won (Sykora)
Game 3 went to 4th overtime-Winner Stempniak
Game 4 went to 1 0vertime--winner Naslund
Game 5 went to 1 overtime--winner Cammalleri

Game 6 and 7 I won by 2 goals each.

Round 3--Nashville

Game 1 OVERTIME--WINNER STEMPNIAK (his 3rd of playoffs)
Game 2 2 OVERTIMES--Nashville wins Knuble

THen went on to defeat the New York ISlanders (who had Sundin, Morrow, Liles, Aebischer, Poti, Mark Stuart, Viktor Kozlov, Miro Satan) in 5 games. And actually no Overtime

6-3-1 in overtime with at least 6 of those going more than one OT and at least 2 going 4 OT. INSANITY.

My lineup ....

explanation on Stempniak--Kind of broke my rule here, but they came calling to me. They were dead last in the west on January 20. I checked the 3 bottom eastern teams, and I needed a RW...not one of them had one on an expiring contract. Nothing was available even with 4th worst eastern team.

So Blues came knocking on my door...wanting Andrei Kostitsyn who had been my Deadline pickup in year 2.

I countered with Andrei and a 2nd for STempniak and Adam Cracknell and they went for it.

STempniak went on a tear for me....scoring 16-22-38 in 37 games as a Canuck. Wow.

Cracknell--was a great 4th line guy who was up and down between Manitoba and ended up scoring two playoff game winners. He is likely getting third line time in season 4. I was shocked by him. He is pretty good.

So my lineup for the 3rd season was this for the most part after the deadlinel

Naslund-Morrison-Hartnell (1st year deadline from Philly--Yeah, Nashville had sent him there during 1st year exhibition)
Sedin-Sedin-Stempniak
Pyatt-Kesler-Hansen (various guys including Cracknell got time here)
Raymond-Gaustad (deadline deal year 2)-Cracknell
Hansen, Latendresse

Hansen, Latendresse, Cracknell and Raymond all spent time in AHL..

Ohlund-Salo
Fitzpatrick-Edler
Bourdon-Bieksa
M Greene (minimum salary UFA)

Luongo
Schneider

Going forward...Sammy Salo will be leaving us as an UFA. I have work to do to get down as the twins needed new deals and had to pay them big time (5.2 each).

May have to let Hartnell or Pyatt and one or two others go. They will be dealt for scrub prospects, as I will not take advantage of the AI on this one.

I was surprised how well Stempniak did....really felt that the Kotstitsyn and 2nd pick would be pretty much even up for Lee and Cracknell. But it was a steal of a deal for now...as kostytsyn who did well for me (7.2 ratings as 3 line and pp guy) sucked in St Louis as 2nd line guy there.

Moving forward to the draft...

my 2nd draft i got..

Andrei Loktionov
Kevin Poulin-round 2
Michael Stone - Round 3
Vitaly Karamnov-Round 4
Shawn Lalonde-Round 5
Gerome Gluidice-Round 6
Arnaud Jacquemet -Round 7

Loktionov is looking real good in the Q as is Stone in W and Karamnov and Poulin (both also in Q)

Jacquemet graduates from the WHL and have just offered him a contract. Likely bound for Victoria for a year.

4 young dmen are battling for the final spot on the roster for next season.

Marine, McDonough, Shattenkirk and Sevc. All played in Manitoba as top 4 and all but Martine had over 7.5 ratings. Sevc has the inside track as he has been with the team longer, and is 2 years older than the others.

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:50 pm

Season 4---2009-10 UUDB 6.1 Vancouver Canucks

What a season. Won the Presidents Trophy. Defeated Nashville in the playoffs in 5 games in round 1
Round 2-Anaheim Ducks, who perenially underachieve in the regular season, and ramp up for playoffs. Beat the Ducks in 7 games, winning game 7 2-1. Taylor Pyatt saved the day scoring both goals in a narrow 2-1 win
Round 3--Edmonton Oilers. They went insane signing unsigned guys at the trade deadline. Super old dudes.

Straka, DeVries, Madden, Glen Murray,

They also made deadline trades and acquired BRian Campbell, and Ruslan Salei a little earlier in January.

They moved out Lasse Kukkonen, Fernando Pisani, and Trevor Letowski as well as their second round pick in the deal for Campbell.

So...with that said here was the Oiler lineup I faced in 2009-10 Semi Final.

Paul Kariya-Horcoff-Rolston
Straka- E Lindros-J Lupul
Jamie Benn-Langkow-Glen Murray
Madden-Stoll-Vrbata
backups: CHad Larose, Brad Winchester, Ales Hemsky
Smid-Campbell
Ranger-Skoula
Gilbert-DeVries
*backups--Salei, Kurtis Foster*

Braden Holtby
Devyn Dubnyk

Benn and Holtby were Oiler 1st round picks in the game (11 and 7 overall)

And you can easily see they have made alot of trades and done some Free Agent work. OLD TEAM for the most part, I mean Hemsky cannot even crack their lineup.

So the series was amazing...
Oilers win 1st two, with one game in OT. I win game 3, Oilers win game 4 and a I am down 3 games to 1. Canucks win games 5 and 6....off to game 7.

Game 7---down 3-2 with 5 minutes left, and put on the full court press. ADAM CRACKNELL...who I got in the Stempniak deal from St Louis at trade deadline in 2009 scores to tie it.

Off we go to OT....and freaking Joffrey Lupul scores his ONLY GOAL OF THE PLAYOFFS. Horcoff and Straka with assists. So at least I was beat with the goal from a REAL OILER...not one of the many ridiculous AI pick ups the Oilers made, although Straka was in on the goal.

So out in the semi finals. (NOT WHAT YOU WERE EXPECTING IS IT with my story above...thought you would get the miracle batdad comeback...nah....I wasted that against the Ducks...was down 3-1 to them as well.

So Canucks lineup looked like this for 2009-10. I had to let Linden go because he was too old, and did not resign him in the 09 off season...so he was not on the roster. I was WAY over the cap as I approached the year so I dealt Brendan Morrison to Montreal for the rights to Louis Leblanc ( yeah HAbs drafted him in the game as well). I let Sami Salo walk to free agency in the off season as well...that was 7 million almost with Linden, Mo and Sami gone....AND I WAS STILL BARELY UNDER THE CAP all year long.

I made no trades during the season other than B Mo because of Cap issue. I did pick up Max Talbot off waivers from the Blues during training camp. He was just okay for me...

So my lineup for 2009-10 was the following for the most part, A few guys (Matt Roy, Guillaume Latendresse, Brad Marchand (yeah I have him...got him for basically nothing in year 2), Mark Letestu (free agent signing year 2 after not being drafted), and Mike Brown were up and down from the minors as filled in for injuries. I went most of the year without having a 13th forward as I could not afford it. Played two games a player short of a full lineup (Calgary Flames style---bad cap management)

Sedin-Sedin-Stempniak
Naslund-Kesler-Hartnell
Pyatt-Gaustad-Hansen
Raymond-Talbot-Cracknell
NO EXTRA MOST OF THE TIME--call up city

Ohlund-Edler
Bourdon-Bieksa
Greene-Sevc (undrafted free agent who is looking really good right now)
Fitzpatrick

Luongo
Schneider.

For the offseason, I am letting go ...Paul Gaustad, Taylor Pyatt, Fitzpatrick and Matt Greene---so that is another almost $5 mill off the books.

Naslund is resigned, and will play 3 line for me until he is totally horrible. Want him to finish as a Canuck. I expect Mattias Ohlund to be next.

As you can see...my defense will be a bit different in 2010-11.

I expect to see 2 rookies in the lineup.

Ohlund-Edler
Bourdon-Bieksa
Shattenkirk-Sevc
McDonough or Marine as the extra.

Up front

Sedin-Sedin-Stempniak
Hartnell-Kesler-Cracknell (Going to give him a shot as he scored 15 goals on the fourth line...and has some nice ratings)
Naslund-Talbot-Hansen
Raymond-a new guy (Letestu or Marchand most likely)-Mattieu Roy or Latendresse.

Latendresse if he makes it will get some PP time, as will Letestu.

I am really going to get down on the cap, not sign any FAs.

Oh and ALEX EDLER won the Norris Trophy. Wow.

Edler made 1st all star team, and Ohlund and Luongo the second.

This was the first year Roberto did not play 60 games. Schneider was developing well and got into 35 games with a GAA of 2.39 and save percentage of 907

SO that is where we are at...heading to the 2010 draft.

I have an extra 3rd from New Jersey as I managed to get over the 40 man limit by signing another undrafted defenseman out of Russia (Ivan Vishnevsky---looking at him shocked he was not drafted, he projects as a 3-4 guy), and signed my 2008 draft picks that were Junior players aged 20..Stone, Poulin and Loktionov. Also signed my Euro guy from 2009 draft, and after July 1 will be signing my college guys from 2009 draft, but will be under limit by then as I lose a few guys from letting them go.

Mike Brown has been a real good call up for me in every season he has got into a few games and averaged out at about a 7 rating. He has done decently in Manitoba but have no more room for him.

The Moose after making the semi final of the league last season (after I took over for 5 days...firing the entire coaching staff and bringing in Jim Playfair as head coach (he was then scooped up 6 months later by Avalanche as an assistant)....
MISSEd THE FREAKING PLAYOFFS in 2010 again. I am going to take over for a few more days now and lose the naff head coach hired by the new GM down there...Davis Payne.

So anyway...looking foward to 2010-11.

Oh yeah, also got the job as Canada GM for Olympics. First time I have EVER taken that position. And won the gold easily beating Sweden 8-1 in the gold medal game.

Sweden had Ohlund, Edler, Sedin, Sedin and Naslund in their lineup.
USA had Stempniak and Kesler
Canada had Roberto Luongo
And the Swiss had my 7th round pick from 2008 Arnaud Jacquemet who was playing in Manitoba for me. Jacquemet is looking like a guy who may get some spot call ups in 2011.

Needless to say from my last few posts...I am back immersed in this freaking game and starting to get flack from the wife. Caught 1 too many times wasting time.

Return to “General EHM Chat”