How's it going in EHM2007? What team Are You?

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay, online gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
philou21
The Great One
Custom Rank: 24 cups!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Re: How's it going in EHM2007? What team Are You?

Post by philou21 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:42 pm

Wow my Lazarev with way better attributes than yours did less in terms of performances in his junior years.

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:34 pm

Dadonov63 wrote:
There was alot of great players on the free agent market. Stralman and Kulemin agreed to a 2-year contract, and we was done on the market.. i thought!
Now i need som help or tips.. Gaborik agreed on a 4-year deal worth $4million, should i sign him? Or should i sign Nylander who has sick attributes?
You are not allowed to sign anyone at that cost. Check the rules. I also see that you traded for four guys which is another breach of the rules.
Read the rules!

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:37 pm

I wondered if he was in the challenge or not, but said nothing. Clearly he is. Well...was.

Dadonov63
Junior League

Post by Dadonov63 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:43 pm

Manimal wrote:
Dadonov63 wrote:
There was alot of great players on the free agent market. Stralman and Kulemin agreed to a 2-year contract, and we was done on the market.. i thought!
Now i need som help or tips.. Gaborik agreed on a 4-year deal worth $4million, should i sign him? Or should i sign Nylander who has sick attributes?
You are not allowed to sign anyone at that cost. Check the rules. I also see that you traded for four guys which is another breach of the rules.
Read the rules!
Im NOT in any challange in this site, i just play for fun and wanted to cheer it and get some feedback from fellow members.
So next time, ask before you go bananas on me.. :thup:
Last edited by Dadonov63 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manimal
TBL Admin Team

Post by Manimal » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:46 pm

Dadonov63 wrote:
Manimal wrote:
Dadonov63 wrote:
Read the rules!
Wow, take it easy man. Im NOT in any challange in this site, i just play for fun and wanted to cheer it and get some feedback from fellow members.
So next time, ask before you go bananas on me.. ](*,)
Sorry, I didn't look to carefully. I thought you were posting in the challenge thread. Just read it was the Lightning and jumped to the conclusion.
My bad

Dadonov63
Junior League

Post by Dadonov63 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:50 pm

Sorry, I didn't look to carefully. I thought you were posting in the challenge thread. Just read it was the Lightning and jumped to the conclusion.
My bad
No problem! You can make it up by give me your opinon on my squad and players.. :hi5: hehe

Manimal
TBL Admin Team

Post by Manimal » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:59 pm

I'd sign Gaborik if it fits your salary cap and let Nylander develop for another season (unless he has CHL rights then you could sign him and assign him there if he isn't going there already)

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:02 pm

For me...

Euros who are playing at home. This is what I do.

Leave them at home for one year after draft.

Then I ALWAYS if I want them on my team bring them over to North America for year 2, regardless of whether will make my team or not and send them to AHL if I need to.

Why? Because quite often, even if they are going to be 2nd line guys, the Euro team with AI will not play them very much and they will not practice with the best coaches over there. Unless the guy is already a stud (in which case you will sign him anyway) the Euro teams will not play them. So

1 year after draft in Europe then bring over (unless is a stud, then bring over right away and I prefer they do not have CHL rights because then they can play on my AHL team.)

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:05 am

Your 2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions

THE VANCOUVER CANUCKS

Defeat Detroit in 6
Defeat Edmonton in 5 hard fought games (3 OT 1 DOT)
Defeat St Louis in 4 games (2 OT)
Defeat Buffalo in 4 games

Sabres lineup for the Stanley Cup final....

Clarke Macarthur - Joakim Andersson - Evgeni Kuznetsov
Leo Schaefer (regen)-Ryan Hollweg (LOL)-Ty Rattie
Alex Denezhkin-Val Filpulla-BJ Crombeen
Jarett Stoll-Tomas Vincour-Kyle Okposo

MAJOR INJURY-ERIC STAAL did not play in series.

Denis Seidenberg-Sami Vatanen
Billy Sundin(regen)-Mitchell McNeely(regen)
Fedor Tyutin-Vitali Nemekov (regen)

Kyle Quincey (scratched all 4 games)

Henrik Lundquist
Jade Druce (Regen)

I am thinking....Henrik got them there.

So....I am now thinking about rebuilding a lost franchise. I think I will hold on to being GM of Vancouver, and create a new GM for this new job to run a weak team.

My rules will be the same plus one or two

1. No trading with Vancouver (or waiver pick ups) to make the team better.
2. Hiring only an Assistant Gm, 1 scout per year, and 1 coach (Head or assist) per year.
3. Take over farm team....and hire all new coaches and staff. Then resign from it.
4. Work on making the team better.

I will definitely add this GM in time for the 2019 draft. Have to go through and check to see who it will be. It will be an Eastern Conference team (that way can play each other in the final), but not sure which team yet.

Candidates I know for sure

Philadelphia Flyers-musical GMs, plus in real life a team I cheered for when I was younger.
Carolina Hurricanes-Have sucked, but recently picked up.
New York Islanders-were good for a bit, but then got bad, and were only good because signing a ton of old men. Not developing anyone.
Boston Bruins--sucked for a long time, now have gotten a bit better, so I doubt it.
Pittsburgh Penguins--Sid is old, and team is starting to sag the last few years.

If I am honest...I think it will be the Flyers.

2019 COnn Smythe winner will likely be Nick Bjugstad. Dude was awesome. Went 6-19-25 in the 19 games with an average rating of 9.00

Then it will be on to the draft, and I will run it for both the teams. 2nd team I run will be going in blind (with only my knowledge of what Canuck scouts say because I will be drafting for them too.)

At least I think I can do this....if not, will resign as Canuck GM and take over that other team when the job becomes available again.

Off we go into the unknown.

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:09 am

I remember how Hollweg was an overrated piece of garbage in the original DB! haha

Reading your post, I should definitely check my AHL staff. Forgot to do it. I'll wait for the off-season.

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:46 am

That darn 15-16 season is finally over. Won the Pres trophy again (52-23-7), a miracle IMO. Lost in the first round against SJ 4-2, was losing 3-0.

It really was one of the most unconsistent season I ever had in EHM. So much 5, even from my star players. Especially Landeskog and Varlamov. Most of the team got their weakest ratings in the three years I did, except maybe MacKinnon and Siemens.

Defense was average at best. Johnson and Ekblad not even over 8 in rating. At least, again, all of them are over 7.20. Siemens was great though.

I don't even know how much leads the team blow up. It happened often I lost leads of 3-0 or even 4-1 and lost with a stupid goal within the last 5 minutes of the game or barely winning by scoring in the last 10 minutes and hoping the team was able to hold the lead for once.

Varlamov and Harding were ordinary at best. Varlamov is weird. Wins a game by allowing 1 goal and do 35 saves or allowing 4 goals on 18 shots the next game. At least he had a good season ending.

Same for the attack. Could do three straight games of 35 shots and barely managed 18 for the three next, even with my better shooters on high shooting.

So I'm wondering do I change my defense coach? My goalie coach? The irregularity of my players is making me questionning the aptitude of my coaches seriously.

Oh and I never had so much injuries in a season before. Lost Duchene for one month at the end of the season so he did not played in the playoffs. Lost Ekblad for game #6. Numerous players missed one/two weeks throughout the season. Makes me questionning my conditionning coach as well or maybe it was just a bad year.

We'll see who will win the Cup now. Gonna sim till the draft there's some interesting players between the 30 and 80 positions for me.

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:58 am

Some of that can likely be explained by the changes in consistency in the database. Happens to me to a bit.

But...I would check in the practice mode, and look at attributes? if anything is dropping on guys on regular occurences you will want to change who is teaching that part of practice. Ie if skating is decreasing for guys, or accel etc...you will want to change who is teaching skating in practice. However, you may not have to fire that guy...just move to a different area to teach.

if a certain position is struggling in the attributes from one practice regime...need to change the coach to one who is better teaching that position.

If a young age group is struggling in that area of skill development...need to get someone better with youngsters in that area.

You should be able to..if you look long enough and see a pattern of things stagnant or not improving...find a way to make it better possibly without canning a coach, but maybe having to.

nickflyers
Top Prospect

Post by nickflyers » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:12 am

2008-09 Season(Philadelphia Flyers UUDB6.1)

So after a sluggish start by the offense I start getting offers for Alexandre Picard(Defense/1-2D) from Boston, Detroit, St.Louis, and Tampa Bay. A little negotiating and delaying(Almost had Kessel) I end up agreeing on a the following deal

PHI: Alexandre Picard to
TB: Patrick Kane :drool:

Feel a little dirty after that. Than looking to fill Picard's spot I send Nashville and offer for Shea Weber. They counter with

PHI: Kevin Shattenkirk, Rights to Jordan Schroeder, and 2010 4th
NSH: Shea Weber, 2010 2nd, 2011 7th...
And my fans and board are enraged by this deal :-({|=

So at the moment my lines are:

Simon Gagne-Mike Richards-Justin Williams
RJ Umberger-Jeff Carter-Patrik Kane(21)
Scott Hartnell-Claude Giroux(21)-James van Riemsdyk(20)
Jay Pandolfo-Boyd Gordon-Ian Laperierre

Joni Pitkanen-Shea Weber
Freddy Meyer-Jussi Timonen
Shane Morrisson-Keith Ballerd

Pekka Rinne-Jonas Hiller

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:39 pm

batdad wrote:Some of that can likely be explained by the changes in consistency in the database. Happens to me to a bit.

But...I would check in the practice mode, and look at attributes? if anything is dropping on guys on regular occurences you will want to change who is teaching that part of practice. Ie if skating is decreasing for guys, or accel etc...you will want to change who is teaching skating in practice. However, you may not have to fire that guy...just move to a different area to teach.

if a certain position is struggling in the attributes from one practice regime...need to change the coach to one who is better teaching that position.

If a young age group is struggling in that area of skill development...need to get someone better with youngsters in that area.

You should be able to..if you look long enough and see a pattern of things stagnant or not improving...find a way to make it better possibly without canning a coach, but maybe having to.
Yeah I thought about the consistency I changed BUT I changed that into my first season! Last year most of my top six broke they record in points and rating even with the consistency drop.

And no, their attributes are not going down. Everyone seems to develop normally. There is only MacKinnon that I think is not developing as fast as I expected but he still pretty good for a 20 yo.

And don't worry about the youngsters area. I always pick my coaches with at least 15+ in that.

I'll keep Roy and Tourigny for sure. Even though Tourigny is the one coaching my defensemen. Might try to change Allaire for the goalie. I don't think my conditionning coach have something to do with all this. Maybe my tactic coach is the problem.

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:57 am

Kings ended winning the Cup.

Germany won silver medal at the WC.

But this is not the reason I'm posting right now. I was going through the list of the top scorer of the league and to my surprise...Jannick Hansen is 21st with 93 pts!!! :-?

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:35 am

Draft went better then expected! I drafted most of the people I wanted and I've finally been able to restore my prospects pool who was quite empty.

UFA started and I'm as busy as last year. I trade Barrie at the draft for a third so the spot for a good #3-#4 d-men is open. Holden and Holos will keep the #5-#6 spot. Like I said before I'm in a big need of natural LD. On my six regular there was 5 of them as natural RD and only Siemens and Johnson, through training, who were LD/RD. With Barrie gone I finally have the chance to restore some balance at this position.

I've made an offer to Yandle, Giordano and surprise...Morgan Rielly! Leafs let him go. Don't know why but he was asking somewhere near 1 million per year so to take my best chances I offered him 2 per year. Only two teams seems after him so far. Fingers crossed! Ended up with Reilly for three years at 2.5! Yandle signed at 6 somewhere and Giordano signed for 2.6 in TB when I offered him 3.5! :rant:

For replacing Horcoff, who was horrible, I approached Brouwer and Eller. Brouwer is looking for something around 3 millions and I agreed with that, deal is done. Eller though asked for 5 millions with a key player status! With no team interested in him I dropped down to 3.5 and see where this goes. He already refused twice my offer. I now changed to 3.7, he was asking for 4.5 last time. Will not sign him at 4 though.

Wasn't able to resign Stastny, who was asking 8.3 for three years, after I made three offers of 3 years deal averaging 7.8 per year like he had. Like I hoped, when I offered him something he dropped down to 6.5 for four years! Talk about a good ending. :-p Meanwhile Parenteau signed with the Kings for 6 (!) per year.

At least if I land Eller after Reilly, I'm happy to sign young guys that I could develop and let them stay with the team for a long time. I prefer that to signing old guys who are 35 like Horcoff for one year or two years deal. But he finally agreed on a deal with Winnipeg and he got his darn 4.5.

Was looking to replace maybe Allaire as coach but found no one really interested. So I'll keep the staff this year and see how things go.

Also traded Hishon for Andrew Shaw. Hawks approached me to get Hishon actually. Shaw will fit on the third line with Dubinsky and Brouwer.

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:45 am

Just started my first year as GM of the Winnipeg Jets (Using the 6.0 Database Adjusted Version). So here's the update so far.

As soon as I was hired I spent time studying the team, the personnel, the farm team, and other players that were in our system. I decided I wasn't happy with the coaching staff, so I brought in fresh new faces. I hired Ron Rolston as the new head coach of the Winnipeg Jets.

As I got to the start of the season, I didn't feel the need to make any big moves as on paper the team looked alright and I wanted to get through the first month of simulation to see where the team was at.

In the month of October the team was 4-4-5

The team's powerplay was last in the league and PK was ranked 20th in the league. The main issue with the team was that it didn't score a lot of goals and it allowed too many goals against. There were too many games where Ondrej Pavelec and Al Montoya were left out to dry. I wasn't quite sure where the issue was, was it the blueline, was it the forwards, or was it the goalies?

In the month of November, I decided to watch the first couple of games and I started to notice a few problems with the team.

1) The Powerplay - The players were dumping the puck in but most of the time failed to get to the puck first and failed to fight for it. The opposing team were able to get to the loose pucks and clear the zone easily while our defensmen made little effort to try and hold it in. The team also had a hard time getting zone time and when they did, the plays were easily broken as the passes weren't clean and tape to tape. Basically the team in general had a hard time setting up on the powerplay and the few times it did, shots were usually blocked.

2) The Penalty Kill - The main issue here was that the team made very little effort to fight for possession of the puck when the opposing team entered their zone. Opposing teams were easily able to setup and what bothered me the most was during the game against the Colorado Avalanche, it was a team with the third worst powerplay in the league and they were able to setup easily and get into decent scoring positions. The Avs scored 3 powerplay goals against us on 7 opportunities.... I was raging. The team wasn't aggressive and gave the opposition too much space to create plays and that really irritated me.

3) Even Strength - Probably the only positive thing about this team at the moment, when they aren't taking stupid penalties they can usually match the level of their opponent... sometimes. Though a few things I don't like is that this team just doesn't forecheck a whole lot and it's not fast enough. When the team faced the Anaheim Ducks, two of Anaheim's goals were scored on breakaways. Either by a screw up by a defensemen, poor backchecking, or simply not fast enough to recover.

Not sure what I'm going to do, but it's obvious that I gotta adjust the tactics based on the problems I'm seeing. It's pretty pathetic, but this will be a good challenge. Gonna try and turn these Jets into playoff contenders! :thup:

Animal31
Fourth Line
Favourite Team: Abbotsford Heat

Post by Animal31 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:51 am

I just started a game as the ducks (2006, somewhat edited)

im having goalie issues up the wazzo;

I traded away Bryz for Fleicshman cause I needed depth on the left wing when Kunitz went down to injury, called up Michael Leighton to back up. Well leighton sucks, so I called up Mitch WAll when Giggy was injured for a bit, and he played well, leighton didnt.

I then traded some shyte d-boy for Mike Dunham, to get a little more reliable and gain more experience...then Giggy went down for 4 months. Wall is not good enough to 1B for 4 months, so I had to go out and sign Brian Boucher. So ive had 5 goalies spend time in net for me this season

In other news I traded for Patrick Sharp, Dan Girardi, Andrew Laad, Manny Malhotra, and the aforementioned. The only notable I traded away are Bryz, and Matt Beleskey. Overall I was really trying to win the cup this season, and ride Neidermayor as far as I can, but I loseded to the red wings in the first round 4-1

I really thought it was going to be me and the devils in the finals, but I guess its just them this year

Kopi
Fourth Line

Post by Kopi » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:50 am

Guys, i have beaten Dave Schultz`s PIM record in NHL EHM 2005 (472 PIM)...from what i saw on record topic for 05 on this forum noone did it yet...

Have a young D who was drafted by my team in 1st round and this is his 3rd season in NHL...he had in 1st two seasons around 150-200 PIMs and only 3 fights then this season dude went nuts (before he played in 3rd pair of D this season in 2nd) and had 40+ fights...still have few games left in the season and he already beaten PIM record...whats even more impressive that in top 10 for PIMs in history he is the only one from the time game starts.

i can post some screenshots if anyone interested..

ccmequip
Junior League

Post by ccmequip » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:25 pm

I also broke Schultz's PIM record. I always employed a goon to go out and scrap every game looking for fights. I had Hollweg and Fedoruk each get over 1000 PIMs in a single season (different years).

Kopi
Fourth Line

Post by Kopi » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:09 am

ccmequip wrote:I also broke Schultz's PIM record. I always employed a goon to go out and scrap every game looking for fights. I had Hollweg and Fedoruk each get over 1000 PIMs in a single season (different years).
all good bro but you are talking 2007 ehm right? in 2005 version thats not an option to have 1000 PIM :-k

Belive me i tried many things and in ehm 2005 to beat Schultz`s record is just something i never notice in any forum ..not even here and here are some die hard fans!

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:26 pm

And racking up PIMS in 2007 is easy. I have had guys with 1000, I have had 4-5 guys with over 800 in the same season on teams. All you have to do is set encourage to fight and berserk and off you go to the sin bin over and over.

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:36 pm

Chris Dingman was one hell of a gold mine for PIM. :-D I often had him in the 1500 per season hahaha

Ozzman
Junior League

Post by Ozzman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:31 pm

Instead of playing along in the challenge, I downloaded the future Bruins DB, and took over the Jets.

Why can't I send my newly signed prospects to the minors without placing them on waivers first? They have a two-way clause and a "exempt from regular seasons waivers" note. (I play the game in swedish, so It probably say something else in the english version)

batdad
The Great One

Post by batdad » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:49 pm

Are they junior eligible with rights to a Canadian Hockey League team? If so that is why.

Return to “General EHM Chat”