How's it going in EHM2007? What team Are You?

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay, online gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
Ozzman
Junior League

Re: How's it going in EHM2007? What team Are You?

Post by Ozzman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:13 pm

Yeah. They are.
When does those rights expire?

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:28 pm

Whenever the team realizes they are not coming to them, or after they are considered 21 years olds by the junior team

rocker87
Drafted

Post by rocker87 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:30 pm

That's my dinasty, I didn't play it seriously for some time, I'm a bit bored.

Saapas
Checking Line
Favourite Team: RoKi

Post by Saapas » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:13 pm

So i have been playing a save with RoKi. Started from Suomi-Sarja and after a couple of seasons got promoted to Mestis. 4-5 seasons in Mestis and promoted to SM-Liiga, every season my team is ranked last or second to last but so far I have never missed the playoffs. Now I just secured second consecutive Championship in season 24-25. The weird thing is that so far both teams demoted from SM-Liiga have also got straight demoted to Suomi-Sarja from Mestis :-k KalPa has played many seasons in Suomi-Sarja, SaiPa just got demoted and next to go is Kärpät, since they got demoted this season :-D

Kopi
Fourth Line

Post by Kopi » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:36 am

Interesting Saapas, i guess teams went to some serious financal trubles or what? Did coaches and GMs change?

Saapas
Checking Line

Post by Saapas » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Yeah they change coaching staff after or before the demote. It's kinda annoying since they still got bigger reputation than my team (I guess) since some good players prefer KalPa in Suomi-Sarja than my team in SM-Liiga, about the finances i do no know. :-k At least I have not seen any takeovers.

Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

Post by Tasku » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:39 pm

I think there's a bug / overlook on the reputation of teams that get demoted / promoted. Meaning that you have to change them manually according to the league the team plays in, if you want to keep it realistic.

Pahvi
Junior League

Post by Pahvi » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:25 pm

Saapas wrote:Yeah they change coaching staff after or before the demote. It's kinda annoying since they still got bigger reputation than my team (I guess) since some good players prefer KalPa in Suomi-Sarja than my team in SM-Liiga, about the finances i do no know. :-k At least I have not seen any takeovers.
Yep, Like my bro´said, there is a problem in this game, and its in all of those playable promotion/relegation leagues, the problem is team reputation, eastside saved game editor is a ehm-saver here. :)
I noticed how bad things got when i took Salo HT from 2nd div, put them to playables and after 20 years i was unbeatable, reputation was still 1500. After that save game editor allday long.

I´m in year 2092 with Tampereen ilves, and it seems still balanced, ´cuz i use editor every "year" if teams get pro/rel, the team which comes up reputation at least 5000, the team which goes down, rep 4500-5000.

There´s no point to show my line-up, very much known players here :D but check this out http://s27.postimg.org/6uobaop9v/Untitled.jpg

philou21
The Great One
Custom Rank: 24 cups!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by philou21 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:39 pm

Wow that's actually the first time he post something since I joined TBL! :-D

Kopi
Fourth Line

Post by Kopi » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:38 pm

Impressive Pahvi...nice job with your team!

Ozzman
Junior League

Post by Ozzman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:39 am

I started a new game and took control over Malmö Redhawks in the Swedish second leage, with the goal to advance to SHL. In the first season, I qualified for the play off-leauge in the last game, but lost all ten games and did not advance. To be honest after losing the first 4, I mostly just pressed forward, until the end.

The fun part is that Vita Hästen, on the paper the totally worst team in the league, finished first in the league by far, and then went straight to SHL. =D> Good job Hästen.

MaaliRuisku
Junior League

Post by MaaliRuisku » Thu May 15, 2014 6:06 pm

Started with Blackhawks using Manimal 4.2b rosters. 1st year.

Current team:

Seabrook scored 4+3 earlier in the season =D> :

Won President's Trophy and SC.

Team for 2nd season:

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Mon May 26, 2014 11:48 am

Rebuilding the Sabres using the TBL Rosters v6.3 and I learned something.

I suck at drafting.

RomaGoth
Fringe Player
Favourite Team: Detroit Red Wings

Post by RomaGoth » Mon May 26, 2014 11:40 pm

CanucksFan1993 wrote:Rebuilding the Sabres using the TBL Rosters v6.3 and I learned something.

I suck at drafting.
How so?

ccmequip
Junior League

Post by ccmequip » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:38 pm

I returned to playing EHM after a long hiatus, and decided to GM & coach in the OHL, for the Toronto St. Mike's Majors.

In contrast to the way I normally played before, now I decided to not hire a head coach, and instead watch all of the games myself. I watch the games at very fast speed, while stopping a lot to adjust lines and tactics, especially for PKs, late in the game, and as players get tired. I also handle practices whereas before I let the computer coach handle it. This all makes the game take longer to play (an average game takes 30 mins to watch), but really creates greater highs and lows from individual wins and losses. As a coach/GM there's also a much greater temptation to make trades to win now, and sacrifice some of the future.

Another aspect that is different when watching games is my reliance on scouting and statistics to evaluate my own team. Before (when I didn't watch games) I would scout my own team, and read the players numbers to determine how they were performing. I find that by watching the game I can see certain intangibles that aren't in the numbers or scouting reports, which is most important for evaluating less skilled players and finding ones that can be useful for a championship team.

I have so far won one Memorial Cup in three seasons. Eventually I would like to try the GM/coach job at the NHL level.

CanucksFan1993
Prospect

Post by CanucksFan1993 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:54 pm

Well, just after my 2nd year with the Sabres I got fired. I was able to land a GM job with the Edmonton Oilers in the off season, a team that's in a similar spot as the Sabres.

1st year with the Oilers was a disappointment in terms of team performance, however in terms of restocking, it was quite successful. Traded some assets for young quality players.

Significant trades during 1st year:

Traded Ben Scrivens and 3rd round pick for Braden Holtby of the Washington Capitals [Holtby played extremely well considering he was on a mediocre team]

Traded Nail Yakupov and 1st round pick to the Kings in exchange for Tyler Toffoli, Vyacheslav Voynov, and Kings 2nd round pick
[Nail Yakupov had underperformed and was rarely given powerplay time and was often put on the fourth line. Decided to trade him after discovering the Kings had some interest in him. Both Toffoli and Voyonov will be key players as the team tries to rebuild for the future]

Traded Andrew Ference and Darnell Nurse to Columbus in exchange for Jack Johnson, Mark Letestu, and Nick Foligno [This was more of a way to shakeup the team and bring in some depth and a solid defensemen in Jack Johnson. I was hesitant in trading Darnell Nurse because of the upside he has, but we were able to acquire a really good defensemen in Jack Johnson and depth players in Nick Foligno and Mark Letestu.]

Note: Johnson had a REALLY good year for us, led the team in takeaways and blocked shots. He even scored 12 goals and 44 assists. Him and Voynov are a top pairing on our blue line. Johnson is also a top penalty killer. I'm considering naming him Captain before the start of the 2nd season.

The team did end up missing the playoffs once again, but I could see quite a bit of improvement in the team's performance. The draft is coming up and I expect to make a huge splash, considering we lost our 1st round pick. Exciting times are ahead!

nickflyers
Top Prospect

Post by nickflyers » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:22 pm

About to start my 2012-13 season (Using UUDB 6.0) after winning the Cup with Philly :banana:

Had a few rough seasons to start missing the playoffs 4 straight years(No one wanted to sign here :( ) but it finally all came together

Key trades:
2nd Round for RFA Pekka Rinne(Vokoun/Bobrovsky in Nashville)
Alexandre Picard for Patrick Kane(Rip off on paper, but Picard has been solid for Tampa)
Shattenkirk, Rights to Jordan Schroeder and 4th to Nashville for Weber, 2nd, 4th (Another on paper looks rough, but Shattenkirk has developed very nicely)
Jeff Carter for Bobby Ryan
Flipped Ryan for Pietrangelo
Traded 1st rounder for Brian Campbell(This past offseason)

Animal31
Fourth Line
Favourite Team: Abbotsford Heat

Post by Animal31 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:01 am

So im playing as the ducks, and I had really good players. My top line is a 100+ point each Ladd - Spezza - Ryan

my 2nd line WAS a 100 point Penner - Getzlaf - Justin Williams

but I missed the playoffs in 12-13, so I decided to trade away Penner and Williams, I didnt resign neidermayer.

I made a couple of signings in D, get a few bottom line players. Sign Vasicek and make call ups. My third line is mostly rookie regens, and eric fehr. My 2nd line Right winger is a regen, and my 4th line is a bunch of randoms and adam Henrique who isnt developing as I want him to

All of a sudden im first in the entire league. I have 5 rookies on my team, no chemistry, and lack luster Defence and goaltending
but here we are

Spezza Ryan and Ladd are 1-2-3 in league scoring, my 2nd line rookie is a point per game

Saapas
Checking Line

Post by Saapas » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:34 am

Stop the press!
For the first time ever i got a job offer from NHL (Anaheim Ducks) after not starting in NHL. The year is 2029 and my reputation has grown to Superb! :joy:
I have brought RoKi form Suomi-Division to SM-League and won it four times. This season we also won European Champions Cup :-D

Filip Croatia
Minor League

Post by Filip Croatia » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:05 pm

Not the proper topic I guess, but when I download north american trophies and NHL cities and when want to extract it, I get error message "file is corrupted" !? :dunno:

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:40 pm

Far from being the right topic for that, yeah. :roll:

Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

Post by Tasku » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:27 pm

Filip Croatia wrote:Not the proper topic I guess, but when I download north american trophies and NHL cities and when want to extract it, I get error message "file is corrupted" !? :dunno:
Probably a corrupt file from the server move. Archi is working on replacing the files. If the file has a OneDrive link, use that instead of the attachement. Those should work fine.

And yes, the wrong place for this question, but what's done is done.

cecede123
TBL Rosters Researcher
Favourite Team: Montreal Canadiens

Post by cecede123 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:47 am

Fowler is doing an awesome job with my Ducks, leading the team for the Game played with the team !
Hopefully, as Fowler is 35, I drafted someone to replace him
So the Norris trophy look like this :

philou21
The Great One

Post by philou21 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:35 pm

That's pretty impressive! Never been able to do something similar in my games. Do you use specific tactics for him?

cecede123
TBL Rosters Researcher
Favourite Team: Montreal Canadiens

Post by cecede123 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:10 am

Actually, my team is all the way down to offense :P So my tactics are really offensive-minded !

Return to “General EHM Chat”