The Blue Line

19/20/21 years old Auto-Assign NHL/AHL/ECHL.

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Useful Links: EHM 2005 GuideEHM 2007 GuideEHM:EA ChangelistEHM:EA User Manual

19/20/21 years old Auto-Assign NHL/AHL/ECHL.

Postby GalchyTheBeast27 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:55 pm

Sup guys.

I'm having this thing that always happen when i'm simulating through a season.
Exemple i finished last in the east and got the lottery pick.
I'm drafting Rasmus Dahlin in the first year.

Now i have the choice to put him either AHL or ECHL ( after signing him obviously )

So what is happening is i'm gonna simulate the season right, but exemple i put the of player ( Dahlin in this case ) in ECHL at the start of the season so he can learn how to play in a league with adults to see how his progression his growing. But while i am simulating, the game automatically put him in the NHL or AHL.

While i understand he could get call up to the Ahl if they have injuries, but why would he get called up to the NHL while i have exemple Jerabek ( I have the Habs ) who could gladly take the spot if one of my defense gets hurts. Well, i wouldn't mind if he was getting good stats and avR but he's not. The reason why, is i am going for a rebuild.
And my team suck, purposely.

What i wanna know is :

Is there a way to block that from happening? :dunno:

Thank you for any :help: ;)
GalchyTheBeast27
Learning to skate

Re: 19/20/21 years old Auto-Assign NHL/AHL/ECHL.

Postby philou21 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:41 pm

Do you really simulate or put yourself in vacation? When you go on vacation, if you don't check/uncheck the right options, your assistant GM will make those kind of moves. Since you're saying you "simulate the season" I guess it's because you're not playing the whole season?
philou21
24 cups!!!
The Great One

Postby GalchyTheBeast27 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:47 pm

Yeah, i meant go on vacation.

But i do check the options in the ''Go on vacation'' and '' General manager options''.

But since we're talking about it.
Just to be sure, which things should i check to make sure he doesn't do these kinda moves?
Maybe i'm doing this wrong.
GalchyTheBeast27
Learning to skate

Postby mantyomena » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:50 am

There really isn't a way to prevent this as a whole. You can check the "Use current tactics" and "Use current lines" boxes but those apply only if the roster stays intact. I.E. there are no injuries and/or suspensions to the starting line up players. Then the assistant GM needs to make roster moves and obviously he picks the best ones available.

Not sure if the aGM makes roster moves outside of the current lines even if those boxes are checked. I know how that feels, I forgot to check any boxes one time I went on vacation during off season and the fool traded my no. 2 D-man prospect for a 32 year old Alexander Radulov. All my forwards were top notch for their tactics. In real life I would've fired him but firing just doesn't offer the satisfaction in a game. :-D
mantyomena
Junior League

Return to General EHM Chat