Unemployed start - bottom nationan teams (EA)

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay, online gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.

Useful Links: EHM 2005 GuideEHM 2007 GuideEHM 1 ChangelistEHM:EA User Manual
Thrashmands
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Buffalo Sabres

Unemployed start - bottom nationan teams (EA)

Post by Thrashmands » Tue May 15, 2018 11:28 am

Here are the details -
Roster pack - 17-18 (beta). Don't tell me that I need to update, I'm happy with this roster pack.
Career start - Unemployed
Past experience - Rec. Player
Nations - Latvia (Primary)
Start date - Early game (2nd of July)

So here's the story. Once beginning the unemployed GM career at the early start date there are a lot of teams available for application, but only 6 of them are clubs that ignore me while every other is an international team (Almost every team except USA and Canada). There's even open spots for international teams that just aren't hockey nations at all (Australia, Israel, Arab Emirates).

Well, if I decide to applicate for every single team possible there, I would always get an offer eventually even with the details shown, but it's mostly of those non-hockey nations, but I did get an offer from South Korea once (best I've got by far), which is ahead of Great Britain in World Rankings in the mentioned roster pack, but can't quite get a better offer than that. Well, at least I get my own spot in the World Reputation after getting accepted for any international team, really, would be like "the world has heard of me for the 1st time".

Problem is, I'd rather have a lot of action early if I don't get a club to lead in my 1st year, so I would rather take over a team from Europe that plays in Euro Challenge exhibitions while waiting for an opening from club teams. (And no, I don't wish to do exhibition invites) But all of the teams in that competition have just ignored me. While I COULD go with South Korea, the nearest date it would have any serious matchups going is February, which is an Olympic Pre-qualification, after which comes the World Championships. Ukraine and Poland are the bottom-most teams in World Rankings that participare in the exhibition competition. Euro Challenge begins at November, only 3 months after July (my game start date).

So to sum it up, I have a question - Is it worth it to begin my Unemployed GM career by becoming a GM of teams like South Korea, Israel or Australia and like that? It' better than nothing indeed for the 1st year as a completely-unknown-to-the-world starting-as-unemployed GM but there's still a lot of waiting before first serious matchups happen.

Thrashmands
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Buffalo Sabres

Re: Unemployed start - bottom nationan teams (EA)

Post by Thrashmands » Thu May 17, 2018 8:14 pm

Well, 2 days ago woke up and started from scratch again.

That time was fortunate enough to become the GM of Team Germany within my 2nd week as unemployed Rec.Player GM, and now entering 1 year and 6 month mark. Team Germany GM is the only job I've ever got my hands on so far, but I've applied for a plenty of teams already (NHL, KHL, DEL, Liiga, SUI league teams).

After winning Deutschland Cup on my 2nd career season with Team Germany my World Reputation is now on "Good" and it's within the Top 100 (no reputation in any seperate nation, though, which I call bullcrap). But even with that I can't seem to get the attention from ANY KHL or even DEL or Liiga teams. Saw Don Sweeny fired from Bruins, applied for Bruins GM immediately but absolute bullcrap happened - The Canada GM whom I've defeated in recent Deutschland Cup with Team Germany ended up getting appointed instead of me. That's when I realized this game is broken when having an unemployed "from scratch to top" kind of career.

Goddamit.

marksbros6
TBL Rosters Researcher

Re: Unemployed start - bottom nationan teams (EA)

Post by marksbros6 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:32 pm

Surely some of the club-sides of lower nations will employ you?

Not tried playing that way myself but surely you could start out in the British leagues if you're a successful international coach?

It's been said that nationality of your coach plays a big role in getting an NHL job though.

Return to “General EHM Chat”