EHM 2007 patch 3.0.4 questions

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay, online gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
The Senator
Junior League

question on new 304 patch

Post by The Senator » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:25 pm

I asked this question in the SI forum but will ask it here also. I downloaded the new 469.exe patch today. The old version 303 patch was also named 469.exe also. When I went to back it up to my thumb drive, it asked me if I wanted to overwrite the old 469.exe. I was not sure if I wanted to do this so I renamed the new 469.exe to 470.exe. If I ever need to reinstall the game will this work or screw things up?

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:45 pm

That is where this question should be asked. SI forums as they have the answer to this kind of question. And there is an answer there already in your thread. Well before you posted this topic here.

I believe the answer is...no it won't. However, if you are not sure if something (renaming a file) is going to mess up your game, why would you do it, and then ask the question? I just don't get it. If not sure I would ask the question, wait patiently for an answer, and then decide if you should do it or not. Just curious.

Shadd666
Super Mario
Custom Rank: Smiley Crazy Goodwill Ambassador!

Post by Shadd666 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:20 pm

If you need to reinstall the game and can't make your patch work due to the renaming issue, you should still download the patch again and everything would be fine, so i won't worry that much if i were you ;)

V4ND3RP00L
Fringe Player
Custom Rank: JVanderPool

EHM 2007 patch 3.0.4 questions

Post by V4ND3RP00L » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:47 pm

I have noticed plenty of people talking about the last SI Games patch not working or installing correctly. The only question I have is if you go to the options menu to see what version you are running and so forth and it shows 3.0.4, then does that mean that it installed correctly on your machine? Although when you go to view updates, it still shows that the 3.0.4 version is available for your game?

I know that the veterans of this place have probably seen this thread posted a 1,000 times already or have had people talk about it over and over. The only reason that I don't go over to the SI Games forum is basically because everyone over there does nothing but spam the place and gives false information. Which in my opinion is horrible when that is the place for main questions to be asked, you know what I mean?

All in all, sorry if those thread bothers some of the veterans around here, but it's just something that I am interested in getting to know about. By the way, I have the CD-ROM version of EHM 2007 and not the download version. Would that have something to do with the patch thing doing what it does when checking on it and so forth?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this issue and not just lock the thread. Like I said guys, I know that you probably have had people talk about it or ask about it and from what I saw, you tell them to go over to the SI Games forum, but guess what? That place is worthless when looking for answers. That's why I look to you guys around here to know something and if you don't, no big deal, I can understand that feeling.

batdad
The Great One
Custom Rank: Mr Technology
Favourite Team: Syracuse Bulldogs.

Post by batdad » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:49 pm

Yes if it says 3.04 than it is 3.04.

The issue over there is basically people were not finding the 3.04 patch to download. I think they already have it, and are not reading the options menu, or do not know how to download. that is why I tried to explain it over there, and give the guy who was asking a hand.

Anyway..if it says 3/04 it is 3.04

V4ND3RP00L
Fringe Player
Custom Rank: JVanderPool

Post by V4ND3RP00L » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:55 pm

Thanks for the update on that issue, batdad. I figured if it showed 3.0.4, then that was the version that was installed. I didn't ever notice declines or anything like that, so I figured it was actually installed correctly to begin with anyway.

Thanks again and good to see this place is still going strong.

Newbury
Junior League

Patch troubles..

Post by Newbury » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:43 pm

I just downloaded and went through the install of the latest patch and now my game won't open. I get an eLisence control box coming up saying I need to run the application by a user with administative privledges, yet I'm the only user on the computer, I re-started and it still won't work..

Anyone know what I need to do?

Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

Post by Tasku » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:52 pm

Are you on Windows Vista?

I can't remember who, when, where or why, but I think I've heard of this problem before, and those people were on Vista.

Make sure you have administrative privileges on the puter. To the question: "how?", I don't know the answer, I'm still on XP.

If you're not on Vista, the answer may still be valid: check your user permissions.

Newbury
Junior League

Post by Newbury » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:55 pm

I'm on Vista.

darn it. No idea what to do..

Newbury
Junior League

Post by Newbury » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:01 pm

Appenarantly all I had to do was right click and click run as administator, haha, problem solved...for now.

B. Stinson
TBL Admin Team
Favourite Team: Philadelphia Flyers

Post by B. Stinson » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:07 am

Gotta love Microsoft...

Now we have to initiate NASA launch sequences to run a program. :-p

Newbury
Junior League

Post by Newbury » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:38 pm

The patch doesn't apply to already saved games does it? I'm pretty sure I read it doesn't.

Tasku
TBL Admin Team

Post by Tasku » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:48 pm

To get full effect of the patch, you should start a new game.

Also, the latest patch fixes the "attribute decline bug" which is a real game killer and doesn't start to wreck havoc until sometime way later, when you really-really don't want to start a new game anymore. So you'd be best of starting fresh right now and be saved from alot of grief later.

Newbury
Junior League

Post by Newbury » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:11 pm

Tasku wrote:To get full effect of the patch, you should start a new game.

Also, the latest patch fixes the "attribute decline bug" which is a real game killer and doesn't start to wreck havoc until sometime way later, when you really-really don't want to start a new game anymore. So you'd be best of starting fresh right now and be saved from alot of grief later.
Yeah I'm Windsor right now and have had that happen to a lot of players, two of my number one draft picks, Brad Alexander and Vern Millar, as soon as they were drafted they dropped a few attributes. Sam Gagner sucks on my team, hardly a 3rd liner, and Michael Backlund has declined some, as well as Steve Mason. I hate to have to start a new game but guess I will.

Thanks.

*edit* I downloaded the patch and ran the .exe file until it said complete, is that all there is to it? Seems kinda too simple..

B. Stinson
TBL Admin Team
Favourite Team: Philadelphia Flyers

Post by B. Stinson » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:45 pm

*edit* I downloaded the patch and ran the .exe file until it said complete, is that all there is to it? Seems kinda too simple..
Yep, you should be set. :thup:

Though, if you want to be really sure, you can go to the preferences screen and the subtitle should say Preferences - EHM 2007 v3.0.4 (Purchased)

Rolandh
Learning to skate

3.0.4 Patch Problem

Post by Rolandh » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:16 pm

I have downloaded the 3.0.4 Patch so that I can use TBL Roster Update 1.4, but when I start EHM 2007 I get an error saying This application has failed to start because msvcr71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I have Re-installed EHM 2007 several times and Re-installed the 3.0.4 patch, and still get the same error. Will putting the TBL Roster Update 1.4 files directly in the database folder overwriting the default database files work or am I stuck with the default 3.0.1 version of EHM 2007?

Roland

Tasku
TBL Admin Team

Post by Tasku » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:39 pm

Google msvcr71.dll, download it, and place it into the correct Windows folder, and you'll be all set.

Besides, it's 1.5 that's the latest, not 1.4 ;)

Rolandh
Learning to skate

Post by Rolandh » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:42 pm

I'm using 1.4 as that was the only one in the downloads lis that has UK Roster Updates.

Roland

Tasku
TBL Admin Team

Post by Tasku » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:18 pm

UK updates were first introduced to 1.4, but they are still there in 1.5. There's just more added to 1.5, nothing has been removed.

hotdawg123
Learning to skate

patch 3.0.4 need help please!!

Post by hotdawg123 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:18 pm

whenever i download patch 3.0.4 and run setup i can't open the game......all the other patches work fine except for the latest.....does anybody know what the problem might be. thank you

Tasku
TBL Admin Team

Post by Tasku » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:32 pm

There's not much we can say, if we don't know the operating system you're running or what errors are prompted when you try to run the game.

hotdawg123
Learning to skate

Post by hotdawg123 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:30 pm

This is the laptop i just recently bought:

Toshiba Satellite A300-047 - Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2.0GHz / 3Gb DDR2 / 250Gb HDD / 15.4in WXGA / Intel GMA4500M / DVD-RW / WiFi-N / Windows Vista Home Premium 64b

no errors come up.....it just won't run. is there any way this can be fixed??

joehelmer
TBL Mod Team
Favourite Team: Djurgården (SHL)

Post by joehelmer » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:56 pm

HERE is the thread where your answer is. :thup:

Tasku
TBL Admin Team

Post by Tasku » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:38 pm

And to make it easy for you: right click on the shortcut and click "Run as Administrator". ;)

That should do it.

markiemark66
Fringe Player

Post by markiemark66 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:40 am

I have a question, do I need to install patch 3.0.2 and then 3.0.4 on top of it or should I just use the latter?

Thanks.

Return to “General EHM Chat”