EHM online leagues [One advert per league per month]

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay, online gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.

Useful Links: EHM 2005 GuideEHM 2007 GuideEHM 1 ChangelistEHM:EA User Manual
FoxGoalie
Junior League
Favourite Team: Toronto Maple Leafs

Looking for an EHM Online-League

Post by FoxGoalie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:47 am

Hi Guys,

as the title says I am looking for an Online League that fits me and that I fit in :D

I checked the forum and Reddit, found a couple leagues and now I am even more confused than before. SBHL, WHL, NASL, EHMConnected ... :dunno:

My background:

I would consider myself an advanced beginner in EHM - knowing about the main functions such as finances, scouting and tactics. Haven't played an EHM-Network-Game though. I am a regular member of a few EA NHL Online Leagues, so I am familiar with the procedures of an online league.

I live in Germany and would prefer a european community, but that is definately secondary and no must, as I am fluent in anglais.

I will try to find out more myself but would be grateful for any orientation. :help:

vilifyingforce
Stanley Cup Winner
NOHL Team: St. Louis Blues

Re: The "I am looking for an online league" thread

Post by vilifyingforce » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:56 am

EHMConnected is just a site. The WHL, EHL, SBHL, NASL and MHL are all leagues I'm aware of. My league, the EHL currently has one opening. I believe all the leagues have switched to discord for out messaging app.

I'd also say all the leagues I've been in are rather global.

Mike Lowe
Junior League
Favourite Team: Red Wings

Post by Mike Lowe » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Hi all,

I'm a staff writer for Operation Sports, and an avid sim sports gamer. I host a number of leagues at Sim Sports Global, but am not in a hockey league yet, and would like to find a good EHM one. I've been playing simulation sports games for the last 21 years, and while I've taken a team to the Super Bowl and two teams to a World Series, I've never won THE big one! :)

Anyway, I'd love to get connected with a good, established league, or even a new one with a group of guys who are planning to be around a while.

Another consideration, but one not everyone may be interested in, would be to freely host a league at simsportsglobal.com where we could help get things setup for a commissioner who'd be interested in hosting the league. Trust me, you'd have a lot of guys interested from there.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing more! Be in touch!

FatRatMatt
Junior League
Favourite Team: Canucks

Post by FatRatMatt » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:40 am

Just a question. I am planning on making my own league and advertising it but I need 35+ posts. Does it count as a post if I reply to someones post?

Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

Post by Tasku » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:54 pm

FatRatMatt wrote:Just a question. I am planning on making my own league and advertising it but I need 35+ posts. Does it count as a post if I reply to someones post?
Yup, I'd say that counts as advertising. We don't want people to just come in here and advertise their league, and not be a part of the community. Hence the rules.

RomaGoth
Fringe Player
Favourite Team: Detroit Red Wings

Post by RomaGoth » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Mike Lowe wrote:Hi all,

I'm a staff writer for Operation Sports, and an avid sim sports gamer. I host a number of leagues at Sim Sports Global, but am not in a hockey league yet, and would like to find a good EHM one. I've been playing simulation sports games for the last 21 years, and while I've taken a team to the Super Bowl and two teams to a World Series, I've never won THE big one! :)

Anyway, I'd love to get connected with a good, established league, or even a new one with a group of guys who are planning to be around a while.

Another consideration, but one not everyone may be interested in, would be to freely host a league at simsportsglobal.com where we could help get things setup for a commissioner who'd be interested in hosting the league. Trust me, you'd have a lot of guys interested from there.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing more! Be in touch!
I can vouch for Mike. His leagues are top-notch, wish I could have stayed with them but unfortunately I have issues accessing his website.

Savvy93
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Boston Bruins

Post by Savvy93 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:22 am

Hey guys, I am looking for a EHM 2015 Online league with the capacity of 1 rookie GM :D I've been playing the Freeware EHM for decades online, winning a few cups but it just.. meh. It's the same thing all over again and I want a new experience. I got EHM 2015 like 1,5 years back and only been playing offline so far so I'd new some guidelines to go along when joining the Online experience but I'm a fast learner so that would be managable. So if there's any league out there recruiting - here I am!

burglebuber
Prospect
Favourite Team: Penguins, Sabres
WHL Team: New Jersey Devils

Post by burglebuber » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:13 am

I'd like to join an online league. If anyone has an league with openings I'd be down to join!

goleafsgo
Junior League

Looking For A Online League

Post by goleafsgo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:12 pm

hi my name is terry white, i'm 31 i'm looking for a online league to join.

burglebuber
Prospect

Re: Looking For A Online League

Post by burglebuber » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:09 pm

goleafsgo wrote:hi my name is terry white, i'm 31 i'm looking for a online league to join.
I know a league that's recruiting members right now, we have several openings! Msg me on discord DaddyDonkers#0313

Grivata
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Dallas STARS

Scandinavian leagues

Post by Grivata » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:41 pm

I'm looking for free team in a Danish, Swedish or Finnish online league!

DougMellon
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Seattle

Post by DougMellon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:06 am

Looking for an online league (US / English).

Ukko
TBL Rosters Researcher
Favourite Team: Blackhawks, Sharks, Finns, EK65.

Re: Scandinavian leagues

Post by Ukko » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:25 am

Grivata wrote:I'm looking for free team in a Danish, Swedish or Finnish online league!
I would be very interested in an Euro online league too !

clmncry77
Junior League
Favourite Team: Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by clmncry77 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:45 am

Looking for an online league as well. English

aussiehabit
Commish Team
Favourite Team: Montreal
SBHL Team: Nucks

Post by aussiehabit » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:16 am

There's a new online league looking to introduce players with no Online EHM experience. You can sign up to the channel here.

https://discord.gg/udpYsuu

burglebuber
Prospect

Post by burglebuber » Sun May 20, 2018 9:23 pm

https://discord.gg/WS3JtM8 <--- New Online League. We're playing with attributes hidden so it's a new challenge and concept. Player decisions will have to be made off of scouting reports or statistics, or whatever other strategies you can think of and employ! Click the link to visit our discord and claim a team. The Capitals, Flyers, Jackets, Blackhawks, Sharks, Kings, one of Bruins/Hurricanes are available.

Saytham1980
Prospect
Favourite Team: Detroit Red Wings

Online League: German Eastside Hockey League (GEHL)

Post by Saytham1980 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:45 pm

Hey guys!

With this thread I'd like to introduce the first and (so far) only German Online League for the EHM 1 (aka EHM 2015).

The first attempt in early 2016 failed, because we were just a bunch of 4 or 5 people who were interested in giving the EHM 1 a try online. Most of todays community has played the Freeware EHM (2001) for more then 10 years in several online leagues. A few months ago we started the project "Online League" again and had some testing for guys who were not familiar with the huge amount of options the EHM 1 is offering.

Shortly after that I created a forum, a portal, some dummy Stats Zones, a Cup Champion Page... simply a lot of nice stuff every hockey fan would love.

The league is at the very start of the 2017-2018 season and we are using the TBL-roster v10.1 (but with updated player histories for NHL-players). It has 31 teams, which means 30 human-GMs are possible. Playable league is the NHL and the AHL is on "view-only".

The community is German speaking/writing. The hockey manager experience is a mix of old EHM-guys and guys from several Fantasy Hockey Leagues. Germany, Switzerland, Austria and even a guy from New Zealand are part of the GEHL so far. You don't need to speak fluent German to join the league, but it is recommended that you at least can read and write it well, because everything on the website is written in German.

We do have a Discord-Channel, but it's no "must have" for the GMs... you can join it if you want to. We also have a YouTube Radio Show, where our Host (Savvy93) invites other GMs once or twice a week to talk about league action (transactions, rumors, ...). People can login to Discord or the forums chatbox and ask questions if they want. The Radio Shows are Live Streams but also available to watch later on the channel, in case you missed a show.

So just to make sure I didn't miss anything important - a short summary:

- Name of the league: German Eastside Hockey League (GEHL)
- People who run the league: Saytham1980 (1 of 5 on an equal footing)
- Address: http://gehl.forumieren.com
- League Status: Start of the 2017-2018 Season (Reg. Season starts in early June 2018)
- Version: EHM 1 (aka EHM 2015)
- Playable leagues: NHL (enhanced), AHL (view-only)
- Maximum number of users: 30 (+1 CPU-team)
- Spoken/written language: German
- Free teams: Carolina Hurricanes, Chicago Blackhawks, St. Louis Blues

- Specials: Stats Zone, Discord-Channel, YouTube Radio Show (GEHL Network), YouTube Video-Tutorials, etc.

Of course it would be great if there are also some more Germans on TBL, who are still looking for an Online League to join. But, as mentioned above, in case you feel comfortable reading/writing German, it doesn't matter where in the world you come from. :)

So, that's it for now. Hope to read some of you guys again in the GEHL.

Ukko
TBL Rosters Researcher
Favourite Team: Blackhawks, Sharks, Finns, EK65.

Re: Online League: German Eastside Hockey League (GEHL)

Post by Ukko » Fri May 25, 2018 2:33 pm

And again, I wish I spoke more german... :(

Good luck !

Beukeboom
Minor League
Favourite Team: New York Rangers

Re: Online League: German Eastside Hockey League (GEHL)

Post by Beukeboom » Fri May 25, 2018 7:42 pm

Got my application in on the forum there...now lets see...

Iginla12
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Calgary Flames

Online League: German Eastside Hockey League (GEHL)

Post by Iginla12 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:45 am

Saytham1980 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:45 pm
Hey guys!

With this thread I'd like to introduce the first and (so far) only German Online League for the EHM 1 (aka EHM 2015).

The first attempt in early 2016 failed, because we were just a bunch of 4 or 5 people who were interested in giving the EHM 1 a try online. Most of todays community has played the Freeware EHM (2001) for more then 10 years in several online leagues. A few months ago we started the project "Online League" again and had some testing for guys who were not familiar with the huge amount of options the EHM 1 is offering.

Shortly after that I created a forum, a portal, some dummy Stats Zones, a Cup Champion Page... simply a lot of nice stuff every hockey fan would love.

The league is at the very start of the 2017-2018 season and we are using the TBL-roster v10.1 (but with updated player histories for NHL-players). It has 31 teams, which means 30 human-GMs are possible. Playable league is the NHL and the AHL is on "view-only".

The community is German speaking/writing. The hockey manager experience is a mix of old EHM-guys and guys from several Fantasy Hockey Leagues. Germany, Switzerland, Austria and even a guy from New Zealand are part of the GEHL so far. You don't need to speak fluent German to join the league, but it is recommended that you at least can read and write it well, because everything on the website is written in German.

We do have a Discord-Channel, but it's no "must have" for the GMs... you can join it if you want to. We also have a YouTube Radio Show, where our Host (Savvy93) invites other GMs once or twice a week to talk about league action (transactions, rumors, ...). People can login to Discord or the forums chatbox and ask questions if they want. The Radio Shows are Live Streams but also available to watch later on the channel, in case you missed a show.

So just to make sure I didn't miss anything important - a short summary:

- Name of the league: German Eastside Hockey League (GEHL)
- People who run the league: Saytham1980 (1 of 5 on an equal footing)
- Address: http://gehl.forumieren.com
- League Status: Start of the 2017-2018 Season (Reg. Season starts in early June 2018)
- Version: EHM 1 (aka EHM 2015)
- Playable leagues: NHL (enhanced), AHL (view-only)
- Maximum number of users: 30 (+1 CPU-team)
- Spoken/written language: German
- Free teams: Carolina Hurricanes, Chicago Blackhawks, St. Louis Blues

- Specials: Stats Zone, Discord-Channel, YouTube Radio Show (GEHL Network), YouTube Video-Tutorials, etc.

Of course it would be great if there are also some more Germans on TBL, who are still looking for an Online League to join. But, as mentioned above, in case you feel comfortable reading/writing German, it doesn't matter where in the world you come from. :)

So, that's it for now. Hope to read some of you guys again in the GEHL.

New Open Jobs:
Winnipeg Jets
Ottawa Senators
New York Islanders
San Jose Sharks

Return to “General EHM Chat”