The Blue Line

Im building a new web-based hockey management simulator

Discuss anything related to hockey games / gaming or online hockey games in this forum; such as EA Sports NHL series and Wolverine Sports' Faceoff Hockey. Are you working on a new hockey game? Feel free to post about it in here!
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: ADVERTISING A LEAGUE/COMPETITION/WEB SITE/FORUM IS NO LONGER PERMITTED ANYWHERE ON THE BLUE LINE. We have had too many people take liberties with this privilege; signing up simply to advertise their site and not actually contributing to the community. We also see a lot of bumping of threads which is really just spamming the site. Anybody that advertises anything on TBL will be permanently banned for spamming.

Im building a new web-based hockey management simulator

Postby IceCoder » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:36 am

Hi Everyone!
after playing offline in EHM for many years, and online for 2. I have decided that it is time for me to try and create my own hockey simulator.

Focus / Elevator Pitch:
A new Hockey Management Simulator that is customizable, and stable, with a focus on online play and better league management controls.

now the first part: customizable.
I am currently in the planning & architecture stages, but i'm building in the ability to customize every part of a league either through the UI AND through the ability to add mods

second part: stable.
I want the community to never have to worry about crashes during sims, or crashes because of scouting. to accomplish this im leaning heavy on web technologies like React & Redux to put some of the processing and state management on the client side, which will speed up the experience for everyone.

Updates will be given here as they are made, i will also be looking for feedback and questions.

Development (except some of the hosting/deployment/secret sauce) will be done in the open (github) feature requests / issues / pull requests welcome for anyone who wants to get into the coding side of things: https://github.com/mattwebdev/simulator.
IceCoder
Learning to skate

Return to Hockey Games General Discussion