Player Size

Discuss specific areas of EHM knowledge; such as players, trading, drafting, tactics, training, practice etc. Teach us what you've discovered or ask others for their thoughts.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
burglebuber
Prospect
Favourite Team: Penguins, Sabres
WHL Team: New Jersey Devils

Player Size

Post by burglebuber » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:57 am

So I ran a small test on player size. Obviously it's not like a perfect detailed test or anything but I still learned something. I was wondering if the height and weight of a player impacted performance so i took the assistant, and changed every player on the Wild to 0 on both height and weight. This by default gave the players a height of 0, and for some reason a weight of 2lbs. I then simmed for a bit. I was using the tactics I run in online leagues, while I won't reveal them in full generally I heavily prioritize offense (like everyone does) so they were good tactics. My team lost every game by a score of around 9-6. The height and weight changes did not impact my skaters at all, and everyone played like normal. There was absolutely nothing wrong with my team's performance and everyone was good. However, it made both of my goalies terrible. Dubnyk ended up putting up a .600 sv% while Stalock was around .400. So from the test I determined that height and (maybe) weight are important for goalies but not at all for skaters.

I plan to change it up a bit and make two saves, one with normal heights and weights at 0, and one with normal weights and heights on 0 to see if there is a difference. I will also be testing injury proneness and I want to see if the smaller size impacts defenders more than forwards as I have an inkling that it may. I will also eventually be changing Carey Price to different heights to see how much it impacts his performances. For example I plan to sim a season with him at 5'7'', 5'10'', 6', 6'2'' and 6'5'' and see if the changes are large. Obviously having a goalie 0 inches tall would have an extreme effect.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Player Size

Post by archibalduk » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:55 am

Height and weight used to have a significant impact in EHM 2007 but I think it was toned down for EHM 1. It sounds like you're editing heights/weights in a saved game as otherwise setting these to zero in a database would result in randomly generated figures.

burglebuber
Prospect
Favourite Team: Penguins, Sabres
WHL Team: New Jersey Devils

Player Size

Post by burglebuber » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:33 am

archibalduk wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:55 am
It sounds like you're editing heights/weights in a saved game as otherwise setting these to zero in a database would result in randomly generated figures.
Yes, it's a saved game. I'm using the TBL 10.3 database.

Return to “Game Knowledge Discussion”