Isles offseason 2023-24

Got some big news to share? Let us know in here!

Moderator: Commish Team

RyanZabby
Commish Team
Favourite Team: Habs

Isles offseason 2023-24

Post by RyanZabby » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:00 pm

After losing to a team led by a racist the Isles are looking to patch some holes in the lineup and hopefully be able to make it further next season. Last offseason we signed a few players to some one-year deals and knew we would have some holes to fill. Isles GM Ryan Zabby seems confident in his offseason additions lets see how it all played out.

Draft

With no picks in the first 2 rounds, the Isles did a lot of waiting around in the draft but managed to grab a player they were looking for in Brett Hill. Isles want a future goalie who at least looks like he could be an avg starter. The rest of the picks will need more time to develop if they ever become anything. Isles weren't expecting much from the draft with only picks in the 3rd round or later, hopefully, we added at least 1 future NHL player.

Players out

Like stated before many players were on 1-year deals and just too old to be kept. Simmonds, Krejci, and Wheeler all performed above my expectations and all 3 were a huge reason I made it to round 3. However, Krejci was noticeably gassed by the playoffs. Wheeler/Simmonds was great in the playoffs but atts were dropping all season so I felt like I needed to let these players go. The others were either just the best choice at the time or I just didn't need them.

Players in

Our Biggest addition to the team this offseason was RW Ryan Strome. he signed a 2-year deal with an AAV of 6.175. Now on the surface, this signing doesn't seem that important but Strome being a natural RW lets me finally get Aho moved to the LW until draper is ready. Strome helps everyone be in proper positions.

Expected lineup

The one area I'm looking to improve would be 2RD but Quenneville should be able to handle it during the season. Anyways, pretty tame offseason for the Isles after last years big one. Isles GM Ryan Zabby is excited for the season and hopes to be contending.

Return to “Press Conferences”