Eastside Hockey Manager - Wishlist

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay, online gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
zbguy
Top Prospect

Post by zbguy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:52 am

I had this suggestion idea occur to me, but I'm not 100% sure this is already in the game and I just missed it, but I'd like to be able to track players' attribute progress in the AHL like you can in the practice section at the NHL level.

Smirnov2Chistov
Junior League
Favourite Team: Anaheim Ducks

Post by Smirnov2Chistov » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:34 pm

jacobmarkstrom wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:01 am
my pipe dream is that fhm becomes good enough and and successful enough into convincing si that it's worth throwing a ton of resources at ehm
would like for this to happen. I echoed this in HFBoards, while EHM is a vet on the gaming scene, Motosport Manager has a full team and resources developed for their game. Their game is fairly new mind you!

philou21
The Great One
Custom Rank: 24 cups!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by philou21 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:35 pm

EHM would also need more advertisement. I'm sure alot of people that are tired of the EA NHL serie would give EHM a try even if you don't actually play players.

Smirnov2Chistov
Junior League
Favourite Team: Anaheim Ducks

Post by Smirnov2Chistov » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:43 pm

philou21 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:35 pm
EHM would also need more advertisement. I'm sure alot of people that are tired of the EA NHL serie would give EHM a try even if you don't actually play players.
That's how I got into EHM, and later on Football Manager. I used to play FIFA 06 through FIFA 14, and found myself just doing more simming, scouting, and turning profits with players rather than playing the game.

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:53 pm

Wishing/hoping for:

1) Ability to add/customize league drafts. In particular, would love to add a USHL draft to give some more depth to that league.

2) Ability to have various age levels of international tournaments - especially for juniors. Not just U20. But U18 and U17 type tournaments like HlinkaGretzky would make it really fun to track the development of top younger prospects.

3) Revised Champions Hockey League format - currently cannot edit/update real structure with old license system in the game right now.

4) A more in-depth player history UI that really highlights awards and achievements a bit more thoroughly than the info screen does now.

5) A more intuitive and fully-realized way to track stats in leagues that are on "enhanced" mode. Would love to be able to cycle through the scoring lists, for example, of NHL franchises year by year - kind of hockeydb or eliteprospects style...even perhaps having player names hyperlinked so you can scroll through team/league scoring histories and then simply click on a players name to bring up their profile/history. The EHM UI is starting to feel a bit static compared to more modern simulation games which more fully mimic navigation as you would on say the internet.

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:36 pm

Also, another big wishlist item...universal scoring sliders / adjustments per league that let us tweak scoring trends in each league.

For example:

National Hockey League
Forward Scoring: 1.05
Defender Scoring: 1.60
Overall Scoring: 1.15
Penalties: 0.85
Fighting Majors: 0.25

So the simulation would react to scoring based on the slider settings, with 1.00 being standard and then having the ability to tweak from there. It would really help the sim grow and remain accurate with league trends (for various leagues around the world) and would also be great for historical sims, where you could, for example, simulate the "dead puck" era or other periods of vastly different styles and statistical results. It would also help you to create league styles such as Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey where you could put the fighting slider on full blast to create a rough and tumble league.

It would also be cool to have an option related to this that either "freezes" the sim results with the starting tweaks or allows the game to somewhat randomly adjust the settings on its own to produce various styles and results over say a hundred years in a given league.

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:41 pm

And another one I may have mentioned in the past:

Some way for the simulation to adjust ratings of players (not the actual individual ratings but perhaps the reputation - so it would affect depth charts) based on whether a league is played on NHL-sized rinks or International-sized rinks. This would help differentiate players who excel in one situation or the other...and make transitions of players between leagues much more interesting.

For examples, a guy like Nigel Dawes or Linden Vey or Matthew Maione might be who they are with a CA of 130 but on teams with larger home rinks, their "calculated" CA or Rep on that team may be the equivalent of say 150 for the purposes of CPU generated depth charts, line-ups and ice time distribution. But if you put them on an NHL club, their "calculated" CA or Rep would be lowered because of their attribute profile, to say a 120, making them a fringe player. If you would open the editor, it would be "130" CA regardless, but the way they are managed would be completely different from the KHL to NHL. Likewise, maybe the inverse is true where some guy in the NHL is a top 6 player but send him to Russia and he gets treated by his KHL club like a 3rd or 4th liner because his skillset is not as valued by that league (or really, the size of the rink is not conducive to maximizing his talents).

Right now, the best way I know how to try and mimic this affect is to edit the "Adaptability" rating (which somewhat works for Russian stars who have failed in North America) but it's impact seems relatively low. And it doesn't work with North American guys like Vey, Dawes or Maione - they actually would need high adaptability to thrive in foreign leagues but somehow not be as good in their native leagues. Does not work.

Hockeyiow86
Junior League
Favourite Team: Wightlink Raiders

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:43 pm

Would it be possible to be able to have exhibition games for international teams. And be able to create your own tournaments.

ZaZooM
Prospect
Favourite Team: Lokomotiv Yaroslavl / NY Rangers

Post by ZaZooM » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:38 am

Ability to edit game language. Cyrillic understanding.

Fredlig
TBL Rosters Researcher

Post by Fredlig » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:06 pm

BKarchitect wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:53 pm
Wishing/hoping for:

1) Ability to add/customize league drafts. In particular, would love to add a USHL draft to give some more depth to that league.

2) Ability to have various age levels of international tournaments - especially for juniors. Not just U20. But U18 and U17 type tournaments like HlinkaGretzky would make it really fun to track the development of top younger prospects.

3) Revised Champions Hockey League format - currently cannot edit/update real structure with old license system in the game right now.

4) A more in-depth player history UI that really highlights awards and achievements a bit more thoroughly than the info screen does now.

5) A more intuitive and fully-realized way to track stats in leagues that are on "enhanced" mode. Would love to be able to cycle through the scoring lists, for example, of NHL franchises year by year - kind of hockeydb or eliteprospects style...even perhaps having player names hyperlinked so you can scroll through team/league scoring histories and then simply click on a players name to bring up their profile/history. The EHM UI is starting to feel a bit static compared to more modern simulation games which more fully mimic navigation as you would on say the internet.
This is also on top on my wishlist, especially in the junior leagues were standout players irl produce 2 ppg or more,

Hockeyiow86
Junior League
Favourite Team: Wightlink Raiders

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:56 am

International team exhibition games

gerry58
Junior League

Post by gerry58 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:46 am

The game is dead, i should have asked for a refund, too bad

Saapas
Checking Line
Favourite Team: RoKi

Post by Saapas » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:33 pm

You must be new to this kind of games :-) We used to play the 07 version until the release of this game in 2015 :**

philou21
The Great One
Custom Rank: 24 cups!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by philou21 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:46 am

Does he knows that we have updated databases here? The game might not have had an update in a long time but it's more than playable. :D

gerry58
Junior League

Post by gerry58 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:45 pm

What is playable to you is broken to me, have you ever read the neverending list of bugs?

Saapas
Checking Line

Post by Saapas » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:46 pm

Well the game is being worked on by one man in his spare time so he can do just so much :dunno:

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:22 pm

Please can we keep this thread as a wishlist/requests thread.

ZaZooM
Prospect

Post by ZaZooM » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:39 am

Playing career stats for retirings players and staff.
Previous years league stats (tables, play-offs, players stats)

DeViLzzz
Junior League
Favourite Team: New Jersey Devils

Post by DeViLzzz » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:51 am

If not already in the game I want the ability to just enter raw numbers /stats and it generates ratings for players. Also I would like to see a release of the game with no financial engine whatsoever. Glad I have baseball sims that are like this but need a hockey sim like this. Btw yes I know about Strat but at this time I do not feel like buying from them for various reasons including them not having the 1987/88 season to replay.

johnnydrum
Junior League
Favourite Team: Washington Capitals

Post by johnnydrum » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:04 pm

An improvement to the game graphics.
The 2D moving dots needs a massive upgrade.
It's 2019.....
The Football Manager has a very very impressive visual view of the action, if the hockey version could make an improvement, rumen I think it would be awesome.

Antho42
Junior League
Favourite Team: Canadiens

Post by Antho42 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:32 pm

Small request but I would like if the player generation age limit was lower. As is it now I think the limit is 13 years old for spawning players in the game. I'm working with xECK29x on his roster development and we would of like to add some important tournaments around the world which contains players below this limit. Somewhere around 10 years old would be perfect if it is possible

ZaZooM
Prospect

Post by ZaZooM » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:16 pm

anything

Saapas
Checking Line

Post by Saapas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:37 pm

It just occurred to me since I started playing again after long time that in leagues where relegation&promotion are things it sucks that the reputation boost coming from promotion is applied in 30 June update when contracts run out on April (atleast in Finnish series). That leads to situation that you're going to build a team from players more suitable on the lower league level and best players are gone at the time you get the boost in reputation :-k

Alicenchains
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Stars

Post by Alicenchains » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:37 pm

A way to tweak stats/settings (shots per game, scoring, penalty minutes) for specific leagues to be more realistic, like higher scoring output in juniors.

Faster development for some high end drafts picks, I never see a rookie generated who can put up 55-70 points outta the draft at age 18-19. At some point most of the calder trophy winners are at least 22 years old.
Which also goes along with my next point.

When the ai drafts a projected top 6 forward/top 4 dmen who is good enough for the nhl but not good enough for those positions at the moment. They stick him on the 4th line/bottom 2 def, instead of having him stay in juniors/euro league for further development.

More wear and tear through injuries and age, too many players hitting 1400 games in their career while continuing to put up solid numbers into their late 30s.

More trades and better cap management from the ai.

Return to “General EHM Chat”