EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:24 pm

xECK29x wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:07 am
archibalduk wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:00 pm
1. I cannot replicate this issue. Can you describe step by step how to replicate?

2. Yes. I'm doing this from memory but you should enter the player name and DOB along with the season, team, league and playoff (Y/N) of the entry in question. Then enter 0 (zero) in the GP column. The entry should then be deleted when you save the DB.
1) Easy, just click the Staff Filter -> Enable player filter -> Rights held by (any club in NHL) -> Uncheck filter -> Search for any non-player and none should appear, just tested on 0.3.4.

2) Thanks!
Thanks. It's because the Enable Player Filter check-box is still checked even though no player filters are selected (unchecking it fixes it). I'll see what I can do. I was hoping to do it this weekend but I got distracted by the Extraliga.

xECK29x
Fourth Line
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

Post by xECK29x » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:21 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:24 pm
Thanks. It's because the Enable Player Filter check-box is still checked even though no player filters are selected (unchecking it fixes it). I'll see what I can do. I was hoping to do it this weekend but I got distracted by the Extraliga.
No rush!

Kart99
Junior League

Post by Kart99 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:54 pm

Hi,

I apologies for this in advance but I'm really at the end of my tether with it. I've just got back into the bug of editing again and set about creating a 30 team Elite League in the Uk - something which I managed to do in the game previously successfully but when I try and do it this time round I just cannot get it to work - it crashes as the initializing game data loading section when you create a new game. I've tried everything I have though of to try and fix it - from redoing the league to editing teams and rules and settings. I'm totally stumped. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Kart99 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:54 pm
Hi,

I apologies for this in advance but I'm really at the end of my tether with it. I've just got back into the bug of editing again and set about creating a 30 team Elite League in the Uk - something which I managed to do in the game previously successfully but when I try and do it this time round I just cannot get it to work - it crashes as the initializing game data loading section when you create a new game. I've tried everything I have though of to try and fix it - from redoing the league to editing teams and rules and settings. I'm totally stumped. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Any chance you can upload the DB? That's going to be the easiest way for us to troubleshoot it, unless you take a million snapshots of everything in rules and structures and the clubs themselves.

Kart99
Junior League

Post by Kart99 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:56 am

https://mega.nz/#!zapA3axK!_bZG0aKoN8dK ... u1HYlpjznY

Hi, this is the database I was using. Any suggestions would be helpful and I'd be extremely grateful.

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:54 pm

Kart99 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:56 am
https://mega.nz/#!zapA3axK!_bZG0aKoN8dK ... u1HYlpjznY

Hi, this is the database I was using. Any suggestions would be helpful and I'd be extremely grateful.
Got it, I'll take a look this weekend.

Kart99
Junior League

Post by Kart99 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:00 pm

That's mega, I really appreciate that. The database is just a bit of fun and I get the impression it's something dead simple but totally stumped so appreciate the help immensely.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:32 pm

A new version of the Editor is now available (v0.3.5): https://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/v ... 48&t=16014

This is essentially a hotfix and features just two changes:

New Features:
  • Added Playable League Dates spreadsheet export via File -> Export Spreadsheet.
Fixes and Improvements:
  • Fixed bug on the Staff filter screen which would cause players or non-players to be filtered out when no non-player or player specific filters were enabled.

I'm hoping the Playable League Dates spreadsheet might help with debugging some of these in-game crashes. The spreadsheet will generate a list of all stages of each playable league in the database (i.e. every league from the Rules & Structures screen). The data it shows for each stage depends on whether the stage is a league stage or a cup stage. A league stage is shown as a single row whereas cup stages are listed round by round.

I have set out below a brief summary of what detail is shown. This isn't 100% perfect but it should hopefully help when we get date-related crashes. For instance, xECK29x recently mentioned a crash on 22 March 2020. You could then filter out the Draw Dates and End Dates (Columns H and J) in the spreadsheet (and possibly also the Start Dates) to see what might relate to 21-23 March 2020. For example, the first round of the SHL playoffs finishes on 21 March 2020.

It is important to note that there is a one day margin of error in the spreadsheet and in the Editor where the schedule date in question falls on a leap year. When you look at the Schedule Dates in the Editor, you will see that it allows you to set the Day & Month along with the Year Offset. The database actually stores the Day and Month simply as a Day Number (e.g. 0 = 1st day of the year aka 1 January; 1 = 2nd day of the year aka 2 January; etc) - the Editor shows this as Day & Month so that it is easy to understand. What I hadn't appreciated until now is that if the year on which the date falls is a leap year (such as 2020) then there is a one day margin for error because the 60th day of the year will fall on 29 February on a leap year and on 1 March on a non-leap year. So you will find that dates are one year out in game in comparison to the Editor/spreadsheet. Hence it is worth assuming that dates listed in the spreadsheet for any leap year have a one day margin of error.

League Stages
Stage No: Stage number of the league stage.
Start Date: The date on which the first league game is played.
End Date: The date on which the final league game is played.

Note: Certain league stages do not have any schedule dates (e.g. the various additional simultaneous initial stages where a schedule template is used) and therefore the State Date and End Dates will be blank.

Cup Stages
Stage No: Stage number of the cup round.
Round: Round number of cup round.
Start Date: The date on which the first game of the cup round is played.
End Date: The date on which the first game of the cup round is played.

Additional Columns
Last Stage: No: This is the "Stage to Draw Teams" setting from the Editor. In other words, this shows the stage number from which the current stage draws its teams (the "Last Stage").
Last Stage: End Date: This is the date on which the Last Stage finishes. This is useful because you can compare it with the Draw Date of the current stage.
Last Stage: Date Clash: The Draw Date of the current stage should occur on either the end date of the Last Stage or any time afterwards. If it does not then it will state "_ERROR_" in this column. It's worth noting that this isn't 100% reliable because if the preceding stage does not have any dates (such as certain league stages) then there is nothing to compare against. Also, it doesn't take into account third/fourth place cup rounds because it will compare against the end date of the final rather than the semi finals. So you might see some errors listed because of the fact there is a third/fourth place cup game (which you can safely ignore).

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:25 pm

Thanks Archi!

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:23 pm

Feature request:
Import sheets for Club Records and Player Records, if possible :).

Return to “Data Editing Forum”