EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
trailerman1978
Junior League
Favourite Team: Oilers

Post by trailerman1978 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:29 pm

archibalduk

Ok I'm a bit slow but I finally figured out to get and open database from the links you provided. Sorry my friend but when it come to computers I'm a real slow learner, but I could build you a house from scratch lol...

Now I'll make my changes to it and set it up the way I wish... Make often saves to it...

Then I'll try to follow the steps Above to get it to an (installation folder) ? This may take me a few tries huh!

Any extra tips my friend?

Many thanks,

Cowboy

trailerman1978
Junior League
Favourite Team: Oilers

Post by trailerman1978 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:16 pm

archibalduk

Finally got It working, lots of trial but I've tested my new Chilean league for 2 years and no bumps along the way!

Thanks so much for your patience as I'm a Slow learner, If I have any questions my friend I'll post... (I'm sure I will)

Many Thanks,

Cowboy

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:52 am

Excellent :thup:

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:15 am

I have split out the posts regarding database editing to the relevant thread. This thread is just for the Editor (e.g. how to install the Editor or feedback/queries on functions). We try to keep editing-related queries separate as this thread is so large that it is difficult to find things anymore.

phantzy
Junior League
Favourite Team: Washington Capitals

Post by phantzy » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:46 am

I recently found out about the editor and wanted to make a database. So I basically kept it simple and increased the team limit of teams from 24 to 36. And added 12 extra teams, those being all former KHL teams and Stavanger Oilers who were supposed to be an expansion to the KHL at one point. Anyways I'm wondering how do i use this database? Cause when I manually put it in the game database files it doesn't show up. Help would be appreciated.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:18 pm

phantzy wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:46 am
I recently found out about the editor and wanted to make a database. So I basically kept it simple and increased the team limit of teams from 24 to 36. And added 12 extra teams, those being all former KHL teams and Stavanger Oilers who were supposed to be an expansion to the KHL at one point. Anyways I'm wondering how do i use this database? Cause when I manually put it in the game database files it doesn't show up. Help would be appreciated.
See here: https://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/v ... 92#p241892

phantzy
Junior League

Post by phantzy » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:18 pm
phantzy wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:46 am
See here: https://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/v ... 92#p241892
Ok so I got it to show up as a database, but now the game keeps crashing/closing when i try to start a new game using the database

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:36 pm

That is almost certainly because of the changes you made to the KHL. You cannot just change the numbers; you have to also update the stage settings, schedule, etc. This might give you some pointers: https://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/v ... 10&t=18927 and https://www.reddit.com/r/EHM/comments/b ... _playable/

phantzy
Junior League

Post by phantzy » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:42 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:36 pm
That is almost certainly because of the changes you made to the KHL. You cannot just change the numbers; you have to also update the stage settings, schedule, etc. This might give you some pointers: https://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/v ... 10&t=18927 and https://www.reddit.com/r/EHM/comments/b ... _playable/
Ok, I'm most likely just dumb and forgot about something, but I mostly did everything the tutorials showed and It's still not woking. Maybe I could send you the database adn you could quickly fix it me? I would rreeeaaaallllyyy appreciate it. :notworthy:

xECK29x
Checking Line
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

Post by xECK29x » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:20 pm

phantzy wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:42 pm
Ok, I'm most likely just dumb and forgot about something, but I mostly did everything the tutorials showed and It's still not woking. Maybe I could send you the database adn you could quickly fix it me? I would rreeeaaaallllyyy appreciate it.
Honestly, it's a lot of work and it's why there are so few database makers it's a very steep learning curve. Just to redo both regular and Olympic schedule templates alone is going to be tedious work, but you also have to potentially re-work a lot of other things as well, there is a very large amount of work here that will take weeks to months to implement and test pending on how much time you spend.

phantzy
Junior League

Post by phantzy » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:41 pm

xECK29x wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:20 pm
phantzy wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:42 pm
Ok, I'm most likely just dumb and forgot about something, but I mostly did everything the tutorials showed and It's still not woking. Maybe I could send you the database adn you could quickly fix it me? I would rreeeaaaallllyyy appreciate it.
Honestly, it's a lot of work and it's why there are so few database makers it's a very steep learning curve. Just to redo both regular and Olympic schedule templates alone is going to be tedious work, but you also have to potentially re-work a lot of other things as well, there is a very large amount of work here that will take weeks to months to implement and test pending on how much time you spend.
Oh okay, thanks. But what is the easiest, most simplest, error free way to just add the extra teams so the database works.(P.S I was using your TBL 12.1 roster for my first attempt). Maybe there is a problem with me adding Lev Poprad, Zagreb Medvescak and Lev Praha to the league which were liquidated clubs with no league? I really want to have the 36 team KHL database, just for myself and friend, I just think it'd be really interesting, so I'd really appreciate any help. And I don't have a lot of time to spend on figuring things out. It's complicated and my life is so busy thay I can get a maximum of 1-2 hours in on it, and since I know barely nothing about editing databases, my progress is close to zero.

xECK29x
Checking Line

Post by xECK29x » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:47 pm

phantzy wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:41 pm
Oh okay, thanks. But what is the easiest, most simplest, error free way to just add the extra teams so the database works.(P.S I was using your TBL 12.1 roster for my first attempt). Maybe there is a problem with me adding Lev Poprad, Zagreb Medvescak and Lev Praha to the league which were liquidated clubs with no league? I really want to have the 36 team KHL database, just for myself and friend, I just think it'd be really interesting, so I'd really appreciate any help. And I don't have a lot of time to spend on figuring things out. It's complicated and my life is so busy thay I can get a maximum of 1-2 hours in on it, and since I know barely nothing about editing databases, my progress is close to zero.
As Archi said above, the best place to start is with the Editing League Structures tutorial. I am entirely self-taught with this, it takes a lot of trial and error (and backups). There is no step by step path for this.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:51 pm

xECK29x wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:47 pm
As Archi said above, the best place to start is with the Editing League Structures tutorial. I am entirely self-taught with this, it takes a lot of trial and error (and backups). There is no step by step path for this.
Even having a fair bit of experience of editing playable leagues, it is so easy to make simple mistakes that can result in hours of head scratching. Hopefully we can make it more accessible with the next Editor as I know there are plenty of people who want to modify or add playable leagues.

phantzy
Junior League

Post by phantzy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:14 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:51 pm
xECK29x wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:47 pm
Even having a fair bit of experience of editing playable leagues, it is so easy to make simple mistakes that can result in hours of head scratching. Hopefully we can make it more accessible with the next Editor as I know there are plenty of people who want to modify or add playable leagues.
okay, thanks I guess. I'll just keep on trying.

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:17 am

I have the same issue that Javs wrote about on page 62. The Editor crashes on me on various stuff(Schedule and Templates, when trying to save player edits) and when I try to open the db again after such a crash the Editor says the db is empty

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:31 pm

Manimal wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:17 am
I have the same issue that Javs wrote about on page 62. The Editor crashes on me on various stuff(Schedule and Templates, when trying to save player edits) and when I try to open the db again after such a crash the Editor says the db is empty
On the above and your earlier email, I *might* have found the cause (but I can't say for certain it is the same issue as yours but I wouldn't be surprised if it was). I am trying to fix it but it's a fairly complex item to debug. I'm aiming to have it fixed for the next version of the Editor. :thup:

Javs
Minor League

Post by Javs » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:42 pm

Is it possible to add 'Max Underage Players' to 'Player Limits' in Transfer Rules>Basic Data

Right now Extra Rules> "Fixture Rule" only limits amount dressed per team, not max contracted.

xECK29x
Checking Line

Post by xECK29x » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:42 pm

Would like to see a cleanup tool added for player rights, specifically for junior rights for players who are no longer junior eligible. Don't know if it's possible to implement but requesting it none-the-less, super low priority and just a "nice to have."

xECK29x
Checking Line

Post by xECK29x » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:57 pm

Import/Export of Transfer Rules would be a HUGE timesaver :) -- just Extra Rules

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:09 pm

xECK29x wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:42 pm
Would like to see a cleanup tool added for player rights, specifically for junior rights for players who are no longer junior eligible. Don't know if it's possible to implement but requesting it none-the-less, super low priority and just a "nice to have."
I'll stick this on the list.
xECK29x wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:57 pm
Import/Export of Transfer Rules would be a HUGE timesaver :) -- just Extra Rules
If the Transfer Rules are linked to an existing playable league then you can do this:

1. Go to Rules & Structures, select the relevant league and click on the usual Export Data -> Export as *.ehm file.

2. In your target database, go to Rules & Structures -> Import Data and select you .ehm file. On the pop-up screen, set each item down the right-hand side as "Use Existing" (this means that the existing data won't be overwritten) other than for Transfer Rules where you can select either Overwrite or Add as New Item.

getzlaf15
Hall of Fame
Custom Rank: TBL Update Team

Post by getzlaf15 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:33 pm

This is a minor addition and not a major issue if not but would it be possible to add a position filter to the filter section?

The Lone Wolf
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Vienna Capitals

Post by The Lone Wolf » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:45 pm

Hey,

I used the Editor to Change some Player Attributes (skill-based). Now my game keeps crashing with following error: STAFF_RECORDS::load_from_disk() : cannot read club history info table. I checked Clubs and Players and for all the NHL Clubs, club history Dating back until 2005 (for Anaheim it's '06) is missing, for Players there are no entries at all.
I guess there won't be a way to solve this without deleting the save game, but I thougt I'd be worth asking, so if there is anyone who could help, I'd appreciate that a lot!

Regards

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:38 pm

It sounds like you're trying to edit a saved game. The Editor is intended for viewing only for saved games as trying to edit them generally causes irreparable corruption.

Buho
Junior League
Favourite Team: NYR

Post by Buho » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:27 pm

to archibalduk
is it possible to add an ability to edit players jersey numbers when editing a saved game.
the way AI assigns numbers to newly acquired players sometimes driving me mad. and there's no way to change numbers using Editor or EHM Assistant.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:52 pm

Buho wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:27 pm
to archibalduk
is it possible to add an ability to edit players jersey numbers when editing a saved game.
the way AI assigns numbers to newly acquired players sometimes driving me mad. and there's no way to change numbers using Editor or EHM Assistant.
No, the Editor is intended for viewing only for saved games as trying to edit them generally causes irreparable corruption.

Return to “Data Editing Forum”