EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
Buho
Junior League
Favourite Team: NYR

Post by Buho » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:05 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:52 pm
No, the Editor is intended for viewing only for saved games as trying to edit them generally causes irreparable corruption.
I know, but I still don't understand why it's possible to change players role, for example, and that change will take effect in the game, but changing jersey numbers have no effect whatsoever.
btw changing players role in saved games doesn't cause file corruption.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:06 pm

Buho wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:05 pm
archibalduk wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:52 pm
No, the Editor is intended for viewing only for saved games as trying to edit them generally causes irreparable corruption.
I know, but I still don't understand why it's possible to change players role, for example, and that change will take effect in the game, but changing jersey numbers have no effect whatsoever.
btw changing players role in saved games doesn't cause file corruption.
It's because the saved game data is set out in a very different manner compared with the database data. The saved game contains a whole bunch of additional tables which the Editor cannot decode. When you start a new game, it basically takes parts of the database and transfers them into the saved game. So whilst there might be a Jersey Number field in a database table within the saved game, that's not to say there aren't other parts of the saved game which affect jersey numbers. Hence why changing a value in a saved game via the Editor might not have any effect in-game.

Whilst you might get away with editing a Player Role or other attribute, you should bear in mind that the Editor performs certain validation operations when saving in order to ensure that table references are correct (because the database/saved game is essentially a relational database). It is possible that this could result in some sort of issue when the game next updates the game data (e.g. on/around 1 January or 30 June). So simply loading and saving a saved game in the Editor, regardless of any changes that might be made, could ultimately result in corruption later on.

radusauce47
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Dallas Stars

Post by radusauce47 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:58 pm

Can you edit databases such as Pivot with the editor? I am very tech savvy but have been struggling to figure it out. What I'm trying to do is add an affiliate to an NHL team and a few player edits.

Any ideas?

Smirnov2Chistov
Prospect
Favourite Team: Anaheim Ducks

Post by Smirnov2Chistov » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:59 pm

radusauce47 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:58 pm
Can you edit databases such as Pivot with the editor? I am very tech savvy but have been struggling to figure it out. What I'm trying to do is add an affiliate to an NHL team and a few player edits.

Any ideas?
Have you tried using the EHM Assistant? You can do player edits a bit easier on that

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:02 am

radusauce47 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:58 pm

Any ideas?
This might help: https://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/v ... 92#p241892

Return to “Data Editing Forum”