Project NHL32 - Seattle Edition (2019-20 Season BETA!)

This is the place to discuss database or roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager (other than the TBL Rosters). Please note that any queries about the TBL Rosters or data editing should be asked in the TBL Rosters Forum and the Data Editing Forum respectively.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
naruke42
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Pittsburgh Penguins

Project NHL32 - Seattle Edition (2018-19 Season)

Post by naruke42 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:18 am

Where do I put the graphics pack?

kev26
Junior League
Favourite Team: Montreal canadiens

Post by kev26 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:23 pm

I have notice a little bug, during de first year (2018-2019) team Canada u-20 pick only 6 or 7 real player the others are all ''grey'' player for the u-20 world championship, all others teams have full roaster. I made 5 simulation and it's happen each time.

xECK29x
Fringe Player
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

Post by xECK29x » Wed May 01, 2019 1:32 am

kev26 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:23 pm
I have notice a little bug, during de first year (2018-2019) team Canada u-20 pick only 6 or 7 real player the others are all ''grey'' player for the u-20 world championship, all others teams have full roaster. I made 5 simulation and it's happen each time.
I just found this same issue in my DB, I found a hard-coded GM/Head Coach contract in the database from last year, once I removed those assignments Canada was working again. Not sure why it's only effecting Canada.

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Sat May 25, 2019 7:48 pm

NHL 32X v5.0 - 2019-20 Season BETA

Here's a little Memorial weekend treat for everybody - a public but still very much BETA release of NHL32X 2019-20 Season. As discussed below with screencaps, it has all the 18-19 season stats in the NHL so prospect and Calder lists for the season will all be accurate. Jack Hughes is on New Jersey, Kakko is NY Rangers but the rest of the 2019 draft is still of course not decided so for now they just fold into the 2020 draft. Feel free to edit the DB before you start if you want to manually assign rights to 2019 prospects so the '20 draft is more accurate - I don't have the time to do a mock draft file so just plan on an official release of this DB with draft results included shortly after the real NHL draft takes place.

Lots of leagues and structures are in the midst of being updated complete with graphics for the 19-20 season...much of it is done but still plenty left to do so I'm not going to get into details and also be aware some leagues will not work at the moment. Remeber, this is a BETA. Most major and popular leagues should be fine though.

Also - I've had reports that during free agency, NHL teams oddly decide to sign all free to one year deals - this is not a DB issue, this has happened every year I've done an early off-season release of the DB. Generally the CPU will sign free agents to cheap one year deals and then extend them to more realistic deals during the season. I don't claim to understand, it's just what the CPU does. You would think you could outbid the CPU easily for every free agent in this case, but it's actually not true. I offered Duchene an 8x$9 million deal as Seattle GM and he accepted a 1-year, $3.5 million offer from Nashville - who later extended him 6 years at $9 million. But please continue to report weird things to me and I'll look into them.

Finally, you can now download separately either a standard version of NHL32X (just Seattle) or one complete with the fantasy WHA/WHAII/ICC format that adds those leagues and lots of new foreign clubs. Be sure to grab the graphics pack as well. As always, you can adjust the Seattle identity and graphics in the pre-game editor, see the included text file.

Thanks and happy Memorial Day! P.S. - Seattle is HELLA fun to play now because of all the free agent options...enjoy it while it lasts! :P

DOWNLOAD:

NHL32X v5.0 - Standard (just Seattle added)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/80vfwfmq5upb6 ... d.zip?dl=0

NHL32X v5.0 - WHA (has the complete WHA setup with WHA, WHAII and ICC Cup)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2cie30gvikj0k ... A.zip?dl=0

NHL32X v5.0 - Graphcis Pack (includes many new 19-20 season identities and logo updates)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pk22rknt5lco ... k.zip?dl=0

- Includes 18-19 NHL season stats (regular, not playoffs yet) so your NHL team prospect lists will be updated and Calder candidates accurate for 19-20 as well as career scoring. Awards from 18-19 are obviously not yet input into the history.

- Promotions, relegations, new clubs, defunct clubs for 19-20 seasons throughout the world, including junior teams, has been started - definitely not complete though and some leagues involve changing structures which do not have new schedules yet implemented...so not all leagues are working at the moment. Most of the big ones are though.

- Ratings updates including projections for next seasons, input from IIHF events for prominent national team players and prospects, etc. A couple points I like to reiterate about the NHL32X DB - top prospects are "pumped up" for maximimum impact in the future and ratings are based as much on projection as anything that has happened in the past. As we roll over to 19-20, we can expect aging players to continue to decline and younger players to continue to grow and take on bigger roles. The goal of this DB is to start to reflect that.

- NHL contracts updated and I've dumped free agents which means the UFA and RFA pools are now full of players and that's great news if you want to try your hand at Seattle or a WHA club.

- World contracts are mostly updated for major top tier leagues but I have not gone through and dumped expiring summer of 2019 contracts like I have with the NHL...just too much flux right now.

- Overage players have been transitioned out of top junior leagues throughtout the world...CHL rosters are throughly updated for the upcoming season (as much as they can be at the moment anyways).

- Using input from IIHF events including the on-going World Championships to set top players and national team depth for many of the smaller nations, which also helps create some wild-card "diamond in the rough" players for one to scout throughout the world.

- Future NHL drafts and prospects have undergone a continued overhaul with lots of new '04 and '05 born stars added. Most of the top of the 2019 OHL and USHL drafts are updated and the top of the '04 WHL Bantam draft and many '03 born Q draft prospects but that draft have not taken place yet. Tons of new NCAA recruits in the future to keep the college scene full of players. An entire projected 2004 born USNTDP class is in the game and will start with the USNTDP automatically in 2020-21. USports rosters are not complete but have been entirely cleaned up and tons of 2019 commits from Canadian Junior Leagues added...my goal is to make USports the next playable league in the full release of this DB.

- As for the 2019 NHL draft, Hughes and Kakko are already signed with NJD and NYR, respectively but the rest of the draft class is going to be stuck with the '20 crop at the moment. If I have time, I'll create a mock draft import file so people can assign the '19 class to NHL teams and have a more accurate in-game 2020 draft but if that takes too long, I'll just wait till after the actual 2019 draft is complete for public release so I can have all the 2019 rights input.

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Sun May 26, 2019 1:35 am

Ok so I lied about not doing a Draft Import File...I did one for two rounds anyways, just so top 2019 prospects can be in NHL systems and the 2020 draft is thus going to play out a little more realistically...feel free to adjust the file to fit the draft to your liking...the draft order is correct but I've got the Bruins picking last for now since they had a better record than the Blues.

To use, open one of the new NHL 32X v5.0 2019-20 databases with the EHM Pre-Game Editor and "Import" the attached file. It will give NHL rights to 60 top prospects (remember, I've already got Hughes and Kakko signed in the DB), so two full rounds. Current mock draft is based on team board preferences at HFBoards mixed with some online rankings by scouts.

Draft Import File
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ad0xehv1k91t ... .xlsx?dl=0

Two rounds of mock drafted prospect rights...some teams with multiple high picks see quite a boost to their prospect pool:

More accurate 2020 draft cleared of top 2019 prospects:

greenwoodguy
Junior League
Favourite Team: Chicago Blackhawks

Post by greenwoodguy » Thu May 30, 2019 12:44 am

is there a way for us to edit the mock draft file to create round 3 through 7? Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Fri May 31, 2019 1:15 am

greenwoodguy wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:44 am
Post Wed May 29, 2019 5:44 pm

is there a way for us to edit the mock draft file to create round 3 through 7? Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out
If you do a full mock draft you mind posting the file somewhere? :notworthy:

hotwinglol
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Oilers

Post by hotwinglol » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:51 pm

I followed all the steps correctly but im not seeing the Expansion Draft xlsx file anywhere in the most recent NHL 32X v5.0 - 2019-20 Season BETA download. Any help would be appreciated

BKarchitect
Second Line

Post by BKarchitect » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:57 pm

Here's a direct link...3 rounds only. With the draft so close. I'll just release another Beta right after that has the draft rights already in there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ad0xehv1k91t ... .xlsx?dl=0

Realpity
Prospect
Favourite Team: North Bay Battalion

Post by Realpity » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:27 pm

Psssst … Alex Pietrangelo shrank to 5'5" in the DB, for your next update. This is awesome, nice to be able to play next season already, I keep updating contracts and trades on this one, thanks !

Return to “Rosters Forum”