Did I lose my game

Having difficulty installing or running EHM? Having trouble purchasing the game through Steam? Unable to get an addon or patch to work correctly? This is the place to ask for help! Please note that this is purely unofficial support offered by the TBL community.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
renos911
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: boston bruins

Did I lose my game

Post by renos911 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:51 pm

Hi,

While playing EHM yesterday, I had noticed that my computer was beginning to crash so upon noticing this I saved my game. While it was saving, or shortly after it saved, the computer crashed. After the computer restarted, I went to load the game and I noticed that the saved game information was gone and that it said my game date was on December 1 1969. When I try to load the game it begins to load until suddenly the entire EHM app shuts down without an error message.

What could cause this to happen and is there anything I can do to recover the game? Thank you for the help!

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Did I lose my game

Post by archibalduk » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:04 pm

I expect it was your crashing computer which caused it to happen. It sounds like the saved game was corrupted as a consequence of the crash.

If you used the rolling saves option then you could reload your last backup save. If not, there isn't anything that can be done. I highly recommend enabling rolling saves in the game options as it will maintain three backups of your saved games.

renos911
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: boston bruins

Did I lose my game

Post by renos911 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:58 am

Thanks for the quick reply! A couple follow up questions though:

I do have my game set to auto save every month and auto save mode to rolling files. I'm assuming this is what you meant by rolling saves? My next question is, if there is a backup save where would I find it? I only see my manual saves. Additionally, is there anything I could try through Steam? Do you think by any chance they automatically backs up games?

TurboJ
Prospect
Favourite Team: TPS

Did I lose my game

Post by TurboJ » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:59 am

renos911 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:58 am
is there anything I could try through Steam? Do you think by any chance they automatically backs up games?
I'd be interested in this also. I see that each time I close EHM, Steam does a quick sync on it. But what does it sync? Normally on games this feature syncs exactly the savegames and setting data. Does the same happen with EHM and where would I find those synced files if there are any?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Did I lose my game

Post by archibalduk » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:10 pm

As far as I'm aware, Steam cannot sync/backup saved games from EHM. But must admit that i haven't looked into this in any detail.

If you have Rolling Saves enabled then you will find backup copies of your saved game listed with "_1", "_2" and "_3" after the file name of your saved game. They will be listed as individual saved games when you click on the Load Game button in EHM. If none are listed then Rolling Saves wasn't enabled.

Return to “Technical Support”